Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #351
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by remper View Post
Isn't batting the ball DOWN cornerbacking 101? Bat it down!

You jump 4 feet in the air, falling backwards and bat something over your head "down".
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #352
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Cincinnati did everything right, played exactly as they needed to and the dice gods fucked them.

Better to be Lucky than good Denver.

I disagree. This game was the nineties in microcosm. They sucked, but managed to do just enough to get my hopes up for the future, then they crushed my spirit.

Been that way since Paul Brown died.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #353
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Meanwhile, who flipped Joe Flacco's switch? Career high 307 yds passing and 3 TD's (also a career best).

[Black and Gold glasses on]

Was waiting for someone to mention this...but it was against KC.
Most fans would struggle to name 1/2 their starting D, and that includes 3 gimmes in recent top 10 picks.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #354
kingfc22
Head Coach

Let's go Niners!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #355
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I disagree. This game was the nineties in microcosm. They sucked, but managed to do just enough to get my hopes up for the future, then they crushed my spirit.

Been that way since Paul Brown died.

The offense sucked unti it was crunch time, the defense was excellent, playing far better than pretty much anyone expected. They did was they had to do for 59:30 and then a random tip drill ruined the day.

The Offense will come around, the Def is solid. This is anything but a 90's team, a lot more like the mid-80's teams that were tough and played everyone close.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #356
MikeVic
Head Coach

Did something happen to Colston? How bad was Anthony Gonzalez's injury?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #357
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Let's go Niners!

Not a bad start.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #358
RendeR
Coordinator

Is it just me or did the Lion's receivers just quit altogether on Stafford on that drive? Gator hands on the sideline then no effort at all on the interception.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #359
Schmidty
Coordinator

I hate Stafford already. He sucks.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #360
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
[Black and Gold glasses on]

Was waiting for someone to mention this...but it was against KC.
Most fans would struggle to name 1/2 their starting D, and that includes 3 gimmes in recent top 10 picks.
The Chiefs D didn't play badly, they were just on the field for 40 minutes. But Baltimore came out throwing the ball all day long -- looked like it was their game plan to establish the pass.

Flacco threw the ball 43 times. That's unreal for Baltimore. I really got the sense that Baltimore felt they were going to win this game and wanted to get Flacco a big game and try to build some confidence. Watching the game, I got the same sense I got from Flacco last year -- he's a a great talent but he's not there yet. A more established defense would have picked him off three times at least. And we got ZERO pressure on him -- one freakin' sack, which would actually put us on pace to improve our pass rush 60% over last year.

Without the punt block for TD and Derrick Johnson's pick, this would have been a massive blowout.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #361
whomario
Pro Starter

Brees with 6 TDs and no one is surprised first one since brady 2 years ago, 1 more for tying the record

Last edited by whomario : 09-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #362
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The Niners with two embarrassing run plays on that first drive
Old 09-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #363
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Brees with 6 TDs and no one is surprised first one since brady 2 years ago, 1 more for tying the record

Yeah.

What an accomplishment. Wow, he's great. He shredded that great defensive backfield of Detroit. It took my breath away.

Congratulations to him.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #364
kcchief19
Pro Starter

In one of my fantasy leagues I have had the misfortune of going against Drew Brees and his 6 TDs and the Eagles D/ST and their SEVEN turnovers and TD. Oh, and he also had AP go for a ho-hum 180 and 3 TDs.

I'm currently down by 154-22.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #365
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I hate Stafford already. He sucks.

Wow, I thought he looked pretty decent for a rookie myself. Detroit put up 27 points. This would have been your best game last season. I think things are looking up for the Lions.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #366
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Yeah.

What an accomplishment. Wow, he's great. He shredded that great defensive backfield of Detroit. It took my breath away.

Congratulations to him.

You are awfully snippy over a team you should have known would still be bad before they can get better.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #367
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
In one of my fantasy leagues I have had the misfortune of going against Drew Brees and his 6 TDs and the Eagles D/ST and their SEVEN turnovers and TD. Oh, and he also had AP go for a ho-hum 180 and 3 TDs.

I'm currently down by 154-22.

Yea, I have well over 100 points right now, but went up against AP and the Eagles defense, so I am still losing by a decent amount.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #368
RendeR
Coordinator

You have read schmidty's posts before...right?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #369
whomario
Pro Starter

whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #370
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
The Chiefs D didn't play badly, they were just on the field for 40 minutes. But Baltimore came out throwing the ball all day long -- looked like it was their game plan to establish the pass.

Flacco threw the ball 43 times. That's unreal for Baltimore. I really got the sense that Baltimore felt they were going to win this game and wanted to get Flacco a big game and try to build some confidence. Watching the game, I got the same sense I got from Flacco last year -- he's a a great talent but he's not there yet. A more established defense would have picked him off three times at least. And we got ZERO pressure on him -- one freakin' sack, which would actually put us on pace to improve our pass rush 60% over last year.

Without the punt block for TD and Derrick Johnson's pick, this would have been a massive blowout.

That was sort of my point. Yeah he had 3 TDs and broke 300 yards, but...
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #371
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Didn't Favre throw 6 against the Cardinals last year?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #372
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
You have read schmidty's posts before...right?

Yea, didn't say I was surprised he was, just pointing out the obvious.

Stafford looked good for a 21 year old QB starting the first game of his rookie year for a team that was 0-16 the previous year.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #373
MikeVic
Head Coach

lol, nice missed tackle by DeAngelo Hall.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #374
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

When Mario "5 out of 50 on the Wonderlic" Manningham clowns you like that on a long play, your defense is not that good.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #375
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

McNabb has been diagnosed with broken ribs. I'm just glad that it doesn't appear to have been a knee injury.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #376
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
The Niners with two embarrassing run plays on that first drive

So far offense = F
Defense = A-
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #377
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Yea, didn't say I was surprised he was, just pointing out the obvious.

Stafford looked good for a 21 year old QB starting the first game of his rookie year for a team that was 0-16 the previous year.

I watched the whole game (hence my grumpiness), and I saw maybe 3-4 significant passes (other that short yarders). Other than that, I saw Calvin turn a meh pass into a 64 yarder that should have been a TD, and I saw 3 terrible INTs and a bazillion overthrown passes and skippers.

I've made it known that I didn't want him anyway, and this just reinforces that fact.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #378
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This just in. Jason Campbell= Jonathan Crompton with a paycheck

edit: He scrambles, has a complete brainfart, throws a forward pass when he's five yards past the LOS... and has it intercepted.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 09-13-2009 at 04:10 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #379
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The offense sucked unti it was crunch time, the defense was excellent, playing far better than pretty much anyone expected. They did was they had to do for 59:30 and then a random tip drill ruined the day.

The Offense will come around, the Def is solid. This is anything but a 90's team, a lot more like the mid-80's teams that were tough and played everyone close.

The offense has been bad for 2+ seasons now. They aren't going to be in the top half by the end of the year and the way Collins and Benson block Palmer won't play all sixteen. The defense looked good, but this team won't win eight games.

I understand the hope that they'll be better this year, God how I understand, but this is a game they have to win and they couldn't, not because of a fluke play, but because the offense is terrible. Just wait until they play a good team.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #380
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Well, that sucked. But at least the Fins didn't get steamrolled. The defense played pretty good. They were starting some nice drives when they ahd the costly turnovers. If they can take care of the ball, they will be all right.

But what REALLY burns me is that the Fins didn't go for two when they scored the TD down 19-0. I love Tony Sparano for what he did last year, but someone please fucking help the guy with his math. 8+8+3 = 19

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 09-13-2009 at 04:19 PM.
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I know it's only part of 1 game, but I'm starting to see why the Redskins were trying to replace Campbell.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #382
TroyF
Coordinator

It's funny listening to you RenderR. Lucky than good? That really explains both teams. Both teams suck. Both teams were lucky to be playing the other team or they'd have been destroyed.

Cincy had 24 yards total offense on their first 4 possessions of the second half. Denver begged them to take the game and they couldn't do it. It was a lucky, fluke play that allowed Denver to win the game. Neither team needs to worry about setting up playoff plans. Both team suck hard.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #383
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, anyone getting the SF-ARI game, what the hell is going on with Fitzgerald? No catches yet? Is he playing?

I have him on two different fantasy teams, and am facing him in a third, so seeing nothing from him is weird.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #384
kingfc22
Head Coach

He's playing. Niners defense has been shutting down the Cards and vice versa.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #385
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I know it's only part of 1 game, but I'm starting to see why the Redskins were trying to replace Campbell.

+1 He is very painful to watch.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #386
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, anyone getting the SF-ARI game, what the hell is going on with Fitzgerald? No catches yet? Is he playing?

I have him on two different fantasy teams, and am facing him in a third, so seeing nothing from him is weird.

He had something like a 20-30 yard catch, but it was called back because the guy covering him tripped and they called him for OPI.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #387
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone who watched the Dolphins game: Did Pat White get to play much? How did he look, if so?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #388
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
really?

Seems like a risky pick considering some of the other games out there.

Yeah, I rolled the dice and gambled. Incorrectly unfortunately. Most everyone else had either New Orleans or Baltimore. I was hoping for an upset in one of those games and that I would still have all the top tier teams left to pick from this season.

Sucks too as usually I try to go with a game I feel better about but this season I tried to overthink things.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #389
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
McNabb has been diagnosed with broken ribs. I'm just glad that it doesn't appear to have been a knee injury.

To be honest I actually thought it was going to be a back injury (before I heard it announced as ribs). The way he started pulling his legs up towards his chest initially looked like someone trying to stretch out a back injury.

Does this mean Kolb next week? Crap!!! If it could have at least been a week later I woud feel a little better with Vick than with Kolb. Can they just admit that the Kolb experiment failed?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
To be honest I actually thought it was going to be a back injury (before I heard it announced as ribs). The way he started pulling his legs up towards his chest initially looked like someone trying to stretch out a back injury.

Does this mean Kolb next week? Crap!!! If it could have at least been a week later I woud feel a little better with Vick than with Kolb. Can they just admit that the Kolb experiment failed?

I'm hoping he can play through the injury. I'm sure it will be painful, but he should be able to play through it.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #391
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Anyone who watched the Dolphins game: Did Pat White get to play much? How did he look, if so?

He got in on two snaps. He got stopped for no gain on a designed run, and he overthrew Ted Ginn who had beat two Falcons defenders deep.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #392
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Call me crazy but one of the best things that I liked from the Eagles game today was the team's attitude. With time winding down and the Panthers taking a time out with 4th and goal at the one McDermott sends the 1st team back into the game and basically tells them to keep them out of the end zone which they do.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #393
Logan
Head Coach

TD Fitz.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #394
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did the city of San Francisco place a ban on offense.

First the Giants and now the Niners.

Ugh!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #395
MikeVic
Head Coach

So is Delhomme done? If you take his last two starts, that's very very brutal.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #396
RainRaven
High School JV

Glad the Ravens won today. I was lucky enough to be at the game. Flacco did have a decent day, some of his throws kept being high hopefully he will fix that next week. No sense getting receivers killed like Boller used to.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #397
kingfc22
Head Coach

Look at that. The Niners start to throw the ball on 1st and 2nd down and the chains start to move. Coincidence, I think not.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #398
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Look at that. The Niners start to throw the ball on 1st and 2nd down and the chains start to move. Coincidence, I think not.

It’s still not pretty but if we can get a W today i take it.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #399
kingfc22
Head Coach

Big stop.

I hope we continue the short passing game on this next drive.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #400
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Dude, Singletary thinks its 1899, and the forward pass is illegal.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 09-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote