Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2005, 08:01 PM   #401
sabotai
General Manager

20 games a year seems about right for me, but definately not $49.99 for all of them (a lot of older games, text sims, etc.)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #402
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
20 games a year seems about right for me, but definately not $49.99 for all of them (a lot of older games, text sims, etc.)

Oh yeah, I agree. I was outlaying the worst possible case scenerio for me. Most years, I'll buy all of the major 4 sports, 2 college games, maybe a racing game, and one shootem up game. A few text sims as well..

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 08-16-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just had my most frustrating game of All-Madden Madden. SF just intercepted McNabb 5 times to help them beat me 41-35. I definitely think I'll need to tweak All-Madden sliders further for it to meet my skill level. I'm 1-7 so far on All-Madden Level while using the Eagles.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #404
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Footballforever updated his sliders just now

check here for his updates
http://forums.operationsports.com/v...898&postcount=1

Free to register there

Quote:
Footballforever's "Ultimate-ALL-MADDEN" Sliders

Well I played a few games on all-madden yesterday and I found that ALL-Madden is really the level to play on, if by far the best level in the game. The game play's do much better, it more fast wich I like. So I will be making sliders only for All-MAdden from here on, this is a base set, I will be fine tunning with these until I get the perfect ones.

*ALL-MADDEN* 12 MINUTES ACC CLOCK ON-
SUB OUT-84/SUB IN-89

Turn on the Fair play options on for all four options is lets you, This is a must with using my settings. It really keeps the game real and fair, so if you like to cheat the AI and go for it on 4th down in the first quater don't use these .

Last Upated as of 12:13am Thursday August, 18

**=indecate changes

OFFENSE

HUMAN
QBA-14
PASS BLK-20
WR CATCH-13
RBA-12**
RUN BLK-8**

CPU
QBA-12
PASS BLK-11
WR CATCH-10
RBA-12
RUN BLK-10

DEFENSE

HUMAN
AWR-16**
KNDWN-7
INT-9
BRK BLK-16
TKL-13

CPU
AWR-11
KNDWN-1
INT-1
BRK BLK-4
TKL-11

SPL TEAMS

HUMAN
FGL-9
FGA-7
PNTL-13
PNTA-7
KOL-9

CPU
FGL-8
FGA-6
PNTL-13
PNTA-7
KOL-9

PENALTIES
False Start-10
Holding-7
Face Mask-8
Offensive Pass Interference-10
Defensive Pass Interference-10
KR/PR Catch Interference-10
Clipping-8
Intentional grounding-10
Roughing The Passer-10
Roughing The Kicker-10

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 11:27 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #405
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Thanks to Todd again

ALL Madden guys is the level you guys need to play on.

the CPU playing calling is so much better on ALL Madden and the stats are more realistic. It has a great feeling when you play on that level.

with the right sliders its going to be great.

Try the sliders Todd and I posted above for ALL Madden.

Have fun.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to try Footballforever's sliders tomorrow. I just was blasted by the stinkin Raiders 34-14 on my limited All Madden Slider set. It was pouring rain and I fumbled the ball 4 times, recovering once. They only fumbled once and recovered once. However, I did notice that Fargas was doing the cover-up animation before getting tackled frequently. I didn't use the coverup button at all.

Rain definitely seemed to affect the fumbles and I saw more dropped balls than my past three games combined.

You know what was really annoying? I was down 21-14 going into the 4th quarter and McNabb "fumbled" on the Raider's 4 while scrambling. I'm fairly sure the ground had caused the fumble, but I had wasted my challenges earlier in the game They returned the fumble 96 yards for a TD to make it 28-14.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:50 AM   #407
jbmagic
Pro Starter

they better fix that pass/run glitch that was discover for the ps2 and xbox.

if you want more info goto maddenmania forum, VG sports forum or operations sports forum.

i dont want to spoil it for others here.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #408
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

From reading operation sports, that glitch doesn't seem to affect single player games, and I'm still not sure what it even is, nor do I care to know since it is just a way to cheat. As long as the CPU doesn't do it, and I know my best friend who I play against doesn't do it, I'm still happy with my Xbox version of the game.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #409
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, Playmakers is getting out of control. It looks like he's now saying "Set all this stuff to 0 and fix it on your own." Hell, I could've set the sliders on my own from day one. For now, I'm just going to stick with his previous set of "final" sliders ( ) and see if I stay happy with that.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #410
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
OK, Playmakers is getting out of control. It looks like he's now saying "Set all this stuff to 0 and fix it on your own." Hell, I could've set the sliders on my own from day one. For now, I'm just going to stick with his previous set of "final" sliders ( ) and see if I stay happy with that.

