Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #351
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Well pretty much everyone was expecting Givens and McGinest(mostly due to Crennel and Mangini) to be gone after this season. There were some last second hopes with Givens, but that was about it. You think they would have at least looked at the other WRs and CBs out there. There were rumors they were targeting Jurevicius, either they totally botched that or he cut them off at the pass.

I just can't seen Vinatieri not being resigned now, I don't think he's going to get the offer he was hoping for.

It's not the Pats style to go after players who are valued by other teams. I can actually see them possibly going after T.O. or Keyshawn.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #352
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've heard the T.O. name thrown around some, I just don't see it. I could see it after his tenure with the 49'ers, not now though. He just proved that, unlike Dillon, his attitude was not a fluke or a product of a specific situation.

Keyshawn I could see though. But could he take not being a #1 me me me guy?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #353
Swaggs
Coordinator

I actually think T.O. will be a great value next season. I bet he'll be on a pretty restrictive, short term deal and he will be looking to play well enough (on and off the field) to get one more big payday. I imagine he will lay low and then whichever team has a lot of cap left after all of the chips have fallen will sign him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #354
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Any Titans fans out there know what would happen with Billy Volek if the team goes for a QB in the draft? He was kind of considered a starting QB-in-waiting before this season. I wonder if a team like the Raiders or Vikings would be interested in him now.

Swaggs, mant Titans fans including myself expect the titans to deal Volek away arounfd draft time . I guess maybe on draft day after they have picked up a QB, mostly Leinart or Cutler. I think they could get a 4th rounder definitely but probably a late-to-mid 3rd round pick for him.

On similar note, being a Titans fan I am very happy with the FA acquisitions by the Titans. Givens at WR will be another Derrick Mason, take the load off Drew Bennett who had 1 11 TD, 1250 80 catch season in 2005 and will fit into Norm Chow's West Coast,USC-style offense perfectly. I like the LB Thornton from the Colts . He along with superstar LB Keith Bulluck give the titans two young ,fats and talented outside LB for years to come. The pick-up of Mathau at center will give the Titans young offensive linemen a good role model on and off the field.
The Titans are also, a strong contender to signed....................................... cancel that they just announced that they signed Chris Hope safety from the steelers so along with last years Pacman Jones and a very very good young defensive line the defense has really shaped up. The titans could be in the thick of the wildcard this year or even the afc south title again. I would like to see the Titans draft a Rb, QB and starting tackle but they will need to trade someone to get another 1st or 2nd round pick to do it.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #355
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Volek is worth a third, given his success during his opportunities, that his contract is very managable and that he is healthy. I'm not sure if Rosenhaus is still his agent, but that is a negative, if so.

I am biased as a WVU fan, but I think (and hope) Pacman will improve by leaps and bounds this season. Once he figures out that he isn't the best athlete on the field at all times and starts playing within the defensive scheme, he will be very good.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #356
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

More Packers signings.

This one from Rotoworld:

Rod Gardner - WR - Packers

Packers re-signed WR Rod Gardner to a one-year contract.
Gardner has gone from fantasy sleeper to struggling to stay in the league in a matter of years. There is opportunity for playing time in Green Bay, so he's someone to keep an eye on. Mar. 15 - 8:19 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

--------
And this one from Packersnews.com:

Packers appear to be picking Pickett over Jackson

By Pete Dougherty
PackersNews.com

It appears the Green Bay Packers will sign free-agent defensive tackle Ryan Pickett, according to an NFL source, which means Grady Jackson won't be returning to the team.

The Packers out-bid Buffalo and Pickett's original team, the St. Louis Rams. Terms of the contract weren't available, though St. Louis is believed to have offered him a five-year deal worth $16 million for the 6-2, 310-pound Pickett.

Pickett, 26, a former first-round draft pick who started for the Rams the last four years, will fill Jackson's role as the major run-stopper in the middle of the defensive line. Jackson is one of the Packers' free agents, and it's a given he'll sign with another team now.

-------------
In addition, the Packers re-signed restricted FA Kenny Peterson to a $712k tender. I'm pleased with all of the Packers' signings today, assuming Gardner's deal was reasonable. Now if we could just get a kicker...or a guard...make that two guards...and a pony...

Last edited by Fonzie : 03-15-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #357
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Cowboys | May make a move with J. Brown
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:59:25 -0800
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Dallas Cowboys may sign restricted free agent PK Josh Brown (Seahawks) to an offer sheet.

Huh? With Vinatieri and Liquored Up kicker available, why go after an RFA?

Cowboys | K. Johnson could return to team
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:41:07 -0800
Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) said during an interview on Sirius NFL Radio that there was a good chance he would re-sign with the Dallas Cowboys.

Say no to TO!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:51 AM   #358
Jas_lov
College Starter

I also like the Packers signings so far. The retention of Kampman leads me to beleive they may draft A.J. Hawk and not Mario Williams which is good because they need linebackers. The latest on Favre is he wants to play but the team has to improve which they have on the defensive side. They also signed safety Marquel Manuel. I don't know too much about him, but I guess they want him to start. As Fonzie said, they need offensive line help and maybe another receiver in addition to Gardner if Walker holds out and Murphy is done for good. I like the re-signing of Ahman Greeen at a cheap price. Vinatieri is suppose to visit Green Bay, but will the Packers shell out top bucks for a kicker? But as a Packer fan, you have to be pleased with the way things are going so far, at least I am.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #359
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW

Cowboys | K. Johnson could return to team
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:41:07 -0800
Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys) said during an interview on Sirius NFL Radio that there was a good chance he would re-sign with the Dallas Cowboys.

Woohoo!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #360
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The Browns are just going all kinds of apeshit this year aren't they?

I can see the AFC North being the toughest division in the NFL in the next couple years.

I mean goodness- Shaffer, Bentley, Zastudil, McGinest, Jurevicius, Washington..

And Charlie Frye looked quite good last season.

That said, I hate the Browns (but only slightly), Strongly dislike and wish catastrophe on the Steelers, and feel indifference, if not pure, ungodly ill will toward the Ravens.

Cinci is pretty cool though.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #361
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols

I can see the AFC North being the toughest division in the NFL in the next couple years.

The thing that is most pleasing is that Brian Billick's darling Kyle Boller is essentially shafting him into the unemployment line. Don't understand the signing of Mike Anderson... unless they're going to start running the option. The book on BAL was already to shut down the run and force them to throw. That signing doesn't help that at all, as I think Anderson's success is a product of the Denver running game.

Hopefully, it will still be a 2 horse race between PIT and CIN for a few more years.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #362
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:

Huh? With Vinatieri and Liquored Up kicker available, why go after an RFA?

I agree with you that Vinatieri's better. But I think Brown's a good kicker, and I'd be happy to have him.

And allow me to echo Jeeber's "Woohoo!" on Keyshawn.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #363
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols

I mean goodness- Shaffer, Bentley, Zastudil, McGinest, Jurevicius, Washington..

And Charlie Frye looked quite good last season.

That said, I hate the Browns (but only slightly), Strongly dislike and wish catastrophe on the Steelers, and feel indifference, if not pure, ungodly ill will toward the Ravens.

Cinci is pretty cool though.

No no... W&M Grad Lang Campbell will tear it up for the Berlin Thunder, come back, and unseat Charlie Frye as the Browns starting QB ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #364
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jabbar Gaffney signed with the Eagles. This may be a good signing, but he's no more than a #2. Hopefully Pinkston will be okay to be the #1 guy.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #365
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The End of the Joey Harrington Era has arrived.

The Lions have signed QB Josh McCown to a 2 year/$6 million deal.

Good bye, Joey Blueskies. Good bye...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #366
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

HB: Do you think this means Kitna is your starter? He's a great guy, but I don't think he can lead a team to much success.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #367
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
HB: Do you think this means Kitna is your starter? He's a great guy, but I don't think he can lead a team to much success.

I think Kitna is going to be the backup with McCown as the starter. Here's how I see it playing out...

Going into camp, neither Kitna nor McCown will be named as the starting QB. It will be an open competition between the two. Now, it's possible that Kitna out performs McCown, gels with Three Divas, and is named the starter. I think Kitna would have to out perform McCown pretty significantly for this to happen.

I think the more likely scenario is that McCown gets more of a chance during pre-season and the two play equally well (or, more likely, equally poorly/mediocrely) and McCown tabbed as the starting QB with Kitna as his able back-up. The Lions will then want to see if McCown develops and, if he does, they will look to extend his contract/sign him to a new one to be the long-term answer.

In sum, I think McCown is more likely than Kitna to be the starting QB for the Lions.

In all likelihood, they will both get some playing time as the starter and there will be a Rodney Peete vs. Erik Kramer type QB controversy going for a while and then people will start calling for Orlovsky. It's just how it goes in Detroit. The QB position has been a mess for 40+ years or so. It's pathetic.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #368
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think McCown could possibly beat out Kitna for the starting role. Sure McCown threw some Ints, but he did play for the Cardinals. Either could lead the team, IMO, to an 8-8 year.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #369
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Do you think the Lions will draft a quarterback if the situation presents itself? I never can tell what Millen is thinking.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #370
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov
I also like the Packers signings so far. The retention of Kampman leads me to beleive they may draft A.J. Hawk and not Mario Williams which is good because they need linebackers. The latest on Favre is he wants to play but the team has to improve which they have on the defensive side. They also signed safety Marquel Manuel. I don't know too much about him, but I guess they want him to start. As Fonzie said, they need offensive line help and maybe another receiver in addition to Gardner if Walker holds out and Murphy is done for good. I like the re-signing of Ahman Greeen at a cheap price. Vinatieri is suppose to visit Green Bay, but will the Packers shell out top bucks for a kicker? But as a Packer fan, you have to be pleased with the way things are going so far, at least I am.

For what it's worth, there was another Packersnews.com article stating that Barry would be tried at both RG and RT in the offseason camps. If he was better at RT, Tauscher would move to RG. So they may only need one more starting guard.

As for the Williams/Hawk decision, it'll be interesting to see which way TT goes. He's said (like all GMs say) that they'll go with the BPA, and Williams seems to be the concensus BPA. But he's got KGB and Kampman under contract now, so where would Williams fit in?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #371
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wonder if Harrington has any trade value?

I thought that I had heard that St. Louis and Kansas City were interested in him last season, but they both have new head coaches now. I wonder if the Raiders might take a good look at him. He might be decent roll of the dice for them.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #372
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
The End of the Joey Harrington Era has arrived.

The Lions have signed QB Josh McCown to a 2 year/$6 million deal.

Good bye, Joey Blueskies. Good bye...

Linky?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #373
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Linky?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2371034

Lions ink free agent QB McCown

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In a move that likely augurs the imminent departure of starting quarterback Joey Harrington after four disappointing seasons, ESPN.com has learned that the Detroit Lions on Thursday signed unrestricted free agent Josh McCown, who had played his entire career with the Arizona Cardinals.
McCown

McCown, 26, signed a two-year contract worth $6 million, a deal that will pay him $4 million in 2006 between his signing bonus and base salary. The addition of McCown comes just two days after Detroit signed former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Jon Kitna to a four-year, $11.5 million contract that has a signing bonus of $3.5 million.
League sources said that the acquisitions of Kitna and McCown will result in the release or trade of Harrington, who was the third overall player selected in the 2002 draft. Harrington is due a roster bonus of $4 million on June 15 and is scheduled to have a 2006 base salary of $4.5 million.
Releasing or trading Harrington, who has compiled an 18-37 record as a starter, will save the Lions about $5.4 million in 2006 cap space.
First-year head coach Rod Marinelli and offensive coordinator Mike Martz both suggested in recent days that they viewed Harrington as the starter. The public support aside, team and league sources acknowledged that the new coaching staff did not regard Harrington as much as they claimed and that the Lions were actively seeking out alternatives.
The plan now is to allow Kitna and McCown to compete for the starting job.
In McCown, whose résumé includes 22 starts, Martz is getting a young, talented quarterback that he might be able to mold in much the same manner he did past protégés like Trent Green, Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger. McCown has appeared in 33 games and completed 498 of 862 passes for 5,431 yards, with 25 touchdown passes, 29 interceptions and a 72.1 efficiency rating.
The strategy of McCown's agent, Mike McCartney, was to sign his client to a short-term deal and with a team where he could legitimately compete for the starting job, and then get back to the bargaining table for a bigger contract. The plan is the same blueprint McCartney and his associates at Priority Sports used with Jake Delhomme three years ago.
The Lions invested a lot of time and money in Harrington, a former Oregon star, but apparently have decided that, with a new coaching staff, his shelf-life in Detroit has expired. Harrington, 26, started in 55 of 58 appearances and completed 986 of 1,802 passes for 10,242 yards, with 60 touchdown passes, 62 interception and a 68.1 passer rating.
Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #374
wade moore
lolzcat

I can't see Harrington having LESS trade value than Patrick Ramsey, and the talk is the Skins might get a 4th for him...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #375
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Before Keyshawn re-signs with the Cowboys (if they can't get T.O.), I'd reallly like to see Rich McKay bring him to Atlanta to see if they can sign him away. He'd be a great fit for a running team like the Falcons (they usually like possession WRs that can block).
Old 03-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #376
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Gracias, HB.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #377
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I wonder if Harrington has any trade value?

I thought that I had heard that St. Louis and Kansas City were interested in him last season, but they both have new head coaches now. I wonder if the Raiders might take a good look at him. He might be decent roll of the dice for them.

I think the Lions are exploring that at the moment, but I don't think he does. He has about a $4 million roster bonus coming up on June 15. I don't think teams want to swallow that. Also, in true Lions' fashion, they pretty much blew any value he might have had by signing McCown. Teams know that they are going to cut him. It's just a matter of time.

It will be interesting to see. It would be nice if the Lions could get something for him. The Redskins are trying to get something for Ramsey, but so far all I have heard is that the Jets are willing to give them a 7th rounder. Not sure if Joey has more/less trade value than Ramsey.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #378
rjolley
College Starter

I thought Harrington could've done well with Martz's teaching. Ah well...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #379
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
Do you think the Lions will draft a quarterback if the situation presents itself? I never can tell what Millen is thinking.

You can never say never when Millen is involved, but unless they draft Vince Young and convert him to a WR, I would say it's pretty doubtful. They have Kitna, McCown, and Orlovsky (plus Shaun King). I think they are pretty happy with that set of QBs at the moment.

Depending on who is available, at the moment I think the most likely players for the Lions at the nine spot are: Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, or Tamba Hali.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-16-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #380
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley
I thought Harrington could've done well with Martz's teaching. Ah well...

Apparently Martz held a "Quarterback School" session last week or the week before with Orlovsky, King, and Harrington. Rumors have it that it did not go well between Martz and Harrington. It did not go well at all. I am sure a lot has to do with Joey's building frustration with the situation and Martz's sparkling personality.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #381
Bee
Pro Starter

So the Lions now have enough QBs to throw to all their WRs...cool.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #382
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
So the Lions now have enough QBs to throw to all their WRs...cool.

Maximum Customization, baybee...

I reckon it was Millen's plan all along:

Draft 3 WRs in the first round and then sign a bunch of mediocre QBs to throw them the ball. It's so crazy it just might work!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #383
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
I agree with you that Vinatieri's better. But I think Brown's a good kicker, and I'd be happy to have him.

And allow me to echo Jeeber's "Woohoo!" on Keyshawn.

My main concern was having to give up a draft pick in addition to signing him. However, it looks like the Seahawks would only get a 7th rounder if the Cowboys sign him and I'm okay with that.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #384
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My main concern was having to give up a draft pick in addition to signing him. However, it looks like the Seahawks would only get a 7th rounder if the Cowboys sign him and I'm okay with that.

I honestly think the Cowboys would have to make a crazy offer to Brown for Seattle not to end up matching it. Our special teams were just brutal last year with Brown being the only reliable piece of the puzzle. He improved his kickoffs and was strong all year aside from missing the one potential game winner. Just can't see them letting the only solid piece of their special teams go when all they'd get in return is a 7th rounder.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #385
Swaggs
Coordinator

From rotoworld, regarding the Hutchinson saga:

Quote:
The Seahawks are expected to match Minnesota's offer sheet for Steve Hutchinson, but not match the provision that would fully guarantee the contract.
It looks like this one is headed to arbitration. It's a complicated issue, but there is likely to be a legal battle about what matching the "Principle terms" of the contract means. In the meantime, both teams won't know how to construct their 2006 team or use their salary cap space.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #386
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am perfectly happy with that Hutchinson situation. The longer the Vikings and Seahawks are stuck in limbo, the better.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #387
Swaggs
Coordinator

Another one that could interest Redskins' and Steelers' fans:

Quote:
The Redskins may be interested in restricted free agent Ike Taylor.
Taylor was given the first-round tender by the Steelers, meaning he'd cost the 'Skins a first-rounder and a contract. Washington does not have a first-round pick.

I think Ike is probably worth a non-top 15 first rounder and would hate to see him leave. I think he will be a very solid starting CB and he is entering his prime. I wonder what would happen if the Skins do sign him, since they do not have a first rounder.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #388
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Another one that could interest Redskins' and Steelers' fans:

I think Ike is probably worth a non-top 15 first rounder and would hate to see him leave. I think he will be a very solid starting CB and he is entering his prime. I wonder what would happen if the Skins do sign him, since they do not have a first rounder.

Same thing that happened with Lloyd and would have happened with Abraham - Washington will negotiate compensation and try to trade for him instead of giving up a first they don't have.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #389
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
From rotoworld, regarding the Hutchinson saga:

Does anybody know if this does go to arbitration, would it mean that either the Seahawks would get him with that provision removed or the Vikings get him with the provision in tact, or is it a case of ruling that the provision is or is not a part of the contract that Seattle would have to match, then Seattle having a choice of whether they want to match if it is ruled to indeed be a part of the contract they'd have to honor if they choose to match.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #390
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Does anybody know if this does go to arbitration, would it mean that either the Seahawks would get him with that provision removed or the Vikings get him with the provision in tact, or is it a case of ruling that the provision is or is not a part of the contract that Seattle would have to match, then Seattle having a choice of whether they want to match if it is ruled to indeed be a part of the contract they'd have to honor if they choose to match.
I'm betting that what Seattle does is submit a 'matching' offer to the NFL for Hutch that excludes the provision in question. If the NFL rules the Seahawks offer is a valid match, the Vikings would protest and request arbitration; if the NFL rules that the offer isn't a valid match, the Seahawks will protest and request arbitration. Either way, the result would likely be that the winner of the arbitration gets Hutch, rather than say Seattle losing the arbitration and then deciding whether or not to add that provision.

Last edited by dawgfan : 03-16-2006 at 04:18 PM.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #391
Kozure
High School JV

One of Randy Moss' agents, Dante DiTrapano, was arrested for possession of crack cocaine. What's the world coming to??

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06075/671076.stm

the tidbit on DiTrapano is at the bottom of the NFL roundup.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #392
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Seahawks resign Bernard to a 3 year deal and bring back Peter Warrick on a one year contract.

I think solid signings, though the Bernard one is a bit of a surprise. Figured he'd get a rich enough contract elsewhere to lure him away, but I'm very happy to see him return to the rotation with Tubbs and Darby. Should be a solid defensive line for the Hawks this year with the potential of spectacular if they can add a pass rushing end to the mix.

Warrick, well, likely a cheap signing and he should at least push the younger guys for the #3 spot.
Just wanted to acknowledge these. Good moves, I think, for the Hawks.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #393
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here's the (potential) big one guys:

Quote:
KLBK-13, the CBS affiliate in Dallas, reports that Terrell Owens will be introduced as a member of the Cowboys Monday.
The report's headline say Owens will sign, while the article's contents claim he already has. That doesn't help credibility. No other national or Dallas news source is backing up the story at this point. The Cowboys released Keyshawn Johnson earlier this week.

Last edited by Swaggs : 03-16-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #394
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That's what I thought I just saw scroll on ESPNews.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #395
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

I think Owens himself is denying he signed with the Cowpokes at this point.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #396
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
I think Owens himself is denying he signed with the Cowpokes at this point.

But has he started demanding that his not-yet-existent contract be redone yet?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #397
wade moore
lolzcat

As a Redskins fan, I'm not sure whether to be ecstatic or to cry.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #398
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800
Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

The FoxSports article, http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5420122

Profootballtalk says it is bogus.

Quote:
POSTED 10:08 p.m. EST, March 16, 2006

REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #399
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

T.O. hasn't even officially signed anywhere yet and I am already tired of him. His saga is so over played it's ridiculous.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #400
JeeberD
General Manager

JUST SAY NO TO T.O.!!!!!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote