Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2003, 07:59 PM   #1
MJ4H
Coordinator

Tiger Woods League Sign-up

OK. I finally figured out a way we can have a Tiger Woods 2003 league with FOFC players. There is a utility called Game Watcher which you can use to create a "verification file" that you email in to prove your offline round score. So basically, what I think I'd like to do is create a season of events, each worth a $$ amount for top finishers. Anyone that wants to play in an event can just send in a verification file by the deadline. No need to sign up ahead of time or anything like that. Of course the more events you enter, the more $$ you can earn on the season. I called this a sign-up thread just to guage interest in the idea. If there are several replies with interest, I will definitely set this up this week. If not, I will just go on playing by myself (NOTE: not "with").

Im figuring one to two events per week, one round per event. 20 events per season. The league will probably focus on custom courses, but will include some stock courses. "Sign up" below.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hm... I'm guessing the PC version of Tiger Woods 2003, yes? I'd be interested if I could find a cheap version of it someplace.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
RainRaven
High School JV

I would be highly interested in this as long as there is proper interest.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

I also would be very interested in this.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

I've picked out the courses Im thinking of making events for in our first season. Im also working with the author of the Game Watcher utility to get a reader for the verification files. I have the program, but its giving me an error. As soon as I get it running, I will probably get up a web page for this. Then we can just start doing events of season 1 and people can pretty much join (play an event) whenever.

Courses not in order of season chronolgy:

1. Eagle Meadows
2. Harbour Town
3. Joshua Ridge
4. Kilmory Links
5. Muirfield Village MAJOR
6. Pebble Beach MAJOR
7. Prince Course
8. Quintessence Ridge
9. Salmon Falls
10.Sea Pines - Ocean
11.St. Andrews MAJOR
12.The Cliffs at Waimea Lagoons
13.TPC @ Sawgrass MAJOR
14.TPC @ Scottsdale
15.Viridian
16.Royal Birkdale
17.Crandall Pines
18.Coyote Bluff
19.Lagalochan Bay
20.Desert Lakes

The ones that say MAJOR at them are obviously the ones that I think should host the four majors. None of these events have names, but we can name them whatever. Incidentally, Augusta is available, and I have it, but it always locks up on me after hole 12. I might reinstall it and if I can get it to work, it will most likely bump out one of the others (and be a MAJOR). These are all pretty standard courses. Several are stock courses, but most are custom courses. They are all VERY good courses, and highly regarded. As soon as I get the viewer issue ironed out, then a web page will go up with a download link for our custom game watcher utility.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Matt, I may join in if/when I buy TW2003. Really interesting stuff, I'll follow your activities closely.

FM
Old 08-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #7
Travis
Pro Rookie

Count me in.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:39 PM   #8
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Sounds good.

AND, Sorenstam says to put Colonial on there.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:00 AM   #9
Tasan
College Starter

Hey, I'm in on this. Just let me know when everything starts.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:10 AM   #10
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Celeval
Hm... I'm guessing the PC version of Tiger Woods 2003, yes? I'd be interested if I could find a cheap version of it someplace.
Supposedly Circuit City has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free at 19.99 deal this week for a number of games, including Tiger Woods 2003. Here be the blurb from GoneGold deals of the week:
Quote:
Buy 2 at 19.99, Get One Free - $19.99 @ Circuit City

Circuit City has a bunch of titles available at 19.99 this week, if you buy two of them, you get a third one free: 1503 AD, Command & Conquer: Red Strike, MVP Baseball 2003, Battlefield 1942: Road to Rome, Tiger Woods 2003, and Ultima Online: Age of Shadows.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #11
MJ4H
Coordinator

UPDATE:

I am still trying to get the file viewer working. It's giving me an error message and apparently Im the first one that's ever had a problem with it. Im working with the programmer trying to find the problem. As soon as I do, I will be making a wek site with a schedule of events, etc. Stay tuned.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #12
bonehog
n00b

Im in Matt. Just let me know when its ready.
bonehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:22 AM   #13
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Wish I could join (been playing solid for over a week now) but I am still an amateur.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:00 PM   #14
Calis
College Starter

If I ever get a chance to put some practice in, I'd be interested in this.

Right now I'm pretty horrid.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #15
MJ4H
Coordinator

Doesn't matter how good or bad. Just play a round and see how you do. No committments in this league (though its a lot more fun if everyone plays every event). If you get time to play an event, just turn on game watcher, set the conditions and play a round. Then email the verification file. Thats all you will have to do. Once the deadline for an event has passed, Ill post the leaderboard and award the prizes.

Now if that guy will just get that bug worked out.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #16
tucker342
Pro Starter

If I had Tiger Woods for PC I would be interested. But alas, I only have it for XBox

Last edited by tucker342 : 08-07-2003 at 08:40 PM.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #17
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I'll give it a try.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #18
sooner333
College Starter

Count me in fellas
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #19
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK the verification utility is working now. I will hopefully get a web-page up today that announces the first event with times and settings. Stay tuned here! We will move to the Dynasty forum with the actual league, but Ill announce its open here.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:15 AM   #20
MJ4H
Coordinator

ALRIGHTY BOYS!

Season 1 of the FOFC Tiger Woods 2003 League is UNDERWAY!

League Home page is:

FOFC TW League

First deadline is Tuesday for the first event. Get those rounds going! See you on the links (moving to Dynasty forum).
Old 08-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #21
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Wish I was further along in my skills. There are some basic shots I cannot even do yet, thus reducing my chance to be close to competitive.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #22
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Wish I was further along in my skills. There are some basic shots I cannot even do yet, thus reducing my chance to be close to competitive.

Bucc, if you simply play a game out of your career, with another created golfer, shouldn't you be able to do all the shots? You might not know (you the human) when to use them, but your golfer should be able to execute them...

As a disclaimer, I have to say I don't have TW2003 so I'm just guessing...

FM
Old 08-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #23
MJ4H
Coordinator

All skills are welcome. Heck you may be the only one to enter and win the whole purse on any given event

Don't be afraid, just fire up the course and beast out a round!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:49 AM   #24
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Frog, that would be true except my computer golfer still has to know how to hard to hit a shot and at what setting. For example, just lasy night I learned the Back Spin shot for the first time. It took me about 7-10 tries to get it just right. I wonder how many other shots I don't know how to hit.

MJ4H: I'll consider it.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #25
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Frog, that would be true except my computer golfer still has to know how to hard to hit a shot and at what setting. For example, just lasy night I learned the Back Spin shot for the first time. It took me about 7-10 tries to get it just right. I wonder how many other shots I don't know how to hit.

What I was saying is there shouldn't be anything that keeps your player from playing a particular shot (outside of your career that is) other than the fact that you (the human) don't know when to use it, or how hard to hit it.

Also, Matt's comment also would lead me to believe that pretty much everyone in FOFC is at about the same skill. There will be some better players and some much worse...

FM
Old 08-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #26
Travis
Pro Rookie

In this, you're just using the run of the mill golfer, so everybody is on an even playing field. I don't think you'll be able to do these tourney's in your career mode (unless you fluke out and are at the proper course) and you can't take your career golfer out of that career, even when it's done (as I found out), which is a good thing, because by the time you're done your career, you'll avg 330 yds per drive, etc, etc, while the golfer's we'll be using for this are hitting it about 270 unless you use a power shot.