Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #251
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
he threw no picks (You listening Philip Rivers?)

6 TDs and 1 INT for the year. Even if he can't throw for 50% passing, he has the presence of mind to not hurt his team.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #252
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
6 TDs and 1 INT for the year. Even if he can't throw for 50% passing, he has the presence of mind to not hurt his team.

Indeed. I'm willing to forgive tipped balls that get picked or balls that were in a receivers hands and it bounced into a defenders, but, Philip really needs to pull his head out of his butt. He's making rookie type mistakes.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #253
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yes, but what does merril hoge think? he is the ultimate arbiter of football potential.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #254
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
yes, but what does merril hoge think? he is the ultimate arbiter of football potential.

Ah yes, Merril Hoge, exhibit A why giving a live mic to people with a history of head injuries isn't really always a great idea.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #255
Rizon
Pro Starter

Hey, Rivers and Hoge can get their own threads! This is the TEBOW thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tebowing.jpg (43.2 KB, 358 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #256
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think we should discuss more how awesome the Detroit Lions defense must be for handing Tebow his one and only loss so far this season and in such an embarassing fashion.

Go Lions!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #257
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
He's making rookie type mistakes.

He has the mentality of a punk kid. People who say they would draft him as a QB to build around just make me shake my head. If your list of top QBs includes Rivers, the list is too long.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #258
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
He has the mentality of a punk kid. People who say they would draft him as a QB to build around just make me shake my head. If your list of top QBs includes Rivers, the list is too long.

+1

QB Rankings:

Aaron Rogers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
The rest
Tony Romo
A one armed man
A random blind guy
Tim Tebow
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #259
SteveMax58
College Starter

I'm still trying to find all of those guys that wanted to draft him & build a franchise around him that aren't named Josh McDaniels so that we can find them and tell them they are wrong.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #260
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I wonder how Josh McDaniels would feel about a straight-up Tebow-for-Bradford trade?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #261
Rizon
Pro Starter

who better passer

tebow or merril hoge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #262
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
who better passer

tebow or merril hoge

This one's easy....Hoge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #263
tarcone
Coordinator

2-1

Tebow ranks up there with the all time QBs in win %.
Brady .768
Staubach .739
Montana .713
Roethlisberger .708
McMahon .691
Manning .678
Bradshaw .677
Tebow .667

He just wins.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #264
TroyF
Coordinator

Take this for what it's worth: My opinion of yesterday's game:

Tebow was 10-21 mainly because of shovel passes. 4 of his completions were off of either screens or shovels. Take those out and he's 6-17.

That said, I don't think people have talked enough about three things:

1) Despite being hit on every drop back in the first half, he didn't take a sack until the second half.

2) His passing in the third quarter was terrific. He looked a lot more comfortable and made some very solid throws all quarter long.

3) His running freed up McGahee. The read optioin play worked because the Raiders were undisciplined (imagine that). They took their eyes off of the RB and paid the price.

----------------------------------------------------

He improved and I think that's the goal, right? IF we took away the Tebow hype and just pretended he was an ordinary starting QB, we'd all be looking to see if there was improvement from game to game. Well, he showed that. He didn't show that he can be a great NFL QB or even an average one. He did play well enough to get another start and this should really put to rest the people who think he's the worst QB of all time.

In the last 17 games Kyle Orton started, the Broncos went 4-13. Tebow has now started 6 games and his record is 3-3. He may not be good, but I've seen worse.

Oh, and Knowshon Moreno? Have fun looking for work this offseason. People want to bash McDaniels for the Tebow pick. Fine, I can live with that. But what about Ayers and Moreno? He took Moreno over Orakpo, Cushing or Josh Freeman. He took both Moreno and Ayers over the previously mentioned guys and Maclin, Harvin, Mathews, Nicks or Britt.

Ugh.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #265
SteveMax58
College Starter

I'd say he's off to a better start than this guy so far.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2004 23 NYG qb 10 9 7 1-6-0 95 197 48.2 1043 6 3.0 9 4.6 52 5.3 3.8 11.0 115.9 55.4 13 83 4.6 3.2 6.2 1 1 0
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #266
Galaxy
Coordinator

I like how Bill Maher attacked this guy last in in his Republican-rant.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #267
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I like how Bill Maher attacked this guy last in in his Republican-rant.

Bill Maher is a hack and a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #268
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

par for the course with maher. it's cheap and easy and speaks to the subtext of a lot of the tebow criticism which is, 'haha southern christians your white knight stinks. where is your God now?'
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #269
gkb
High School Varsity

First for some quotes from Coach Fox on Tebow from this interview.

Quote:
"So what exactly is the Foxy way?" I asked.

Emphasis added by me.

Quote:
"Do whatever the hell it takes," he laughed. "I mean, what the hell? You don't get points for style in this league. Let me tell you something: My man is really good in this offense. You know what I mean?
"If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

Quote:
"What he [Tamba Hali] does against conventional teams is rush the passer. Well, we don't have a passer. We have a runner. Not to say he can't pass at all, but we're recognizing his strengths."

So which side are you taking on:
  • Tebow over/under 100 yards passing tonight?
  • Tebow over/under 100 yards rushing tonight?
  • Tebow over/under 15 passes attempted tonight?
  • Tebow over/under 45% passes completed tonight?

I'm not sure how much tonights game is going to tell us about Tebow and the Broncos. If they do well, the Jets have plenty of reasons for playing poorly.

They had the late Sunday night game, a big division one for them and got thumped by the Patriots. So this might have been a let down game anyway, but if they lose tonight I'm not sure they'll make the playoffs. The rest of their schedule is pretty soft, but they'd have to run the table and finish 11-5.

If the Broncos lose, well ... maybe this offense just works again divisional opponents and teams that have fewer than one win. It'll be interesting to see what the Broncos do in third-and-long situations tonight.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #270
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, looking at the AFC West, Winning out is probably NOT a requirement to win the West and make the playoffs. :P
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #271
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Yeah, looking at the AFC West, Winning out is probably NOT a requirement to win the West and make the playoffs. :P

The AFC West is bad. I'm wondering if we're going to get another 7-9 team hosting a playoff game.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #272
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

On paper this seems like an awful matchup for the Broncos.

The Jets have 3 stud corners so they should be able to man up and bring an extra defender in the box which will essentially force the Broncos into trying to pass. This is going to be a huge problem as I dont see the Broncos WRs being good enough to get open against these Jet corners and even if they did get open would Tebow even be able to get them the ball?

It is the NFL so anything can happen but on paper this seems like the biggest mismatch of the year.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #273
JediKooter
Coordinator

The Broncos are too much of an enigma to try and figure out. They score 30 something against the Raiders, but, the Chargers could only score 17 against the Raiders...with a NFL quarterback. All I know is, the Broncos have been winning and that's all that counts.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #274
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

John Fox is totally setting this up. Tebow is going to throw the ball 35 times tonight. I mean, he's only going to complete 6 passes and add on 4 interceptions, but he'll throw it 35 times. You heard it here first.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #275
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
John Fox is totally setting this up. Tebow is going to throw the ball 35 times tonight. I mean, he's only going to complete 6 passes and add on 4 interceptions, but he'll throw it 35 times. You heard it here first.

They wont have a choice. The Jets wont let the Broncos beat them by running it and they are good enough to stop it.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #276
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
On paper this seems like an awful matchup for the Broncos.

The Jets have 3 stud corners so they should be able to man up and bring an extra defender in the box which will essentially force the Broncos into trying to pass. This is going to be a huge problem as I dont see the Broncos WRs being good enough to get open against these Jet corners and even if they did get open would Tebow even be able to get them the ball?

It is the NFL so anything can happen but on paper this seems like the biggest mismatch of the year.

The Broncos are definitely tough to figure out. I'm not sure having 3 stud corners helps all that much. I know teams want Tebow to throw, but honestly I'm not sure Coach Fox is going to let him. He had 8 pass attempts last week...and you're right, even if the receivers were open there's a chance Tebow would still not complete the pass.

Mark Schelerth was on Mike-and-Mike this morning talking about Tebow in training camp practicing against "air". They'd run 5 pass plays with no defenders and he was still only completing 2 of 5.

I'm not much of a Tebow fan, but I do like winning (especially against the Raiders). I will admit that having him at QB has raised my interest in the team from all-time lows.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #277
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

After reading the entire article that gkb linked, I think John Fox's comments make a little more sense to me. When he says that the Broncos don't have a passer but they have a runner, he's just saying that Tamba Hali has to play defense differently because the guy taking the snap has to be treated as another runner. A defensive lineman - especially a pass rusher - can't just look at the backfield and see a halfback, a fullback, and a passer. He can't go on a full-force pass rush because those are all runners back there.

I'm glad to see that John Fox is changing the offense to suit his quarterback. It would make zero sense to force Tebow into the kind of offense that Orton was playing in. If you're going to play Tebow, use his strengths. Sure, it changes the responsibilities of the offensive linemen, but it's not like their old tactic was winning games anyway. Tebow's strengths as a runner and his familiarity with the read option cancel out the learning curve of the linemen, especially when some of these defenders haven't had to play against this kind of offense in years

I didn't really want Tebow starting, and he's still a question mark to me, but if he's going to be playing, John Fox is doing it the right way.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #278
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
I didn't really want Tebow starting, and he's still a question mark to me, but if he's going to be playing, John Fox is doing it the right way.

I was mad at you after your Bar comment, but now I kind of feel like we should set up a meeting in Outlook, maybe go bowling afterwards. I agree with everything you wrote.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #279
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Get a room.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #280
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
I was mad at you after your Bar comment, but now I kind of feel like we should set up a meeting in Outlook, maybe go bowling afterwards. I agree with everything you wrote.
Then we can invite Bar to come wrestle with us. Love it.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #281
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I am rooting for the kid. Have been from the start. Have no idea if he will succeed, but I love when haters heads explode.

"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 11-17-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #282
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, he has 187 career pass attempts and has 4 total interceptions. Of course, he's never seen a defense like this. I have no idea what happens tonight. It's literally all on the table. I could see 10 sacks, three turnovers, 100 total yards and a shutout for the Jets. I could see Tebow hitting them for a long one early causing the Jets to back off and have a close game.

I think it's much more likely that the first happens, but stranger things have heppened.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #283
britrock88
Pro Starter

And there's the last-minute game-winning TD drive and run.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #284
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
And there's the last-minute game-winning TD drive and run.

All he does is win
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #285
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

No one can figure out Tim Tebow.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #286
tarcone
Coordinator

TE-BOW! TE-BOW!
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #287
Grover
Pro Starter

Once again religious extremists inflict damage upon New York.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #288
Senator

religious extremists? In the end, I think that is what ppl hate most about Tebow. They used to do that to Warner as well.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #289
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
religious extremists? In the end, I think that is what ppl hate most about Tebow. They used to do that to Warner as well.
Plus his wife had a crew cut. Similar to Tebow...hmmm.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #290
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I hate all the media about him more than anything. So he's in touch with God, good for him.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #291
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Plus his wife had a crew cut. Similar to Tebow...hmmm.

Its a conspiracy dammit ! They are all in this together.....
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #292
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
  • Tebow over/under 100 yards passing tonight? OVER
  • Tebow over/under 100 yards rushing tonight? UNDER
  • Tebow over/under 15 passes attempted tonight? OVER
  • Tebow over/under 45% passes completed tonight? PUSH

Code:
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs T. Tebow 9 20 104 0 Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs T. Tebow 8 68 8.5 1
Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #293
britrock88
Pro Starter

There's got to be some kind of ancillary reward for the push on a 45% completion rate...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #294
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

No, in the end that is what ppl LOVE most about Tebow. I saw a sign last night that said "our QB is faster than your Jet." However, the word QB had angel's wings and a halo around it.

A fucking halo. Give me a fucking break.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #295
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I saw this tweet last night: "Revis may live on an island, but our QB walks on water."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #296
Senator

Just as silly and wrong. Remember Chariots of Fire? The real Eric Liddell was an athlete whose performance was directly tied to his unquestioned faith in God. He ran unconventionally, head rolled back, arms all over the place, everything every great coach was saying was impossible to be successful. But he won an Olympic medal and set a world record in an event he was least expected to do well in and on the outside lane.
People continually debated his technique and his faith. One side said it was the only reason for his success, the other side said it was just a coincidence and he was just a unique talent.

Just some quotes from the movie, (and taken from his own ministry explains the Christian athletes thought process and to me explains Tebow and his.

Liddell:" You came to see a race today. To see someone win. It happened to be me. But I want you to do more than just watch a race. I want you to take part in it. I want to compare faith to running in a race. It's hard. It requires concentration of will, energy of soul. You experience elation when the winner breaks the tape - especially if you've got a bet on it. But how long does that last? You go home. Maybe you're dinner's burnt. Maybe you haven't got a job. So who am I to say, "Believe, have faith," in the face of life's realities? I would like to give you something more permanent, but I can only point the way. I have no formula for winning the race. Everyone runs in her own way, or his own way. And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within. Jesus said, "Behold, the Kingdom of God is within you. If with all your hearts, you truly seek me, you shall ever surely find me." If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run a straight race."

Liddell: "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

At one great point in the movie, the royalty of England try to make Liddell run on Sunday. (This never happened but the Duke explains why it was important they lost the debate with Liddell)

Duke of Sutherland: A sticky moment, George.
Lord Birkenhead: Thank God for Lindsay. I thought the lad had us beaten.
Duke of Sutherland: He did have us beaten, and thank God he did.
Lord Birkenhead: I don't quite follow you.
Duke of Sutherland: The "lad", as you call him, is a true man of principles and a true athlete. His speed is a mere extension of his life, its force. We sought to sever his running from himself.
Lord Birkenhead: For his country's sake, yes.
Duke: No sake is worth that, least of all a guilty national pride.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #297
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Football is, at heart, entertaining.

And I find Tebow entertaining. I have no idea if he is good or not, but I like watching that offense at an NFL level.

Basically, I made a point of watching the game last night. If Kyle Orton was playing, I would not have made time for it. Nothing against Kyle Orton, but I've seen that before. Tebow? Not so much.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #298
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That's what the NFL is missing and why I've become such a college football fan the past decade or so. I like the variety. 32 flavors of vanilla gets boring after a while.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-18-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #299
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm on board the Tebow wagon after watching only the final five minutes and the post game interview last night. The only reason I tuned in was to see what the fuss was about.

I think Tebow haters are probably glass is half empty type people or just want to hate on someone for their beliefs. I'm not religious at all, but this guy is like Tony Robbins with athletic talent. Who cares about the basis for that charisma? You can tell his teammates love him by the sideline reactions after the game winning drive.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #300
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This crap is C-Razy. Tebow is more Micheal Vick than Micheal Vick.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote