Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #351
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've read over at OS, there might not be a way to download NCAA draft classes even if you have a transfer kit as some are saying there is no separate file(s), they are stored in your profile.. can you confirm this?
This appears to be true.

NCAA Football2007 files:
Dynasty-Army 4MB
Roster-FKrosters-com 2MB
Roster-Roster 2MB
User-Raiders Army 100kb

Madden NFL 07 files:
Franchise-Raiders 5MB
Profile-MADDEN07 132kb
Roster-Online 540kb

I have three draft classes ready to import into Madden. I don't see them anywhere.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #352
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
This appears to be true.

NCAA Football2007 files:
Dynasty-Army 4MB
Roster-FKrosters-com 2MB
Roster-Roster 2MB
User-Raiders Army 100kb

Madden NFL 07 files:
Franchise-Raiders 5MB
Profile-MADDEN07 132kb
Roster-Online 540kb

I have three draft classes ready to import into Madden. I don't see them anywhere.

Weird. I wonder how EF did it?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:38 PM   #353
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm guessing that as in previous versions you can select your draft classes...just this year it's from your profile instead of a file. Now, which profile is it? I don't know but if I had to guess, I'd go with NCAA.

On another note, this spreadsheet (found in the first post) appears to be quite interesting.

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=139616
Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #354
korme
Go Reds

I actually am not using the Bengals in franchise because they are too good..
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Weird. I wonder how EF did it?

When I got to the offseason, Madden asked me "would you like to import an NCAA File?" I selected yes, and then my 07 roster file and my 08 roster file appeared. I picked the 07 one. It was last saved when I last played NCAA and finished the 07 season. Therefore, if it is linked or hidden in any profile, I'm willing to bet it is inside the NCAA Profile.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #356
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
When I got to the offseason, Madden asked me "would you like to import an NCAA File?" I selected yes, and then my 07 roster file and my 08 roster file appeared. I picked the 07 one. It was last saved when I last played NCAA and finished the 07 season. Therefore, if it is linked or hidden in any profile, I'm willing to bet it is inside the NCAA Profile.

Why wouldn't they do it like the current gen does it? Sometimes I wonder if EA just likes to piss off/on Microsoft?

I am getting tired of EA football.

Looks like I'll play a season and trade it in on something else. I mean, tons of DE's going in the first round of the draft is going to ruin it for me.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #357
Izulde
Head Coach

Is there a way to change the camera in 360 in SS Mode? This zoomed in camera is pissing me off when I'm trying to throw to my receivers.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #358
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Is there a way to change the camera in 360 in SS Mode? This zoomed in camera is pissing me off when I'm trying to throw to my receivers.

Of course not.

EA Sports - if it's in the game, it's in the game [in an artificial, reduced, and limited way].
Old 08-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #359
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
EA Sports - if it's in the game, it's in the game [in an artificial, reduced, and limited way] BUT WE'VE GOT MASCOTS OUT THE WAZOO!.

Fixed.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was just surfing the web trying to find a thread with more info about the patch, and just read that at least on the 360 version, interceptions in simulated games are being doubled. That is why guys are getting 18 or 14. It's also why there are so many defenders with high number of picks, but not QB's with big numbers.

Perhaps this was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but I didn't remember it, so just pointing it out. I really want to play with NCAA rosters, but I'm starting to consider purchasing the PC version (apparently the 360 controller will work quite well with most PC's.) Then again, I hear problems with the PC version as well.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:35 AM   #361
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Is there a way to use the wireless 360 controller on the PC, or would I have to go spend $40 or whatever for a wired one?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Is there a way to use the wireless 360 controller on the PC, or would I have to go spend $40 or whatever for a wired one?

If you have the plug and play, I think that USB connection cord would work, but haven't tested it yet. There is a good chance (assuming my questions in the PC impressions thread get answered and the answers are good news) that I will test this out tonight.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #363
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
If you have the plug and play, I think that USB connection cord would work, but haven't tested it yet. There is a good chance (assuming my questions in the PC impressions thread get answered and the answers are good news) that I will test this out tonight.

The USB one apparently works great as long as you let Windows Update get the drivers. It even has the correct buttons labled on the screen.

It's too bad EA treats "next gen" as "we don't give a f" BUT we'll show commercial after commercial about it.

I'm getting closer to taking Madden back.

It's too bad to, because I like the gameplay.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-28-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The USB one apparently works great as long as you let Windows Update get the drivers. It even has the correct buttons labled on the screen.

It's too bad EA treats "next gen" as "we don't give a f" BUT we'll show commercial after commercial about it.

I'm getting closer to taking Madden back.

It's too bad to, because I like the gameplay.

Double posting now which I don't usually do, but I'm going to get the PC version on the way home from work. I think it will be my "serious franchise" version unless both the Interceptions and Fatigue get patched on the 360. Even if those issues get fixed, it will be nice to have the PC version because my wife may be hogging the 360, if she likes this new 360 game I'm likely getting tomorrow as much as I think she will. However, I'm mainly keeping the 360 version because my best friend in NJ only has a laptop and a 360 and he doesn't want to play Madden on his laptop. I think if nothing else, this version will be good for online play against him, since we rarely get to play face-2-face anymore. However, if those two issues don't get patched, I'm promising myself that I won't get Madden for the 360 next year until I hear many glowing reviews and no significant issues.

I really do like the gameplay on the 360, but I don't want guys getting 14-18 interceptions because of a stupid bug.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #365
Emiliano
College Prospect

It may sound silly, but: have you guys considered trying the regular Xbox version??? Maybe you can rent it, and then decide. I'm telling you, it plays a great game of football.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
It may sound silly, but: have you guys considered trying the regular Xbox version??? Maybe you can rent it, and then decide. I'm telling you, it plays a great game of football.

I have a top end computer, and from what little info I can find on the web about PC impressions, most of them seem to say that the PC version looks better and plays better than the Xbox version. Also, with the mod potential, if I can't play on my big screen TV in HD on the 360, I'd rather play on a system where mods can improve the game.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #367
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm not getting it for the PC, but good luck to you EF!

I'll hold on to my copy for a bit to see what EA decides to do. Hockey is due out in less than a month.. we'll see where that takes me.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #368
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'll hold on to my copy for a bit to see what EA decides to do. Hockey is due out in less than a month.. we'll see where that takes me.

I think you will have the temptation to get it, once EF starts talking more about the pc version.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #369
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
I think you will have the temptation to get it, once EF starts talking more about the pc version.

I can promise you I won't get it. I'll play FOF if the 360 verison is broken for good. Madden is not getting any more of my $$$$$.

In fact, with this program of converting BBCF draft files to FOF, I think I'll be quite fine as far as football goes this year.

PLEASE let NHL 07 be good.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #370
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
I think you are putting a dunce cap on your own head.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks. Hopefully, it is good. I've read enough on OS and there seem to be enough mods out there, that I'm definitely taking the plunge today. It seems like only wired 360 controllers work at this point, but I already have one of those. Hopefully, the 360 version gets patched, I could still see myself doing dual franchises as sometimes my wife wants to be on the good computer, and she seems excited about Enchanted Arms, so she might be hogging the 360 for a while..

As far as the Hockey game goes, I look forward to your impressions. I'm debating between 2k7 and EA's game. I haven't gotten a video console hockey game in many years, and I think I might finally get one again this year.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #372
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I can promise you I won't get it. I'll play FOF if the 360 verison is broken for good. Madden is not getting any more of my $$$$$.

In fact, with this program of converting BBCF draft files to FOF, I think I'll be quite fine as far as football goes this year.

PLEASE let NHL 07 be good.

I was talking with SackAttack the other night. I'm torn on if I'm even getting a hockey game this year. The 2K series has always been vastly more enjoyable for me to play than EA's garbage. This year, from the previews, it's looking like the two are in a dead heat. Then you factor in that the game I'm REALLY looking forward to is NBA2K7 and I'll have Madden and Saints Row for the meantime. . . I'm not sure how much a hockey game would get played. It essentially would have to be a "classic" game for me to consider it. So I'll be reading reviews, checking updates from you guys and then making a decision.

As for Madden 360, it's frustrating. I like the way the game plays. It's fun. It's an enjoyable game of football. On the other hand, the game continues to be crippled. No accelerated clock, no extra uniforms for teams. . . it's just frustrating. I may go for the PC version strictly for the mods and because I'll be able to screw around with it on the laptop while watching a game on the tube. Good, but dissapointing.

I'll be writing a full review tonight or tomorrow for gamenikki.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #373
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
I was talking with SackAttack the other night. I'm torn on if I'm even getting a hockey game this year. The 2K series has always been vastly more enjoyable for me to play than EA's garbage. This year, from the previews, it's looking like the two are in a dead heat. Then you factor in that the game I'm REALLY looking forward to is NBA2K7 and I'll have Madden and Saints Row for the meantime. . . I'm not sure how much a hockey game would get played. It essentially would have to be a "classic" game for me to consider it. So I'll be reading reviews, checking updates from you guys and then making a decision.

As for Madden 360, it's frustrating. I like the way the game plays. It's fun. It's an enjoyable game of football. On the other hand, the game continues to be crippled. No accelerated clock, no extra uniforms for teams. . . it's just frustrating. I may go for the PC version strictly for the mods and because I'll be able to screw around with it on the laptop while watching a game on the tube. Good, but dissapointing.

I'll be writing a full review tonight or tomorrow for gamenikki.

Actually, hockey is my most anticipated game this year as far as sports go. (well, FOF would be too)

Oh well, Saints Row tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #374
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, hockey is my most anticipated game this year as far as sports go. (well, FOF would be too)

Oh well, Saints Row tomorrow.

Yeah, looking forward to that game. The online factor could be a blast by itself. Knock on wood. . .
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #375
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Are any of the bugs/issues in the XBox version that people are seeing in other versions? I think what would bother me the most is the weird draft AI and DE-heavy 1st rounds. Have you gone through the offseason yet?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #376
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Are any of the bugs/issues in the XBox version that people are seeing in other versions? I think what would bother me the most is the weird draft AI and DE-heavy 1st rounds. Have you gone through the offseason yet?
Yes. I did a 3 year simmed dynasty, only for testing purposes. I imported my class from NCAA, and the draft looked fine. No 9 DE in the first 10 picks. I don't know about the Madden-generated class, but I think that it's usually more "weird"... The simmed stats, also, looked reasonable with the injury slider all the way to the max. I'm sorry, I can't remember how the draft AI looked at the moment. But I wouldn't expect a great draft AI in the first place...
Besides that, the game plays very "smooth" (I'm not sure it's the right word, but probably you know what I mean...). I feel like this year they had it really maxed out for current gen. They got the Vision Cone, the Highlight Stick, the Hit Stick, the lead blocking thing, the nice pop-up that tells you what audible you got; and, incredibly, they all seem to work well in the game. Yeah, it's not perfect absolutely, but it's very enjoyable and playable for me.

Anyway, keep in mind that I didn't spend a lot of time with the game yet, as I'm waiting for at least 1 or 2 official roster updates from EA to start my "real" franchise. If you jump over at the Operation Sports or MaddenMania boards, you'll sure find crazy guys who already played 50 games and have more knowledge than me...
Old 08-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #377
Logan
Head Coach

Thanks. I don't have one of the roster download things, so I'll be depending on the generated drafts. Looks like I'll do some research to make sure its not as bad as it seems to be on the 360. Thanks for the gameplay comments too.

Last edited by Logan : 08-28-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #378
Kodos
Resident Alien

So has anybody NOT returned Madden 360 at this point?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #379
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I haven't, and I won't. I'm basically going to wait a week or two to see if there's a patch, and if not, I'll just play the game as-is, I guess. I had considered getting the PC version, but GameSlop won't give me a full refund for the 360 version, so I don't want to take a loss on that and then pay for the PC game. I'm really not that upset about the draft problems with the 360 version (although I acknowledge that they're disappointing). The only problem for me is the fatigue issue, and if it never gets fixed, I'll just have to deal with it.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #380
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
I haven't, and I won't. I'm basically going to wait a week or two to see if there's a patch, and if not, I'll just play the game as-is, I guess. I had considered getting the PC version, but GameSlop won't give me a full refund for the 360 version, so I don't want to take a loss on that and then pay for the PC game. I'm really not that upset about the draft problems with the 360 version (although I acknowledge that they're disappointing). The only problem for me is the fatigue issue, and if it never gets fixed, I'll just have to deal with it.
Same here. I have NCAA, so the draft problems will never be an issue for me. As far as the fatigue goes, I actually have faith that Madden will patch this, as they just released a patch for NCAA recently, so I know that they at least know how to patch the 360 games.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #381
Kodos
Resident Alien

Are sim stats based on quarter length? If so, could getting decent stats be as easy as running shorter quarters?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #382
Izulde
Head Coach

So I played some with the 360 version.

Interface took a little getting used to, but it's not so bad now.

What in the hell is up with these ugly assed generic character models, though? It's like we've gone back in time in that regard. Pretty unacceptable for the second version on a next-gen system.

Gameplay seems fluid so far, though. Still, I'm disappointed about the graphical downgrade with regards to the players and much like Kevin Barry not getting in the game in his rookie year, so too with my boy Jovon Bouknight.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #383
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I haven't but unless the patch fixes fatigue and interception totals, I won't be doing a dynasty on it. I'll be using it just for MP games.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are sim stats based on quarter length? If so, could getting decent stats be as easy as running shorter quarters?

Doesn't appear to be. They really aren't bad except for a few too many HB carries, too few interceptions for QB's, and the doubling bug of interceptions in simmed games. I say I won't play if the interception bug isn't fixed, but I keep vacilating on that because I really do like the gameplay on the 360 and it looks GREAT on my TV. I definitely won't play a franchise if fatigue isn't fixed.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-29-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #385
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I didn't return Madden 06 on the 360 so I won't return this one, which is much better, fatigue bug notwithstanding.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #386
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I haven't returned my copy YET, either.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #387
Izulde
Head Coach

I sold mine to the local video game shop and parlayed the store credit into NBA 2K6 for the 360 and The Getaway and Legion: Sword of Excalibur for the PS2.

Since I have NCAA 2K6 for the 360, that means importing into NBA fun.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #388
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Well it's better than the 360 version, but it's really just Madden 2006 with updated rosters.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:46 AM   #389
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The guy in the space next to me (inside the tent there are about a dozen "spaces") just bought Madden 07 on the 360. I played the SS version, and that is incredibly addicting, although I can't get a 40 yard dash under 5 seconds or do more than 3 reps on the bench.

Any tips on how to do better?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #390
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have gotten a 4.66 on the 40. Do you stumble when you run? I find that if I inadvertently push down on both sticks at once I stumble. I also got this sweet NFS (Need For Speed) nitro boost effect; I suppose I had a fast rhythm going and it went into that. I was like whoa. Anyhow, my tip on the 40 is to push down on the sticks alternatively and let them come back to center. I found that in the beginning I was pushing them back up as well as pushing them down instead of just letting them come back up on their own.

On the 225 bench, I haven't gotten too good at it yet so no tips there.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #391
Icy
Pro Starter

Īs the bench press only in the 360? i'm an RB in SS in the PC and i have not seen that test. About the 40 yards, i put my controller (saitek 880, copy of the ps2 controller) betwen the knees and just hit fast the running button. With my RB i ran it in 4.59.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #392
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From what I've read, the PS2 version has button mashing as well. The 360 uses the analog sticks. I'm not sure what the Xbox controls are.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #393
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
From what I've read, the PS2 version has button mashing as well. The 360 uses the analog sticks. I'm not sure what the Xbox controls are.

Yep, it is button mashing on the PS2...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #394
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Somewhat of a bug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxanEBhUmec

McNabb throws backwards four times.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #395
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

That goes so well with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #396
Groundhog
Coordinator

Go Saints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tEY7jA-Pk&NR
Old 08-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #397
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
That goes so well with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg
Please stop causing problems..
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #398
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Please stop causing problems..
Say hello to your new quarterback.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #399
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Say hello to your new quarterback.
Nothing like throwing salt in the wound, eh?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:08 PM   #400
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I still dunno how to run the 40 yard dash ... 5seconds was my best time.

I managed 38 reps on the bench press though with a MLB.

However, I just can't seem to get into the game much. SS seems fun ... but I don't like the camera view at all.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote