Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

TCY: The Other Miami Dynasty

I had thought of doing another Richard Stockton dynasty, but I just don't like having to have the team in Philadelphia and have a stadium of 66,000 because we can't edit the info. So I'm going with a change in scenery.

The Other Miami Dynasty

The taking of the Miami of Ohio team to the Miami of Florida level.

EDIT: Thought doing it in narrative would get me into it. Obviously it has not. I don't continue with it because I don't feel like writing anything up. So...back to good ole dry stats.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-09-2003 at 04:35 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:01 AM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

The Start of a New Era

The Miami of Ohio football team is jealous. Jealous that another team that shares the
same city name is on top of the college football world. And they are starting to take
steps to correct that.

The hiring of Jason Wood as their new head of football operations is a clear sign that they
want what the other Miami has. Yearly success.

"We no longer want to be the punchline of any Miami football jokes." Says Miami of Ohio
President Jim Garland. "We want to take this team to superstar status."

Will they be expecting success overnight? No, says president Garland. "We are realistic
about this. We have been a bottom team for a long time and don't expect to be getting
Bowl bids right away. I've told Mr. Wood that he will given as much time as he needs to
turn this club around. Within reason, of course."

"The plan is very simple." Jason Wood tells us. "Simple game planning, aggresive recruiting
and a good atmosphere is what will get us to the top. These kids need to know that at
Miami of Ohio, they will not just be getting a football team, the'll be getting a family
that will help them in all areas of their life. Especially their post college life."

The players certainly are looking forward to the change.

"Mr. Wood is a very demanding person." Senior OT Bryan Cottle tells us. "In the past,
we would just come out, do our practice, go do our games and nothing was expected of us.
Now, we have guidance. Leadership to make us give the hundred percent that he demands."

"He's not an intimidating person. He's not ruthless about his demands." Freshman S
Jake Atkins is one of Miamo of Ohio's future stars. "He only demands what he knows we
can give. It's a very refreshing attitude. Most coaches either don't care and expect
to lose or they demand far more than the players can give. He's the perfect man for
what this team needs."

The goal for this team is simple. In the future, when people think of Miami football, they want
them to think of the Miami that sits near the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-02-2003 at 01:03 AM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote