Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #301
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I feel, first and foremost, that "Houston Nutt" is a funny name.

Secondly, Houston Nutt is the greatest coach Arkansas could ever hope for, and he's another fantastic example of inflated expectations in college programs. Arkansas will NEVER see that level of success again.

I don't think I agree with all that, but its pretty telling that he was hired by another SEC school about 5 minutes after being fired by Arkansas.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #302
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Check this out .. two Auburn coaches wives go off on the air on some local radio show:

SportsCall Archives
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #303
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola ..

Go to the Amy and Donna calls.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #304
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Also Nutt was Boise State's first Div. 1A coach.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #305
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Edit- this is a good example of why it looks this way from the outside. It sure looks like this was something Houston Nutt might at least be partially responsible. Notice you never hear him deflect credit for it to where it actually belongs. There was actually one NFL show this year that went and found out the truth and did a phone interview with Gus Malzahn, the guy who actually is responsible for the Wildcat's resurgence. Gus, strangely was very humble and said he didn't invent it, he only used it. You just don't seem to hear those kinds of things from Houston Nutt, who absolutely LOVES the fact that people think he's responsible for it.

The point is not who invented it. The point is that Nutt was criticized for not passing the ball more. Nutt was criticized for using the wildcat while he was the coach at Arkansas, and criticized for not playing Mustain, even though Mustain sucked and the wildcat worked.

knives out
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #306
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I totally disagree with the list of supposed fired SEC coaches that were "unjustified." You need to note that every one of the schools the guys worked for improved dramatically once those coaches left (save Nutt. But his fire wasn't expectations as much as public relations). Even the Tubberville fire in the end makes sense. This wasn't his first strike. He's been on the brink of being fired in at least 3 different seasons, and has only saved his job each time by cleaning out his coaching staff and starting over. He goofed big time this year, and that was the final nail in the coffin.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #307
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Couple that with the mass of return-defections we are still getting from home state players that went elsewhere (Andrew Norman, Broderick Green, Ryan Mallett, several others) and you can see what a mess Nutt made of recruiting. Alienating the boosters, donors, and high school coaches is a major league mistake.
Not to nitpick, well, it is nitpicking I guess, but I thought Mallett went to high school on the good side of Texarkana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I know that Texas landed one of the top Arkansas players this year. Derek Johnson, out of Hoxie. One of the only, if not the only non-Texas player landed by the Horns.
Hoxie? Seriously? A kid from Hoxie is one of the best in the state? What has Arkansas become?

Seriously, MJ4H, here's what you do. Go pick up Derek. Drive over to Jonesboro. He'll be impressed with Jonesboro in itself. Then you buy him dinner, take him to say, Ryan's. If you really want to impress him, take him to something more expensive like Outback. Then take him over to see the Arkansas State football stadium. Wow? Isn't that a BIG stadium? Much bigger than anything at Hoxie, huh? Then you immediately fly him...which is going to be tricky, I know, it's not like you can immediately fly him out of anywhere around there (maybe rent a helicopter!); fly him to Fayetteville. Make sure you point out all of the cool stuff between Jonesboro and Fayetteville. If you take the helicopter, land on your football field, otherwise just drive there and show him the field. Holy snikes, you'll have Derek in love with the Razorbacks in no time.

I kid you not.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 AM   #308
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trying to bring in a tricky offense is what got Tubby fired. Are they really think about Leach?

And somewhere in there you have to add that until this year TT was always considered a 2nd tier Big 12 team. The Oklahoma loss pretty much put them back there even though they beat Texas.

Quote:
And as a follow up to that, of all the coaching openings right now, Auburn will be the toughest by far. They are going to expect the world, and they are still the step-child of the big state university up the road that has finally gotten a good coach and is not currently under probation.

As a 'Bama fan, I'm a wee bit excited as to see how Auburn is going to screw this up. Considering their history with coaches, I'm a little unsure why a top notch coach would want to go there. 2nd teir coaches don't survive in the SEC.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #309
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Not to nitpick, well, it is nitpicking I guess, but I thought Mallett went to high school on the good side of Texarkana.

Yep, but he is an Arkansas kid, family is from the Lincoln area (10 minutes from Fayetteville).

And to the earlier nonsense, you don't think Arkansas will ever do better than 3 losses in a season (Nutt's best year)? Heck we have undefeated seasons, national championships, etc. in our history. We can and will do better. This nonsense that a team should accept its mediocre place is just that. Nonsense. Usually spouted by fans of teams that think their place is at the top and no one should challenge. So if that's what you think, you can cram that nonsense. We aren't settling for .500 around here and an occassional time getting blown out in a non-BCS bowl.

And the problem with Mustain isn't so much that he didn't play him, it's how he was treated (seriously, this is a major issue that very few people outside of Arkansas know. Mustain wasn't just benched, he was harassed into transferring. And not because he was crying about playing time. That meeting that someone will bring up had nothing to do with that, but Nutt and Broyles sure told everyone that's what it was about, publically. Broyles has since admitted it had nothing to do with that). And we loved the Wildcat. It was great with McFadden at QB and Jones in motion. Fantastic. The problem was how much more potent our offense would be if we had ANY SEMBLANCE of a passing attack. Did you realize about half of the season this year, the reason we struggled so much (finished the year near worst in the country in sacks allowed) is because NO ONE ON OUR TEAM KNEW HOW TO PASS BLOCK? That is not an exaggeration.

I guess so the sum-total of the argument to keep the completely unprofessional, recruit harassing, lying, .500 conference record, bowl-game bomber is that:

1) Arkansas should know its place and accept that kind of crap job performance
2) The Wildcat is allsome
3) Nutt benched that little bastard Mustain

No, thanks.

Last edited by MJ4H : 12-04-2008 at 08:04 AM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #310
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just a little tidbit that I didn't realize until reading it last night
Richt now SEC dean | Athens Banner-Herald

Now that Auburn's Tommy Tuberville and Tennessee's Phillip Fulmer are out, Georgia coach Mark Richt has been at his school longer than any Southeastern Conference head football coach.

Tuberville's departure from Auburn on Wednesday was the 16th coaching change in the SEC since Richt's first season in 2001.

Richt, who is completing his eighth season in Athens, is 81-22 overall.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #311
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just reading some sites and it seems that there are three popular rumors for the new Auburn coach. I am posting moreso because I think it's funny, but of course all three rumors are from three schools fan bases not named Auburn:

1. Texas Tech fans say rumor is Mike Leach will be Auburns coach, with an announcement coming today.

2. Texas fans say rumor is Will Muschamp will be on his way home to Auburn, new contract be damned.

3. Alabama fans (go figure) say that Jimbo Fischer is working a deal now, where he gets full control ala Saban, to be the new HC.

I give the first scenario the most credence because I think Leach wants out, but he'd be better at UW. Muschamp coming back to Auburn makes sense, but if he signed that new deal, I am not sure how much a buyout would play a part in the choice, and the Fischer one is interesting because Bowden seems to never want to retire, but who really knows.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #312
MJ4H
Coordinator

Heard some Todd Graham rumors too but I think that would be a disaster for them.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #313
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I totally disagree with the list of supposed fired SEC coaches that were "unjustified." You need to note that every one of the schools the guys worked for improved dramatically once those coaches left (save Nutt. But his fire wasn't expectations as much as public relations). Even the Tubberville fire in the end makes sense. This wasn't his first strike. He's been on the brink of being fired in at least 3 different seasons, and has only saved his job each time by cleaning out his coaching staff and starting over. He goofed big time this year, and that was the final nail in the coffin.
David Cutcliffe.

Also, I'm skeptical that Auburn is going to improve themselves after Tuberville is gone.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #314
MJ4H
Coordinator

Cutcliffe is one of the few that come to mind that was puzzling to me. I don't pretend to know all of the facts, though.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #315
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Cutcliffe is one of the few that come to mind that was puzzling to me. I don't pretend to know all of the facts, though.

I'M SURE IT LOOKS THAT WAY FROM THE OUTSIDE, BUT YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!@@!

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #316
MJ4H
Coordinator

Maybe I don't.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #317
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
David Cutcliffe.

Also, I'm skeptical that Auburn is going to improve themselves after Tuberville is gone.

Cutcliffe was one I'd say was a silly fire, but wasn't on the list that someone put up earlier that had Donnan, Shula and Zook, all of which weren't questionable and all the teams improved after they left.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #318
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Mike Leach and Pat Hill have both withdrawn themselves from the Washington coaching search.

USC OC Steve Sarkisian interviewed last week, and rumors are that Oklahoma DC Brent Venables did as well.

Unless there's a secret candidate out there, it's looking like the UW is going to have to take a flier on a coordinator.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #319
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Mike Leach and Pat Hill have both withdrawn themselves from the Washington coaching search.

USC OC Steve Sarkisian interviewed last week, and rumors are that Oklahoma DC Brent Venables did as well.

Unless there's a secret candidate out there, it's looking like the UW is going to have to take a flier on a coordinator.

Pat Hill turned you down? Either U-Dub isn't offering nearly enough money or there's something ugly brewing at Montlake. I don't have any information at all about either, but how is UW not an upgrade over Fresno?
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #320
Tigercat
College Starter

I think coaches are going to be a little frightened about coaching in the state of Washington after the horrendous performance of both schools this past year. The season for both apple cup participants is bad enough to make any coach wonder "Can I really do well there?"
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #321
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:

Dola, this is the one SEC firing I can think of over the past 10 years that was truly driven by the overall fanbase with no sense of what reasonable expectations should be.

1) Ole Miss's internet fan base was calling foul because they were worried about recruiting. (Ole Miss fans didn't pay attention to the fact that guys like Tubberville were successful in the SEC without stellar year in and out recruiting. Ole Miss would also learn the hard way when Coach O could recruit his butt off but couldn't coach.)

2) Ole Miss fans at times just have an overinflated opinion of where they should be. The state of Mississippi does well in producing per capital talent, only behind Louisiana nation wide, but the population of Mississippi is still small, and Ole Miss has to compete with Miss St in state, not to mention a lot of people in Mississippi already have allegiances to LSU, Alabama, and Auburn. Ole Miss just doesn't have the resources to compete today with LSU and Alabama when those two programs are being competently run. Some Ole Miss fans forget that when they look back to the days of John Vaught.

Last edited by Tigercat : 12-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #322
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
Pat Hill turned you down? Either U-Dub isn't offering nearly enough money or there's something ugly brewing at Montlake. I don't have any information at all about either, but how is UW not an upgrade over Fresno?
Hill wanted the job. The issue was timing - he gave the UW a deadline of yesterday to offer him, and when they declined to do so he withdrew. He felt like he couldn't drag this issue out too long, and I don't blame him.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #323
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I think coaches are going to be a little frightened about coaching in the state of Washington after the horrendous performance of both schools this past year. The season for both apple cup participants is bad enough to make any coach wonder "Can I really do well there?"
I think it's less "Can I really do well there" - Washington has the resources and advantages to be a top tier Pac-10 team with a good coach in place. The issue is more "How long will it take to rebuild Washington, and will I be given the time necessary to do so?"
Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #324
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Steve Sarkisian would be a terrible hire for Washington, but I'll be glad to see him leave USC.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-04-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #325
bhlloy
Coordinator

Please take Sarkisian off our hands... unless he's 10 times better at being a head coach than he is at calling plays, you guys are screwed. His philosophy is to find what is working, and then call everything else in the playbook in a bizarre attempt to have a balanced, pro style attack.

Seriously, I challenge anyone to name a co-ordinator that consistently gets so little out of so much talent. With a top 20 defense this year instead of a top 3 defense, SC would have lost at least 3 games. And this is with 2 parade AA QB's, four five star running backs, a million highly rated receivers and an O-line that isn't as strong as it has been, but still has a lot of talent.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #326
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - pretty funny that EF27 and I posted that at the exact same time
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #327
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Hoxie? Seriously? A kid from Hoxie is one of the best in the state? What has Arkansas become?

Seriously, MJ4H, here's what you do. Go pick up Derek. Drive over to Jonesboro. He'll be impressed with Jonesboro in itself. Then you buy him dinner, take him to say, Ryan's. If you really want to impress him, take him to something more expensive like Outback. Then take him over to see the Arkansas State football stadium. Wow? Isn't that a BIG stadium? Much bigger than anything at Hoxie, huh? Then you immediately fly him...which is going to be tricky, I know, it's not like you can immediately fly him out of anywhere around there (maybe rent a helicopter!); fly him to Fayetteville. Make sure you point out all of the cool stuff between Jonesboro and Fayetteville. If you take the helicopter, land on your football field, otherwise just drive there and show him the field. Holy snikes, you'll have Derek in love with the Razorbacks in no time.

I kid you not.
Don't quote part of it and not the other, MJ. I'm serious. Help your team. Buy him a color TV.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #328
MJ4H
Coordinator

haha I honestly didn't even read that the first time
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #329
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If you really want to impress him, take him to something more expensive like Outback.

I kid you not.

"A 15 dollar steak? Who are you, Donald Trump?"
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #330
MJ4H
Coordinator

I don't even know where Hoxie is.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #331
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The thing that concerns me most about all the Sarkisian "love" here is that he was the guy considered (based on the blogosphere & such) that was so much better than Kiffin.

So was he just much much worse than expected? Or do they both, well, suck?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #332
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The thing that concerns me most about all the Sarkisian "love" here is that he was the guy considered (based on the blogosphere & such) that was so much better than Kiffin.

So was he just much much worse than expected? Or do they both, well, suck?

Personally, I believe Lane Kiffen was a much better coach/coordinator than Sarkasian has ever been. Kiffen was instrumental in the development of the college level success of Mike Williams, Steve Smith, and Jarrett. Kiffin was the offensive coordinator in 05 when USC had one of its best offensive years ever. I still think he may struggle as a head coach, but I'd love to have him back at USC as an offensive coordinator/coach again. On the other hand, Sarkasian has been much worse than expected and should be let go ASAP IMHO.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-04-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #333
General Mike
Pro Starter

I'm hearing Lou Holtz Jr. to Syracuse.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #334
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Personally, I believe Lane Kiffen was a much better coach/coordinator than Sarkasian has ever been. Kiffen was instrumental in the development of the college level success of Mike Williams, Steve Smith, and Jarrett. Kiffin was the offensive coordinator in 05 when USC had one of its best offensive years ever. I still think he may struggle as a head coach, but I'd love to have him back at USC as an offensive coordinator/coach again. On the other hand, Sarkasian has been much worse than expected and should be let go ASAP IMHO.

Agreed. I think hopes were high for Sark because of the QB's he's developed, and I still think he's a great positional coach. But his playcalling is complete trash.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #335
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You want to know what really says a lot about Sarkisian's skills as an OC? I want him to STAY at USC.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #336
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Im hoping Tommy Bowden, Rob Spence and Vic koening reunite and and take their traveling church service to another school together....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AUBURN
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #337
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Read on the Knoxville News Sentinel site that Chavis may go to Clemson.

I wish we still had Chavis.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #338
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Read on the Knoxville News Sentinel site that Chavis may go to Clemson.

I wish we still had Chavis.

Yea, the new LSU rumors are that Miles has gone after Koenning instead of Chavis. We will find out soon, supposedly Miles has the new DC, whoever it is, signed up as of tonight.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #339
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ESPN - New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone interviews for Syracuse job

New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Doug Marrone has interviewed for the head coaching position at Syracuse University, two sources told ESPN.com.

Marrone interviewed with Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross late last week and remains a candidate for the job that came open when Greg Robinson was fired.

Marrone has deep ties to Syracuse, where he was a three-year letterman in the 1980s. He returned there to finish his degree in 1991. Marrone also reportedly could be a candidate for the offensive coordinator job at the University of Tennessee but is waiting to see what happens with the Syracuse job.

Marrone joined the Saints when coach Sean Payton took over in 2006. In that season, New Orleans offense was ranked No. 1 in the league for the first time in franchise history. This season, the New Orleans passing game has ranked near the top of the NFL.

Marrone, who played briefly in the NFL, was an assistant for the New York Jets from 2002 through 2005. He was an assistant at several college programs, including Georgia and Georgia Tech, before that.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #340
Poli
FOFC Survivor

NM, i should read the whole post.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #341
st.cronin
General Manager

Apparently it is Sarkasian at UW:

ESPN - Sources: USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian gets Washington job

And am I alone in picking up a strong scent of BS at this comment from Auburn AD:

Quote:
Jacobs said he and the president agreed to pay Tuberville the buyout price of $5.1 million -- even though it was not required since he wasn't fired -- because they felt it was "the right thing to do."

knives out
Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #342
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #343
sooner333
College Starter

Yeah, if that's true, the Auburn AD and President ought to be fired immediately.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #344
st.cronin
General Manager

Fired? Hell, they should probably be jailed.

knives out
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #345
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Apparently it is Sarkasian at UW:

ESPN - Sources: USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian gets Washington job

And am I alone in picking up a strong scent of BS at this comment from Auburn AD:

Well, at least Washington will still suck.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #346
bhlloy
Coordinator

FWIW, Sarkisian is denying the ESPN report that he will be the next head coach, although he is now admitting interviewing for the job. I'm sure it's just a case of contract details to be ironed out or a background check to be completed, but it's still interesting that he flat out denied it rather than the usual "no comment"

If Sark does go, Carl Smith is the odds on favorite to take over. A solid if unspectacular choice - over 25 years of NFL coaching experience (10 as an OC) In fact I quite like the idea of having a really experienced guy there after Kiffin and Sarkisian. I think his Jag teams of a couple of years ago ran the ball a lot and pretty well, which will be a welcome change.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #347
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Wow.

I guess this is what Washington has sunk to after the Ty error - they have to take a big risk on a coordinator.

I'm just stunned. I'm having a hard time believing that if they'd waved $3M per in front of guys like Kyle Whittingham or Chris Peterson that they couldn't have gotten a "yes" in response. Instead, they go cheap and grab a coordinator that could have himself carried all the way to Seattle by relieved Trojan fans happy to be rid of him.

I guess I have no choice but to hope that the UW made the right choice in passing on Mike Leach for Steve Sarkisian, and that this big gamble will pay off.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #348
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
FWIW, Sarkisian is denying the ESPN report that he will be the next head coach, although he is now admitting interviewing for the job. I'm sure it's just a case of contract details to be ironed out or a background check to be completed, but it's still interesting that he flat out denied it rather than the usual "no comment"

If Sark does go, Carl Smith is the odds on favorite to take over. A solid if unspectacular choice - over 25 years of NFL coaching experience (10 as an OC) In fact I quite like the idea of having a really experienced guy there after Kiffin and Sarkisian. I think his Jag teams of a couple of years ago ran the ball a lot and pretty well, which will be a welcome change.
It's Sarkisian. The UW and Sark are holding off on confirming it until after Saturday for whatever reason. Expect the press conference on Sunday.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #349
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Yeah, if that's true, the Auburn AD and President ought to be fired immediately.

I wonder what the game is there? The AD is directly denying they asked him to resign, and said he was shocked when Tommy called him. The only thing I can think of is that Tommy was being forced out by Lauder and company, and the university is paing the by-out to save face and not look like they have lost control of their boosters. Yet, it actually makes them look worse. IDK.

Then again, maybe it is a signal to the next guy. "Even if you are forced out by the boosters, we'll still pay you." Strange stuff.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #350
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just read a report (lost the link) that Boises Chris Peterson may be headed for Mississippi State. Talk about interesting.