Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #351
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I MEANT HCIC DAMMIT

Edit: WHY DO I COME DOWN HERE

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 02-29-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #352
korme
Go Reds

Head C. In Charge?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #353
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

When in doubt, C = Cock. Head Cock In Charge. Settled.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #354
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Clarification of a few things:

1. This was a unilateral decision by me. If you're mad at someone, don't blame the group. Be mad at me.

2. While the great majority of decisions are available for group input, I do take action on my own at times. (All formally-reported posts are posted in the mod forum, and deciding to take no action on the bulk of those is the thing we do much more often than anything else. )

3. The final decision on moderation decisions always rests with me, although sometimes the mods do stuff that I wouldn't do myself. Still, even in those cases, if I wanted to stop it, I could. So again. Don't blame the group. Be mad at me.

Very few have changed their FOFC user settings for these things, so I am pretty sure the default setting of 'SkyDog is to blame for _____' is currently enabled for most people here.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #355
korme
Go Reds

If the answer is no, can I change your mind?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #356
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

CANADIAN, YOU FUCKERS
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #357
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
If the answer is no, can I change your mind?

What cards do you have left?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #358
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ah geez.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #359
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
What cards do you have left?

I have this, think it'll help?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #360
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm going to produce a press conference for SkyDog so he won't have to go any further now that he's claimed responsibility.

The reporters have assembled, the cameras are whirring, and SkyDog is at the podium.

"I have an opening statement. I'm here to talk to you about the recent action against the notorious and dangerous troll Phalid. I understand the pain that the friends and admirers of banned posters feel. I have to deal with them every day, see the pain in their posts. But if we don't ban, then the trolls win. The decision to ban was mine, and I take responsibility for it. To those who say I should stop banning, or who are waiting for me to lift the ban, they are living in false hopes. Now to your questions"

But what about those that say the trolls are really in other threads, such as the parody threads? That banning Phalid in the "It Hurts When I Pee" thread is a diversion of our moderating resources from the places where we really need them?

"The connection between "It Hurts When I Pee" and other troll threads were very clearly demonstrated by Secretary Subby and Board Security Advisor Condoleeza Lathum. There was clear evidence of an intent to troll, even if the actual trolling was pretty lame in practice. There was a definite trolliness to Phalid, everyone could see it. I mean, just look at that screen name? Phalid-- what the hell? And our resources are not misplaced -- We fight the trolls in IHWIP so that we don't have to fight them in our other threads."

But there are credible reports that Phalid was not trolling, that he was actually reporting a true event and soliciting advice, in much the same humorous way other posters would.

"I have seen these reports, but you have to understand -- being moderator is hard. It's hard work. Some days I wonder why I ever wanted to be a moderator, but I have a firm resolve to see the job done. I think posters want me to do what I feel is right. Even if I'm wrong, so long as I feel I am right, that's what's important."

There are many who believe there is too much moderation going on in that thread, that we should bring most, or maybe all of our moderators home. How do you answer these people?

"I understand people have different opinions, but you have to understand, too, that people are stupid. I have to deal with stupid people every day -- believe me. You wouldn't believe how many ignoramuses argue with me about stuff. It's crazy, when it's so obvious that I am right."

Rather than putting an end to the trolling, it seems as if banning Phalid has increased trolling in IHWIP. How do you plan to deal with this situation as it threatens to spiral out of control?

"I have consulted my team of experts and we have devised a plan to increase moderation by 30% over a period of months. We will have a "surge" of moderators, and their efforts will make it possible for us to bring the IHWIP thread back into a kind of political stability. Once that happens, you will see far less trolling there -- maybe a post or two a day. The benefit to us will be enormous."

What if the surge doesn't work?

"What are you, a dumbass? I just told you it would work."

How long do you foresee the banning of Phalid to be in effect?

"I can't predict the future, a hundred years? Maybe a thousand? We'll ban Phalid for as long as it takes. If we don't keep banning, the trolls win. Do you want trolls in your "Literary Draft" threads? Do you want to see trolls blowing up threads in the FOF forum? You have to understand the very real threats that we face. I don't know why you don't understand that, except, as I say, people are stupid."

But there are people who remind us that Hell Atlantic is still out there, unbanned. We know where he is, yet instead of using resources to ban him, we are putting them all into IHWIP.

"We'll ban Hell Atlantic when the time and opportunity are right. We already have him on the run. There's no hole deep enough for him to hide in. I'm not worried at all about Hell Atlantic. I don't even think about him. Thank you for your time."

**with apologies to Lathum, Subby, and Hell Atlantic for the satire. Skydog deserves it.

Last edited by Sidhe : 02-29-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: to add the neat itallics..
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #361
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Make sure you have this guy hold the press conference...

Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #362
korme
Go Reds

It's basically sending the message to any lurker that it's safer to not post than to be sorry
Old 02-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #363
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Make sure you have this guy hold the press conference...

Heh, well he would be Phalid's press secretary.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #364
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't get it!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #365
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I have this, think it'll help?

I'm pretty sure that might be what got this thread started in the first place.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #366
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Sidhe, that post was great
Old 02-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #367
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Sidhe, that post was great

+1

that was awesome
Old 02-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #368
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Thank you. I'm rarely moved to post, but the satire possibilities were so obvious there I couldn't resist. Although the limericks almost got me..
Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #369
SnowMan
High School Varsity

I support this thread.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #370
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
It's basically sending the message to any lurker that it's safer to not post than to be sorry

Yeah any lurker or new user has to fucking walk on egg shells now, since precedence has been set.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #371
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Yeah any lurker or new user has to fucking walk on egg shells now, since precedence has been set.

Welcome to Hollywood!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #372
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Why does it hurt when I pee? My balls feel like a pair of maracas. Welcome to Hollywood.

Wait a second... why is this guy still around?!!!!?

Last edited by Lorena : 02-29-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #373
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Wait a second... why is this guy still around?!!!!?

Quote:
Why does it hurt when I pee?

st.cronin, do you want to tell us something?

Last edited by MikeVic : 02-29-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: link not necessary.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Why the hell am I Condeleeza?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- but good stuff
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #376
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Why does it hurt when I pee?

Really man. You should've made this thread here a long time ago.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #377
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

If "fucking walk on egg shells" is equal to not talking about painful urination or pulling dried bits of smelly chunks out of their belly button, then the terrorists have already won.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #378
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why the hell am I Condeleeza?

LOL, I had to pick somebody! No harm intended.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #379
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think the safe bet for any n00b would be to simply quote others and add "+1" for their first 100 posts.

Actually, we don't really have any idea what the safe limit is, do we? Perha[s we need SkyDork to sticky a chart showing the safe thresholds for various topics. Here is a sample template:

0-100 posts: May only discuss sports, and may not use sarcasm lest it be misconstrued.
101-200 posts: May now use limited sarcasm, and can extend topics to include video games and business. Politics and Religion are still off limit.
201-1000 posts: Full use of sarcasm is now available. Politics and Religion may be discussed to the extent that you don't have an adverse opinion to SkyDork. Threads involving sexual themes and or bodily fluids may be engaged, but not created.
>1000 posts: You may now do and say pretty much anything within the stickied posting guidelines. You can discuss fucking a sandwich, a sock, or how long your penis is as related by past girlfriends. You can start monthly threads devoted to 1-sided misinformation campaigns. You can virtually facial other members with syrup-pee. The board is your high-school girlfriend, and you may now dry hump her passionately.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #380
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post

Just wanted to give it the proper recognition. I would like to follow this sentence with proper LOL.

LOL!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #381
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

shit.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #382
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the safe bet for any n00b would be to simply quote others and add "+1" for their first 100 posts.

Actually, we don't really have any idea what the safe limit is, do we? Perha[s we need SkyDork to sticky a chart showing the safe thresholds for various topics. Here is a sample template:

0-100 posts: May only discuss sports, and may not use sarcasm lest it be misconstrued.
101-200 posts: May now use limited sarcasm, and can extend topics to include video games and business. Politics and Religion are still off limit.
201-1000 posts: Full use of sarcasm is now available. Politics and Religion may be discussed to the extent that you don't have an adverse opinion to SkyDork. Threads involving sexual themes and or bodily fluids may be engaged, but not created.
>1000 posts: You may now do and say pretty much anything within the stickied posting guidelines. You can discuss fucking a sandwich, a sock, or how long your penis is as related by past girlfriends. You can start monthly threads devoted to 1-sided misinformation campaigns. You can virtually facial other members with syrup-pee. The board is your high-school girlfriend, and you may now dry hump her passionately.

+1

Can we get a sticky up in here
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #383
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

This is a free board but we have grown as a community never have I ever questioned the leadership until now. It was a poor move and unless Phalid was a proven troll(such as ip check, or a banned member coming back.) then it sets a precedence of you can be banned for things you might do. If he can't be objective then prehaps he needs to go ahead and step to focus on FOF2007 which seems to be where he spends most of his time.

- I mean no disrespect to Skydog at all I think he's a alright guy. I don't think he has given a valid reason for banning Phalid. Also this has nothing to do with Phalid and more to do with in my opinion is an abuse of power.

Good Day Men You Stewards of Quahog.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #384
rkmsuf
Head Coach

man, i'd love to virtually facial noop
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #385
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

You've stepped up your funniness lately.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #386
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

What's stopping you.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #387
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
What's stopping you.

he's packing heat
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #388
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Maybe the General Discussion mod should be someone who participates in general discussion?

Mod? We have a Dark Council that determines your fate.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #389
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

For the first time I am creeped out by something on the internet. What you said is very homo.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #390
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Maybe the General Discussion mod should be someone who participates in general discussion?

Woah.

knives out
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #391
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
For the first time I am creeped out by something on the internet. What you said is very homo.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #392
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

if it's virtual I don't think it's homo. although we might need a ruling on this.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #393
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

I second this motion.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #394
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
if it's virtual I don't think it's homo. although we might need a ruling on this.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #395
ShawonDunston
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Clarification of a few things:

1. This was a unilateral decision by me. If you're mad at someone, don't blame the group. Be mad at me.

2. While the great majority of decisions are available for group input, I do take action on my own at times. (All formally-reported posts are posted in the mod forum, and deciding to take no action on the bulk of those is the thing we do much more often than anything else. )

3. The final decision on moderation decisions always rests with me, although sometimes the mods do stuff that I wouldn't do myself. Still, even in those cases, if I wanted to stop it, I could. So again. Don't blame the group. Be mad at me.

So much ignorance, so little intelligence.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #396
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
You've stepped up your funniness lately.

Why thank you!

Interestingly my productivity has stepped down.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #397
rkmsuf
Head Coach

oh great...former cub shawon dunston is pissed now.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #398
gkb
High School Varsity

I don't usually comment on bannings and boxing. Moderating a forum is a thankless job and I this is by far my favorite forum. I think it's well run and entertaining. Unless there's something else going on that we aren't aware of though it seems like maybe a mistake was made in banning Phalid...

P.S. Pumpy, stay away from my wife...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #399
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawonDunston View Post
So much ignorance, so little intelligence.

Bannanated in 3...2...1...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #400
DanGarion
Coordinator

Those to blame.

Administrators
User Name Contact
GrantDawg is offline GrantDawg Send a private message to GrantDawg
Ryan S is offline Ryan S Send a private message to Ryan S
Simms is offline Simms Send a private message to Simms
SkyDog is offline SkyDog Send a private message to SkyDog
VPI97 is offline VPI97 Send a private message to VPI97