Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #1
bionicgrov03
n00b

the league of extraordinary gentlemen

just saw it today and must say that i was thoroughly impressed with this movie. i haven't been too big on the "comic-turned-major motion picture" trend lately, but i feel like this was the best one i have seen yet. when i first saw the trailor i wondered why sean connery had taken the role, but i think it was smart move. i don't think this movie will make a lot of money b/c it opening around so many other big movies, but if you get the time, go see it. one of my favorite things was the dialogue. it didn't have that plain, "i know exactly what you are gonna say" feel to it, and it didn't have any cheesy love story to tell. it is just good ole movie making. very very good flick.

bionicgrov03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:26 PM   #3
bionicgrov03
n00b

on a side note, don't waste your money on pirates of the caribbean. not a good movie.
bionicgrov03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 AM   #4
thealmighty
Pro Starter

I saw 28 Days Later and liked it VERY much.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #5
Swaggs
Coordinator

This is one of the Summer movies I am most looking forward to seeing. So far, I have only heard good things about it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:29 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This is really encouraging news. I read the comic books and they were fantastic. Really, really good stuff. With all of the difficulties with the production of the film and the fears I had about them watering down some of the characters, all this good "buzz" makes me a very happy camper.

I saw "28 Days Later" many months ago when it was still in Europe. Very, very good movie. Post-apocalyptic. rage. zombies. What else do you have to say?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 04:51 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by bionicgrov03
on a side note, don't waste your money on pirates of the caribbean. not a good movie.

If you don't mind, could you expand on this?

I like pirate movies, and I think Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are great actors, so I had some hopes this might be good.

Of course, my enthusiasm has waned a little, now when I look around and I see the movie being advertised by close up shots of the movie's stars in character, like they're models. There just seems to be something wrong with an ad for an action film that doesn't show any action.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #8
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Yeah, it good to hear that League is a good one.

July should be a great month for movies.

T-3
The League of Extrodinary Gentleman
Pirates of the Caribbean
Bad Boys II

Not too shabby there.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #9
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by cincyreds
Bad Boys II

No Tea Leoni = none of Ksyrup's $$.

Actually, this should be an interesting movie to "watch" - in the sense of its box office draw - because buddy cop movies have not done well over the past couple of years. That new Harrison Ford movie bombed. I think Hollywood has played the Lethal Weapon theme out as far as it can go, and people are bored with it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:48 AM   #10
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Bad Boys II? Yikes.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 AM   #11
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I was disappointed in 28 days later. I was expecting more of a horror-type story and found it to be more of an action/thriller film. More "Aliens" than "Night of the Living Dead".
Old 07-02-2003, 10:32 AM   #12
bamcgee
High School JV

I guess that just shows how important expectations are in forming an impression of a movie. Personally, if it's like Aliens, I'll be ecstatic.
bamcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:37 AM   #13
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow. Did anyone see that Harrison Ford-Josh Hartnett movie? It was possibly the worse movie of the year. It used to seem like Ford could not make a bad movie, and now it is the norm.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:43 AM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's really sad to see Ford decline. I guess maybe that's why he wants to do another Indiana Jones flick. You think about his career: small role in Apocalypse Now, in all three Star Wars, all three Indiana Jones, Bladerunner, Witness, the second two Jack Ryan films (not my favorite, but they were ok).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:49 AM   #15
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
It's really sad to see Ford decline. I guess maybe that's why he wants to do another Indiana Jones flick. You think about his career: small role in Apocalypse Now, in all three Star Wars, all three Indiana Jones, Bladerunner, Witness, the second two Jack Ryan films (not my favorite, but they were ok).

What about Working Girl, Blue?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote