Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #401
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Question two - any chance Brady could make it back for the playoffs? I know RB's take 9 months or less now (although 2 years before they're really back was the rule of thumb), could a QB do it in 4? I guess IR precludes it anyway, but it just seems like recovery times are improving rapidly (quick - get the HGH and Hyperbaric chambers).

Tom Brady is no Rod Woodson.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #402
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to see Aaron Rogers do well tonight.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #403
SFL Cat
College Starter

Minnesota romps tonight, then all the second guessing in Green Bay begins...you just know some in the Packers' brass were hoping Favre flopped in his Jets' debut.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 09-08-2008 at 06:23 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #404
Jas_lov
College Starter

Packers going the wrong way. 4 penalties and a lucky fumble recovery on one drive.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #405
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kornheiser is determined to make Packer fans look like douchbags, isn't he?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #406
Jas_lov
College Starter

Korenheiser should have been taken off MNF long ago. He adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast. What is his purpose? Football knowledge? Humor? He brings nothing to the table.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #407
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I haven't really had a chance to see Peterson play for several reasons, mainly because where I live it's usually a choice of watching either my Niners or the Chokeland Faders (when they aren't blacked out). In fact the only time I have ever seen him play was against the Niners and Willis held him in check the entire game, in fact I think he had 2 yards total. Anyways...

After watching just 1 quarter of this guy run against the Pack, I am thoroughly impressed. He's seeing holes, he's showing a good burst, and he's powering through tackles. I never had a chance to see Eddie George when he was younger but I imagine that this is what he looked like before he slowed down to a crawl. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but he seems like a pretty nice stand up guy. He always has a smile on his face, and I have yet to hear anything bad in the news about him. Hopefuly he can stay healthy, because he he's going to be in more nationally televised games I'm going to be a happy man.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #408
Jas_lov
College Starter

Touchdown! The Vikings gave them 30 chances and they finally did it. Great job by Aaron Rodgers.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #409
saldana
Pro Starter

al harris may be the worst cornerback in the NFL...he interferes more than any other guy (which can possibly be said about alot of guys) and costs his team more in penalties than anyone i have ever seen.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #410
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Calling him the worst Corner in the league is a rediculous statement. Overrated would be a better word, and even then I don't know that he's looked at as a top flight corner as it is. I'd say he's mediocre but just gets some press because of his dreds.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-08-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #411
SFL Cat
College Starter

I'm absolutely flabbergasted Harris didn't get called for pass interference...that was the easiest PI call you're ever going to see.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #412
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Calling him the worst Corner in the league is a rediculous statement. Overrated would be a better word, and even then I don't know that he's looked at as a top flight corner as it is. I'd say he's mediocre but just gets some press because of his dreds.

i'll take that correction...overrated is a much better term, as you are right, there are much worse guys on other teams.

as far as how he is viewed, maybe i am a bit biased since he used to play in Philly, and he was glorified as being a great cover man in their nickel package.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #413
Jas_lov
College Starter

That block hurts. But Rodgers is playing great and the defense has played well. Just 6 passing yards for the Vikings. Maybe the QB problem is theirs and not the Packers. The Vikings will certainly not romp tonight as someone predicted above.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #414
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
That block hurts. But Rodgers is playing great and the defense has played well. Just 6 passing yards for the Vikings. Maybe the QB problem is theirs and not the Packers. The Vikings will certainly not romp tonight as someone predicted above.

Outside of Tavaris Jackson, I don't think anyone is of the belief that the Vikings don't have a QB issue.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #415
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Jeez, could the Packers clusterf*ck that final 1 minute any worse? Don't even try on 3rd down and then get a chip shot FG blocked. Sheesh. The Packers are winning, but they're getting manhandled on both sides of the line of scrimmage. They better improve on that or this score won't hold.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #416
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I need jennings to get 30 more yards or a TD. Addai really fucked me. I'm on pace to lose with the 2nd highest total.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #417
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

brutal penalty there
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #418
Jas_lov
College Starter

Another penalty? What a joke! That was a perfect throw.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #419
miami_fan
Coordinator

Rodgers is getting truly fucked by his own team.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #420
Jas_lov
College Starter

Touchdown special teams! Making up for that FG Block! 17-6 Packers!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #421
sabotai
General Manager

It sure would be nice if Tony would shut the fuck up about Brett Favre...not like we haven't heard about every single day for the last few months.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #422
miami_fan
Coordinator

What happened to protecting the QB on that offsides?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #423
Logan
Head Coach

I wish ESPN would realize that sometimes players are standing on the "down and to go" graphic which prevents us from seeing how many yards are needed.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #424
Jas_lov
College Starter

Ryan Grant! Packers looking to close out the Vikings.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #425
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So when was the last time at QB who never started a college game started an NFL game? Why haven't I heard this trivia like 1,000 times already?

I don't recall details, but I don't think Brad Johnson was really ever the long term starter at Florida State, and he made a pretty decent NFL career out of things.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #426
SFL Cat
College Starter

Color me wrong about the Packers. Starting to look like Rodgers doesn't make anyone miss Brett Favre this week...and Jackson is making Minnesota fans wish they had been the team to get Favre rather than the J-E-T-S.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #427
Jas_lov
College Starter

Jackson played better in the 2nd half, but he's no Aaron Rodgers. The Packers have proven tonight that they're still the class of the NFC North and Rodgers has proved himself against a really good defense. Too many penalties for the Packers kept the Vikings in it.

The loser of the Vikings-Colts game next week will start 0-2.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #428
miami_fan
Coordinator

Good Job Aaron Rodgers! Congrats on your first win as a starter.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #429
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The Packers have proven tonight that they're still the class of the NFC North and Rodgers has proved himself against a really good defense.

I wouldn't go crazy on that, the Bears had a pretty impressive win last night
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #430
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Are you forgetting who you are talking to?

Last edited by miami_fan : 09-08-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #431
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nice job ignoring Jennings for the whole 2nd half. Now I'm In for a whole week of smack cause I lost my fantasy game by 1 point

Anyways it sounds like rodgers played pretty good.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #432
Logan
Head Coach

Not a good start for Mike Greenberg. First he calls JaMarcus Russell the #1 overall pick in 2000, and then says Cutler throws it "short" for 14 yards and a first down.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #433
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Not a good start for Mike Greenberg. First he calls JaMarcus Russell the #1 overall pick in 2000, and then says Cutler throws it "short" for 14 yards and a first down.

I was just telling my wife this game will be impossible to listen to
Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #434
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:

I agree. The Bears looked impressive and I thought they'd be terrible this year. I think we can all agree that the Packers are the better team though.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #435
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I agree. The Bears looked impressive and I thought they'd be terrible this year. I think we can all agree that the Packers are the better team though.

I wouldn't automaticaly agree with that. I think it can go either way
Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #436
Logan
Head Coach

Wow, Zach Miller got held twice on one play.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #437
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was just telling my wife this game will be impossible to listen to

You were right.. brutal.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #438
Thomkal
Head Coach

very happy that Rodgers played well and the Packers won. That should shut the commentators and columinists up for one week at least.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #439
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Mike, and Mike, and Mike. Good grief, these guys are terrible.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #440
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post

Yes. Yes, they are.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #441
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I think this is something even Pats and Jets fans plus Bears and Packers fans can all agree on. So, kudos to ESPN for bringing fans of all kinds together in unity on an issue.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #442
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just now checking in. As a Packer fan I couldn't take the chance that Jas would drive me nuts during the first game of the year.

Rodgers was pretty damn good, glad things went well for him. 15+ more starts this year with a bunch like that and he is good to go. The offensive line was crap though, and in the first quarter I was yelling at the TV for a timeout to be called and every o-lineman to get slapped upside the head, hard. Improvement is a big must there. Defense was pretty good, and no shame in giving up just over 100 yards to AP.

As for the things said about Al Harris, I would say overrated is a fine label. I think he is damn good against a lot of WRs in this league, but there are a number of guys (Plax) who can really make him look bad sometimes. The physical style of play by GB CBs is the key to their success, and the penalties are something you are going to get with that I guess.

As for the Bears, I said it before and will again. They looked better then I thought they would last night, but they need to do it more (just like Rodgers does) to show they are actually any good. They played a banged up, rusty Colts team with some key pieces missing (C Saturday) that would have a big effect when playing a defense like the Bears. As for them versus Packers, well they have had the Packers number even when they sucked last year so not much to say in the heads up match until the Pack can beat them.....
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #443
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I love watching the Raiders play so awful, only because I am sick of hearing how the NFL hates them and is out to screw them every fucking game. Not to mention the fact that so many of those people still think Al Davis is a God.

It is amazing theater.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #444
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

My god. These guys are awful.

I am going to bed. I can't handle them anymore and it's halftime and late.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #445
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ruck the Faiders
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #446
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, okay that wasn't holding on Zach Miller on their first drive. They had to challenge the spot of the ball to get a correct call.

Not saying that they aren't executing, but it's hard to play against the donkeys and the refs.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #447
Raiders Army
Coordinator

On the Packers game, at least Michelle Tafoya had the good sense not to mention Favre...unlike Kornheiser who was literally sucking his dick the entire night.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #448
cuervo72
Head Coach

Worst. Booth. Ever.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #449
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I don't know which is more painful: watching the Raiders' horrible performance or listening to the three oafs in the booth.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #450
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know which is more painful: watching the Raiders' horrible performance or listening to the three oafs in the booth.

A booth of Rosie O'Donnell, Gilbert Godfried, and The Nanny wouldn't be as bad as the Raiders' performance.