Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2003, 01:11 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

The Rogue Competition Dynasty

Post things like your character dump, YASD stories, etc.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #2
Celeval
Pro Starter

Does it have to be Rogue, or just roguelike?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

YASD stories. Man I am frothing at the mouth.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #4
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by Celeval
Does it have to be Rogue, or just roguelike?

See the thread in the general forums, about the rogue competition.

Old 07-22-2003, 04:26 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man, I am like wand boy. I just got back from an excursion all the way to...um...250 feet (which is nothing, of course). And I have the following wands:

Runed
2 Gold
Titanium
2 Tungsten
3 Chromium

plus a Willow Staff and an Executioner's Sword.

-Anxiety

Old 07-22-2003, 04:38 PM   #6
andy m
High School Varsity

well, i am doof dude. i hadn't played in ages and forgot that things could be cursed, so i put a ring on. and now every minute or so i get teleported somewhere within the map. gah. currently level 11 and probably not going to last too much longer unless i can get uncursed
Old 07-22-2003, 05:26 PM   #7
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well my first character is dead, and he was going nicely. But I ran out of food 1 level shy of the surface. I explored the whole level, and couldnt find an up staircase.

Old 07-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

My character got some good luck from bad luck-tripped a trap door on level 1 after I had almost explored all of it and was ready to go back to town-tripped a summon monster trap there that got me up to Level 8 or so in just 30 minutues of play. Sweet. Also had bad luck when a green worm mass spit acid on a sling I was carrying that had been fighter I.d.ed as good.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:29 PM   #9
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I ran into my first special feeling level. Turned out it was a pit full of orcs and such. I slayed them all, then ran into a unique, bullroarer. he dropped a *slay Evil* sword. I might just have to use it. It has been blessed by the gods. Too bad there isnt any *identify* scrolls in town.

Old 07-22-2003, 08:31 PM   #10
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And WHAT, might I ask, do you have against Evil?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:09 PM   #11
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I have nothing against Evil, it just stands in front of my way to win!

Found my second special level. And I get the cloak Colannon. It gives me a nice +3 speed boost and a +3 to stealth. Im sitting about 500 feet deep now. Looking for something that provides free action, and something that provides fear and or confusion resistance.

Old 07-23-2003, 12:50 AM   #12
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well I finally bought an Amulet of Infravision, which is a step in the right direction. Still looking for something to protect against Paralyze, Fear, and Confusion for now. I am at 600' now, and will soon be diving to 800 or 900. My character is level 19 now.

Old 07-23-2003, 12:59 AM   #13
Celeval
Pro Starter

YASD!

First time playing straight angband in a while. So I forgot while fighting a slew of green worms that the acid was killing my Armor Class. So when my nice 9th level half-troll warrior was working his way back to the surface and ran into some problems with paralysis...

Level: 9
Exp: 435
AU: 139
Killed on level 1 by a Floating eye.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:08 AM   #14
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Ouch....

Old 07-23-2003, 04:02 AM   #15
andy m
High School Varsity

how do you remove curses by the way?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:23 AM   #16
Airhog
Captain Obvious

find a remove curse scroll

Unless it is a *curse*

which you will need a *remove curse* scroll to get rid of it.

Old 07-23-2003, 05:53 AM   #17
andy m
High School Varsity

ah, as simple as that. thanks hopefully i can buy some to keep this character going, i found an 'excellent' weapon not long before i saved last night.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #18
Airhog
Captain Obvious

they are pretty cheap. Usually can be found in the priests store.

I find 1 or 2 excellent weapons per trip. Its what keeps the cash going.

Old 07-23-2003, 12:46 PM   #19
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Damn Smeagol...

I had a tragi-comic romp through 150' trying to kill his ass. Stole all my gold before I finally put the sword through him...and realized that this is not like ZAngbandTK where you retrieve your gold if you can find and kill the thieving monster. Better to learn the lesson now with only about 300 gold.

For my trouble, I did get a nice 6+,6+ Flaming Lance.

Currently running around 300 ft, lvl 9.

Question for anyone who might know. After I exit and restart, I can't seem to use graphics anymore. I get a "can't read bitmap file '32x32bmp' and "can not initialize graphics' message even though it worked fine before I had closed and restarted the program. Anyone else have this problem?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:56 PM   #20
Airhog
Captain Obvious

JAG: I have not seen that problem before. You could do a search on the internet for it.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:04 PM   #21
Thomkal
Head Coach

What folder do you have the 32 X 32bmp file in?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #22
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

In the lib/xtra/graf folder. The weird thing is it worked fine the first time I tried using it, but after I quit Angband and then started it again, it gave me that error message. I'll try poking around with Google, just thought someone might've had it happen before.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #23
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quick Starting Guide to Angband

This guide is for our new players, to help them get a good solid character off the ground.

You start in town, and do the following.

1. Sell your weapon, and buy a new weapon. Whips, Daggers, and Glaives work well. You are looking for a weapon with the most attacks per round. You will do more damage for now.
2. You need more food as a Troll than normally. I carried about 15 rations to begin with.
3. You should buy a cloak, some leather shoes, and some gloves.
4. Sell your potion of heroism if you need too. At this point in the game you shouldn’t worry too much about death, since it only takes a few minutes to restart
5. Purchase 1 or 2 scrolls of phase door. These can be very handy.

Now go into the dungeon, and explore the first 4 levels fully. Since you are a warrior, you pseudo-ID all weapons and armor. Wear anything that comes up as good or excellent, even if you can’t ID it yet. You might wish to also keep the items that come up as being average too, just to sell. Save any staffs, wands, rings, etc to sell also. At this low depth, I usually just quaff any potions and read any spells I find. You can always ID the ones that don’t reveal themselves at a later date, but I don’t bother to bring those up with me since they rarely make much cash.

Climb back out of the dungeon now, you don’t need to explore fully unless you just want too.
In town you should first buy scrolls of ID. Id all the weapons and armor that is good or better. Then sell it. You will make more off the items that way. Also sell all of the average stuff. ID all of the Staffs and wands. Sell the good ones and drop the others.

By now you should have 600+ gold coins. Buy the following stuff

1. More food
2. At least 2 scrolls of recall. At later depths you want to carry 4 or more, but for now 2 will do
3. A Lantern and 3 flasks of oil. Go ahead and fill the lantern with one flask.
4. A shield and a helmet if you have the cash.
5. If you still have over 1000 coins, which you probably won’t yet you can buy a staff of perception. This will allow you to Id stuff in the dungeon. When in the dungeon, only ID stuff don’t want to carry to the surface. After a few trips you will begin to see the biggest money making items. I never ID weapons or armor in the dungeon unless I plan to wear it or use it.

Now you are pretty much set to go back down and start making your way to level 18 or 1900 feet. You should stop here for awhile, until you have free action. There are some nasties that lurk at 1000 and deeper that will paralyze you and suck the life right out of your ass,

So, this guide should help you pretty much. Remember, stop and explore any level that gives you a special feeling. It will either be an orc pit, or an artifact. Both are really nice.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:55 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Damn,need to be a Mage. Just found Kelek's Grimoire of Power massivey out of depth. One of the key tomes to get. Made a cool 15k though. Almost enough to buy that Holy Avenger sword in the shop.....

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Airhog, I got a special feel at 350' and it was a lesser vault. Nothing good in it, but neither an orc pit or an artifact.

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 01:59 PM   #26
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Anxiety: I didnt think you could get a vault so low

Old 07-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mega Dola -

to add to Airhog. I've never read any of the FaQs or guides, so this may or may not be in them. But you need certain things before going too deep in the dungeon:

Bow and arrows. For a fighter, these are crucial. You want a magical bow for sure. If you can get a good discount on enchant scrolls, make a magic bow. This is good against monsters that have some sort of magical attack, when you are afraid, and against certain uniques, like Wormtongue.

Items that give you See Invisible and Free Action. Paralysis will kill you and Free Action is vital. See Invisible becomes needed very quickly. At lower depths, you'll want the four basic elements resisted, hold life, poison and confusion resistance. But that will be a while.

Look for rods. Rods of Fire Bolt, Frost Bolt, etc are very helpful because they give you a nice punch to soften an enemy, hit a fleeing stronger enemy, etc.

Rod of Teleport Away - You can send away bad guys. Good last resort measure.

Rod of Recalling - worth its weight in diamonds, platinum and uranium. Most valuable rod for a warrior to have, imho.

Since autoscum is truned on, all levels will have something interesting. As such, you could find items out of depth, so items that come up later could be found earlier. Sometimes, all it is is my non-magical Executioner's Sword. Sometimes it's a creature out of depth, so beware. And sometimes it is a valuable object.

Also, staves. Staff of Perception and Teleportation can both be purchased at the stores. I'd use a Staff of Teleportation after you get the money instead of scrollls of Phase Door.

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Found a Lance, Holy Avenger. Not bad at all, if I do say so....

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 03:11 PM   #29
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think that teleportation is good to have, but you should be careful using it, since you dont know where you are going. I wouldnt use it with 25 hp left thats for sure.

I was nearly killed at 850 feet, after a 3 headed hydra tried to ruin my day. Im still trying to get my dexterity and charisma off 3, but have been unable to buy the needed potions. Still looking for that ring of free action, or any item that will give me it.

I just finished off Boldor King of the Yeeks too Im not positive, but he is probably my best kill so far. Here is my character dump

Code:
[Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump] Name Nuglof Self RB CB EB Best Sex Male Age 30 STR: 17 +4 +5 +0 18/80 Race Half-Troll Height 73 INT: 11 -4 -2 +0 5 Class Warrior Weight 252 WIS: 14 -2 -2 +0 10 Title Veteran Status 1 Dex: 9 -4 +2 +0 7 3 HP 322/322 Maximize Y Con: 17 +3 +2 +0 18/40 18/20 SP 0/0 Preserve N Chr: 9 -6 -1 +3 5 3 Level 25 Armor [19,+34] Saving Throw Very Good Cur Exp 18778 Fight (-1,+5) Stealth Fair Max Exp 18778 Melee (+7,+8) Fighting Legendary Adv Exp 21000 Shoot (+1,+1) Shooting Superb Blows 5/turn Disarming Good Gold 8872 Shots 1/turn Magic Device Fair Perception Bad Burden 144.6 lbs Infra 50 ft Searching Poor Your father was a Stone-Troll Warrior. You have slime-green eyes, mangy sea-weed green hair, and blue leprous skin. [Character Equipment] a) a Dagger of Extra Attacks (1d4) (+8,+3) (+2) It increases your attack speed by 2. b) a Long Bow (x3) (+2,+1) c) an Adamantite Ring of Feather Falling It makes you fall like a feather. d) a Quartz Ring of Slow Digestion It slows your metabolism. e) an Obsidian Amulet of Charisma (+3) It increases your charisma by 3. It sustains your charisma. f) a Brass Lantern (with 12297 turns of light) It cannot be harmed by fire. g) Hard Leather Armour of Resist Fire (-1) [6,+4] It provides resistance to fire. It cannot be harmed by fire. h) The Cloak 'Colannon' [1,+15] (+3) It increases your stealth and speed by 3. It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers. i) a Small Metal Shield [3,+1] j) an Iron Helm of Infravision [5,+3] (+2) It increases your infravision by 2. k) a Set of Gauntlets [2,+4] l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Stability [2,+11] It provides resistance to nexus. It makes you fall like a feather.

Old 07-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm currently in a major vault. There's a Master Vampire guarding the Phial. Wish me luck....

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 06:42 PM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

My guy is still going, Level 13 right now. Escaped starvation when I found the stairs to town with just 1 Food left. Haven't gone that deep yet-about 300', mainly because the stores don't have any word of recall scrolls. And with a char with a CHR 3, everything is so darn expensive.

Best item so far is a Main Gauche of Frost, from Bullroarer. Nothing else that special otherwise.

For people new to Angband, I would add to the great advice above:

1) Look for some means of finding traps, doors, and stairs. Traps can do permanent damage to your stats (until cured) and with your starting finances so low, it may be awhile before you can afford the cure. Finding secret doors and locating stairs when you need them are both nuisances especially with the half-trolls searching ability for doors in beginning-And you can break down doors you can't get unlocked with your high STR.

2) Look for a permanent means of lighting up a room-all sorts of nasties could be waiting for you in the dark...Usually the source is the Phial, but you might not find that right away. Scrolls and Staffs of Light are good until the Phial pops up.

3)Watch out for pack monsters and "breeders". On Level 1 packs of jackals often appear. They aren't difficult to beat, but if they surround you in an open room, they can kill a young character. The Cave Spiders on Level 2 and below are more deadly, and it only gets worse from there. Wait until you run into the various Hounds. Breeders are things like various mice, and worm masses that duplicate or breed far faster than you can kill them one on one if you don't get to them quickly. Use a distance weapon, or wand of some sort to help here. Breeders can quickly overrun a level-so watch out!

4) Another prime killer of young characters are likely the first "uniques" you'll encounter-Farmer Maggot's dogs-again try to keep them away from you as they have no distance attack.

5) See those glittery veins of ore in the wall? Use a shovel or pick and dig them out for cash.

6) Make sure if you quaff potions or read scrolls like Airhog suggested above, that you do it in a corridor or dead end with no monsters around. You don't want to read an un-ID'ed summon monster scroll in an open room! I personally take them back to the surface and sell them un ID'ed. Most are cursed, and the money you lose for the few rare good ones you find on low levels isn't that bad.

7) In stores you can use the examine command to see what the various items for sale do-helps a lot with the gazillion items in the game. Some items you get in the dungeon may require the "next level" of identify-a scroll of *Identify* instead of a regular scroll or staff of perception to find out the full amount of abilities on them. Artifacts and ego items usually fall into this category-an ego item is basically an item with more than just a basic + to damage or attack or armor class. My Main Gauche of Frost I talked about above is a ego item.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:08 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog
Here is my character dump

Airhog, I apologize for my ignorance, but how do I do a character dump? Never done one before...

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 07:12 PM   #33
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
Airhog, I apologize for my ignorance, but how do I do a character dump? Never done one before...

-Anxiety

Goto The Character Screen. use F I belive. It gives the option at the bottom.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:21 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Excellent. Here, then, is my character. Currently. With his newest acquisition (the gloves).

Code:
[Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump] Name Nuglof Self RB CB EB Best Sex Male Age 30 STR: 18 +4 +5 +0 18/90 Race Half-Troll Height 73 Int: 11 -4 -2 +0 5 4 Class Warrior Weight 252 WIS: 14 -2 -2 +1 11 Title Veteran Status 1 DEX: 9 -4 +2 +0 7 HP 317/317 Maximize Y CON: 17 +3 +2 +0 18/40 SP 0/0 Preserve N CHR: 9 -6 -1 +1 3 Level 24 Armor [34,+26] Saving Throw Good Cur Exp 12657 Fight (+3,+14) Stealth Bad Max Exp 12657 Melee (+10,+24) Fighting Legendary Adv Exp 15000 Shoot (+9,+2) Shooting Heroic Blows 1/turn Disarming Good Gold 22273 Shots 1/turn Magic Device Fair Perception Bad Burden 130.1 lbs Infra 30 ft Searching Poor Your father was a Stone-Troll Warrior. You have slime-green eyes, mangy sea-weed green hair, and blue leprous skin. [Character Equipment] a) a Lance (Holy Avenger) (2d8) (+7,+10) [+3] (+1) It increases your wisdom by 1. It slays demons, undead, and all evil creatures. It provides resistance to fear. It is blessed by the gods. It grants you the ability to see invisible things. It might have hidden powers. b) a Long Bow (x3) (+6,+2) c) a Moonstone Ring of Damage (+9) d) a Silver Ring of Free Action It grants you immunity to paralysis. e) a Mithril Amulet of Resist Lightning It provides resistance to lightning. It cannot be harmed by electricity. f) The Phial of Galadriel It lights the dungeon around you. It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers. g) Partial Plate Armour [22] {average} h) (nothing) i) a Large Metal Shield of Resist Fire [5,+4] It provides resistance to fire. It cannot be harmed by fire. j) a Metal Cap of Beauty [3,+6] (+1) It increases your charisma by 1. It sustains your charisma. k) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim' [1,+10] It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers. l) a Pair of Hard Leather Boots [3,+3] [Character Inventory] a) 10 Rations of Food b) an Oily Yellow Potion of Neutralize Poison c) a Purple Speckled Potion of Speed d) a Viscous Pink Potion of Cure Serious Wounds e) a Puce Potion of Restore Life Levels f) a Scroll titled "poso blurol" of Phase Door g) 2 Scrolls titled "ur cosro" of Word of Recall h) a Lead-Plated Wand of Stone to Mud (4 charges) i) a Lead-Plated Wand of Stone to Mud j) a Copper-Plated Wand of Scare Monster (5 charges) k) a Tin Wand of Lightning Bolts (11 charges) l) a Maple Staff of Perception (12 charges) m) a Sycamore Staff of Trap Location n) a Marble Ring of Resist Fire It provides resistance to fire. It cannot be harmed by fire. o) a Beryl Ring of Resist Cold It provides resistance to cold. It cannot be harmed by cold. p) a Zircon Ring of Protection q) a Metal Cap [3,+7] r) a Cutlass (1d7) {good} s) a Trident of Extra Attacks (1d8) (+4,+4) (+2) It increases your attack speed by 2. t) 11 Arrows (1d4) (+5,+4)

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 07:35 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dumb Jelly pits. You get no treasure, little experience out of them. Not worth the special feeling.

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 07:58 PM   #36
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I just made the ultimate find at 800 feet. a +6 Ring of Speed.

My character is now at +9 speed. All I need now is free action, and here i come 2000 feet.

Also picked up my first stat potion. A potion of Charisma.

Old 07-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #37
Thomkal
Head Coach

oooh a ROS, I'm jealous

And with Jelly pits, I open the door to them see its a jelly pit, close the door and go elsewhere. Too much of an annoyance for too little reward.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heh, just found Boots of Wormtongue -8,-8. What a disappontment to a "Special" level.

-Anxiety

Old 07-23-2003, 09:55 PM   #39
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow haven't heard of that artifact before Anxiety-what powers does it have? Might be worth enchanting them to +0/+) at least if it has good ones.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #40
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh, listen to this: got mobbed by manes after a pseudo dragon confused me on 550' or so. Used a scroll of recall and tried to run around to buy time. Ran into a jelly that acidified almost everything I had, including destroying an 'excellent' blessed flail that was pretty decent.

So I'm running, trying to buy time, hps going down fast, down from 212 to ...6, yikes! Four manes surrounding me, surely this is the end. One step...no swing at me! Step two...no swing at me. Step three...You feel yourself being dragged upwards!

Unreal, survival with 6 hps. Very blessed. So I'm level 17 now...

JAG
Old 07-24-2003, 12:45 AM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomkal
wow haven't heard of that artifact before Anxiety-what powers does it have? Might be worth enchanting them to +0/+) at least if it has good ones.

An *Identify* of the Boots:

It raises my Int and Wis by 3
Increases Stealth and Speed by 3
Feather Fall
Cursed
Activates for Phase Door

Issues:

The boots are:

(-8,-8) [2, +0]

Therefore, the boots hurt my attack and damage. Not good for a warrior. Probably really good for a mage, though.

-Anxiety

Old 07-24-2003, 12:57 AM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NAHAHAHA - My own Ring of Speed, at 900', in a lesser vault. Catching up....

-Anxiety

Old 07-24-2003, 09:35 AM   #43
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Had my first two 'special' levels back to back...a couple of orc pits. Still artifact-less...
Old 07-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #44
Bee
Pro Starter

I wish I had more free time right now. This looks like it would be a lot of fun.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Recent Char Dump:

Code:
[Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump] Name Nuglof Self RB CB EB Best Sex Male Age 30 STR: 18 +4 +5 +0 18/90 Race Half-Troll Height 73 Int: 11 -4 -2 +0 5 4 Class Warrior Weight 252 WIS: 15 -2 -2 +1 12 Title Myrmidon Status 1 DEX: 9 -4 +2 +0 7 HP 374/374 Maximize Y CON: 17 +3 +2 +0 18/40 SP 0/0 Preserve N CHR: 10 -6 -1 +1 4 Level 28 Armor [39,+34] Saving Throw Very Good Cur Exp 43349 Fight (+7,+11) Stealth Bad Max Exp 43349 Melee (+14,+21) Fighting Legendary Adv Exp 60000 Shoot (+14,+13) Shooting Heroic Blows 1/turn Disarming Very Good Gold 31734 Shots 1/turn Magic Device Fair Perception Bad Burden 110.9 lbs Infra 30 ft Searching Poor Your father was a Stone-Troll Warrior. You have slime-green eyes, mangy sea-weed green hair, and blue leprous skin. [Character Equipment] a) a Lance (Holy Avenger) (2d8) (+7,+10) [+3] (+1) It increases your wisdom by 1. It slays demons, undead, and all evil creatures. It provides resistance to fear. It is blessed by the gods. It grants you the ability to see invisible things. It might have hidden powers. b) a Long Bow of Power (x3) (+7,+13) c) a Ruby Ring of Speed (+5) It increases your speed by 5. d) a Bronze Ring of Slaying (+7,+6) e) a Mithril Amulet of Resist Lightning It provides resistance to lightning. It cannot be harmed by electricity. f) The Phial of Galadriel It lights the dungeon around you. It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers. g) Partial Plate Armour (-3) [22,-4] h) a Cloak [1] {average} i) a Shield of Deflection [10,+14] It cannot be harmed by acid. j) a Metal Cap of Beauty [3,+6] (+1) It increases your charisma by 1. It sustains your charisma. k) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim' [1,+10] It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers. l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Slow Descent [2,+5] It makes you fall like a feather.

-Anxiety

Old 07-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #46
Thomkal
Head Coach

Code:
[Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump] Name Nuglof Self RB CB EB Best Sex Male Age 30 STR: 17 +4 +5 +0 18/80 Race Half-Troll Height 73 INT: 11 -4 -2 +0 5 Class Warrior Weight 252 WIS: 14 -2 -2 +0 10 Title Swashbuckler Status 1 DEX: 9 -4 +2 +0 7 HP 218/218 Maximize Y CON: 18 +3 +2 +0 18/50 SP 0/0 Preserve N CHR: 9 -6 -1 +0 3 Level 16 Armor [24,+13] Saving Throw Fair Cur Exp 2253 Fight (+0,+5) Stealth Bad Max Exp 2253 Melee (+3,+9) Fighting Heroic Adv Exp 2760 Shoot (+1,+4) Shooting Superb Blows 3/turn Disarming Fair Gold 2118 Shots 1/turn Magic Device Fair Perception Bad Burden 117.0 lbs Infra 30 ft Searching Poor Your father was a Stone-Troll Warrior. You have slime-green eyes, mangy sea-weed green hair, and blue leprous skin. [Character Equipment] a) a Main Gauche of Frost (1d5) (+3,+4) It is branded with frost. It provides resistance to cold. It cannot be harmed by cold. b) a Light Crossbow (x3) (+1,+4) c) (nothing) d) an Adamantite Ring of Feather Falling It makes you fall like a feather. e) a Coral Amulet of Resist Acid It provides resistance to acid. It cannot be harmed by acid. f) a Brass Lantern (with 4873 turns of light) It cannot be harmed by fire. g) Chain Mail (-2) [14,+0] h) a Cloak [1,+5] i) a Small Metal Shield [3,+0] {25% off} j) a Metal Cap [3,+5] k) a Set of Leather Gloves [1] {average} l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots [2,+3] [Character Inventory] a) 20 Rations of Food b) 4 Flasks of oil c) 3 Scrolls titled "ur cosro" of Word of Recall {25% off} d) a Scroll titled "apprea nagiv" of Door/Stair Location e) a Chromium Rod of Trap Location f) a Maple Staff of Perception (7 charges) g) a Willow Staff of Light (15 charges) h) a Willow Staff of Light (5 charges) i) a Dwarven Shovel (1d3) (+0,+0) (+3) It increases your tunneling by 3. j) 30 Bolts (1d5) (+0,+0)

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-24-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:59 AM   #47
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Thomkal- I use (code) and (/code) around the text. replace the () with [] of course.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:01 PM   #48
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Dola- My deepest Unique is level 21.

Lugdush the Orc.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:05 PM   #49
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Is anyone going to attempt stat gain?

I really dont have the time to try stat gain. I will be gone friday-monday most likely. Im debating on just slowly working my way deeper.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mine's Sangahyando of Umbar. 1200 feet normally. But I'm ready to plunge.

-Anxiety