Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Are you getting Return to Ostegar DLC for new play through? Thinking of picking that up tonight.

Didn't know it was out. Got all of the DLC that was available before I started my 2nd play through, but that wasn't available yet. Yes, I'll pick that up before I play it again, but thanks to Blackadar informing me that most of the restoration mod is out for KOTOR 2, that is getting most of my PT for the next few days/weeks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #352
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
Just came across this.

hxxp://social.bioware.com/project/463/#details
Camp storage chest. wOOt!

Just killed the High Dragon last night 1st try. (difficult setting)
I guess all those years playing WOW were not wasted after all.

Thanks. I have got to get back into this. The backpack thing slowed me along with the holidays and the new wii.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #353
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Galaril, backpacks are also sold by several merchants in the game. Each one you buy increases the amount of items you can carry by 10 - but they get more and more expensive. I usually buy the one from the quartermaster in Ostagar - it's pretty cheap.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #354
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I was able to kill the dragon on my first try, but only because the dragon flew on to a rock, killed 3 of my party members, but my rouge happened to be standing somewhere the dragon wouldn't attack. Felt pretty cheap, but I really wanted the dragon scale armor for Stem.

Spoiler

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #355
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Didn't know it was out. Got all of the DLC that was available before I started my 2nd play through, but that wasn't available yet. Yes, I'll pick that up before I play it again, but thanks to Blackadar informing me that most of the restoration mod is out for KOTOR 2, that is getting most of my PT for the next few days/weeks.

Bah, it was scheduled for release today but today BioWare announced the release of Return to Ostagar has been delayed.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #356
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The wife ordered this for me for Valentine's Day but I'm dying to get it after reading through this thread. I'm getting the 360 version, now to just pry it out of her hands before Feb. 14'th...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #357
fflix
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

Is the Kotor 2 mod the Team Gizka one or a different one?
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #358
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix View Post
Is the Kotor 2 mod the Team Gizka one or a different one?

It's a different one. Blackadar posted the link in a different thread, but here it is:

Deadly Forums - Welcome to Deadly Forums
Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #359
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The wife ordered this for me for Valentine's Day but I'm dying to get it after reading through this thread. I'm getting the 360 version, now to just pry it out of her hands before Feb. 14'th...

360 version is a mistake get it for the PC you will thank yourself later.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #360
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I was breezing through this game and then when I hit the end part of the Urn of Ashes quest I'm absolutely getting my ass kicked. I've even gone back to camp a couple of times and tried different combinations (3 tanks and my mage, 2 mages a tank and a rogue, 2 healers and 2 tanks) and I'm not even close.

Spoiler
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In my opinion, having Wynne or another healer spec'ed mage is key to that battle and some of the other more difficult battles. The Group heal and battle resurrection spells are very helpful.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #362
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have Wynne and my mage has some healing powers but neither has those spells yet. So I should probably go back and do some side quests to level up a few more times before attempting these then?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #363
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
360 version is a mistake get it for the PC you will thank yourself later.

It's still a great game on 360.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I have Wynne and my mage has some healing powers but neither has those spells yet. So I should probably go back and do some side quests to level up a few more times before attempting these then?

I would. Level 10 is a bit low for that area.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #365
Radii
Head Coach

some info on my approaches

Spoiler
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #366
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cool, thanks for the tips guys. Sounds like I need my mages to be a lot better before attempting these. It's just funny because nothing in the game has given me much problem up to this point and then BAM...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #367
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Galaril, backpacks are also sold by several merchants in the game. Each one you buy increases the amount of items you can carry by 10 - but they get more and more expensive. I usually buy the one from the quartermaster in Ostagar - it's pretty cheap.

Actually you can buy 2 backpacks with the quartermaster in Ostagar, one before going to the wilds and one after.

Both being extremely cheap it's really worth it.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #368
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So, I am in the midst of the Final Battle. I just started it really, so don't read unless you've gotten that far...

Spoiler
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #369
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu View Post
Actually you can buy 2 backpacks with the quartermaster in Ostagar, one before going to the wilds and one after.

Both being extremely cheap it's really worth it.

Yeah, I did this. Have 90 slots was definitely worth it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #370
Drake
assmaster

FYI: I picked up Return to Ostagar this weekend. It's not the same caliber DLC as Warden's Keep, but worth the $5, I thought. Some decent equipment (including Duncan's weapns and Cailan's armor) and some nice opening story closure. Plus, it was just fun returning to Ostagar. :shurg:

Now if they'd just do a DLC that completely obliterated the Brecelian Forest and/or made the whole elf recruitment bit worth a piss, I'd be happy. I really enjoyed the depth of the Redcliffe, Orzammar and Circle Tower phases, but the elf part just feels annoying and tacked on to me.

Edit: I should add that I haven't played as an elf, so that might impact my views.

Last edited by Drake : 02-01-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #371
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
FYI: I picked up Return to Ostagar this weekend. It's not the same caliber DLC as Warden's Keep, but worth the $5, I thought. Some decent equipment (including Duncan's weapns and Cailan's armor) and some nice opening story closure. Plus, it was just fun returning to Ostagar. :shurg:

Now if they'd just do a DLC that completely obliterated the Brecelian Forest and/or made the whole elf recruitment bit worth a piss, I'd be happy. I really enjoyed the depth of the Redcliffe, Orzammar and Circle Tower phases, but the elf part just feels annoying and tacked on to me.

Edit: I should add that I haven't played as an elf, so that might impact my views.

I liked the Warden's Keep DLC. The Shale DLC was a bit more "meh". I considered picking up "Return To Ostagar", but I was pretty close to the end, so I skipped it.

While the elf bit was probably the weakest recruitment storyline, I kind of liked the whole backstory of the curse and all that. Not as good or interesting as the others, but not horrible either.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #372
Drake
assmaster

I think your assessment is dead on. The storyline with the elves is excellent. It just feels light on the execution, especially compared to the richness of the other recruitment quests.

It feels more like knocking out a long side quest rather than an integral piece of the plot. Just sort of a shame.

On another note: has anyone else played around with Winter Forge add-on? It can seriously (SERIOUSLY) unbalance the game if you're not disciplined with it, but I've really enjoyed the whole customizing/colorizing/crafting piece it brings to the table. That was one of my favorite parts of NWN, too.

Link for those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://social.bioware.com/project/672/

Last edited by Drake : 02-01-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #373
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So, I am in the midst of the Final Battle. I just started it really, so don't read unless you've gotten that far...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Have fun.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #374
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I liked the Warden's Keep DLC. The Shale DLC was a bit more "meh". I considered picking up "Return To Ostagar", but I was pretty close to the end, so I skipped it.

Shale is my favorite mainly cause the character is extremely funny, Warden's Keep was nice, I found "Return to Ostagar" to be lame and don't fit well at all when starting a new game (e.g: if you play it just after doing lothering, which i did, it's completely stupid. I guess it's more interesting after alistair's revelation).
Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #375
Drake
assmaster

That's a good point. I'm about midway through my second play, so it fit nicely into my arc. Would have been an awkward fit earlier on.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #376
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu View Post
Shale is my favorite mainly cause the character is extremely funny, Warden's Keep was nice, I found "Return to Ostagar" to be lame and don't fit well at all when starting a new game (e.g: if you play it just after doing lothering, which i did, it's completely stupid. I guess it's more interesting after alistair's revelation).

I liked Shale, too, though I never really used him all that much. I hear he's pretty powerful, so perhaps I should have.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #377
Drake
assmaster

I also thought Shale's Companion quest was the best of them all. A fun character that I seriously under-utilized during my first play through.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #378
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I did this. Have 90 slots was definitely worth it.

I download and installed the mod for a Chest but I have not seen it yet?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #379
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So, I finally finished the game off last night...

Spoiler
Old 02-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #380
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So I was breezing through this game and then when I hit the end part of the Urn of Ashes quest I'm absolutely getting my ass kicked. I've even gone back to camp a couple of times and tried different combinations (3 tanks and my mage, 2 mages a tank and a rogue, 2 healers and 2 tanks) and I'm not even close.

Spoiler

Spoiler
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #381
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just checked my last saved game and apparently I played this game for 82 hours. Yeah, I feel like I got my money's worth.

I could totally see myself playing it again somewhere down the line.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #382
Edward64
Head Coach

Fry's has it advertised for $29 bucks. Got some left over BB credit, thinking about asking them to price match and play the game some.

I know I won't have the bandwidth to finish the game (funny how getting older w/kids do that to you) but would enjoy seeing how Bioware has evolved since the days of Baldur's Gate.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #383
Edward64
Head Coach

Woo hoo. Got BB to pricematch the Fry's $29 and bought it. Have it installed on my Dell Inspiron with E5200 chip and old X1600 card. Its playing good enough for me.

Haven't gotten far, just killed a couple wolves and found bow/elfroot. Whats the deal with the blood on my face ... a little too overdone.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #384
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

yeah the blood is a bit too much, and you have it every time
Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #385
sabotai
General Manager

You can turn that off.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #386
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I just borrowed this from a buddy been playing through, but am running into trouble at

Spoiler
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 AM   #387
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I just borrowed this from a buddy been playing through, but am running into trouble at

Spoiler

You need to use the pause and give individual orders routine. Use the command to keep your party in place to start some of these fights too, so they don't chase someone ahead and "aggro" the next group before you need to fight them.

You can only give one order at a time, can't queue them up. Unless you are talking about the tactics, but I haven't used them as I have had better success micro-managing with a lot of pausing.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #388
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Well configured tactics are great, by default you should at least have those ones :

- Use lesser health poultice when health is below 25% (level can be changed depending on the kind of monster you face)
- Attack the same target as the main character

Eventually have the tank or an archer attack another character but usually it's better if everyone attacks the same character

Oh and the cardinal rule in Dragon Age :

KILL THE MAGES FIRST
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #389
Edward64
Head Coach

Playing an elf. Am leaving camp with the gray warden and saving to watch the SB.

My impressions is its pretty cool, alot of dialog. Pretty immersive so far. My son was watching as I played. Can anyone tell me, other than for the fighting, how far along before the M rating shows up?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #390
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Playing an elf. Am leaving camp with the gray warden and saving to watch the SB.

My impressions is its pretty cool, alot of dialog. Pretty immersive so far. My son was watching as I played. Can anyone tell me, other than for the fighting, how far along before the M rating shows up?

I don't recall M rated content outside of the excessive blood unless you decide to sleep with one of your companions and even those scenes are pretty tame compared to an R rated movie.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #391
Edward64
Head Coach

After searching for mods that would remove/tone down the M content (e.g. brothel), I only found more M content.

Going to buy Neverwinter Nights 2 for the son instead. Oh well.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #392
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, talk about emotional. I'm still at a very early stage, but both of these events killed me:

Spoiler
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #393
bhlloy
Coordinator

Spoiler
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #394
SportsDino
College Prospect

Spoiler
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #395
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Spoiler
Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #396
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Spoiler
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #397
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Re: Dubb's post

Spoiler
Old 02-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #398
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The final battle

Spoiler
Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #399
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I just finished and I have to say I loved this game. It was really my first type of game like this as far as party style rpg.

Oblivion has been one of my favorite games for a long time but I am so much more impressed with this one, mostly because of the story aspect. I love the different angles and the choices you have to make. I don't know if that is standard for these types of games or not but it really worked for me here.

It is amazing to think too, that I can go back and play this again multiple times and have different stories. The main parts will be the same but with the different origins, and just the different paths you can take when you have to make a choice one way or another- I really want to go back and try different things.

Also, I really like how the choices you make have real consequences; they aren't just decision that never come up in the game again with the world never being really changed like in most other games.

I'm really impressed. Does anyone know if Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 are pretty similar? I realize a lot of the mechanics may differ, but are the Mass Effect games similar in how they go about the story?
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #400
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
I'm really impressed. Does anyone know if Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 are pretty similar? I realize a lot of the mechanics may differ, but are the Mass Effect games similar in how they go about the story?

I just jumped from Dragon's Age to Mass Effect (the first one). The mechanics do differ, especially combat, but, yes, the way they go about the story seems very much the same.

I am enjoying "Mass Effect", though not as much as I did Dragon Age at this point. I think it primarily has to do with the fact that I don't quite understand all the powers/abilities in Mass Effect (whereas I found the spells and abilities pretty straight forward in Dragon Age) and I don't like the combat system as much. I prefer the more tactical, top-down view - pausing every few seconds - type of combat I used in Dragon Age. I am not great a shooters, first person or third, so I struggle a bit more and I have no idea how to use my squad in Mass Effect. They end up just getting killed or being in the way more often than not.