Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #301
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I heard Boston was interested in Thibault and that's why he got the start last night against the Ducks to show off his stuff.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #302
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Also, with Nedved being re-called... someone can claim him off re-entry waivers and only be on the hook for half his $1.5 Million salary.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!

Last edited by Joe Canadian : 11-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #303
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I had no idea Thibault was still in the league, and $750,000 still seems like a lot of money for Nedved.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #304
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Boston Bruins: The Bruins have assigned goaltender Hannu Toivonen to the minors.

After the shooting gallery Atlanta turned things into against Thomas last night, I'm surprised he hasn't been placed on IR for traumatic stress disorder or something. I was starting to fear for his safety.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #305
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Well, this actually took longer than I thought it would...
http://www.firemuckler.com/
Old 11-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #306
bbor
Pro Starter

Nedved may be a good fit for the Leafs with Sundin out for 3 weeks.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #307
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

While you may not have a fan in Roy, young Mr. Latendresse. You have made a fan out of me! You tell 'im, kid!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Montreal Canadiens rookie forward Guillaume Latendresse does not have a fan in Patrick Roy.

Roy has recently said that he thinks the only reason 19-year-old rookie Latendresse remains with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

Latendresse scored his first NHL goal on Tuesday and was asked about what Roy has been saying about him.

''It's me who's supposed to be 19, not him,'' said Latendresse. ''I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child.''

Canadiens head coach Carbonneau told the Montreal Gazette that Latendresse's heritage is not what has kept him on the team.

''It doesn't matter if he's Russian, Czech, whatever. He's earned his place.''

Latendresse doesn't understand Roy's negative comments.

''I don't know why he's acting like that. I've never spoken to him.

''He should be delighted by the success of young Quebecers in the NHL instead of making stupid comments.''
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #308
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Nedved may be a good fit for the Leafs with Sundin out for 3 weeks.

I hear he and his wife have separated. That really hurts his value.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #309
bbor
Pro Starter

Raycroft goes out injured in the Leafs game tonight.Pulled hammy...dunno how long he will be out...but...when it rains it pours in Toronto.

2 things the Leafs can't afford to happen this season...Sundin getting injured or Raycroft getting injured.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #310
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While you may not have a fan in Roy, young Mr. Latendresse. You have made a fan out of me! You tell 'im, kid!

Montreal Canadiens rookie forward Guillaume Latendresse does not have a fan in Patrick Roy.

Roy has recently said that he thinks the only reason 19-year-old rookie Latendresse remains with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

Latendresse scored his first NHL goal on Tuesday and was asked about what Roy has been saying about him.

''It's me who's supposed to be 19, not him,'' said Latendresse. ''I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child.''

Canadiens head coach Carbonneau told the Montreal Gazette that Latendresse's heritage is not what has kept him on the team.

''He should be delighted by the success of young Quebecers in the NHL instead of making stupid comments.''

lol...my hero! Go rot, Roy!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #311
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ducks dominating in Vancouver tonight. What is scary is that this is one of the few games where I think they are actually in sync and really starting to play well. They managed to escape a couple close ones early with at least a point because they were playing at home, or playing a weaker opponent, or simply nutted up and scrapped for the tying goal. But they haven't really played too many complete, dominating games.

But now they are on a role. They obliterated the Oilers and Yotes last week, and although they needed OT to beat the Pens on Monday, they outshot them 40-17, and there were maybe 6-7 faceoffs in the Ducks' zone after the first period.

And now tonight they are just taking apart the Canucks on the road. Short of an amazing comeback (hope I don't speak too soon here), the Ducks will have set a new record for a season-starting point streak (16 games).

I hope we can keep this up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:21 AM   #312
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the devils havent scored more than 2 goals in 8 straight games now, but yet have won 4 of the last 5.

if the defense stays sound, the goals will eventually come. but the games sure are boring to watch right now...
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #313
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hawks with a 1-0 win over Columbus tonight and Khabibulin could be back for Thursday's game against the Coyotes

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #314
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...my hero! Go rot, Roy!

Bah! It appears as if young Guillaume has betrayed us and has abandoned this noble cause... You are weak, Mr. Latendresse.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=184173&hubname=nhl
The war of words between Hall of Fame netminder Patrick Roy and Montreal Canadiens rookie Guillaume Latendresse is water under the bridge.

After Saturday's Hall of Fame game between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs, Roy went to visit the young forward at the team's hotel and shook his hand. Roy, who attended the game at the Air Canada Centre, congratulated Latendresse on his performance against Toronto - an assist on Saku Koivu's highlight reel goal for the Canadiens.

"Patrick came to see me in the hotel lobby shake my hand," he told TSN's Quebec sister station RDS. "It was a gesture of respect, and I was quite content. I think that Patrick and I wanted to turn the page. It's important for me because I do not have anything against Patrick."

Roy recently said that he thought the only reason Latendresse was with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

Latendresse has a goal and an assist in his last two games since joining Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder on the Canadiens' top line.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-13-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #315
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So Anaheim has just traded Todd Fedoruk back to the Flyers for a fourth round pick. So, in essence, the Ducks gave up a 2nd rounder for one year of Fedoruk's services and then got back a 4th rounder for him. Odd.

Then again, I am not sure what the Flyers are thinking. Is adding Tood Fedoruk really going to solve any of their woes? They appear to have enough big, slow-skating types.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #316
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
So Anaheim has just traded Todd Fedoruk back to the Flyers for a fourth round pick. So, in essence, the Ducks gave up a 2nd rounder for one year of Fedoruk's services and then got back a 4th rounder for him. Odd.

it's even odder than you think. To replace Fedoruk, they sent a second rounder to Colorado for George Parros, a guy who is similar to Fedoruk and who the Avs acquired on waivers at the beginning of the season. They are the same age, same salary, but Fedoruk has way more experience than Parros and, believe it or not, maybe a wee bit better offensively (not saying much, and maybe that's just perception - he always seemed to do well against Colorado).

Parros didn't fit in Colorado - I think he played a total of maybe 8 minutes in the two games he wasn't a scratch for. Basically, the Avs just got a free 2nd round draft pick.

Meanwhile, the Ducks traded Stan Chistov, a player they re-signed this summer to an $800,000 contract apparantly to sit in the pressbox (1 game played this year).
Old 11-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #317
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
it's even odder than you think. To replace Fedoruk, they sent a second rounder to Colorado for George Parros, a guy who is similar to Fedoruk and who the Avs acquired on waivers at the beginning of the season. They are the same age, same salary, but Fedoruk has way more experience than Parros and, believe it or not, maybe a wee bit better offensively (not saying much, and maybe that's just perception - he always seemed to do well against Colorado).

Parros didn't fit in Colorado - I think he played a total of maybe 8 minutes in the two games he wasn't a scratch for. Basically, the Avs just got a free 2nd round draft pick.

Meanwhile, the Ducks traded Stan Chistov, a player they re-signed this summer to an $800,000 contract apparantly to sit in the pressbox (1 game played this year).

You're right. This makes even lesser sense than it did before. Well done for Colorado getting a 2nd rounder for that guy. Well, Brian Burke has put together one of the best teams in the NHL, so who am I to crticize? Maybe his synapses just don't quite fire right when dealing with 2nd round picks and tough guys.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #318
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

It's about freaking time!!!! Gerard Gallant was fired from Columbus today, and we have the potential to get a decent coach. Any suggestions from the audience? We need someone who holds the players accountable and someone who can put in a system and teach offense (something Gallant said he didn't have to, true story).

I'm rooting for Hitchcock to get the job, proven guy, will hold the guys accountable, but I'm curious to see what others think. Andy Murray?
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #319
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22 View Post
It's about freaking time!!!! Gerard Gallant was fired from Columbus today, and we have the potential to get a decent coach. Any suggestions from the audience? We need someone who holds the players accountable and someone who can put in a system and teach offense (something Gallant said he didn't have to, true story).

I'm rooting for Hitchcock to get the job, proven guy, will hold the guys accountable, but I'm curious to see what others think. Andy Murray?

Dave King? A good teacher for a young team.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #320
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:

Hitch comes with a downside. The players will hate him.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #321
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Hitch comes with a downside. The players will hate him.

That usually takes about 3 to 4 years to happen.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #322
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Dave King? A good teacher for a young team.

Nice We never should have fired him, the rumor was that MacLean (the next one to go) felt that he was holding back Klesla's development, and that the guys weren't getting any better, which was a joke.

Oh well, I just want someone who will a) hold the players accountable and b) have some sort of system
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #323
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice We never should have fired him, the rumor was that MacLean (the next one to go) felt that he was holding back Klesla's development, and that the guys weren't getting any better, which was a joke.

Oh well, I just want someone who will a) hold the players accountable and b) have some sort of system

Holding players accountable and playing a system could be Pat Quinn.But there will be ZERO development for the kids,as a matter of fact they prolly won't even play.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bah! It appears as if young Guillaume has betrayed us and has abandoned this noble cause... You are weak, Mr. Latendresse.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=184173&hubname=nhl
The war of words between Hall of Fame netminder Patrick Roy and Montreal Canadiens rookie Guillaume Latendresse is water under the bridge.

After Saturday's Hall of Fame game between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs, Roy went to visit the young forward at the team's hotel and shook his hand. Roy, who attended the game at the Air Canada Centre, congratulated Latendresse on his performance against Toronto - an assist on Saku Koivu's highlight reel goal for the Canadiens.

"Patrick came to see me in the hotel lobby shake my hand," he told TSN's Quebec sister station RDS. "It was a gesture of respect, and I was quite content. I think that Patrick and I wanted to turn the page. It's important for me because I do not have anything against Patrick."

Roy recently said that he thought the only reason Latendresse was with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

Latendresse has a goal and an assist in his last two games since joining Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder on the Canadiens' top line.

Sheesh! It seems this French-Canadian kid has less of the Canadian in him than we thought.

That sucks. Oh well. I can't pronounce his name anyway.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #325
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Then again, I am not sure what the Flyers are thinking. Is adding Tood Fedoruk really going to solve any of their woes? They appear to have enough big, slow-skating types.

Meh. We dropped a couple rounds for Fedoruk's tough guy services for a year. He was a good guy to have around, so I'll miss him as a character guy.

It looks like Burke and Carlyle have decided to give Shawn Thornton an extended look. He has been good so far on our fourth line.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #326
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sheesh! It seems this French-Canadian kid has less of the Canadian in him than we thought.

That sucks. Oh well. I can't pronounce his name anyway.

Prolly fights with his visor on too

Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #327
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
You're right. This makes even lesser sense than it did before. Well done for Colorado getting a 2nd rounder for that guy. Well, Brian Burke has put together one of the best teams in the NHL, so who am I to crticize? Maybe his synapses just don't quite fire right when dealing with 2nd round picks and tough guys.

Quite possibly... I am stoked because I love Parros' playing style, and he's more talented than Fedoruk and younger, but it doesn't seem to be a great move, especially when O'Brien, O'Donnell and Thornton are easily tough enough to deal with anything the new NHL will throw at the Ducks for the couple of months that Fedoruk would have been out.

Having said that, I whine that the new NHL is too pussified, so I can't really complain when my team picks up a heavyweight.

The Chistov trade is very strange because he's got a lot of talent and fits in with the new style of play around the league. My guess is that Ryan Shannon flat out stole his job.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #328
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Gosh I love watching the Sabres play.

That is all.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #329
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Wow, that is odd. I don't know why we would bother. O'Brien is a fighter on the backline, Moen is a toughie and Penner is a freakin' giant. We don't really need another bouncer to replace Fedoruk, especially with less skills and for a second rounder. Burke has made some good deals (Feds for Beauchemin & Marchant off of waivers; the Pronger deal) for us, so I will put my faith in that, but I hope he knows a lot more than I do about this deal.

As for Chistov, really, moving him corrects a mistake from way back previous Ducks' administrations. He's too mentally soft, IMO, to play over here. He only was signed because we could fit him easily under the cap to replace Hedstrom (a tougher Swede winger), and he has a ton of offensive potential, judging from once being the fifth overall pick in the draft. It might end up being a great move for the Bruins, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Eventually, the NHL reveals primadonnas for who they are.

So Parros and Thornton will be the permanent replacements for Chistov and Fedoruk. Thornton came up to replace Fedoruk, so there is that roster spot. Parros takes Chistov's spot. I am guessing Travis Green will see more time, although I would love to just let him go and bring up another of our young rising players in Tim Brent.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #330
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Quite possibly... I am stoked because I love Parros' playing style, and he's more talented than Fedoruk and younger, but it doesn't seem to be a great move, especially when O'Brien, O'Donnell and Thornton are easily tough enough to deal with anything the new NHL will throw at the Ducks for the couple of months that Fedoruk would have been out.

Having said that, I whine that the new NHL is too pussified, so I can't really complain when my team picks up a heavyweight.

The Chistov trade is very strange because he's got a lot of talent and fits in with the new style of play around the league. My guess is that Ryan Shannon flat out stole his job.

HOLY SHIT! Another Ducks fan? So help me God, you better not be a bandwagoner. Who was the Ducks' first head coach?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #331
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Poor Gerard Gallant. I always liked Gerard Gallant. He was playing on Yzerman's left wing when I first started watching hockey back in the day.

In fact, my family lived in Gerard Gallant's house for 2 months when we moved from Dallas back to Michigan and had to wait for the house we bought to become available. He had a nice house. During some post-game party a couple of the players were wrestling a broke a hole in the wall of one of the bedrooms.

Good luck, Spuds.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #332
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Who was the Ducks' first head coach?

Emilio Estevez?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Emilio Estevez?

I hate you.

No. That is not the answer I am looking for.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #334
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Sens lose again.

Rumor is if they don't win at least one or two of their next 40, Melnyk might think about getting up the courage to maybe possible ask Muckler what's going on.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:03 AM   #335
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Quite possibly... I am stoked because I love Parros' playing style, and he's more talented than Fedoruk and younger...

you'd think there was a big age difference there...but Parros is just 10 months younger than Fedoruk.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #336
Blade6119
Coordinator

I will say this, coincidence or not. Wherever Chris Pronger goes, that team immdediately becomes a contender. Its happened at his last 3 teams for sure, and possibly further back then that. Hes an elite defender, but he might be more of a leader then i thought. That thought just came to my head and suprised me.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #337
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I must have missed the season that the Blues were a contender.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #338
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman View Post

Old 11-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #339
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Heh! It must have been one of those seasons when the Wings beat them in the playoffs. Take your pick. They are legion.

They were a bit of a trendy pick for a few years there, but they were a few years after Pronger came aboard. When the Blues first got Pronger he was just a big, goofy-looking clumsy defenseman. Now he's a big, goofy-looking very skilled defenseman. I still dislike him.

Speaking of the Wings (earlier on in the post), I have watched the majority of each of the last 8 games all of which the Wings have won. I am really baffled at how dominating they've been without ever appearing to dominate. Never once during those games have I really thought the Wings were just really outplaying their opponent. The games all seem pretty evenly matched, except for the Wings not giving up many quality scoring chances. All of a sudden the game is over, the Wings win, and have outshot their opponent 35-15. This is without their power-play clicking at all.

They are really playing excellent team defense right now. They give up very few shots and very few quality scoring chances. These last 8 games have been the least impressive dominating performances I can recall.

That said, I think the streak ends tonight. Luongo always gives them fits. They rarely play all that well on these West Coast Swings. And they are sort of banged up right now.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #340
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Gosh I love watching the Sabres play.

That is all.

Daniel Briere has become my favourite non-Flame player. And I agree, the team is awesome to watch, arguably the most entertaining team in years.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #341
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Daniel Briere has become my favourite non-Flame player. And I agree, the team is awesome to watch, arguably the most entertaining team in years.

Unless you're on the wrong side of the score, in which case a 7-4 loss (especially after battling back from 3-0 down) sucks. Still can't beat anybody we beat in the playoffs last year (now 0-4-2 against Buffalo, NJ, and Montreal). We're really struggling on defense for whatever reason.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #342
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Great comeback for the Rangers.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #343
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
HOLY SHIT! Another Ducks fan? So help me God, you better not be a bandwagoner. Who was the Ducks' first head coach?

Wasn't the first coach Ron Wilson? I was only ten years old at the time and living in the UK so I could be wrong

And as for Parros being only 10 months younger than Fedoruk... wow. Seems like Fedoruk has been around for ever. I guess he was pretty young when he first came up with the Flyers.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #344
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Great comeback for the Rangers.

i hate you guys.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 AM   #345
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wasn't the first coach Ron Wilson? I was only ten years old at the time and living in the UK so I could be wrong

And as for Parros being only 10 months younger than Fedoruk... wow. Seems like Fedoruk has been around for ever. I guess he was pretty young when he first came up with the Flyers.

Yup, good going. All right, you're allowed into the clubhouse then.

Nice to see another Ducks fan around.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #346
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Ok. Fun time is over. The Flames can go back to sucking now.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #347
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok. Fun time is over. The Flames can go back to sucking now.

the way Minnesota is playing, Calgary could be in first within a week.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #348
RendeR
Coordinator

Radio commentator during Buffalo's crushing defeat a few weeks ago at Rich Stadium:

"Can you hear this crowd? they're going wild even with this score! can you believe the amazinf support this team gets?"

"Um, Frank maybe you should actually listen to the chant..." :holds microphone out the window to hear the crowd"

GO SABRES, GO SABRES, GO SABRES

"Oh, umm yeah they have a fantastic Hockey team here in Buffalo as well!"

*cackles*

GO SABRES!!!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #349
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Is that glass cam (there's a camera moving on top of the glass) a new Versus thing? Or is it something that has been used in Dallas from the season start?

edit - It is Versus' new rail cam.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 11-20-2006 at 08:39 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #350
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Is that glass cam (there's a camera moving on top of the glass) a new Versus thing? Or is it something that has been used in Dallas from the season start?

edit - It is Versus' new rail cam.

A for idea, C- for execution. waaaaay too big, and they were using it far too often - missed a couple of goals because of it.

lots and lots of rumors that Forsberg is on his way to either San Jose or back to Colorado. I can definitely see the former, because the Sharks have Nabokov and a very strong shot at the Cup. that team becomes SICK with even a moderately healthy Foppa...