Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
lungs
Pro Rookie

International Baseball Resources?

I'm working on creating some rosters for OOTP5 for a World Cup tournament. Making some of the countries was pretty easy but now I'm getting to some of the countries that don't have nearly enough major leaguers, if any at all. I was wondering if anybody knows of any resources for any of this information?

I'd especially like to know about Cuban and Japanese players not playing in the majors that would be on their respective teams. I can't read Japanese so the Japanese baseball website doesn't help too much

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

There is someone who is an expert on Cuban baseball, his name escapes me. You might be served by going to baseballprimer.com and putting your request in the 'Cheers' Threads (inside Clutch Hits, it's just a thread for random conversation) someone there would know. You could search that site - I know I've seen references to a site with Cuban information.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Try links at the International Baseball Federation (IBAF), the association organizing the official baseball world cup in October.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-08-2003 at 05:06 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Dola, don't forget to include the dominating country in Europe: The Netherlands.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #5
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MIJB#19
Dola, don't forget to include the dominating country in Europe: The Netherlands.

I do have a copy of the roster of the Dutch team but I really don't have any information besides the basic information. Do you know anything about these players?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 02:56 AM   #6
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by lungs
I do have a copy of the roster of the Dutch team but I really don't have any information besides the basic information. Do you know anything about these players?
Eh, no...
I'm not a baseball follower at all, I just see the scores come by in Sports News programs or on sport pages of newspapers.
The big city nearby, Rotterdam, world's #1 harbour, actually has a baseball culture, so reading the [translation to English]Rotterdam Daily[/translation to English] makes it easier to follow.

Also, I saved a 32 page extra from the same newspaper on a baseball tournament played last week, including the Dutch team, so maybe there's info there.

Brings me to the most important question:
What kind of information do you need?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 AM   #7
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MIJB#19
Eh, no...
I'm not a baseball follower at all, I just see the scores come by in Sports News programs or on sport pages of newspapers.
The big city nearby, Rotterdam, world's #1 harbour, actually has a baseball culture, so reading the [translation to English]Rotterdam Daily[/translation to English] makes it easier to follow.

Also, I saved a 32 page extra from the same newspaper on a baseball tournament played last week, including the Dutch team, so maybe there's info there.

Brings me to the most important question:
What kind of information do you need?

Well I mainly would like to know who plays what position (roster list I have only lists infielders and outfielders) and generally who the better players on the team are. Nothing too in depth, just so I kind of loosely represent the players on the team.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:42 PM   #8
MIJB#19
Coordinator

lungs,

try this following link:
http://utopia.ision.nl/users/hwede/s...t03/index.html
This seems to be a site having stats of a very recent baseball tournament.
Or this link http://home.wanadoo.nl/hwede/stats03/ek03/index.html, containing data on European teams.
Both links from the same site seem to include batting and pitching stats, as well as positions in the game by game stats.

FWIW, the Dutch team was not at full strength at the tournament linked to first, though I heard they are for the European Championships.

EDIT: now the links should work...

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-12-2003 at 01:46 PM.