For future reference could you post his previous "final" sliders. If I can't find a good set of All-Madden sliders, I'll probably drop back down to All-Pro.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 AM   #411
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
For future reference could you post his previous "final" sliders. If I can't find a good set of All-Madden sliders, I'll probably drop back down to All-Pro.

Eaglefan its a big glitch because it affects cpu teams. you will know if ther going to run or pas..

i posted his final sliders above.

i dont have his previous sliders anymore. Its been deleted on the web site. because he just re edits his post at that forum

but trust me. his latest is really good. how he has it. try them out.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #412
jbmagic
Pro Starter

From now on if you guys want Playmaker updated sliders.

go here for Playmaker ALL Pro Sliders updates
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...68&postcount=1
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...40&postcount=1

go here For Footballforever ALL Madden sliders updates
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...98&postcount=1

you have to register for free to view and post there at Opertation Sports forum

i not going to post there sliders updates here anymore because they update and tweak them sometimes over there.
its much easier to go there to see his latest sliders because if they changes anything, he will edit the post on the links i provided.

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #413
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

dont let that zero fool you.

the sliders is working out a lot better with some of his sliders set at 0. the player true ratings really shows.

try them out. you will be surprise.

Playmaker is getting very good results with his latest sliders.

i know at first i tought damn sliders at 0, they wont do shit, but you will get very good stats. i am surprise how well it playing so far.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #414
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I f-ing HATE sliders. There, I feel better now.

NCAA is much better out of the box than Madden is. I like Madden on AM level, but like EF there is way too many INT's and super DB's. I might wait a week, get back into NCAA and then see where the slider guru's are at.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #415
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Eaglefan its a big glitch because it affects cpu teams. you will know if ther going to run or pas..

i posted his final sliders above.

i dont have his previous sliders anymore. Its been deleted on the web site. because he just re edits his post at that forum

but trust me. his latest is really good. how he has it. try them out.

It won't if you don't read it. I skimmed it, and couldn't figure out what it is talking about. In this case, ignorance is bliss for me.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #416
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm going to start up the game in about 15-20 minutes, and I'll post the last set of sliders I was using (which had come from Playmakers).
Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #417
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm going to start up the game in about 15-20 minutes, and I'll post the last set of sliders I was using (which had come from Playmakers).

but these latest sliders from Playmaker is way better than those last set of sliders he had.

try the new ones. and you will see.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #418
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
but these latest sliders from Playmaker is way better than those last set of sliders he had.

try the new ones. and you will see.
My problem with his new sliders isn't that it's made up of a lot of zeroes. My problem with it is that he frequently says things similar to "you can bump this up" or "tweak this to your liking" about the zeroes. Call me a puddle of goo, but it makes it seem like he's setting it to a bare minimum and asking us to do the rest.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 08-17-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #419
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
My problem with his new sliders isn't that it's made up of a lot of zeroes. My problem with it is that he frequently says things similar to "you can bump this up" or "tweak this to your liking" about the zeroes. Call me a puddle of goo, but it makes it seem like he's setting it to a bare minimum and asking us to do the rest.

true you make a good point.

but on his post over there, he saying it for people that play and try his new sliders for awhile. if it becomes too hard or easy then you adjust.

he made comments like that on his old sliders too. that his style i guess

try the new sliders how he has it, ignore the comments

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #420
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks Pumpy! I'm likely to go back to All-Pro as I think my skill level just isn't quite good enough for All-Madden, and I'll be working with this last set (but will give the most recent set a try too.) I just don't think the Eagles with their great offense (with T.O.) and with their excellent defense (I have 5 defenders with at least 90 ratings) should be losing to teams that were horrendous last year.

I want a good challenge, but All-Madden is just too much of a challenge for me at my current skill level. It's good to know that I could go to it if All-Pro becomes just too easy even with a good set of sliders.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #421
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, below are the settings I last used. The numbers are HUMAN/CPU as usual.

OFFENSE:
QB Accuracy - 10/10
Pass Blocking - 5/7
WR Catching - 12/14
RB Ability - 10/12
Run Blocking - 5/7

DEFENSE:
Awareness - 6/12
Knockdowns - 4/3
Interceptions - 4/3
Break Block - 10/8
Tackling - 4/3

SPECIAL TEAMS:
FG Length - 8/8
FG Accuracy - 6/6
Punt Length - 8/14
Punt Accuracy - 6/8
Kickoff Length - 9/9

I don't know if the punt returns will ever be quite right. They still don't feel right to me on these settings, and I honestly doubt they ever will.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #422
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
I don't know if the punt returns will ever be quite right. They still don't feel right to me on these settings, and I honestly doubt they ever will.

I've thought about maxing out the Punt Length for the CPU, to see if it makes /some/ kind of difference...
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:21 PM   #423
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think I'm about to raise run blocking for the CPU. I'm bringing it up from 7 to 9 for three quarters of a game to see what happens.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:23 PM   #424
thatfguy
n00b

Is anybody playing through a career on Superstar. Most peeps I see are talking about franchise play. I am just wondering if anything new happens in Superstar mode. I can see no point in the endorsements so far. My agent told me once I was the spokeman for Jed's Camp Grounds but that is about it. There are so many sponsors you would think it would actually mean something to get a deal.

I played Madden all weekend with JamesUMD and realized "I ain't as good as I once was, but i'm as good as I was once." Too many buttons for me
thatfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #425
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfguy
Is anybody playing through a career on Superstar. Most peeps I see are talking about franchise play. I am just wondering if anything new happens in Superstar mode. I can see no point in the endorsements so far. My agent told me once I was the spokeman for Jed's Camp Grounds but that is about it. There are so many sponsors you would think it would actually mean something to get a deal.

I played Madden all weekend with JamesUMD and realized "I ain't as good as I once was, but i'm as good as I was once." Too many buttons for me

I tried the Superstar mode, and pretty much simmed through everything. Jed's Camp Grounds was my first endorsement too, but I haven't a clue what's going on to be honest. I keep getting voice mails from Terrell Davis talking about some 'movie' I did, which I seriously can't recall having done anything of that sort since my first year.

I'm still trying to figure out how my personality is 'Disruptive' on my web page...
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #426
thatfguy
n00b

Question

Umm...can anyone say on Vick's nutz, Madden sure can. My simmed season saw Vick run for 1400+ yards and throw for 2200 yds 22 tds 18 ints and 11 rushing tds. LT only ran for 1500 and he was the leading running back. Vick's passing stats are about right though
thatfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #427
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've just finished a half of All-Pro with Playmaker's most recent slider set (he started a new thread and a new set focused on lowered pancakes again - the one that has lots of 0's for settings) and I have to say I'm impressed so far.

At the half: McNabb is 10 of 20 for 112 yards with 1 TD 0 INT and 2 sacks.

Westbrook has 11 carries for 73 in part because he broke off a 31 yard TD run.

Reggie Brown is my leading receiver with 4 catches for 49 yards. T.O. is being blanketed by Patrick Surtain.

Despite Koren Robinson being his best receiver, Trent Green is 8 of 12 for 97 yards with 1 TD 0 INT and 2 sacks.

Priest Holmes has 14 carries for 42 yards. (I'd like to see a higher rush average, but the Eagles do have a good run defense when Trotter plays.)

Tony Gonazlez is the leading receiver with 4 catches for 38 yards.

The leading Pancake blocks are Tra Thomas and Willie Roaf with 3 for each team.

Off to play my second half now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-17-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #428
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I just finished my game. I feel like there isn't quite enough offense in some of my All-Pro games, but usually too much offense for both sides in my All-Madden games. However, I'm generally more happy with All-Pro I suspect. Here were some final stats from my week 4 matchup of the Eagles vs the Chiefs (using the aforementioned slider set in my last post):

Final Score: 17-10 Eagles Win. I tried to run the clock down in the 4th quarter.

McNabb: 15 of 29 (51%) for 178 yards, 1 TD 0 INT. 6 sacks (they blitzed the heck out of me, fairly successfully.)

McMahon: 2 of 4 for 18 yards.

That brings up a point I want to make. At the urging of some of the threads on Operation Sports, I bumped the injury slider up just a notch (and it is a 40 or more notch scale.) After I did that, I'm getting a few minor injuries each game, including 2 in the last 2 games to McNabb that made me hold my breath for a bit. Also, I've seen one major injury in 4 games. I lost McDougle for the season to a broken collarbone. Anyway, back to the stats.

Trent Green: 12 of 20 (60%) for 132 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, sacked 3 times.

Westbrook: 17 carries for 99 yards (5.8 avg)

McNabb: 5 carries for 24 yards.

Buckhalter: 8 carries for 19 yards (2.4 avg)

Priest Holmes: 24 carries for 72 yards (3 avg) before he was injured in the 4th.

Larry Johnson: 2 carries for 5 yards.

Terrell Owens: 6 catches for 81 yards.

LJ Smith: 6 catches for 44 yards.

Reggie Brown 4 catches for 49 yards.

Samie Parker: 6 catches for 81 yards.

Tony Gonzalez: 4 catches for 38 yards.

Leading Pancakes:

Tra Thomas - 6

Willie Roaf - 7

Leading Tacklers:

Derrick Johnson had 15 for the chiefs.

Trotter had 11 for the Eagles.

Leading Sacks:

Kearse with 2 for the Eagles.

Kendrell Bell with 2 for the Chiefs.

Anyway, I'm tired of looking around with sliders. I'm reasonably happy with these and am going to play out my entire season with them. I'll only try out another set if I become unhappy with them. If they are good through a few games, I'll apply them to my superstar dynasty as well.

I doubt I'll go back to All-Madden unless I start dominating everyone including teams that are as good or better than the Eagles.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 PM   #429
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

EaglesFan27, are you using the zero sliders from Playmakers?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #430
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This has nothing to do with the game impressions, but I just saw a childhood friend's picture in my scouting report! That is cool! Darian Barnes and I hung out when were children despite my being a few years older than him. I "watched" him sometimes when his mom went out because she trusted me to keep him out of trouble. I actually hung out with him a bit when I visited NJ last summer. Now, his picture is staring at me in Madden! I'm going to feel bad tackling him, but it is the Cowboys so I'll do what I must
Old 08-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #431
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EaglesFan27, are you using the zero sliders from Playmakers?

Yes. I set my awareness to 4 since he gave a range of 3 to 5. I usually go for the middle when a range is given.

They are the ones called the AP reduced Pancake/Awr only sliders. I set them before he just made the change to bump CPU pass blocking up to 2. I don't see the need to make that change that he just did as the Chiefs generally did a fine job blocking my guys and Trent Green did a good enough job passing against me.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-17-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #432
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Playmaker's ALL Pro Madden 2006 Sliders.

In the future go here for any updates. Free to register there.

Playmakers AP reduced PANCAKE/AWR only Sliders
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...40&postcount=1

Playmakers Hybrid All-Pro Sliders
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...68&postcount=1

Quote:
Playmakers AP reduced PANCAKE/AWR only Sliders

ALL-PRO/12 MINUTES ACC CLOCK ON/FAIR PLAY ON

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT HOLDING-6 AND CLIPPING-8

SUB OUT-82/SUB IN-87-U WILL SEE MORE BACKUPS ON DEFENSE WITH THIS.

QBA-10/10
PASS BLK-0/2
WR CATCH-10/10
RBA-10/10
RUN BLK-0/0

AWR-3/10.......(THE OLD SETTING WAS AT 5 FOR HUMAN BUT 3 IS GREAT)
KNDWN-0/0.....(BOTH SIDES WILL DEFLECT PASSES THE HIGHER THE AWR)
INT-0/0..........(SAME AS KDWN COMMENTS POSTED)
BRK BLK-0/0....(EVENS OUT OL VS DL PLAY AND THE TKL SLIDER HELPS THIS)
TKL-0/0.........(THE HIGHER THE AWR THE BETTER THE TACKLING)

These Special Teams Sliders are under testing.

FGL-5/5
FGA-10/10
PNL-5/5
PNTA-10/15
KOL-9/9

Quote:
Playmakers Hybrid All-Pro Sliders

GAMEPLAY SETUP

ALL-PRO/12 MINUTES ACC CLOCK ON/FAIR PLAY ON

ALL PENALTIES MAXED ACCEPT HOLDING-6 AND CLIPPING-8

SUB OUT-82/SUB IN-87-U WILL SEE MORE BACKUPS ON DEFENSE WITH THIS.

PLAYMAKERS "SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL" LEVEL 1 SLIDERS (CPU AWR 10)

QBA-10/10
PASS BLK-0/2.......(Old settings were 4/5)
WR CATCH-10/10
RBA-10/10
RUN BLK-0/0.........(Old settings were 4/4)

AWR-5/10........(Old settings were 6/10)
KDWNS-0/0......(Old settings were 3/2)
INT-0/0...........(Old settings were 3/6)
BRK BLK-0/0.....(Old settings were 9/10)
TKL-0/0..........(Old settings were 3/6)

SPECIAL TEAMS-WILL BE THE SAME FOR BOTH LEVELS

FGL-8/9
FGA-6/5
PNTL-8/14......(I'm currently testing CPU's Slider so this might change)
PNTA-6/10
KOL-9/9

PLAYMAKERS "SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL" LEVEL 2 SLIDERS (AWR 12 & 14)

QBA-10/10
PASS BLK-2/3.......(Old settings were 4/5)
WR CATCH-12/12
RBA-10/12
RUN BLK-2/2........(Old settings were 4/4)

AWR-7/12 or 14...(For CPU AWR 14 read comments below)
KDWN-0/0..........(Old settings were 2/4)
INT-0/0.............(Old settings were 2/4)
BRK-0/0.............(Old settings were 8/8)
TKL-0/0.............(Old settings were 4/4)

If you play the CPU AWR 14 increase Human PASS BLK & RUN BLK SLiders to 4

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #433
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Looking at Playmakers' "Reduced Pancake" sliders, there's no friggin' way that the FG Length should be set to 5. With it set to 8, Jason Elam can only get the ball about 53 or 54 yards max.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 08-17-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #434
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The following quote is exactly what I don't like about the "zero formula" slider idea:

Quote:
As a result of my latest findings regarding the Blocking Sliders on Offense and the BRK BLK and TKL Sliders on Defense I've decided that the best way to balance out this situation is to go the ZERO Slider formula. This way the Human can best determine which Slider needs to go up or down to better fit gameplay. Now, if guy's are getting too much pressure on the CPU's QB or if the CPU is not running the ball as well as you would like there is a real simple solution to solve the problem. Everything is at 0 or already setup by me for you to start. So, now you decide how many clicks to go up because you can't go down anymore...

It really looks to me that he's saying "I give up. If something is too easy or too hard, you can change it." So, uh, exactly what the hell did Playmakers DO, then? Now we have to test his slider sets for him and decide what to move up or down? I'm trying to play a franchise here, not a bunch of test games. This is why I'm not keen on using the zero sliders.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #435
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looking at Playmakers' "Reduced Pancake" sliders, there's no friggin' way that the FG Length should be set to 5. With it set to 8, Jason Elam can only get the ball about 53 or 54 yards max.

Yeah, I agree. I forgot to mention that I did NOT use his screwy Special Teams sliders. I only used the sliders for defense and offense. However, I did use the idea of someone in that thread and kept Length at 10 and accuracy I lowered to 5. I hit a 55 yard FG with Akers in the game that I just played. However, I also missed one from 51 and 49 yards.

Speaking of stats (which I think are useful for evaluating sliders) I have the stats for my Eagles - Cowboys matchup.

Of note, the Cowboys had a 42 yard Julius Jones TD called back for holding and a 34 yard pass to Galloway called back for holding as well.

We beat them 34-3.

McNabb: 23 of 40 (57%) for 348 yards (including a late 73 yard TD to Reggie Brown in which they blitzed both safeties) 3 TD's 0 INT. Sacked 0 times. Donovan narrowly avoided a sack by Nguyen in the 1st quarter when he ducked under it and shrugged Nguyen off. He then recovered to throw a 23 yard TD strike to T.O.

Bledsoe: 14 of 28 for 184 yards 0 TD 0 INT, sacked 4 times. Quincy Morgan and Galloway each dropped at least 3 passes, otherwise he would have had a nice day.

Westbrook: 12 carries for 29 yards (2.4 avg) and 1 TD.

Buckhalter: 13 carries for 26 yards (2 avg).

McNabb: 3 carries for 12 yards.

Julius Jones: 20 carries for 80 yards (4 avg) Had a 42 yard TD called back. Ran with a great deal of shiftiness, using jukes a lot. I'm glad to see that isn't limited to All-Madden.

Darian Barnes 2 carries for 3 yards.

Terrell Owens: 7 catches for 81 yards and a TD.

Reggie Brown: 4 catches for 113 yards and a TD.

LJ Smith: 4 catches for 68 yards and a TD.

Westbrook: 4 catches for 34 yards.

Quincy Morgan: 5 catches for 45 yards. 3 drops.

Julius Jones: 3 catches for 42 yards.

Terry Glenn: 3 catches for 49 yards. 2 drops.

Leading Pancakes:

Tra Thomas - 4

Andre Gurode - 4

Leading Tacklers:

Michael Lewis - 9

Roy Williams - 8

Leading Sacks:

My DT's dominated their guards and Walker and Corey Simon each had 2 sacks.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #436
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is way off topic:

Pumpy, did you call the Jerry V show today? There was a guy on there that sounded sort of like you who called from Pennsylvania saying he had just moved there from New Orleans (he was listening to the webcast.) Quite the coincidence if it wasn't you.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #437
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

For the record, here are the stats from my last game (a 31-26 loss to San Diego):

SAN DIEGO
Drew Brees: 14-21 passing, 217 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
LaDainian Tomlinson: 30 rushes, 50 yards, 7 yard long (these numbers are the only ones that terribly concern me)
Keenan McCardell: 5 rec, 64 yards
Kassim Osgood: 4 rec, 85 yards
LaDainian Tomlinson: 2 rec, 43 yards
Antonio Gates: 2 rec, 18 yards (both touchdowns)
Justin Peelle: 1 rec, 7 yards

All of the CPU numbers except Tomlinson's rushing look fine to me.

DENVER
Jake Plummer: 31-52 passing, 333 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
Tatum Bell: 9 rushes, 24 yards, 12 yard long (I had to abandon the run, though)
Jake Plummer: 4 rushes, 21 yards
Maurice Clarett: 4 rushes, 6 yards
Ashley Lelie: 12 rec, 181 yards
Tatum Bell: 7 rec, 45 yards
Jerry Rice: 3 rec, 15 yards
Kyle Johnson: 2 rec, 25 yards
Rod Smith: 2 rec, 8 yards
Triandos Luke: 1 rec, 10 yards

All of my numbers looked fine except maybe Bell's rushing, but it could've just been a bad game. Obviously, nothing is forcing me to consider switching slider sets, but if I can just get the CPU's rushing numbers up, I'll feel really good. Clearly, the RB is getting a good amount of touches. The YPC just needs to go way up.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #438
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
This is way off topic:

Pumpy, did you call the Jerry V show today? There was a guy on there that sounded sort of like you who called from Pennsylvania saying he had just moved there from New Orleans (he was listening to the webcast.) Quite the coincidence if it wasn't you.

Nope, it wasn't me. That's really wild, though!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #439
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm gonna give the "zero sliders" a try for my next game against Kansas City. We'll see what Priest Holmes does to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #440
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I consider Bill Abner pretty close to my level of play in sports games.. at least he made NCAA 2004 next to perfect as far as gameplay goes and most of his beefs with games I can definitly relate to.

I just read this from his blog: http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Holy Cow Best Madden game EVER
I have been playing Madden since the start of the next-gen console craze. Yep, that's right, I never played a Madden football game prior to the PS2. OK..that was a lie. I had played some of the Madden PSX games over at a buddy's house back in college and thought the game was so terrible I never had ANY desire to buy it and play it on my own. This was back when there really was a PC/Console war going on.
PC people, for the most part, pointed to Front Page Sports Football as the essential football game while PSX gamers pointed to Madden (and later Gameday for a year or two). I never had a need for Madden in the 1990s because it was nowhewre near the kind of football agme I wanted to play and I had FPS, which I still contend was much the better game until the last two versions.
Anyway enough history. I've been playing this generation of Madden games for six vesions now. That's the point. Today I played, by far, the best game of Madden I have ever played against the CPU.
I beat the Ravens 19-15. It was one of those rare times when I play a game and sit back when it's over and think, "Wow, that was just a helluva lot of fun." The main reason was that this particular game had zero "bullshit" moments.
That's really what I ask out of my sports games -- if they can limit the moments where I say to myself, "That is total bullshit" then I'm usually a happy gamer. It's why NCAA frustrates me and why I hated Madden back in the PSX days. Too much bullshit.
The game I played tonight against the Ravens (as Cleveland) is the kind of game I could see actually happening. Dilfer was 15/24 171 yds and 2 INTs. Droughns and Suggs combined for about 105 yards. Boller was 15/22 208 with a TD and a last second INT that sealed a win for me. The Ravens were w/o Jamal Lewis and still managed around 90 yards rushing.
I took the lead with a 1:00 left and the Ravens marched down the field to my 20 yard line and with 5 ticks left Boller was picked. If a game makes my palms sweat...I consider that a job well done.
I'll post the sliders I am using when I get the chance (Ashley has the TV for now..)

The only thing I have to say after this is, "Tell Ashley it's time for bed and post those sliders!"
Old 08-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #441
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

but his comments on it says

Quote:
These Special Teams Sliders are under testing.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #442
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ok, I consider Bill Abner pretty close to my level of play in sports games.. at least he made NCAA 2004 next to perfect as far as gameplay goes and most of his beefs with games I can definitly relate to.

I just read this from his blog: http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/

The only thing I have to say after this is, "Tell Ashley it's time for bed and post those sliders!"

Despite my vow to not switch sliders anymore, I'm certainly interested in seeing what Bill comes up with. I share your opinion of his views on games. Usually, he is on the money.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #443
jbmagic
Pro Starter

hey guys thanks for all the help. i really respect your opinions on sports games.

i try Madden 2006 and ncaa 2006

but today i return my xbox at Target for a full refund.

and i am going to sell my Madden 2006 and NCAA 2006 on ebay.

i really like Maddne 2006 more and i am going to get Madden 2006 on the pc for 29.99 at Fry's or Best Buy. Usually they will have it on sale the first week or 2nd week its been release.

i enjoy playing the games more on the PC. i have MVP 2005 on the pc too and previous madden.

but going to revisit the new Xbox when it comes out for the holidays.

Good Luck with the sliders.

Last edited by jbmagic : 08-17-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #444
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hey guys thanks for all the help. i really respect your opinions on sports games.

i try Madden 2006 and ncaa 2006

but today i return my xbox at Target for a full refund.

and i am going to sell my Madden 2006 and NCAA 2006 on ebay.

i really like Maddne 2006 more and i am going to get Madden 2006 on the pc for 29.99 at Fry's or Best Buy. Usually they will have it on sale the first week or 2nd week its been release.

i enjoy playing the games more on the PC. i have MVP 2005 on the pc too and previous madden.

but going to revisit the new Xbox when it comes out for the holidays.

Good Luck with the sliders.

Have you been drinking tonight?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #445
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

NCAA has been great and all I need is a good slider set for Madden and I'll be set for the football season.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 PM   #446
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Have you been drinking tonight?

He mentioned in the Xbox 360 pricing thread that he was selling his xbox and xbox games so he will have money to buy the Xbox 360 in November, or at least, that is what I think he said.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #447
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He mentioned in the Xbox 360 pricing thread that he was selling his xbox and xbox games so he will have money to buy the Xbox 360 in November, or at least, that is what I think he said.

Crazy kid.

Now on to Bill's sliders!!

Thanks Bill...

Quote:
Back to Back Classics + Sliders

Well, that was another classic game and I'm really, really having a lot of fun with Madden now.

Browns 16
Lions 13

Dawson nails a last second 38 yd FG to win it. Has anyone seen the last second game winning FG heart beat thing? Is this new? Maybe I just haven't had a last second kick like that before but it was very different than your average FG attempt..

Harrington started out 8/9 but finished 12/24 and ol' Dilfer put in his standard 13/25 1 INT performance, missing a WIDE FRIGGIN OPEN Braylon Edwards in the end zone. Kevin Jones had 26 carries for 154 yards, but my defense was a bend but don't break group tonight in the rain. It rained for the first half but was sunny the 2nd, which I thought was cool but the rain stayed on the field as I splashed my way through the 2nd half.

Thr Browns move to 4-2! I have won some nail biters, though. In truth the Lions had me, but Hanson shanked a 41 yarder late in the 4th and twice had 1st and goal and kicked FGs. I'll take it though. I did lose OLB Peter Boulware for the season, though, which is going to hurt. I fudged and signed him in the preseason because well, I wanted to. So much for that plan.

Here's my franchise set up:

All 32 teams set to human controlled. I then go into every coach profile and set CPU assist to ON for everything but the Draft. The draft AI is ass, so I'll do that manually. I love the draft so this is totally fine with me. I also check each week if someone (on a CPU team) has a season ending injury, if so, I slap em on the IR because the AI won't do it.

This is important. Really important. Before each game I go into the coach profile of the team I am about to play and change the run/pass ratio and the conservative/aggressive bar. I make it about 70 to 80% conservative so that the CPU doesnt chuck the ball 50 yards downfield all the time. This makes for a very good short to medium CPU pass game, which I love. The CPU WILL go deep, but not so much that it'll complete 35% of its passes as result. I also usually slide the run ratio to about 65%. I did this after testing out the Browns/Colts matchup about 5 times and each time Edge got about 10 carries. This fixes that.

12 Minutes
Accel Clock ON
SUBS: 85% out/90% in
Defense Pass Assist OFF (important)
All Pro Lvl

Sliders:

Human Off:
QB Acc: 7
Pass Bl: 8
Catch: 10
Running: 10
Run Bl: 9

Human Def:
AWR: 2
KND: 0
INT: 2
Break Bl: 18
Tackle: 6

Human ST:
FGA: 8
Punt Length: 8
Punt Acc: 8
All others 10

CPU Off:
QB Acc: 20
Pass Bl: 7
Catch: 10
Running: 10
Run Bl: 11

CPU Def:
AWR: 11
KND: 0
INT: 3
Break Bl: 11
Tackle: 5

CPU ST:
FGA: 8
Punt Acc: 9
All others 10

A few notes. When passing, I ALWAYS use Precision Passing by using that right analog stick. For every single pass. This seesm to do two things.

1) I rarely see the Matrix style DB jumps that result in pass break ups. Maybe 2 per game. If you lead that receiver, this is no longer an issue.

2) It also makes passing a bit tougher, esp. on long routes. When I missed Edwards in the end zone? It was on a post/flag and I used the right stick to lead him but overthrew him by 5 yards. If you just press the pass button QB Accuracy is too high AND you bring back those dumb ass DB jumps.

Anyway, I hope these provide some good results for you guys because I'm really having the most fun I have ever had with Madden right now, poor kick return game and all.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #448
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Exactly

i rather get the new xbox during the holiday

and i had time to return the xbox for a full refund still.

i will get Madden 2006 for the pc and sell my only two games i had on xbox NCAA and Madden 2006.

i dont drink during the week, only on weekends
Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM   #449
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Interesting, I'm surprised that his break block for the human is so high and that the CPU is mounting a good run attack against him. In any case, I'll probably stick with the "zero" slider set for now, but I'll be interested in hearing how these play for you Todd.

Edit to add:

I'm surprised that he finds it necessary to edit all of the CPU profiles as well. Right now, teams that throw short in real life seem to be doing so in the game for me without any editing.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-17-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:57 PM   #450
chinaski
College Prospect

I really dont like the game that much, ive played every Madden in existence (far as i know) and its just doesnt do it for me. Too much time wasted on hokey gimmics (Superstar & QB Cone). Superstar is barely neat, and just for the 1st season; then it just becomes tedious. QB Cone is a JOKE... how do they think you can hold a trigger, then select the receiver & then throw to him? To top it off, you cant even select another receiver if youre doing PA, you have to wait until after the fake handoff animation is done. - impossible.

Take away Cone and SuperStar, and I dont see any improvements THAT huge since 2004. For a company with an exclusive license and more money than any developer can imagine, its just another polished turd for the football season. I do admit, im highly critical of EA. I feel they just have way too many resources and cash to ever put out a Madden that isnt close to perfect. Madden STILL says the same lines from 3 years ago! Thats just unexcusable. I just dont see myself working there and saying "Ya know, we should never change Maddens commentary!"
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote