Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2003, 08:51 AM   #1
GMO
Mascot

How do I negotiate contracts in FOF?

It's the end of the regular season.
I want to negotiate next year's salary, and also future years.
How is this done without also having to re-negotiate this year's salary?
The 'Negotiate Player Contract' screen shows 'Current Season' in the salary area, along with future years. Because this is the end of the regular season I want to ignore the current season.
But if I set the 'Current Season' to zero then the player rejects the contract. The player (AI) can't seem to understand that it's the end of the regular season and I want to start negotiations for next year.
I also don't want to give an additional bonus for this year.

Is there a way around this?
Am I missing a way to do this?

Thanks.

GMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 AM   #2
henry296
College Starter

Give the same salary as the current year. It will prorarate the new salary for the rest of the year which is 0 weeks. The new bonus will also prorate across the current season, so you need some cap room to renegotiate.

Todd
Old 07-11-2003, 03:10 PM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

If you don't have the cap room to negotiate, you can either:

1. Like henry296 said, give the same salary as the current year, but also set the BONUS to zero. Most free agents won't like that, though.
2. Lower the salary to BELOW what they currently make, so that the new salary plus the pro-rated part of the new bonus equals to the old salary plus the pro-rated part of the old bonus.
3. Just wait until free agency and sign him then.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Or, you could check out the thread from the first time you posted this question:

Take One
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:06 PM   #5
GMO
Mascot

Thanks.

I don't find it to be realistic because IRL at the end of the season most players would negotiate or re-negotiate for next season without considering the current season.

It was mentionned that if I negotiate a new deal then any new bonus will be pro-rated for the current season. If it's the end of the regular season how much would the new bonus be pro-rated? There's no more regular season games left.
GMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't believe that a bonus is pro-rated. I believe it counts in full.

I believe what henry was suggesting is that a new 4 year offer including a bonus will count 1/4 of that bonus in the current year - whether you liek it or not.

On whether this system is realistic - hard to say. How many real world players renegotiate long term deals 3/4 of the way through the season, or while the playoffs are going on? Isn't it far more common to do contract issues during the offseason (as in - don't re-sign the player, but pursue him in the free agency market)?

Hope you enjoy playing.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
Samdari
Roster Filler

Its pro-rated across the life of the contract, with the current season counting as a full one.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:23 AM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
I don't believe that a bonus is pro-rated. I believe it counts in full.

I believe what henry was suggesting is that a new 4 year offer including a bonus will count 1/4 of that bonus in the current year - whether you liek it or not.

On whether this system is realistic - hard to say. How many real world players renegotiate long term deals 3/4 of the way through the season, or while the playoffs are going on? Isn't it far more common to do contract issues during the offseason (as in - don't re-sign the player, but pursue him in the free agency market)?

Hope you enjoy playing.

As far as realism, I believe that if a player were to sign a new deal at that point the signing bonus would be prorated, BUT, in real life I think a team could have the bonus be paid out at a time when it would begin to count again the cap in the next season (if I'm correct, the date for that would be June 1st. In FOF, however, all signing bonuses are dealt with immediately.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote