Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2003, 07:30 AM   #1
cincyreds
High School Varsity

OT: The Official Happy July 1st 2003 Thread.

What are you guys doing or have planned this month?

Happy early 4th of July as well.

I will be on vacation next week and will be flying to San Antonio to visit with my brother, then we will ride back to El Paso and spend some time there.

My brother who was in Kuwait for the 9 months came home a couple of weeks ago, so I am really excited about spending some time with him.

Whatever you guys have planned I hope you have great time.

Be safe!

cincyreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
tucker342
Pro Starter

Nothing that special for me... my brother is going to Italy for a month for a saxophone competition, but besides that not to much is going on... have fun in San Antonio
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Happy Canada Day!
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #4
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek
Happy Canada Day!

You got that right, although I gotta work today

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #5
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I heard some time ago from a friend in Quebec that July 1st was also moving day in Quebec. Is that so Frogman, or was he just pulling my leg ?

Somehow, I just can't quite figure how everybody moving houses on the same day would work...
Old 07-01-2003, 10:45 AM   #6
Easy Mac

Flying to Galesburg, IL tomorrow afternoon, hopefully beating the tropical storm on the way.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:45 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Happy New (Fiscal) Year!
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic flying froggies
I heard some time ago from a friend in Quebec that July 1st was also moving day in Quebec. Is that so Frogman, or was he just pulling my leg ?

Somehow, I just can't quite figure how everybody moving houses on the same day would work...

Your friend wasn't pulling your leg, that's true. I'd say about 70 to 80% of the moving in Quebec happens around June 30, July 1st.

About making that work, it's easy: IT DOESN'T!!!!! That's simply crazy, everybody's waiting for somebody else to move out of the place they are going, it's simply stoooopid. don't know why it's like that and nobody does anything about it. Probably another one of those government thing where they once said that lease agreements at to go from July 1st to July 1st and everyobdy stuck with it. I tell you, it's simply crazy. Most of the moving companies/truck leasing companies (à la U-Haul) where all booked for June 30/July 1st as early as February. Crazy!

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 10:57 AM   #9
sooner333
College Starter

Well, on the 5th I'm leaving for a six day, six game, three ballpark road trip with a friend of mine. We're catching the Royals-Tigers on the 5th and 6th, the Cubs and Marlins on the 7th and 8th, and the Cardinals and the Dodgers on the 9th and 10th. Its really amazing how the schedule allowed us to do this, as the first games are always night games, and the Royals and Cubs second games are day games...allowing us travel time between cities. Anyway, it should be fun, I've never been to any of these parks. In fact, I've only attended major league games at Pac Bell, Candlestick, the Metrodome, and the Oakland Colusseum,. And spring training once, if that counts.

Anyway, after that, I'm heading to Idaho to visit a friend from when I lived in California for about a week and a half or so. I'm just trying to enjoy my last months before I head off to college. Its been fun so far and I'm gonna try and keep it that way.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #10
Dutch
"Dutch"

Spending the 4th with the small American community here for some fireworks (that scares the living crap out of the Turks who have no reason to assume there is anything celebrate ) then the next day driving over to the Aegean Sea, visiting the ancient site of Troy and across the Dardenelles to visit the site of the failed ANZAC/British landings on the Galipoli (Gelibolu) penisula, then driving down to Izmir (on the coast again) for a couple of days and visiting a couple of the old Roman Empire sites (Ephesus and Aphrodesias), then one day and night in Bodrum on the Med, then drive back to Ankara.

But don't be jealous, if you work at Burger King you probably make more money than I do....I'm in the military.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:27 AM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Have fun in El Paso, Cincyfan. Do me a favor and go get some great Mexican good at Griggs and Avilas. Then go get some of the greatest steak (and beans, and mushrooms, and desserts) in the world at Cattleman's. Man, I miss El Paso.

Today's the first? Crap, rent is due. I hate rent....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:33 AM   #12
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Today's the first? Crap, rent is due. I hate rent....

There's a house payment every Thursday

Can't say I hate Thursday though, it's payday. Kind of a love/hate relationship...

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Quote:
Well, on the 5th I'm leaving for a six day, six game, three ballpark road trip with a friend of mine. We're catching the Royals-Tigers on the 5th and 6th, the Cubs and Marlins on the 7th and 8th, and the Cardinals and the Dodgers on the 9th and 10th. Its really amazing how the schedule allowed us to do this, as the first games are always night games, and the Royals and Cubs second games are day games...allowing us travel time between cities. Anyway, it should be fun, I've never been to any of these parks. In fact, I've only attended major league games at Pac Bell, Candlestick, the Metrodome, and the Oakland Colusseum,. And spring training once, if that counts.

Sounds like a dream road trip sooner man!! Have fun and be careful!

Quote:
Have fun in El Paso, Cincyfan. Do me a favor and go get some great Mexican good at Griggs and Avilas. Then go get some of the greatest steak (and beans, and mushrooms, and desserts) in the world at Cattleman's. Man, I miss El Paso.

I will ask my brother about Griigs and Avilas and also Cattlemans bro!! I am sure he will know it, since he has been stationed there for about 10 years.

Thanks for the the eating tips....now go pay your rent so that you don't get evicted and have to come out to El Paso to join us.

Does anyone celebrate Christmas in July??
Old 07-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #14
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

My wife and kids are leaving for a week and half tomorrow, so I'll be heading down to Austin, Texas on Friday morning (at least that's the plan for now). Going to see Bob Schneider at Antone's Friday and Saturday night and goof off, nap, and catch up on some reading during the day (unless someone can recommend something fun to do in Austin besides trying to find out where HM lives).
Old 07-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #15
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Yardwork on Friday and Saturday, then flying to San Diego on Sunday for a week-long conference.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #16
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Flying down to West Palm Beach on Thursday night to catch up with my wife and daughter, who left yesterday to see her parents and some relatives visiting from Jersey (Jersey relatives visiting South Florida? Who would have guessed it!).

Not sure of any specific things we are doing, although I'm damn certain I will have a frustratingly terrible time attempting to drive down there. I tell you, that place brings out the worst in me (and most people who live there). I'm already looking forward to coming home on Sunday. Lucky for me, my wife's parents are moving to Jacksonville in the next couple of months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #17
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek
Happy Canada Day!

Ita also my birthday today. Its nice to see canada getting all worked up over little ol me.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:30 PM   #18
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Noble_Platypus
Ita also my birthday today. Its nice to see canada getting all worked up over little ol me.

Not only do we get all worked up over little ol you, most of us take the day off Now that's something to be proud of

Of course that's a "movable" holiday so some company have switched to some other time of the year, like where I work, Canada Day is moved to December 28 as part of our two weeks paid shutdown around Christmas and New Year's. So on December 28th, I'll have a beer for you

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 06:38 PM   #19
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh that's right. Easy Mac is coming to the current residence of your very own Coffee Warlord.

Okay, quick poll. What evil things shall I do to him while he resided in my city.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:55 PM   #20
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Cam,

If you're down with the club scene, 6th street is the place to be in Austin. Texas State History Museum is very cool from what I hear. They have an IMAX screen, so that's a plus. If you like minor league baseball, the AA Round Rock Express is nearby.

My family will be traveling to Atlantic City for the National Sports Collectors Convention. Me and my brother still collect trading cards and I hope to complete my PSA graded 1986 Fleer basketball set during my stay. Anybody else going to the nationals?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #21
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

bigdawg, hope you have a ball. Do you buy your cards already graded by PSA? I've got most of the '86 Fleers, but they aren't graded. Let me know what cards you need and I'll see if I have any extras. I think I'm only missing about 14 (yes, including Jordan).
Old 07-01-2003, 07:26 PM   #22
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Cam

Mostly yes, but I've got a few ungraded that I want to send in at some point.

I need cards # 7, 12, 22, 31, 32, 43, 44, 46, 55, 56, 57, 67, 68, 70, 77, 79, 82, 99, 109, 110, 112, 118, 120, 123, 126, 127, 129, 130, & 132.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #23
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
Not only do we get all worked up over little ol you, most of us take the day off Now that's something to be proud of

Of course that's a "movable" holiday so some company have switched to some other time of the year, like where I work, Canada Day is moved to December 28 as part of our two weeks paid shutdown around Christmas and New Year's. So on December 28th, I'll have a beer for you

FM

Thanks FM.Glad I can be part of the reason everyone gets a day of and a cold beer.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #24
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Probably going to go see T-3 before I leave.