Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #401
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
Like when their father is a mentally ill narcissist.

No, for medical reasons.

We don't even know anything about the chemical in Chris' system, and already people are making this into a steroid issue. The steroids in his house, AFAWK, were perscribed LEGALLY.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #402
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
The steroids in his house, AFAWK, were perscribed LEGALLY.

I think that's a distinction without a difference. All wrestlers have injuries, I don't imagine it's difficult to get perscriptions. It's their livlihood, they all know where to go to get what they need. When that cnnsi.com article came out about Orton, Angle, Mysterio, etc. using steroids, they were all by perscriptions.

But I agree that the growth hormone on the kid is probably a non-issue.

Last edited by molson : 06-26-2007 at 05:05 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #403
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Maybe... but why would the ADA bring it up unless he had reason to believe that the growth hormone wasn't being administered for legitimate purposes?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #404
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We don't even know anything about the chemical in Chris' system, and already people are making this into a steroid issue.

... as was predicted several pages back in the thread.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #405
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but why would the ADA bring it up unless he had reason to believe that the growth hormone wasn't being administered for legitimate purposes?

Clearly you're overestimating the intellect of the average DA/ADA, at least in this part of the country. You might very well be 100% spot on, but you're taking an unreasonably large huge leap of faith getting there with that reasoning.

And, does the name Mike Nifong ring any bells?

And, before anybody even wonders, that's not a bit of denial on my part, it's strictly a commentary on the quality of people in the average prosecutors office in Georgia.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #406
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Clearly you're overestimating the intellect of the average DA/ADA, at least in this part of the country. You might very well be 100% spot on, but you're taking an unreasonably large huge leap of faith getting there with that reasoning.

And, does the name Mike Nifong ring any bells?

And, before anybody even wonders, that's not a bit of denial on my part, it's strictly a commentary on the quality of people in the average prosecutors office in Georgia.

That did cross my mind, but it's not as if there's a case to be made against anyone here--athough, I suppose they could go after a doctor or two for a living target if they play the steroid angle.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #407
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That did cross my mind, but it's not as if there's a case to be made against anyone here

Again though, you have to remember that typically you're not talking about the sharpest knives in the drawer. If so, your logic applies, but most often around here you aren't.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #408
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
This just gets stranger and stranger..

The Asst. DA (on Headline news) just said there were needle marks in Daniel's arm and they think he had been taking growth hormone for "some time."

Per several people over at DVDVR.

I know that some small kids are given growth hormones to help them reach average height. Could that be what has happened in this case, or does this sound like something different.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #409
Jas_lov
College Starter

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT
By: Bob Ryder
6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

"Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked."

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her."

Last edited by Jas_lov : 06-26-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #410
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Hey, schizophrenia--my specialty. A little late in a male's life for onset, but possible.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #411
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Again though, you have to remember that typically you're not talking about the sharpest knives in the drawer. If so, your logic applies, but most often around here you aren't.

Plus, you've got an assistant DA who's certainly enjoying getting his name in the paper and even on CNN.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #412
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
McMahon to Apologize for Benoit Tribute

By James Hibberd
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.

The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.

Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit’s death when the tribute was assembled, sources said.
The WWE canceled its regularly scheduled “Monday Night RAW” event on USA Network Monday night and aired the tribute in its place.

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

The WWE plans to resume its regular wrestling telecasts, which air on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and the CW.
http://tvweek.com/news/2007/06/mcmah..._for_benoi.php
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #413
rowech
Pro Starter

I guess I have a question...If he's been taking steroids his whole career (which I'm 98% sure he has) why does something like this happen now? Why not prior if it's this whole 'roid range idea.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #414
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Interesting discussion today, I found the different viewpoints enlightening. I think there is something to the "celebrity death" angle, for the same emotions that makes fans of celebrities in the first place, if that makes sense.

I guess part of my reaction is my growing bias is the allure of pro wrestling. It is not because it is scripted for when I watched this back in the early 1970s, I had believed it was sort of like a game show. Nothing wrong with that. The allure that it seems to be based on steroids-infested freaks pretending to spout crass shit and then proceed to physically batter each other, well, I guess lots of people like that stuff.

My beef, as in the case of football as well, is what a player has to go through to in order achieve an ever increasing higher level of aggressiveness, meaness and violence - solely for the passive entertainment of fans. Somewhere along the line, there's got to be a real person instead of a persona built up by fans, handlers, PR flaks and the media.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #415
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
My beef, as in the case of football as well, is what a player has to go through to in order achieve an ever increasing higher level of aggressiveness, meaness and violence - solely for the passive entertainment of fans. Somewhere along the line, there's got to be a real person instead of a persona built up by fans, handlers, PR flaks and the media.
I think more and more fans are coming to realize that this is a dirty industry that eats its own. The wrestlers are sent out until they either walk away (rare), or are destroyed and discarded. Some fans have stopped watching over this, but not enough to make an impact. Maybe this is the tipping point.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #416
TroyF
Coordinator

I hate wrestling and really hate McMahon. . . but why the hell should he apologize for the tribute? He did what he did with the facts on hand at the time. He didn't know the clown had strangled his family before killing himself or the facts around the incident. People are idiots for ripping him for that.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #417
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Reports now say the mysterious text message to Chavo was along the lines of "the doors are unlocked and the dogs have been fed". Not exactly the most sensational revelation, although perhaps an attempt to get somebody to come to the house and find the bodies.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #418
molson
General Manager

Should be a surreal show tonight. I'm curious to see how the fans react to things like Vince's apology.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #419
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Every guy in the ring is on roids. This seems to be a case of mental instability. I feel sorry for the victims, families, and the people who looked up to what he did for a living.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 06-26-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #420
molson
General Manager

Maybe the folks over at the DVD board are reading too much into it, but it sure seems like Regal thought something might be up during his video testimonial yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mv0u-nhv5o

Last edited by molson : 06-26-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #421
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
The wrestlers are sent out until they either walk away (rare), or are destroyed and discarded.

Umm, there's a good number of retired/semi-retired wrestlers around who left on their own terms as much as anything else. Not entirely unscathed, but far from destroyed either.

Dean Malenko comes to mind from last night. Brock Lesnar walked away, so did Bill Goldberg. Further back just off the top of my head, Ted DiBiase, Ivan & Nikita Koloff, Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, Robert Gibson, Mr. Wrestling II, Rick Steamboat, and if you want to go further back Jackie Fargo, Jerry Jarrett, Ted Allen (aka The Nightmare), etc etc etc.

Yes, there were the traveling deaths like JYD, the drug deaths from World Class and beyond, the heart/weight related deaths, and the cases like Jake Roberts or Tommy Rich who are still alive but seem to be a wreck as often as not. But there's also plenty of retired wrestlers/ex-wrestlers, etc still living their lives & many of them seem to be as satisfied with their status in life as anybody else from any other job.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #422
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, schizophrenia--my specialty. A little late in a male's life for onset, but possible.

Could be but my money would be on psychosis induced by Steroids or other drugs.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #423
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Could be but my money would be on psychosis induced by Steroids or other drugs.

To me, this story sounds a lot like the tragic story of OT John Stryleczek (sp?) of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He was an offensive tackle who had numerous concussions that are now being said to have caused bipolar, dementia, and insanity. It is the same thing that struck SS Andre Waters of Philadelphia.

Could it be that numerous concussions might have led to eventual mental health problems which caused this tragedy? Just more specualtion that makes more sense to me than "psychosis by steroids"

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-26-2007 at 09:00 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #424
Jas_lov
College Starter

From WWE.com WWE/Benoit Timeline

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #425
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Was about to post this myself.

Talk about eerie messages.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #426
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Every guy in the ring is on roids. This seems to be a case of mental instability. I feel sorry for the victims, families, and the people who looked up to what he did for a living.

We all react to things differently. Take two similar people and abuse them for two years and one may turn on you and kill you while the other one may kill themselves.

I don't think people should be saying that roids were the only reason he ended up killing himself and his family. I don't think it should be ruled out of hand that they had nothing to do with it because everyone else was on roids and they didn't kill their families.

Both sides do a disservice to the matter at hand. We need to find out if roids did play a part in this and if the answer is yes, how big of a part. I realize that's more difficult than it sounds and that we may never have 100% correct answers on this. But we have to try before we come to any conclusions.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #427
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
To me, this story sounds a lot like the tragic story of OT John Stryleczek (sp?) of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He was an offensive tackle who had numerous concussions that are now being said to have caused bipolar, dementia, and insanity. It is the same thing that struck SS Andre Waters of Philadelphia.

Could it be that numerous concussions might have led to eventual mental health problems which caused this tragedy? Just more specualtion that makes more sense to me than "psychosis by steroids"

I'd buy that if he had been out of wrestling for a few years, like those guys were out of football. But Benoit was employed full time, on the road, and wrestling right up until this happened.

Last edited by molson : 06-26-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #428
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'd buy that if he had been out of wrestling for a few years, like those guys. But Benoit was employed full time, on the road, and wrestling right up until this happened.

On the other hand, he had been wrestling for more than 20 years. I don't know his medical history--did he have a track record for having multiple concussions? That appears to be a correlate for mental deterioration.

According to some of the stories posted, his coworkers had noticed a change in his mental state in the past year, so it is not as though the mental issues developed suddenly. Even if it did, that does not preclude anyone from functioning professionally for awhile. Andre Waters was a competent coach before his suicide (I believe he was around the same age, as well).

It's all speculation--we shall see if they ever do examine his brain tissue.

Last edited by Klinglerware : 06-26-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #429
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

It sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. No one knows how many concussions anyone has had, but I'm sure getting hit in the head with "steel" chairs and some of the other bumps he take do not help in regards to concussions.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #430
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
We all react to things differently. Take two similar people and abuse them for two years and one may turn on you and kill you while the other one may kill themselves.

I don't think people should be saying that roids were the only reason he ended up killing himself and his family. I don't think it should be ruled out of hand that they had nothing to do with it because everyone else was on roids and they didn't kill their families.

Both sides do a disservice to the matter at hand. We need to find out if roids did play a part in this and if the answer is yes, how big of a part. I realize that's more difficult than it sounds and that we may never have 100% correct answers on this. But we have to try before we come to any conclusions.

The sad thing about this is that as long as fans get their money's worth, they will keep on encouraging and supporting such destructive behavior. I am hopefull in remembering that boxing and track&field are shells of their former selves because they got so bad that it basically killed the sport. Cycling is getting close to that point, I think, and the NFL may get close if it and the fans keep themselves in denial.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #431
Groundhog
Coordinator

Maybe the guy was just sick in the head?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #432
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe the folks over at the DVD board are reading too much into it, but it sure seems like Regal thought something might be up during his video testimonial yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mv0u-nhv5o

The way he talks really makes it seem like he knew at that point...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #433
molson
General Manager

Benoit can type a text message pretty quickly.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #434
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Associated Press - June 26, 2007 10:05 PM ET

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A professional wrestler who killed himself and his family was a former customer of a company implicated in an upstate New York investigation of illegal steroid sales.

That's according to the Albany County District Attorney's Office, which is conducting the investigation here.

Authorities in Fayetteville, Georgia, say today that Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son before hanging himself over the weekend.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscular man was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

In Albany, the DA's office confirms the 40-year-old Benoit was a customer as recently as last year of the south Florida company MedXLife.

2 of its co-owners pleaded guilty to drug charges in Albany County in April, admitting they helped get prescriptions drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them. The pair testified Signature Pharmacy of Orlando filled the orders.

MedXLife, no longer taking orders, attracted customers through its Web site.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #435
WVUFAN
College Starter

I think I'm done with wrestling. This whole thing has me sick to my stomach.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 06-26-2007 at 09:49 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #436
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

There's a fair amount of speculation out there that Edge could walk away from the business soon. He was very close to Eddie and Benoit, he's still young, has lots of money, and a close friend (Christian) took a paycut to leave the WWE for the reduced schedule of TNA recently. Watching the last few seconds of his video and you can see it coming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFH7BnBWek. I think he's one of the few guys who's had to do a video for Owen, Eddit and now Benoit.

It's not hard to connect the dots on what he should do, which is why it's going to be even more depressing when he doesn't, and goes down the same path as everyone else over the next few years.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 06-26-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #437
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

So Anderson Cooper did a bit about the story and how all these wrestlers are dying, steroids, tough work schedule, drugs, basiclly what we all expected. And who do they interview as a representative of the industry... Brian Christopher.

... honestly.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #438
molson
General Manager

Quote:
So Anderson Cooper did a bit about the story and how all these wrestlers are dying, steroids, tough work schedule, drugs, basiclly what we all expected. And who do they interview as a representative of the industry... Brian Christopher.

... honestly.

Tom Zenk was booked.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #439
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
There's a fair amount of speculation out there that Edge could walk away from the business soon. He was very close to Eddie and Benoit, he's still young, has lots of money, and a close friend (Christian) took a paycut to leave the WWE for the reduced schedule of TNA recently. Watching the last few seconds of his video and you can see it coming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFH7BnBWek. I think he's one of the few guys who's had to do a video for Owen, Eddit and now Benoit.

It's not hard to connect the dots on what he should do, which is why it's going to be even more depressing when he doesn't, and goes down the same path as everyone else over the next few years.

I think you'll see Edge and Rey Mysterio go to be honest. Mysterio has peaked in his career and he keeps losing friends.

Sadly, Kurt Angle still is on my list of next to go, but not in a "retire" sense. Another death of a good friend of his? Plus his wishes of MMA? He's going to be in a world of trouble I am afraid.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #440
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tom Zenk was booked.

And The Ultimate Warrior missed his flight.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #441
DeToxRox
Head Coach

.. A we want Benoit chant during the ME of ECW tonight.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #442
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I think you'll see Edge and Rey Mysterio go to be honest. Mysterio has peaked in his career and he keeps losing friends.

Sadly, Kurt Angle still is on my list of next to go, but not in a "retire" sense. Another death of a good friend of his? Plus his wishes of MMA? He's going to be in a world of trouble I am afraid.

Angle really worries me. I don't know if he's just putting on an act when he goes on shows like Bubba the Love Sponge, but I sure hope he is.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #443
DeToxRox
Head Coach

from pwtorch

A woman tells News 1130 in Vancouver, B.C. that Chris Benoit's son Daniel had a condition called Fragile X syndrome. Wikipedia describes the symptoms:

Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

The woman interviewed for the News 1130 story says her family was in contact with the Benoits, but they didn't want to go public with the disease and chose to keep things low profile. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Wade Kellers Analysis: This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #444
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

all these people trying to "rationalize" what he did and make some sort of "excuse" for him being a murdering POS are really starting to piss me off.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #445
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
all these people trying to "rationalize" what he did and make some sort of "excuse" for him being a murdering POS are really starting to piss me off.

Ditto.

I am just posting any new information I haven't seen posted here.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #446
jbmagic
Pro Starter

A message from the Chairman
Written: June 26, 2007

The following message from Vince McMahon aired at the beginning of tonight's ECW on Sci Fi:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world – entertain you.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chairmanbenoit
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #447
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ditto.

I am just posting any new information I haven't seen posted here.

hehe okay.

it's like "dude...he killed his wife and his 7 year old kid. I don't care what his twisted mind was thinking. This isn't like elementary school where you get points for trying. You fucked up. doesn't matter what your INTENTION was. Your action was evil."
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #448
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
A message from the Chairman
Written: June 26, 2007

The following message from Vince McMahon aired at the beginning of tonight's ECW on Sci Fi:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world – entertain you.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chairmanbenoit

Have to say this was the right thing to do, though I don't think he should have gotten ripped as much as he has for the tribute when the details of what truly happened were not known.

That said, I think VKM is the worst thing that has ever happened to Wrestling and is a total POS who puts his ego and the Dollar ahead of the everything else including the well being of his Employees.

With this horrific event one has to wonder if he will finally start to re-evaluate the way he does business and the expectations he puts on his workers. Please don't take this as me blaming McMahon for Benoits actions, as I am not.

I do think the question needs to be asked though. Will the WWE finally start enforcing a legit no Steriods policy and maybe lessen the work load a bit to lessen the need for the Wrestlers taking Pain killers and other drugs to be able to perform.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-26-2007 at 11:03 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #449
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

is a total POS who puts his ego and the Dollar ahead of the everything else including the well being of his Employees.

Isn't this the way most big businesses work? I'm not trying to be antagonistic...it's a serious question.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #450
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Isn't this the way most big businesses work? I'm not trying to be antagonistic...it's a serious question.

And could also be why the world and society as a whole may not necessarily be heading in the best of directions, but that's a discussion for a different thread and a different day.