Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #351
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Do you disconnect from people that use the teams you mentioned?

yes. not when the game starts, but in the team selection screen. if i see they pick any team rated 90 or more (Bears, Chargers, Ravens fall into that category on top of Colts/ Pats, i don't play anyone who selects those teams) i just leave the session. a lot of times i like to play sucky team vs. sucky team - i think it makes you have to think more about what you want to do and in a game like that the few standout players really shine. i've only disconnected in a game 2 times. often i'll select the Bucs, or pause when i get to the Texans or Browns, (Texans and Browns are both rated 67) to indicate i'd like us to use crap teams. one guy did it and it was a really fun game. he was the Raiders and i was the Texans. Ahman Green couldn't be any slower but it was so fun. Colts/ Pats have too many good guys that you don't have to even think too much. that's no fun.

for the Titans, i was aware that Young was essentially a Vick clone, but i felt since they have weak WRs it would negate it. nope. the guy started scrambing A LOT starting around the 2nd quarter. that was really cheesy.

overall i have a much better time online. and better success. i still suck though. my record is 7-13.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #352
Kodos
Resident Alien

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=219283

Apparently in franchise a few seasons in, you literally end up with no players in the FA pool at some positions.

I think I'm about to give up on this game. Or maybe just put it aside until a patch or something. It shouldn't be so hard just to get a game to play well and have a functioning franchise mode.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #353
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's too bad about the franchise mode, but I'm actually getting into the gameplay quite a bit.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #354
Groundhog
Coordinator

It wouldn't surprise me about the FAs. I'm several seasons in and I'm yet to see any semi-decent rookies at the MLB or DT positions... I don't think the game generates ANY that are rated higher than 5th round, and I've yet to draft one that had an avg rating of higher than 70.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #355
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another Madden video. Not sure how this ever got through........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TEBV_NWHww
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #356
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is Coles fainting after he catches the ball.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #357
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow RA. Am I glad I didn't waste my time on this POS game
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #358
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It truly is a POS. I am not playing it at all.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #359
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
It truly is a POS. I am not playing it at all.

Sadly me neither, if i want to play football i need to play NCAA08 that is way better, without the INT's issue, it would be almost perfect.

I can't underestand how well does NCAA08 looks and plays in the PS3 and how crap does Madden08, when both are from the same company.

Do a search in youtube about madden bugs and you will laught and cry at same time.

Last edited by Icy : 09-15-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #360
Icy
Pro Starter

EA keeps showing how good is their testing team. They just released a patch for Madden08 PS3, sounds great right?

NO, if you download it, you won't be able to play the game anymore as it shows an error when loading and freezes the console. They have said now that they are working on a patch to fix the patch...

Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Was it actually a patch or just a roster update? I heard some people say it was just a roster update. If so, that makes the unintended effects even more comically bad.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 AM   #362
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've been test-driving the PC version. So far I like it. Not as pretty, but plays pretty well. Not sure I've seen this before. A QB under pressure will actually throw it away to the ground. And Madden even commented on what he did! Did I mention that it is actually nice to have him and Al commenting on the action?

It does mostly feel like a prettier version of what we've had on the PS2, but that's okay. And I like that I can create teams without the bizarre cartoony logos that EA provides. Hello, Lake Monsters.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #363
Anthony
Banned

this game really isn't that bad online. goes too fast to really notice its shortcomings. i just stick to online, i can't beat the AI at all.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #364
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm enjoying it online as well.

Anyone know if someone disconnects, and you finish the game vs CPU... will the other user get the loss if you win? I've got two wins right now, and both resulting from finishing the game against the CPU after I was destroying the other person at halftime. I got the wins, but I really want the other users to get the loss. Especially the last game I played. The guy sucked ass. Lobbing it to Donald Driver on every drive at least once, in double-coverage. I got 3 INTs, one that went for a TD.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #365
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I still find the offline gameplay quite fun. I could care less about dynasty mode as I have FOF for that.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #366
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I'm enjoying it online as well.

Anyone know if someone disconnects, and you finish the game vs CPU... will the other user get the loss if you win? I've got two wins right now, and both resulting from finishing the game against the CPU after I was destroying the other person at halftime. I got the wins, but I really want the other users to get the loss. Especially the last game I played. The guy sucked ass. Lobbing it to Donald Driver on every drive at least once, in double-coverage. I got 3 INTs, one that went for a TD.

yes, the other person gets the loss.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #367
Raiders Army
Coordinator

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../ea_games.html
Quote:
Gamers Irate Over NFL Madden 2008 Glitches
Bugs make nation's most popular video game "unplayable," fans complain
September 19, 2007
NFL Madden 2008, the nation's most popular video game, has so many glitches that consumers are saying the Electronic Arts game is “unplayable.”

“After purchasing a video game produced by EA Sports titled Madden NFL 2008, and playing the game, I came across many problems in the programming which resulted in the inability to continue gameplay,” wrote Paul of Wildomar, Calif.

The game, which is available for almost every game console, freezes, miscalculates statistics and suffers enormous amounts of lag during online play, consumers say. For the Nintendo Wii version of the game, consumers on EA's forums page have listed over 50 glitches.

Although every system including Sony's PSP and PlayStation 2, Microsoft's Xbox, PC and Nintendo's DS appear to have glitches, it is the Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 ports of the game that have engendered the most angst.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, which cost $60, were created by the same studio, said EA spokesman Tyrone Miller. So many of the problems with those versions, are found in both systems.

The major complaint from Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consumers is that in Franchise mode, when a team drops a player for whatever reason, he does not reenter the game through free agency, but rather, disappears. Over the period of two or three seasons, which amounts to playing about 40 games, the player pool becomes so slim that the mode can no longer continue.

In an e-mail yesterday afternoon, Miller wrote that EA was aware of the problem and that a patch would be available for the PlayStation 3 this morning to fix it. On EA's forums, consumers said that their systems did download the new patch, which in turn, completely froze their consoles.

By 1:20 p.m. all the complaints on EA's forum in regard to the patch's error, were removed.

EA has issued a release warning consumers not to go online with the game and to delete the patch if it has already been downloaded.

Miller said it is OK to get back online now, but that there will be no “fixed” patch available until “maybe another week.”

Xbox 360 consumers can expect a patch later today, he said.

On the Wii, consumers say that in SuperStar mode, kickers only make about a third of their kicks, including extra points, while the computer they play against makes nearly all of them, like in real life. Because of this glitch, consumers say it is almost impossible to win a game.

Wii consumers also say the system frequently freezes and that the game often confuses the system's unique motion controls.

Chris Faylor, a reporter for Shacknews.com, an online gaming publication, said he's not surprised the game has so many errors.

“Word of glitches and problems in the game does not surprise me at all, as its development is constrained by the yearly release schedule and will be pushed out the door when that time comes, regardless of its state,” Faylor said.

He said that while later prints of the game can be fixed, many consumers who own the game now may be stuck with a broken product.

“It's not that uncommon for games to be fixed in later pressings and shipments after their initial release,” Faylor said. “Most companies do this silently -- a minor bug is discovered and resolved before the next batch of manufacturing.”

Sending out downloadable patches is the easiest way for EA to fix the game, but that may not fix everything and will probably only work for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users, Faylor said.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have hard drives that can load some of the data and initiate a patch. But because most of the data is still loaded directly from a DVD, it's difficult to patch everything, Faylor said. For the other systems, which do not have hard drives, it is nearly impossible to offer patches. Miller said it's impossible to patch the Wii version.

The other problem is that in order to fix the game through a patch, a user's console must have a broadband Internet connection. Miller said about 80 percent of Xbox 360 owners have a broadband connection.

The only option for consumers, whose systems cannot be patched and for those without broadband Internet, would be if EA would offer consumers an exchange for a later, “fixed” print of the game's DVD.

“A disc exchange is definitely possible,” Faylor said. “It's been done before, but it's costly and time-consuming.”

Electronic Arts offered a disc exchange last year for its NCAA Football game for the PSP and for the 2006 version of Madden, again on the PSP. Miller said the game would spot the ball at wrong points on the field.

“That made the game unplayable,” Miller said.

“What it comes down to, as always, is the relationship between how much of this will actually affect their sales and reputation,” Faylor said.

While consumers have filed complaints with ConsumerAffairs.Com and on message boards, the Better Business Bureau in California's Bay Area, where EA is headquartered, has received 443 complaints in the last 36 months regarding EA, and the company has an “unsatisfactory” rating.

Here's a list of a few of the problems consumers say they've encountered on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports:

• Players disappearing from free agent pool in franchise mode
• Connection problems during online play
• Substantial lag during online play
• System freezes
• Changing a player's uniform number changes his age
• Yearly player statistics are greatly inflated, sometimes giving a quarterback 50 or more touchdowns in a year

For the Wii:

• Kickers missing many of their field goal attempts in SuperStar mode
• Regular system freezes
• Connection problems during online play
• Substantial lag during online play
• Offensive players, including quarterbacks, being placed on special teams plays
• Quarterbacks often don't hand off the ball as they are supposed to during running plays
• 'No huddles' occur at random
• “No huddles' result in offsides penalties
• Quarterbacks automatically throwing the ball as soon as it is hiked

Many disgruntled consumers have posted videos of the above glitches, and others, on YouTube. One video shows the ball soaring through the air and then making a 90 degree turn, midair, into the stands.

Miller said consumers should expect some glitches.

“The nature of games is there are always bugs,” he said. “We try to minimize them and make sure they don't interfere with gameplay.”

For those consumers who cannot receive patches, their only defense is to complain, Faylor said.

“Make a big fuss about it,” Faylor advised. “Complain on their forums. E-mail them. Call their customer service department. Companies, especially those as big as EA, have people reading forums and e-mails all over the internet. They are definitely aware of the issue.”

Many consumers say they wish EA would have shipped a working game, even at the expense of extending the deadline.

“I am positive that EA is aware of the issues with their products,” Jonathon of Independence, Mo. wrote to ConsumerAffairs.Com. “But a combination of greed, laziness, and poor product testing results in continually releasing sub-par and beta-like games,”
Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #368
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how many calls the BBB received when FPS Football 99 was released?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #369
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Xbox 360 patch is out!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #370
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think I'll just let some other folks test the patch...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Xbox 360 patch is out!

One of the mods on OS is reporting that it was only to fix some "under the hood" online stuff according to his contact.. other people on there are swearing it improves the fumbling issues and that it fixes some of the issues when you edit someone's contract. No reports of it stopping people from loading the game like the PS3 version did.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #372
Anthony
Banned

i've played many online games and haven't seen many fumbles. i can go a whole game without seeing a fumble. i still see a lot of INTs, but when you have 2 humans playing each other someone is bound to make a bad decision.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #373
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i've played many online games and haven't seen many fumbles. i can go a whole game without seeing a fumble. i still see a lot of INTs, but when you have 2 humans playing each other someone is bound to make a bad decision.

On the Wii version, I've seen an average of about one or two. I know there hasn't been more than two, and I believe one game had none (I've only played five games so far). INTs have been a result of stupid passes, or that annoying bug where the QB throws right after you snap. But I have a theory about this bug.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #374
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anybody up for some madden in about an hour or so?

360 version

waldorfsalad
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #375
SegRat
High School Varsity

Is this game better now that it has been patched?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #376
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Is this game better now that it has been patched?

Basically, no. Some people are saying that fumbles appear better, others are saying there's no difference. Plenty of problems still remain, such as the game-killing lack of FAs in franchise mode.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #377
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Basically, no. Some people are saying that fumbles appear better, others are saying there's no difference. Plenty of problems still remain, such as the game-killing lack of FAs in franchise mode.

Good thing that when I finish my NCAA CL career and finally buy Madden after the price drop, that won't matter one wit to his SuperStar career...
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #378
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly, there is a more complete patch being worked on. ETA is still unknown.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #379
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

A guy I know made it to the Super Bowl and the CPU played Patriots QB, Mr. Brady.. threw 10 INT's. lol......
Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 AM   #380
Icy
Pro Starter

the "good" patch has not been released yet, the one that has been was only supposed to tweak some online stuff. Some guys said there are less fumbles now but... i think it's the placebo effect.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #381
Kodos
Resident Alien

Where can we get these "placebos" you speak of?

Last edited by Kodos : 09-27-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #382
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Where can we get these placebos you speak of?

Going online with your game, it should ask you to download a patch.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #383
Kodos
Resident Alien

It was a Simpsons reference.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #384
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ah ok we watch the Simpsons here in Spanish language so I have never heard that expression

Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #385
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ashlee, OJ, or Jessica?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #386
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ashlee, OJ, or Jessica?

KATG
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #387
RainMaker
General Manager

I honestly think I'm done with console football for now. I'm talking not buying the games next year and waiting till things drastically change. We are 3 friggin versions of this game into the 360 and the game still is missing basic features that are in PS2/Xbox versions. When I play games like Halo 3 and Bioshock which I paid $60 for, I realize just how bad I am getting ripped off by these games like Madden that are just roster updates and tweaks to gameplay. The changes from 07 to 08 would hardly pass as a patch on some old PC games.

As for what they'd need to fix to get me back, well almost everything. This is a 20th Century game engine playing on a 21st Century system. Here are some issues:

Physics
The physics of this game suck. Players have no momentum and can stop on a dime making cut backs worthless. What angle you block/tackle someone at doesn't make a difference. There is zero realism in how the ball rolls when it hits the ground on a punt/kick/fumble. Players can throw the ball off their back foot facing the wrong direction just as hard as they can in the pocket facing the receiver. Players running full speed into a defender standing still will fall backwards. Basically, the physics of this game are nothing like a real game. I know it's impossible to get realism in a video game, but a little improvement from year to year would be nice. We have the same physics we had back in 2000.

Gameplay
I could write a novel about this but will stick to the main issues. Turnovers first. They don't happen like they do in real life. Running backs don't fumble that much, quarterbacks and returners do. When my QB gets blindsided by a blitzing linebacker, he should fumble frequently. QB fumbles are one of the biggest factors of an NFL game, and something that is non-existent in Madden.

The players AI is atrocious. Defenders don't make smart plays, they are just given super human speed and jumping ability to make up for mistakes. It doesn't matter if Randy Moss gets a step on a corner, the corner will outrun him to the ball, turn around on a dime, and outjump him for the football. They have eyes in the back of their head apparently and are more aggressive than a Pro Bowl wide receiver. Other defenders don't have a clue how to take an angle on a ball carrier. It's a simple chase AI with no strategy, no cornering, and no following assignments. Instead of a linebacker following the running back to the outside before attacking, he'll make a dart straight to him. To make up for this, they have to give defenders superhuman abilities on higher levels meaning Tomlinson is going to get caught from behind by the average defensive end on All-Madden.

Blocking is atrocious. There are no pockets formed (thanks to the defensive chase AI), and lineman seem to have zero intelligence in picking up the guy closest to the player with the ball. A guard will run after the safety while ignoring the defensive tackle. Suction blocking causes for strange gameplay as you watch a running back run right by a defender who simply has to turn the other direction to make a play. Again, this is Madden 2000 AI, not something I expect on a next gen system.

Special teams isn't even worth talking about. It's just embarrasing.

And how about simple strategy. While I don't develop games for a living, how does the simple logic behind game decisions get lost from one system to another. Why does the coach in Madden 99 have better late game logic than the one in Madden 2008. Besides a robot coach who refuses to go for it on 4th down, he also doesn't like long field goals and is going to punt it through the end zone when he has a 4th and 1 on your 32 for a 12 yard net. They rarely play to the teams strengths and don't exploit weaknesses in your team. With 30 seconds and no timeouts with a touchdown needed, they are happy throwing swing passes and 5 yard outs. There is no thought of running out of bounds.

Other Crap
The crowd still sucks, the sidelines are non-existent, and the announcing is literally back to the Joe Montana Talking Football days (apparently radios now sound like the ones from the 1940's). Why can't a crowd cheer when a guy breaks into the open? Why can't they get rowdy on a big goalline stand? After 15+ years making a game, these things should be easy to figure out by now. Heck, just watch one football game a year and you'll know when a crowd is supposed to cheer and boo. Playoff games and Super Bowls have the same intensity as the first Preseason game.

The sim stats are horrible and have taken a giant step back. EA used to always be able to put some decent simulation stats together, I guess they can't even do that anymore. Roster management is brutal and some other bugs in franchise mode make it almost impossible to enjoy.

Like I said, I could go on and on about little things. These things I mentioned are simply things that I think should have been addressed years ago. I give a company a pass on the first next gen title, but not the 2nd and certainly not the 3rd. By the time they put in all the stuff that is in the PS2/Xbox version, a new system will be out and we'll be back to square one. The game lacks any innovation now and is a few pretty graphics up from what we see on the old gen. Maybe I'm being too hard o these games, but when I see the kind of stuff that is coming out (Halo, Bioshock, etc), I can't fathom why I'm paying $60 for games like Madden.

Last edited by RainMaker : 09-30-2007 at 08:29 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #388
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Okay, this is going to sound really stupid but I can't seem to figure this out ...

I went and put in Squint/TJ's All-Pro 360 sliders, however when I go to start up a new franchise, the sliders aren't there and it's set to Pro with 5 minute quarters. The settings are gone, what am I missing here? I tried using the search button on the forums but that turned up nothing.

Like I said it's a silly question, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #389
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

This thread has been great in helping me decide whether to buy for the 360. I think I am going to wait until the "serious" patch is released to see if they fix franchise mode. Still boggles my mind how they could release something like that.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #390
Icy
Pro Starter

Can any Ps3 user email me a campus legend export? it seems EA fucked us Europeans and we can't import our legends into madden, so i want to test out if the problem is with my PAL Ps3 generated exports or also with exports generated in an USA Ps3.

email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #391
Groundhog
Coordinator

I was playing the PC version of Madden last night and yeah, it plays better than 2008 on the 360. Last version I played on the PC was 2004 (I think, the one with Vick on the cover anyhow), and 2008 is essentially the same game, with a few more animations and weapons and the like. I found some sliders on footballfreaks and coached a game as New Orleans against the Colts. I lost something like 31-17, but there were only 2 fumbles total, and Brees threw 1 pick, Manning 0. The end of game stats -- pancakes aside -- were great.

Seriously, in 2009 they should just port the damn PC verison over to next gen and beef up the graphics and animations. It still has the usual minor Madden issues, but I don't think EA will ever fix those without screwing up several other things in the process. I suspect this 2008 PC version is probably the best version of Madden we're likely to see for some time.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #392
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've finally had enough.. back it went. APF will feed my graphical football fix.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #393
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've finally had enough.. back it went. APF will feed my graphical football fix.

I put mine up a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try to wait for the promised patch and see if that fixes the turnovers. I was having fun playing when I got lucky and had a game with one or two turnovers, though those were few and far between. I don't actually expect total realism, a somewhat realistic and fun experience will do. But if the patch doesn't show up fairly soon or doesn't fix the TO's I'll be trading it in, probably pick up NHL 08.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #394
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I put mine up a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try to wait for the promised patch and see if that fixes the turnovers. I was having fun playing when I got lucky and had a game with one or two turnovers, though those were few and far between. I don't actually expect total realism, a somewhat realistic and fun experience will do. But if the patch doesn't show up fairly soon or doesn't fix the TO's I'll be trading it in, probably pick up NHL 08.

There are so many games I can spend my time better with, and I don't mind playing an APF game here and there... although with the FOF patch, I must admit.. I'm REALLY back into FOF 2k7 again.

I like NHL 2k8 and NHL 08... both games have been fun thus far and I know I'm going to have to stay with one once hockey season starts.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #395
JS19
College Prospect

Curious, since I don't see all too many Cowboys games, only when the Giants are in town, but does it usually rain in Cowboys stadium
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 AM   #396
Icy
Pro Starter

If any of you want to play a great football game, give a shoot to Madden08 PSP version. It's without doubt the best football game i have played for a long time. It doesn't have the turnovers that the next gen versions have. It has also a deeper franchise mode, even with practice squad rosters. the gameplay is great with minor slider adjustments, I get really close games and NFL accurate stats. I have only played a few games, so i don't know how smart/dumb the AI is in the franchise mode when drafting etc, but i guess it will be just the standard EA one, but for gameplay, this is the clear winner from all the 08 versions.

Why can't the next gen versions be this good but with next gen graphics??

Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #397
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Link from EA:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1
Apparently the roster update form last week fixes some issues and the FA problem. It does however require a new franchise as it won't work on saved games.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #398
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Link from EA:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1
Apparently the roster update form last week fixes some issues and the FA problem. It does however require a new franchise as it won't work on saved games.

Not true. On the digitalsports forums and EA forums, it's been reported that this is not a fix. Also, how could a roster update fix a free agency problem two to six years down the road? It would have to be a patch.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....rt=0&start=135
Old 10-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #399
Raiders Army
Coordinator

digitalsportsmania.com that is.

Also, EA was rich enough to buy Bioware...why couldn't they use that money to develop the games they already create? Oh yeah, they don't need to because of the exclusive license!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #400
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
digitalsportsmania.com that is.

Also, EA was rich enough to buy Bioware...why couldn't they use that money to develop the games they already create? Oh yeah, they don't need to because of the exclusive license!

Actually it has less to do with the exclusive license and more to do with the fact they are so financially lucrative. We buy them anyway.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote