Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #301
SteveMax58
College Starter

Woot!!! G-men deliver!!!

For the record...as Tynes trotted out to attempt the (soon to be) game winner...I was yelling "Coughlin, you f-in idiot..go for it!!! This is Seattle all over again you moron!!!"

I've never been happier to be so wrong.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #302
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Brady- 30-33-351yds-0 int-5tds
E.Manning- 18-30-193yds-3int-1td
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #303
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I think no matter what happens in the Superbowl, Eli has earned at least one full season of people shutting the fuck up.

Yeah, lets leave the whinny ass, I won't play for San Diego guy alone.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #304
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
GO GIANTS

ahem
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #305
Izulde
Head Coach

God, I fucking HATE Eli Manning.

But I don't want the '72 Dolphins to lose their only perfect team status.

I despise this Super Bowl, I really do.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #306
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
God, I fucking HATE Eli Manning.

But I don't want the '72 Dolphins to lose their only perfect team status.

I despise this Super Bowl, I really do.

Same here. Can this be any more boring? I wanted a good superbowl for once, one that has some type of meaning and intrigue. I don't want the Evil Empire to win, but on the other hand I don't like Eli and I can't stand Coughlin. I'd say that I'd just watch for the commercials, but those have been HORRIBLE the last several years. I guess betting is the only thing that will keep me awake for this snoozefest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #307
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

apparently a first ever 19-0 team lacks meaning and intrigue. So in other words... "I hate the fucking patriots"
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #308
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

GO PATRIOTS
Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #309
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
apparently a first ever 19-0 team lacks meaning and intrigue. So in other words... "I hate the fucking patriots"

Yeah, I just don't get being apathetic about this Super Bowl. If any team was going for 19-0 you bet your ass I'd be watching with interest.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #310
Joe
Pro Starter

I think most people hate Mercury Morris more than they hate the Pats.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Yeah, I just don't get being apathetic about this Super Bowl. If any team was going for 19-0 you bet your ass I'd be watching with interest.

I think that for alot of fans (obviously not for Giants fans), we were hoping for something fresh, a new opponent for the Patriots, one where you could make arguements for why they could or should win.

The Packers were one of just a couple of top NFL teams from this season that the Pats hadn't already marched through, plus for alot of people (other than Bucc!) Farve was on this magical ride to end his career. I'm one of those who doesn't necessarily think Farve is the best ever, but he has had an outstanding career and for the most part has been a likable guy and other than me being bitter that the Falcons decided to keep Jeff George and get rid of Farve, I was kind of rooting for him to cap his career in a special way.

So now instead, we get a rematch, not even from earlier in the season as was the case vs the Chargers, but a rematch from what, 3 weeks ago? Not alot has changed and not much will be different in this super bowl. The weather will be better which I feel only helps the Patriots, and the only thing going for the Giants is that they seem to be clicking better and they have more confidence than a few weeks ago.

I will still be watching the superbowl, but for me its a bit of a let down I guess. No offense to Giants fans, as I know you all must be estatic that your team has made it to the super bowl and has a chance to win it all.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #312
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I think most people hate Mercury Morris more than they hate the Pats.

+1

The Pats are no longer just in your neighborhood. They just pooped in a bag on your front porch and lit it on fire.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #313
st.cronin
General Manager

To be fair, its a rematch of what was probably the best, most exciting game played all year.

knives out
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 PM   #314
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think that for alot of fans (obviously not for Giants fans), we were hoping for something fresh, a new opponent for the Patriots, one where you could make arguements for why they could or should win.

The Packers were one of just a couple of top NFL teams from this season that the Pats hadn't already marched through, plus for alot of people (other than Bucc!) Farve was on this magical ride to end his career. I'm one of those who doesn't necessarily think Farve is the best ever, but he has had an outstanding career and for the most part has been a likable guy and other than me being bitter that the Falcons decided to keep Jeff George and get rid of Farve, I was kind of rooting for him to cap his career in a special way.

So now instead, we get a rematch, not even from earlier in the season as was the case vs the Chargers, but a rematch from what, 3 weeks ago? Not alot has changed and not much will be different in this super bowl. The weather will be better which I feel only helps the Patriots, and the only thing going for the Giants is that they seem to be clicking better and they have more confidence than a few weeks ago.

I will still be watching the superbowl, but for me its a bit of a let down I guess. No offense to Giants fans, as I know you all must be estatic that your team has made it to the super bowl and has a chance to win it all.

I really doubt there is anyone from the NFC who could really challenge the AFC Championship this season. True, anything can happen in one game. But the play between the Chargers-Patriots today was vastly superior to the play in Giants-Packers, IMO.

If the Giants fumble away interceptions, make personal foul penalties, and miss multiple fields goals; they won't be that close to the Patriots; I guarantee you that.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #315
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I really doubt there is anyone from the NFC who could really challenge the AFC Championship this season. True, anything can happen in one game. But the play between the Chargers-Patriots today was vastly superior to the play in Giants-Packers, IMO.

If the Giants fumble away interceptions, make personal foul penalties, and miss multiple fields goals; they won't be that close to the Patriots; I guarantee you that.

I disagree with this. Yes, the AFC is generally superior to the NFC. But the Giants should be a good match for the Pats - it wasn't like the Giants played out of their minds in week 17 - both teams brought their A games. The Patriots don't make a lot of mistakes, but they do make a few; they have a shaky kicker; and their defense has hardly been stout for 8 games or so now.

I expect a competitive, exciting Super Bowl.

knives out
Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #316
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I expect this years Super Bowl comparable to this one:

XXIV January 28 1990 San Francisco 49ers 55-10 Denver Broncos

*yawn*

Old 01-20-2008, 11:26 PM   #317
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It's funny to see two of the Dolphins fan whine. Man, your team barely deserves to be in the NFL and you get to say that the SB sucks? You are not even on the outside looking in, you're way out in the middle of nowhere. LOL.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #318
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It's funny to see two of the Dolphins fan whine. Man, your team barely deserves to be in the NFL and you get to say that the SB sucks? You are not even on the outside looking in, you're way out in the middle of nowhere. LOL.

VII
VIII

17-0.

Yeah, we deserve to be in the NFL. We're just going through a rough time right now.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #319
sabotai
General Manager

Well I couldn't be more excited for this Super Bowl. A championship game between my #1 team and my #2 team. Considering I didn't really expect the Giants to be better than 9-7 at the beginning of the year, and when the playoffs came I just hoped they would win at least 1 playoff game, I'll be happy with the season just as long as the Giants don't get embarissed against the Patriots.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #320
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
VII
VIII

17-0.

Yeah, we deserve to be in the NFL. We're just going through a rough couple of decades right now.

Fixed.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #321
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Fixed.

I'm convinced if there's a hell, there's a special place reserved there for Jimmy Johnson.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #322
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Somewhat. I mean it's like watching the Yankees go 130-32 next season and then seeing them in the World Series placed up against the 88-74 Atlanta Braves. Who the fuck wants to see that? To see the Yankees make history? Fuck that! I hate the Goddamned Yankees and so do you. To see if the Braves can knock them off, well I hate the fucking Braves too!

Now, I know, not everyone hates the Braves (or in this case, the Giants), but they likely don't give a shit about the Giants and don't want to have to deal with New England vs. New York AGAIN, in another sport.

So I'll watch for the commericals, I guess, and the food.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #323
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm just really looking forward to the NFL WIP this week and the super bowl week with P & E
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #324
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Woohoo!!! That was a fun, yet crazy last 10 minutes or so. Ok, so Favre didn't throw 5 INTs but he played liked he did. Glad we don't have hear about him or the Packers in the next 2 weeks. Congrats Giants.

Yes, thank goodness no Favre in the Super Bowl.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 AM   #325
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree with this. Yes, the AFC is generally superior to the NFC. But the Giants should be a good match for the Pats - it wasn't like the Giants played out of their minds in week 17 - both teams brought their A games. The Patriots don't make a lot of mistakes, but they do make a few; they have a shaky kicker; and their defense has hardly been stout for 8 games or so now.

dude...a shaky kicker? he was what...23/26 this year? And he's only missed 1 kick in the postseason in his career (that was last week against Jacksonville)??
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #326
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
You were a Pats fan right?

No kidding. My thoughts as well.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #327
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I was not aware that they played each other on wildcard weekend.

Thanks. I couldn't remember if the bye week during the season was one or two. S, anyways week 17.

BTW. You must be one of these a-holes that points out when a person misses a semicolon in a post on a message board, huh?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #328
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:

I agree with this. I think the Giants(and namely Eli) have been (rightly) criticized for not playing to their potential for a few years now...and now that they are playing much closer to it, they are a more formidable team than most people who dont follow them closely might think. And they started playing much closer to this potential against the Patriots. So while the Patriots are obviously hands down the best team in the NFL this year, I'm not sure the NFC really has a better matchup for them.

On another note...I guess it's because I'm a Giants fan that I dont understand this...but I've never understood why so many non-Giants fans hate Eli or Coughlin. I dont much care for Coughlin as a coach, but Eli has dealt with a ton of (justified)criticism with nothing but professionalism and class. Maybe it's the draft day antics that he did, but I dont fault players for leveraging their stock in any way they can to get the situation they want. By contrast...you dont see Eli antagonizing opposing fans after a win, or anything else like that.

But I guess I also dont understand why people hate Belichick or Brady for that matter. And I mean even before the video taping stuff.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #329
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Two of the most obnoxious fan bases in sports history going at it. Yeah, we haven't heard enough about Red Sox-Yankees of late, now we have to go through this shit too.

It's not so much, for me, that I hate the Patriots. It's that I have no rooting interest whatsoever for this game. I'd just as soon New England not hit 19-0, but not to do it at the hands of a jackass coach and their whiny ass QB (that's Coughlin and Eli, now) just isn't all that interesting to me.

Please, feel free to play the "you're just jealous" card, I haven't heard that one in a while.

Last edited by Butter : 01-21-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #330
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Two of the most obnoxious fan bases in sports history going at it. Yeah, we haven't heard enough about Red Sox-Yankees of late, now we have to go through this shit too.

It's not so much, for me, that I hate the Patriots. It's that I have no rooting interest whatsoever for this game. I'd just as soon New England not hit 19-0, but not to do it at the hands of a jackass coach and their whiny ass QB (that's Coughlin and Eli, now) just isn't all that interesting to me.

Please, feel free to play the "you're just jealous" card, I haven't heard that one in a while.
This pretty much sums it up for me as well. It's not that I hate the Patriots, as much as I am tired of hearing about them. As to the Giants, the last thing I want to deal with is another NY sports championship with Coughlin and Manning getting the credit. If there was an option for "lightning striking Glendale and both teams losing", I'd be all over watching. I'll still watch for a bit in hopes of a competitive game, but even that might not be enough to sustain my interest.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Same here. Can this be any more boring?

yeah, because it was a real snoozefezt last time these teams played each other on a big stage
Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #332
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Same here. Can this be any more boring? I wanted a good superbowl for once, one that has some type of meaning and intrigue. I don't want the Evil Empire to win, but on the other hand I don't like Eli and I can't stand Coughlin. I'd say that I'd just watch for the commercials, but those have been HORRIBLE the last several years. I guess betting is the only thing that will keep me awake for this snoozefest.

Man are you a ray of sunshine. Don't watch. It's a free country.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #333
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Did you even watch the games?

Vastly superior. 3 Brady int's, the Chargers not being able to score a TD and having to settle for 4 field goals, Rivers throwing ducks all over the field.

There were mitakes and bad plays in both games, I don't think anyone came off as vastly superior.

Last edited by Lathum : 01-21-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

And not all Giants fans are Yankees fans.

I am as big a Giants fan as you will find and I hate the Yankees, plus the Giants-PAts REd Sox-Yankee comparasons stop at geographical
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #335
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I can totally see the Pats really laying one on the Giants in the SB in spite of the score week 17. Warm weather and no wind will do wonders for the offense.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #336
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, Gostkowski survived and dulled the sting of Vinatieri leaving and now no one even mentions him anymore.

Shaky kicker he is not. Hasn't shown that he's Vinatieri in his prime, but few have.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-21-2008 at 09:36 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #337
RendeR
Coordinator

This super bowl will be a blowout of epic proportions. Belicheck will pull out every trick, every key play and every facet of his gameplan. The Giants will get up of the field and go "Wait, who the F*** did we just play? cause thats not the same team we stayed with a few weeks ago..."

This will be an ugly, UGLY super bowl. *And I'm not even talking about those pathetic Giants uniforms*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #338
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Everyone keep saying the Giants have no chance, please, please, please...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #339
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
No kidding. My thoughts as well.

I don't think either of you understood what I meant because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I really preferred this matchup to Pats/Packers for some reason. And I think it will be a better, more competitive game. I liked Favre until this last stage of his career. But now, I'm just glad I don't have to go two weeks hearing about him.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #340
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
This will be an ugly, UGLY super bowl. *And I'm not even talking about those pathetic Giants uniforms*

Any ladies and gentlemen he has seen some ugly Super Bowls...with the Bills and all...
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #341
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Everyone keep saying the Giants have no chance, please, please, please...

There is a slim chance the entire Pats team will be hit by lightening. So I wouldn't say the Little Giants have no chance.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #342
Rizon
Pro Starter

Looks like NE is early 12.5 point favorite.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #343
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You know what scares me? - except for the 9/11 subplot, this is a pretty good match for Super Bowl XXXVI.

A- One team heavily favored, due to their record-setting, best ever offense and looking unbeatable? Check

B- Other team considered a fluke to get there? Check

C- Other team's quarterback situation considered iffy? Check

D - Two teams played in the regular season and the result was close? Check

E - Media, pundits, and everyone except the underdog team expects a rout? Check

Folks, do not sleep on the Giants. They nearly beat the Pats in week 17, and they should NOT be double digit dogs.

(this is not reverse psychology, the Giants make me nervous)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-21-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #344
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I liked Favre until this last stage of his career. But now, I'm just glad I don't have to go two weeks hearing about him.

And this is what cracks me up.

Had the Packers won there would be 10 people on here posting about how they don't want to hear 2 weeks of Favre talk.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #345
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
You know what scares me? - the 9/11 subplot, this is a pretty good match for Super Bowl XXXVI.

A- One team heavily favored, due to their record-setting, best ever offense and looking unbeatable? Check

B- Other team considered a fluke to get there? Check

C- Other team's quarterback situation considered iffy? Check

D - Two teams played in the regular season and the result was close? Check

E - Media, pundits, and everyone except the underdog team expects a rout? Check

Folks, do not sleep on the Giants. They nearly beat the Pats in week 17, and they should NOT be double digit dogs.

(this is not reverse psychology, the Giants make me nervous)

F - NO Mike Martz involved. Theory caput.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #346
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm not saying it's a perfect match, but it's scary enough that anyone who blithely thinks this will be a rout, no doubt about it, needs to take another look.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #347
JediKooter
Coordinator

I can't wait for the Pro Bowl...I wish this Super Bowl thing would hurry up and get over with.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #348
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I can't wait for the Pro Bowl...I wish this Super Bowl thing would hurry up and get over with.

Tomlinson too. His knee should be ready to go for the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #349
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am just getting tired of the "no one thinks we can do it" crap every week. I hate the team vs. world talk when it goes on every freakin' week, especially when it is not true. There has always been people picking the Giants. Was it the majority of people? No. But it wasn't "nobody" like they and their fans keep saying.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #350
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I am just getting tired of the "no one thinks we can do it" crap every week. I hate the team vs. world talk when it goes on every freakin' week, especially when it is not true. There has always been people picking the Giants. Was it the majority of people? No. But it wasn't "nobody" like they and their fans keep saying.

What difference does it make to you? Why do people get upset with these things?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote