Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2003, 04:50 PM   #1
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Cool OT: College Football PBEM

Hey guys,

There's a thread started in the Hattick forum about a new college football play-by-email game. Many of us Hattrickers have already signed up, just you might be interested about this...

Here's the link to the thread:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...threadid=10829

And here's the link to the game's site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tcfa/

We might set up some FOFC conference in there, should be lots of fun.

FM

FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Sweet, signing up now. Thanks for the links!

I have always wanted to play hattrick, but like fat chicks, hockey just doesn't do it for me. This should be awesome!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:04 PM   #3
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Um, hattrick is soccer. So, no fat chicks playing hattrick.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #4
MJ4H
Coordinator

Signed up as Arkansas
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:07 PM   #5
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by MattJones4Heisman
Signed up as Arkansas

Sucks for you. What part of hog country are you from? I am located right in the middle of it.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Dola -

I should say where I go to school at.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:08 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Signed up as North Carolina
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM   #8
McSweeny
College Starter

heh... looks like there will be far too many teams to have an all FOFC conference
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:12 PM   #9
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Notre Dame might even consider doing a FOFC conf.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:19 PM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny
heh... looks like there will be far too many teams to have an all FOFC conference

Since there will be some virtual travelling fees involved when paying away, I would think it would be a better idea to have more than one FOFC conference...

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 07:19 PM   #11
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Could have regional conferences though. You have to pay to travel, so, the more teams in the same, or regions close to one another, the better.

Billy, I'm in region 5 too. We should package ourselves together if worse comes to worse & we have to hunt outside of fofc for a conference. Haven't seen any other fofc guys in 5 so far, but I haven't lookedat every team.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:22 PM   #12
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by damnMikeBrown
Could have regional conferences though. You have to pay to travel, so, the more teams in the same, or regions close to one another, the better.

Billy, I'm in region 5 too. We should package ourselves together if worse comes to worse & we have to hunt outside of fofc for a conference. Haven't seen any other fofc guys in 5 so far, but I haven't lookedat every team.

I am pretty sure my team is in region 4 (Louisiana). I think the travelling fees are just region # - region # (so it would only be 1). And since they aren't many people from my area (i dont think) a region 4 & 5 conference might not be a bad thing at all.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:37 PM   #13
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Guys, if you have signed up, make sure you also sign up for the mailing list, or else your team will be deleted. If you have nto signed up already, consider doing it soon, look at the latest update from the mailing list:

Quote:
A whole bunch of new teams have been added to the game, maybe even yours.

We've pretty much reached the point at which I'm leery of adding still more teams, but there's been a lot of people who have

A. looked at the home page;
B. presumably read the whole thing, including the part which tells you to sign up for the mailing list after you apply for a team; C. clicked on the "Apply For A Team" link; D. applied for a team; E. been taken to the page which thanks you for applying and tells you to sign up for the mailing list now that you've applied, F. and refused to sign up for the mailing list.

I'm not sure if they're waiting for an engraved invitation or what, but I'm not terribly inclined to hold their hand throughout this process. Teams without coaches on this mailing list are going to end up in the great electronic circular file, which should thin the herd a bit.

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 08:51 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm in MA, so it would be a trip.. any other Northeasters want a FOFC Northeast?
Old 06-30-2003, 08:58 PM   #15
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
I'm in MA, so it would be a trip.. any other Northeasters want a FOFC Northeast?

I'm in MA too, it's known as region 1. In the thread in the HT forum, BishopMVP has started putting together the name of teams in region 1 and 2 that we could have in a FOFC East conference.

What's you team name?

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 09:07 PM   #16
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

I think FOFC pretty much took over New England.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 PM   #17
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I submitted an application as the Memphis Tigers.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:26 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dean Panthers in Franklin, MA
Old 06-30-2003, 09:29 PM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
Dean Panthers in Franklin, MA

Your team's not listed in the region 1-2 teams that could make FOFC East. Go post your team info in the HT thread, we should be able to fit you in...

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 09:36 PM   #20
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Signed up as the coach of the Davenport College Peons in Region 5. Offers of scheduling and conference affiliations welcomed, but we'd prefer fellow cupcakes at this point.

Yeah, my roster is a real scream. Go ahead and laugh; I know you can't help yourselves.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:39 PM   #21
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu Blue
Signed up as the coach of the Davenport College Peons in Region 5. Offers of scheduling and conference affiliations welcomed, but we'd prefer fellow cupcakes at this point.

Yeah, my roster is a real scream. Go ahead and laugh; I know you can't help yourselves.

You really want me to laugh in both forum...

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #22
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

How can I change my name to to the University of Memphis? Does the commish have some form of a chat program?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 PM   #23
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
How can I change my name to to the University of Memphis? Does the commish have some form of a chat program?

Send him an email, the adress is on the main page...

FM
Old 06-30-2003, 11:04 PM   #24
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Sucks for you. What part of hog country are you from? I am located right in the middle of it.

WTF

NW
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #25
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Just to let you know if you're reading this thread and not either the HT one or the one on the TCFA message board, I am starting an 8-Team conference based out of Regions 1/2. If you fit the qualifications (located in Region 1/2) and are interested, post in one of those two threads. Only 4 more teams left to add. If anybody has a good conference name go ahead and post it too since I am not very creative.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:18 AM   #26
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by BishopMVP
Just to let you know if you're reading this thread and not either the HT one or the one on the TCFA message board, I am starting an 8-Team conference based out of Regions 1/2. If you fit the qualifications (located in Region 1/2) and are interested, post in one of those two threads. Only 4 more teams left to add. If anybody has a good conference name go ahead and post it too since I am not very creative.

Count me in.
FUNY 2/2

(double posting just to be on the safe side...)
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:44 AM   #27
tucker342
Pro Starter

so....tempting...must... resist....urge...to...join....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:58 AM   #28
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I signed up as the Tokyo University of Indianapolis Samurai. Any other FOFCers in region 5?
Old 07-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #29
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
so....tempting...must... resist....urge...to...join....

Come on, don't resist, it'll be fun

BTW, there's probably 55 teams already in and the guy who runs it said he'll probably cap it at 60 and see how it goes for now. People signing up after 60 will be put on a waiting list...

Depending on how long it takes him to simulate a week, he said he might expand to 100 afterward if there's enough demand.

FOFC almost owns the whole place

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 09:18 AM   #30
bryce
High School Varsity

Any other Region 6ers wanna get a conference started? I saw a few in the area (Wichita Fallas, Oklahoma, San Antonio, etc), but I'm not sure if these are FOFCers or not...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:55 AM   #31
Radii
Head Coach

Is anyone else in Region 3? That's where my Tar Heels are. I wonder if it would be crippling to try to join a region 1/2 or 4/5 conference since I haven't seen anyone post about region 3 yet.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:07 AM   #32
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up ROLL CALL!!!

Okay, I'm trying to put together a list of FOFCers playing this game. Here's what I've found so far.

Code:
Code School name Mascot Location FOFC region ACC ACC University Devil Terps Charlottesville, VA terpkristin 3 ARK University of Arkansas Razorbacks Fayetteville, AR MattJones4Heisman AST Astoria College Paranoia Astoria, NY 2 BCD Boston College Ducks Boston, MA 1 BLT University of Bartlett Bees Memphis, TN CBT Cambridge Tech University Beavers Cambridge, MA Ronnie Dobbs2 1 CCC Chattanooga College of Commerce Choo-Choos Chattanooga, TN COW University of Cowtown Scorpions Fort Worth, TX thealmighty 6 CSB University of California at Santa Barbara Gauchos Santa Barbara, CA Vince? CSD University of California at Sunnydale Demons Sunnydale, CA CVU Cherry Valley University Patriots Cherry Valley, NY 2 DCU Dorchester University Demons Boston, MA KevinNU7 1 DEA Dean College Panthers Franklin, MA SirFozzie 1 DOC District of Columbia University Warriors Washington, DC 2 DVP Davenport College Peons Flint, MI Honolulu Blue 5 FFF French University of New York Flying Froggies Poughkeepsie, NY fantastic flying froggies 2 FRK Frankenstein College Monsters Frankenstein, MO HVU Happy Valley University Saints Orem, UT ICU Indiana Chemical University Peekaboos Bean Blossom , IN ISU Idaho State University Bengals Pocatello, ID KSU Kennesaw State University Owls Kennesaw, GA larrymcg421 LCU Louisiana Cyclone University Cyclones Lafayette, LA Doug5984 4 LTU University of Littleton Mustangs Littleton, CO LVL Laval University Alerions Pittsfield, MA FrogMan 1 MAS University of Massachusetts Minutemen Amherst, MA BishopMVP 1 MER Mercury University Gamblers Averill Park, NY MID Midlothian University Orchards Midlothian, VA MIO Miami University Redskins Oxford, OH damnMikeBrown 5 MSK Miskatonic University Elder Ones Arkham, RI Nyarlahotep 1 NDS North Dakota State University Bison Fargo, ND PilotMan 7 NDU Notre Dame University Fighting Irish South Bend, IN BillyMadison ONU Ohio Northern University Polar Bears Ada, OH PVB University of Ponte Vedra Beach Golden Knights Ponte Vedra Beach, FL QSU Quantico State University Gamecocks Quantico, VA RUM Rutgers University Madness Springfield, NJ SIC Southwest Indiana Clown College Purple Jokers Evansville, IN SLU Shaolin University Evil Team New Iberia, LA TRN University of Trenton Kneebreakers Trenton, NJ TUI Tokyo University of Indianapolis Samurai Indianapolis, IN mrsimperless 5 ULH University of Lake Huron Lakers Port Austin, MI UNC University of North Carolina Tar Heels Chapel Hill, NC Radii 3 UOK University of Oklahoma Muleriders Norman, OK USA University of San Antonio Armadillos San Antonio, TX TonyR 6 UTA University of Texas Longhorns Austin, TX bryce UWF University of Wichita Falls Titans Wichita Falls, TX WAS University of Washington Huskies Seattle, WA

If you see your team name in here and your name isn't there, please post in this thread with your region number and I will update the list.

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #33
Radii
Head Coach

Is there any interest in a region 3/4 conference? Here's what we've got so far:

Region 3:

ACC University - terpkristin
North Carolina - radii
Kennessaw State - larrymcg

Region 4:

Louisiana Cyclones - Doug5984
Arkansas - MattJones4Heisman

I'm assuming Golden Eagle's Memphis Tigers will be in region 3 or 4 when they get added as well.

There are 3 other Region 3 teams and 5 other Region 4 teams that I don't know if they are FOFC people or not.

(crossposting in hattrick thread)
Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #34
sooner333
College Starter

Well, I just signed up. I'm East Popcorn State in Valliant, Oklahoma. Although I'm quite surprised nobody has picked the "Harrison University Panthers" from Old School (at least I think its the Panthers, it could be Wildcats).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:53 AM   #35
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Radii
Is there any interest in a region 3/4 conference? Here's what we've got so far:

Region 3:

North Carolina - radii
Kennessaw State - larrymcg

Region 4:

Louisiana Cyclones - Doug5984

I'm assuming Golden Eagle's Memphis Tigers will be in region 3 or 4 when they get added as well.

There are 3 other Region 3 teams and 5 other Region 4 teams that I don't know if they are FOFC people or not.

(crossposting in hattrick thread)

yes- i would be interested in a region conference for my team
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:26 AM   #36
Radii
Head Coach

Update:

Region 3:

University of North Carolina - radii - CONFIRMED
Kennesaw State - larrymcg - CONFIRMED
University of Ponte Vedra Beach - MylesKnight

Region 4:

University of Bartlett - ausonnel?
University of Memphis - GoldenEagle
Louisiana Cyclones - Doug5984 - CONFIRMED

Looks like Memphis has officially been created now. If there's any other Region 3/4 FOFC teams out there let me know, and if you're interested in joining this conference please speak up! The balance between the regions looks great now if everyone is interested

(CONFIRMED - people that posted that they would be interested, etc)

(also crossposted to/from the hattrick forum thread)
Old 07-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #37
Passacaglia
Coordinator

This looks awesome! Hope I get into the 60 cap. Then I'll be in as the Grand Rapids University Fighting Calders!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:53 PM   #38
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Passacaglia
This looks awesome! Hope I get into the 60 cap. Then I'll be in as the Grand Rapids University Fighting Calders!

quick update, there are 62 teams listed right now and yours is one of them. Welcome aboard!

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 03:02 PM   #39
ausonny
High School Varsity

I'm in for the conference for Region 4.

edit for stupidity

Last edited by ausonny : 07-01-2003 at 03:08 PM.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 PM   #40
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ausonny
I'm in for the conference for Region 4.

edit for stupidity

ausonny, I wasn't sure, but is Bartlett your team?

FM
Old 07-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #41
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm in as the Eagles of Eastern Michigan......
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #42
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks for the info, frogman!!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #43
ausonny
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
ausonny, I wasn't sure, but is Bartlett your team?

FM

sorry, yeah, that's correct.
ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

Sweet ausonny Looking for a response from one last person and we can set up the parameters we need for the conference. I'll start up a new thread for that. Any ideas for a conference name? I have no imagination here... so something like SouthEast conference or something would be the best I could do :P

We have to come up with a tiebreaker formula too so if anyone has any ideas they feel strongly about there be thinking about that too.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:33 PM   #45
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Passacaglia
Thanks for the info, frogman!!

No problem, I'll post an updated list tonight.

ANYBODY, please let me know if you have a team on the list posted above so I can list you as a member of that game. Thanks.

FM