Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #301
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I'm on board the Tebow wagon after watching only the final five minutes and the post game interview last night. The only reason I tuned in was to see what the fuss was about.

don´t know if those are from that or later statements, but reading them (couldn´t watch anything from the game yet other than the GW TD) i must say they are impressive :

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er-to-victory/

Quote:

On his game-winning touchdown run
“That was the second time in the game [the Jets] had blitzed everybody against us, and they were playing the corners pretty hard off, and we ran a three-vertical (wide receivers) concept against them, and I knew we were in field-goal range, and I didn’t necessarily just want to throw up a jump-ball because they were playing so far off. So when I knew they were blitzing everybody, and I saw [S] (Eric Smith) coming off the left side, and he came and he hugged tight, and I knew he was going to be extra because they were bringing one more guy than we could block, and I knew (the blocker) got a hand on him, and once he came tight, I just figured he wasn’t going to think I was going to try and get outside and escape, so I just believed that the tackle and the tight end were going to get the block, and that I could try to hopefully outrun him to the edge, and thank the Lord I was able to do so.”
“I don’t think (the outside) was supposed to be open. (Smith) was kind of the hugger, and he hugged tight against and stayed tight. So once he’s coming in and planting and trying to stay as tight as he can, thinking I’m going to be in the pocket … once I knew that, I just kind of jab-stepped and stayed outside, and he’s going this way, and I’m going that way. That’s hard for someone to really plant and get outside. I was very thankful he was running really hard and coming hard inside because that’s hard to make that cut, so it made it a lot easier on me getting outside of him.”

also sounds like he really knows his stuff. Yeah, the mechanics propably are bad, but he´s got tons of heart, character and (i think) knowledge of the game.

whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #302
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

If Tim Tebow had Vick's arm, he might be Joe Montana, Brett Favre and Gandhi all rolled into one.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #303
Rizon
Pro Starter

Tebow's accuracy is so bad he can't even throw picks.

This sucking so bad but not turning the ball over thing is kind of entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #304
Ksyrup

Yeah, I was impressed with his off-the-cuff detailed response. He certainly understands the spread option better than any NFL coach, and maybe most college coaches. Now, if they'd just let him run with the ball more, they might score more than 10 points a game.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #305
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If Tim Tebow had Vick's arm, he might be Joe Montana, Brett Favre and Gandhi all rolled into one.

Please stop. You're not helping.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #306
Ksyrup

Ha! Look, for the long-term success of the Broncos, I don't want this to work. But I can't say I'm not entertained by it all.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #307
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I think Tebow haters are probably glass is half empty type people or just want to hate on someone for their beliefs. I'm not religious at all, but this guy is like Tony Robbins with athletic talent. Who cares about the basis for that charisma? You can tell his teammates love him by the sideline reactions after the game winning drive.

I don't care about his religion at all. What annoys me is the whole "He's 4-1. End of story" talk that precludes any rational analysis of how he has actually played.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #308
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I don't care about his religion at all. What annoys me is the whole "He's 4-1. End of story" talk that precludes any rational analysis of how he has actually played.

Thank goodness someone still has some rational thought here. I don't hate Tebow at all, but this "He just wins" crap is way over the top. I will be more inclined to take him seriously as a football player after he proves he can play consistently at the NFL level. Let's see where he is in 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #309
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Thank goodness someone still has some rational thought here. I don't hate Tebow at all, but this "He just wins" crap is way over the top. I will be more inclined to take him seriously as a football player after he proves he can play consistently at the NFL level. Let's see where he is in 5 years.

Yeah everyone, stop talking about any players unless they're 5+ veterans. Meet you all in the HoF thread. There at least there won't be any more disagreements.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #310
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

In 5 years he wont be a starting NFL QB. I think most people understand this. I get the impression people are having fun with this more than anything else. Most reasonable people realize this wont continue.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #311
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That's what the NFL is missing and why I've become such a college football fan the past decade or so. I like the variety. 32 flavors of vanilla gets boring after a while.

Totally agree. I have been a season ticket holder for the Air Froce Academy football games for 4 years and don't thin k the wisbones/veer etc type running systems are boring at all especially with the spread type offense incorporated. I think this is also a different animal from the Wildcat and may be a some evolution or deevolution in the game. I personally am sick of all the passing and wouldn't mind things swing back a bit to the running game and defense. I think this would obviously be great news for all the very talented QBs and major college programs that are "running" QBs that have nom chance of catching on. The NFL should expand the rosters to 55 and let teams carry 4 QBs and an extra RB so more teams can mess with this.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #312
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah everyone, stop talking about any players unless they're 5+ veterans. Meet you all in the HoF thread. There at least there won't be any more disagreements.

Pretty sure that isn't what I said. I just get tired of the Tebow circle-jerk that goes on every time he wins a game or says something to the media. Everything I have seen and heard is that he is a great guy to be around. I am not knocking the guy's character at all here. But 5 or so games into his career and people are already talking about how Tebow is changing the fucking world.

All I am saying is why don't we take a wait and see approach here before annointing him the next great thing?

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #313
MikeVic
Head Coach

Are people seriously believing the "all he does is win" argument? I just thought it was a tongue-in-cheek thing.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #314
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Are people seriously believing the "all he does is win" argument? I just thought it was a tongue-in-cheek thing.

Were you not here for the "Trent Dilfer was better than Tony Romo" debates? People really do still believe this horseshit.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #315
whomario
Pro Starter

an interesting post on what is impressing me the most as someone that is really not an expert but loves watching the sport :
Tim Tebow And The Miracles - The Triangle Blog

Quote:

After every under-thrown ball and every broken play, the Denver Broncos came back to the huddle with their heads held high, never showing up their quarterback, no matter how off target or out of his depth he was. And when Tebow couldn't get anything going, which, let's be clear, was the majority of the game, the defense came out and played like highly-irritated Mongol raiders.
For most of the night, I was looking for a reason why. Why Mark Sanchez (who, for all his problems, has led the Jets to consecutive AFC Championship games) was getting nothing but shade from Plaxico Burress and hot, angry breath from offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer while Tebow, who was playing quarterback with the grace of an ice-skating Bambi, was getting the undying support of his teammates?

It´s propably absolutely right to criticice his skills as a passer, but what i don´t get is why people get so mad when those are ignored ? While a lot of the same people are happy to ignore actual skills when coming down on a flawed character ? (which i´ll happily admit to doing as well.)

Here´s a guy that does everything right except throw a perfect ball. Looking how he approaches the game i´d say it´s pretty much a given that he has put the hours in to work on those skills, but simply hasn´t been able to get to a better level than he has (for example i know for a fact that changing your shooting motion in basketball is insanely difficult and sometimes simply doesn´t work even if you put in a million hours. I´d suspect the same thing to be true for a football throwing motion).
Maybe he should have done so early in college, but then again that might have taken time from practice that helped him and his team in the present.

Yes, it´s insane to say "he´s the only reason they win". But it´s just as insane to say "anybody would have won theese games, he´s just benefitting from the team".

Truth is propably somewhere in between and like someone also mentioned : It´s not like he´s working alongside super skilled players at RB and WR.

Last edited by whomario : 11-18-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #316
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Yes, it´s insane to say "he´s the only reason they win". But it´s just as insane to say "anybody would have won theese games, he´s just benefitting from the team".

I don't believe that just anyone would have won these games, and there is something to be said for Tebow's character and ability to inspire his teammates.

The bottom line here, at least for me, is that he just doesn't appear to have the skillset to be an NFL starting QB. How long can he get by just on inspiration and hard work? I commend him for these things but I have my doubts that this will last. Then what?

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #317
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Elway giving orders to Fox today to dumb down the offense even more.

This is comical. The Broncos start playing Tebow thinking that they will lose so they can please the fans and get rid of him. Now he is winning games and they are in a bad spot if they are thinking about going another direction as things stand right now.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-18-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #318
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Then what?

Then you can still commend him for theese things and maybe can be a little bit sad that it is unfortunately not good enough, that lazy but super talented players unfortunately have more success than guys like him.

The only one to blame would then be whoever made the decicion to draft him.

And even then, i personally will never be as hard on a guy for taking a great person that turns out to lack skills than a talented players who turns out to be a lazy ass.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #319
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
In 5 years he wont be a starting NFL QB. I think most people understand this. I get the impression people are having fun with this more than anything else. Most reasonable people realize this wont continue.

This is where you lose people. You don't really know. You think you know, but you don't. Neither do the people who think he is the next sure thing. He is at this time still a wildcard with an unknown future.

Making definitive comments loses credibility. Just ask IMETTRENTGREEN in my signature.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #320
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
if they are thinking about going another direction as things stand right now.

If that's what they're thinking then both of them probably ought to be run out of town on a rail.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #321
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
This is where you lose people. You don't really know. You think you know, but you don't. Neither do the people who think he is the next sure thing. He is at this time still a wildcard with an unknown future.

Making definitive comments loses credibility. Just ask IMETTRENTGREEN in my signature.

Plenty of evidence to support my theory. Ill take my chances.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 QUARTERBACKS

He is currently only ahead of Cassell, Painter, and Gabbert in FO's passing efficiency rating. Considering coming out of college this was the biggest knock on him Id have to believe these are his "true" ratings. If all of this is true it really doesnt seem reasonable to think that he will be a 5 year starter does it?

Unless of course he really is Jesus.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-18-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #322
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If all of this is true it really doesnt seem reasonable to think that he will be a 5 year starter does it?

He will if he keeps an .800 winning percentage.
And might if he keeps at/above .600
Old 11-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #323
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He will if he keeps an .800 winning percentage.
And might if he keeps at/above .600

This is true.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #324
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Were you not here for the "Trent Dilfer was better than Tony Romo" debates? People really do still believe this horseshit.

There is a point at which there is a case there. Look at Kyle Orton. I don't think there is anyone out there that would say Tebow is better than Orton. However, for whatever reason, the Broncos have won more with Tebow than they did with Orton this year.

Someone might bring up the competition, but its not like they're beating the NFC West here. They're beating solid teams.

Whether it is the coaches simplifying things, or the team rallying around him, they are winning more with him at the helm than they did before he took over.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #325
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
There is a point at which there is a case there. Look at Kyle Orton. I don't think there is anyone out there that would say Tebow is better than Orton. However, for whatever reason, the Broncos have won more with Tebow than they did with Orton this year.

Someone might bring up the competition, but its not like they're beating the NFC West here. They're beating solid teams.

Whether it is the coaches simplifying things, or the team rallying around him, they are winning more with him at the helm than they did before he took over.

Agree with everything you said except for the bolded part. The five teams the Broncos have beaten are a combined 22-24 overall. None of those teams are what I would consider a great win outside of possibly the Jets last night (nobody expected the Bengals to be this good this year).

Good for Tebow, hope he enjoys it while it lasts because it surely can't...right?

Quote:

Last edited by RomaGoth : 11-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #326
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I don't believe that just anyone would have won these games, and there is something to be said for Tebow's character and ability to inspire his teammates.

The bottom line here, at least for me, is that he just doesn't appear to have the skillset to be an NFL starting QB. How long can he get by just on inspiration and hard work? I commend him for these things but I have my doubts that this will last. Then what?

Can't say whether it'll last but if he has strong enough character and work ethic then he could well make a career out of it at the top level imho ... I'm far from an NFL expert, but if you look at the top level of professional soccer there ARE players who are fantastic athletes with incredible work ethics and professionalism, but limited skillsets, they're there because they are consistent and inspire their team-mates - some get to the fringes of the very top level and even get international caps for large countries.

Teebow impresses me because he comes across as fairly intelligent (especially within his sport) and also seems to have character and some backbone when it comes to sticking to his beliefs in the midst of a storm ... so kudo's to him and personally I hope he does well

(they're normally the chaps thought of as tenacious terriers who chase around madly for the ball and play the safe sensible passes - older viewers might remember 'David Batty' Leeds/Newcastle & England; he was a fantastic athlete and always give it his all, yet despite his incredible passing accuracy which is often quoted something like 75% of his passes were 10 yards or under and he couldn't shoot for toffee ... simply put he was limited (although still far better than I could ever dream of being ) but intelligent enough to know it and so play to his strength)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #327
Rizon
Pro Starter

FOF is like John Madden and Tim Tebow is like Bret Favre.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #328
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
...he couldn't shoot for toffee...

I will quite possibly never see this phrase again, especially in a football thread.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #329
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Plenty of evidence to support my theory. Ill take my chances.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 QUARTERBACKS

He is currently only ahead of Cassell, Painter, and Gabbert in FO's passing efficiency rating. Considering coming out of college this was the biggest knock on him Id have to believe these are his "true" ratings. If all of this is true it really doesnt seem reasonable to think that he will be a 5 year starter does it?

Unless of course he really is Jesus.
Vince Young was 26-16 (62% win) from 06 through 09. In the 3 seasons he qualified, Young was 24th, 28th and 18th in the Football Outsider's passing efficiency rating. If he hadn't gone cuckoo, there's reason to believe he would have been the starter in 2010 (5 seasons as a starter). There is a precedent for having success with a non-traditional passer at QB. Guys like Randall Cunningham, Rodney Peete, Mike Vick and Rich Gannon had similar stretches of success with ugly passing numbers. Heck, the Vikes were 11-5 in 1992 and Gannon ranked 33rd in FO's passing efficiency. In 1995, the Eagles were 10-6 and Rodney Peete was 32nd and Cunningham was 30th. In 2004, the Falcons were 11-5 and Vick ranked 38/40 in FO's passing efficiency. All these guys had long careers as starters.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #330
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Vince Young was 26-16 (62% win) from 06 through 09. In the 3 seasons he qualified, Young was 24th, 28th and 18th in the Football Outsider's passing efficiency rating. If he hadn't gone cuckoo, there's reason to believe he would have been the starter in 2010 (5 seasons as a starter). There is a precedent for having success with a non-traditional passer at QB. Guys like Randall Cunningham, Rodney Peete, Mike Vick and Rich Gannon had similar stretches of success with ugly passing numbers. Heck, the Vikes were 11-5 in 1992 and Gannon ranked 33rd in FO's passing efficiency. In 1995, the Eagles were 10-6 and Rodney Peete was 32nd and Cunningham was 30th. In 2004, the Falcons were 11-5 and Vick ranked 38/40 in FO's passing efficiency. All these guys had long careers as starters.

Anything is possible. These guys do have a lot of similarities with Tebow in being running qb types other than Peete not being a real great runner if I remember correctly.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #331
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Agree with everything you said except for the bolded part. The five teams the Broncos have beaten are a combined 22-24 overall. None of those teams are what I would consider a great win outside of possibly the Jets last night (nobody expected the Bengals to be this good this year).

Good for Tebow, hope he enjoys it while it lasts because it surely can't...right?
The Broncos were home against Oakland, Cincy and San Diego - with road games against Green Bay and Tennessee in their first 5 games (1-4). In their last 5, they've been on the road against Miami, Oakland and KC, with home games against Detroit and the Jets (4-1). Outside of GB, the second group looks pretty similar and there were more road games.

What's even more interesting is the team lost its best receiver (Lloyd), TE (Thomas), top 2 HBs (McGahee for parts of 2 games and Moreno for the season) and 3 members of the defense since the 5th game. And, Denver is significantly better in this next 5-game stretch.

No one knows for sure on Tebow yet, but he is certainly more successful with less than Orton was.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #332
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Reminds me of my internal WOOF debate:

NAME
G
GS
CMP
ATT
CMP%
YDS
YPA
YPC
TD
INT
SKD
YDS
QB_RTG
Johnny Goshen
64.6%
Otis Coronado
65.4%

FWIW, the team is 3-3 with Goshen, 4-0 with Coronado. Goshen is 83/83, Coronado is 33/46. Goshen is "clearly" the better QB.

Who cares, the team is in first place in the division.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #333
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Anything is possible. These guys do have a lot of similarities with Tebow in being running qb types other than Peete not being a real great runner if I remember correctly.
Peete actually ran more than you would think. In 60 starts from 89-95, he totaled 1031 yards on 203 carries (5+ ypc) and 14 rushing TDs. That's about 275 yards and 4 TDs a season. He also had only one season with double digit passing TD numbers over than span.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #334
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Peete actually ran more than you would think. In 60 starts from 89-95, he totaled 1031 yards on 203 carries (5+ ypc) and 14 rushing TDs. That's about 275 yards and 4 TDs a season. He also had only one season with double digit passing TD numbers over than span.

All I remember of Peete is that he was on IR constantly.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #335
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
All I remember of Peete is that he was on IR constantly.

I think he had a hot wife, too?
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #336
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The words "Rodney Peete" are racial code words for "has a hot black wife."
Old 11-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #337
Subby
lolzcat

Really hard not to root for Tebow. Very solid underdog story.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #338
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
The words "Rodney Peete" are racial code words for "has a hot black wife."

I just did a Google image search Pumpy and THIS IS NOT TRUE!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #339
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Really hard not to root for Tebow. Very solid underdog story.

Not sure how he qualifies as an underdog, seeing as how he was a first-round pick.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #340
Subby
lolzcat

Being picked in the first round is part of the story. I don't think many people expected him to get drafted as a QB, much less in the first round.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #341
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
duh use black google dummy
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #342
Subby
lolzcat

is that the MC Hammer search site?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #343
Ksyrup

Quote:

Is that the Canadian version?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #344
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post

His first wife was fugly, second one not too bad. One thing I noticed though...

Damn did he get fat!

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #345
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Whew, good thing I'm from Oakland or else I wouldn't have known this.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #346
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Welp, clearly, the last few posts are racial code words for "Holly Robinson Peete would finish at 1% in a Hot or Not poll."
Old 11-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #347
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

To me, the difference is that all of those guys were non-traditional passers and weren't very accurate, but they could all throw a spiral. I mentioned this in the weekly thread, but without exaggeration, I think I throw a better 20 yard ball than Tim Tebow.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #348
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Welp, clearly, the last few posts are racial code words for "Holly Robinson Peete would finish at 1% in a Hot or Not poll."

She ain't bad, but the other one.....yikes.

Edit: Oops, that is just the other half of Rodney.

Quote:

Last edited by RomaGoth : 11-18-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #349
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
She ain't bad, but the other one.....yikes.

Edit: Oops, that is just the other half of Rodney.
I was trying to figure out what you meant.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #350
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There was a time when QB's who "Just Won" but looked very ugly were removed from their position. Anyone remember Shaun King? He took over for Trent Dilfer mid-season as a rookie and took the Bucs all the way to the NFC Championship Game. The following year as a full time starter he took the Bucs to a Wild Card slot after Martin Grammatica missed a kick in OT to lose the NFC Central Title in week 17. Two years, one and a half as the starter, two playoff berths and some powerful game sot build on, like that great MNF game vs the Rams, and yet, with just two years of professional experience and a very strong resume, he was benched.

How about Charlie Batch? He still managed to win despite a surprise retirement by Barry Sanders changed the season massively, and on a woefully coached team with old or missing talent. His was the last time the Lions went to the playoffs. The team barely missed the playoffs the following year, and Matt Millen came in and cleaned house.

Now we cum all over Tim Tebow and Vince Young for winning, despite doing it ugly. (VY would still in Tennessee if he had acted the part and stopped being stupid).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-18-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote