Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #251
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawIsDan View Post
No, the 08 PC version has Coach Mode, but for some assinine reason they don't give us the Sideline Cam unless you watch a CPU vs CPU game.

I think there is a mod for cameras at EAmods.com, not 100% though.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #252
RawIsDan
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I think there is a mod for cameras at EAmods.com, not 100% though.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go check, and see if they have it.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #253
rowech
Pro Starter

I've now played 3 games borrowing it from someone and love the gameplay. Anyone dig into the franchise mode far enough to know what kind of problems exist there?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #254
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if anyone comes across a site where they're doing 08 roster mods for madden 07 (PC) can you just PM me the URL?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #255
Logan
Head Coach

It really bothers me that you can't make formation subs, which could then be saved.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #256
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Damn it, so I go to Best Buy and buy Madden 08 for the PC. Get home try to install the game and it looks like I got a bad CD. It refuses to install, I keep getting random errors.

I check a couple other programs I have and they still install fine. Stupid.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #257
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

There are some games that have a ton of INT's, but for some reason I'm finding the game rather fun to play.

Finally, I can run off a few games rather quickly.. again I LOVE the pace of the game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
There are some games that have a ton of INT's, but for some reason I'm finding the game rather fun to play.

Finally, I can run off a few games rather quickly.. again I LOVE the pace of the game.

Yeah, I'm finding that some games are INT heavy and some aren't. I just had one preseason game where I didn't pick off Delhomme or Carr at all, but I had another with 5 INT's (even with sliders). Still the game is fun, and even with 9 minute quarters, I'm getting through games in a reasonable amount of time.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #259
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yeah, I'm finding that some games are INT heavy and some aren't. I just had one preseason game where I didn't pick off Delhomme or Carr at all, but I had another with 5 INT's (even with sliders). Still the game is fun, and even with 9 minute quarters, I'm getting through games in a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah, I'm using default sliders and I have had games where there was only 2 or 3 INT's.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I wish the ability to load highlights was in Madden. Just had an awesome play where Batch shook off my defender's sack attempt only to get absolutely drilled by another pair of defenders (high and low) and it was just a great looking animation.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #261
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I wish the ability to load highlights was in Madden. Just had an awesome play where Batch shook off my defender's sack attempt only to get absolutely drilled by another pair of defenders (high and low) and it was just a great looking animation.

Same here. I pulled off a patented leap with Brian Leonard that I'd love to share.

Last edited by Logan : 08-17-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #262
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I've only played 7 or 8 games so far, but I really enjoy the play. It really feels like a challenge and I actually feel like I am earning every yard that I get. To me it plays more like a real game of football. It is hard to describe but the best way I can put it is that I feel like the choices I make, such as choosing the right play for the situation has a real effect as opposed to picking the right play that works just because it is a "money" play. I feel more like I am actually playing rather then exploiting the engine, if that makes sense.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #263
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not too impressed with the PC version of the game. The running game is slightly improved...which is to say that when running to the outside behind pulling linemen they sometimes block someone rather than watching the LBs run right past them. Beyond that I haven't seen any add-on gang tackling, and I haven't seen any receivers with any better sideline awareness than last year's version. I still have all of the crazy receptions where receivers take giant steps to make sure they bring the second foot down out of bounds.

It also looks like they might have broken the accelerated clock. I turned it on, but both teams seem to leave the huddle with 38 seconds on the play clock and snap the ball with 34 seconds on the clock.

The superstar mode has the same annoying double-speed action when your player isn't in the game, but the clock runs at normal speed.

I have seen a few more penalties, which is good, but I still see way too many passes completed over the top of defenders. Liberal use of the long-ball is still a good way to win games.

Default all-pro sliders will probably need to be tuned as well. The defense awareness is still such that LBs will always be in the way to intercept a bullet pass while safeties will all converge to knock down a lob pass. It would be nice if there was something between a bullet and a lob. A touch pass would be nice where there is just enough air to go over the LB but not so much that everybody can get under the lob.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 AM   #264
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
It would be nice if there was something between a bullet and a lob. A touch pass would be nice where there is just enough air to go over the LB but not so much that everybody can get under the lob.

There is a pass like that and it usually gets you the best timing on your longer routes.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #265
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I threw a bomb to Torry Holt last night and he leaps up and catches it with one hand, he's off balance so he comes down backwards into the endzone... the animation was great. I watched the replay about 15 times.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I threw a bomb to Torry Holt last night and he leaps up and catches it with one hand, he's off balance so he comes down backwards into the endzone... the animation was great. I watched the replay about 15 times.

Cool. I think despite the interception problem, this version of Madden might have the best balance for the long pass, yet. From practicing fly routes a bunch of times and trying them in the game, it just feels right. Usually, it is knocked down, occasionally picked off (most of the picks I'm seeing are on short slants and across the middle), and occasionally the guy catches it. Curtis has great speed, but his hands are just decent and he also seems to drop quite a few deep balls, but when he and McNabb connect, it is a thing of beauty
Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #267
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cool. I think despite the interception problem, this version of Madden might have the best balance for the long pass, yet. From practicing fly routes a bunch of times and trying them in the game, it just feels right. Usually, it is knocked down, occasionally picked off (most of the picks I'm seeing are on short slants and across the middle), and occasionally the guy catches it. Curtis has great speed, but his hands are just decent and he also seems to drop quite a few deep balls, but when he and McNabb connect, it is a thing of beauty

Agreed on the interceptions over the middle. You have to do it but man, I cringe everytime I throw anything across the middle. Most passes to the outside, if they aren't complete only get knocked down.

Using Palmer and Chad Johnson gives the same feeling. I've hooked up with them twice for long TDs. Once was just a bomb that he caught. The other he ended up getting a drag across the field and the right side of the field cleared out for him after the catch. There was no catching him from that point on.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #268
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

For the first time in any Madden game, matchups mean EVERYTHING. Let me see Torry Holt one on one in a matchup and the safety pinching in too close and I'm looking for him long.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #269
Logan
Head Coach

I realize that this is an insanely stupid complaint, but it really bothers me that they put the referee in the middle of the field, facing an end zone, when he signals a penalty call. So when he points at the offense or defense, he's pointing at the sidelines. Just turn the fucking guy!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #270
Logan
Head Coach

Once again, why no replay saves?!?! I just pulled off my greatest punt return for a TD in my personal video game history. Broken tackles, weaving around defenders, cutting back across the field...damn.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #271
Philliesfan980
Banned

So is this game worth getting a 360 for? I've been on the sidelines for quite awhile because of the overall mediocre titles that have been out for the 360 at this point.

edit:

Has anyone put the franchise mode for a test drive yet? Any major issues (unrealstic stats, broken trades, bad drafting, depth chart problems, lack of subs, etc)? I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 08-18-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #272
saldana
Pro Starter

played 3 games last night (xbox360)...one game was classic madden nonsense where no matter what i did, there was no way i was going to win the game and the ravens kicked a 53 yard field goal to win the game after back to back interceptions by carson palmer,...the other was a very hard fought win with the bengals against the patriots, which featured a fantastic chad johnson catch to get just inside the pylon, and the last was a completely ridiculous loss to the chiefs featuring the most annoying thing in Madden, imo, the punt returner fumbling after running 5 yards, and a lineman from the kicking team running it back into the endzone, while none of my team even came down field. that came also featured a 90 yard TD reception by tony gonzalez which had him beat 2 of my corners in a flat out sprint for the last 50 yards down the field without them gaining any ground on him.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #273
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
So is this game worth getting a 360 for? I've been on the sidelines for quite awhile because of the overall mediocre titles that have been out for the 360 at this point.

edit:

Has anyone put the franchise mode for a test drive yet? Any major issues (unrealstic stats, broken trades, bad drafting, depth chart problems, lack of subs, etc)? I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

I toyed with the franchise mode a bit. People say there's a problem with DB interceptions...I'm not sure if its there are not. The top guys ended up with around 12. The QBs don't tend to throw nearly as many interceptions in franchise simmed games as they do during actual game play. I think all but three of the starting QBs had less than 15 interceptions. Yards per carry during simmed franchise games also runs a bit high. Stat wise, everything's very liveable...not perfect but I don't think anyone can totally flip out over it.

Trade wise, I like the setup they have now. Very conducive to shopping a player and at the same time receiving offers for those players. In addition, you can see easily what other teams are putting up for trades.

Drafting is fairly basic but as always is fun. You have to do scouting throughout the season on players to prepar yourself for the draft. Also enjoyable. The draft AI has fallen under some criticism. It seems as if they can't fill a need with a player who is higher than their current player at that position, they simply draft the best available player regardless of position and then fill their other needs through free agency or trades. It's not hateful so long as the computer teams do exchange guys in trades to balance things out.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #274
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

edit:

The game is fun, but the franchise mode still has major flaws.. the draft logic is dubious, the interception glitch where all DB's simmed interceptions are doubled is still in the game. That being said, I'm supersimming games which takes care of the interception glitch. I'm only into week 2 of my franchise, but it looks like stats still won't be very good even with supersim. QB's aren't throwing enough INT's with supersim early in the season. As far as the draft logic, I'm controlling all teams and will be drafting for each team trying to fill their needs best while factoring in best player available..

All of that being said, if you like games besides sports games, there are quite a few other great games out for the 360 and a few more coming out in the next few months.

Edit to add: Supersimming a week's worth of games takes me about 30 minutes, so there is a bit of a time committment to that workaround.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-18-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #275
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I toyed with the franchise mode a bit. People say there's a problem with DB interceptions...I'm not sure if its there are not. The top guys ended up with around 12. The QBs don't tend to throw nearly as many interceptions in franchise simmed games as they do during actual game play. I think all but three of the starting QBs had less than 15 interceptions. Yards per carry during simmed franchise games also runs a bit high. Stat wise, everything's very liveable...not perfect but I don't think anyone can totally flip out over it.

Trade wise, I like the setup they have now. Very conducive to shopping a player and at the same time receiving offers for those players. In addition, you can see easily what other teams are putting up for trades.

Drafting is fairly basic but as always is fun. You have to do scouting throughout the season on players to prepar yourself for the draft. Also enjoyable. The draft AI has fallen under some criticism. It seems as if they can't fill a need with a player who is higher than their current player at that position, they simply draft the best available player regardless of position and then fill their other needs through free agency or trades. It's not hateful so long as the computer teams do exchange guys in trades to balance things out.

Thanks for your input. All in all, it sounds perfectly livable.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It is definitely livable, and the on field action is fun. With sliders (defensive awareness at 40, knockdowns at 90, QB accuracy up to 70 for the CPU, and interceptions at 0), I'm getting 0 to 2 interceptions with the Eagles defense in the last 3 games, and I had one other game with 3 (by Favre.) The onfield gameplay is fun.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-18-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #277
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if Madden is a 360 system seller, but damn the fun is back for me as I think I've played more games so far than the last 2 versions combined.

I haven't started a franchise yet, because I'm still learning the game... but I will say I've seen some amazing animations and I'm quite impressed overall thus far.

Now BIOSHOCK and NHL 08 would definitely sell the system for me. If you don't like FPS games, too bad.. because I've never picked a demo apart so much as I have BIOSHOCK. Football will take a back seat when I get this game in the near future.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #278
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

edit:

If you are getting it just for the franchise mode, I'd pass. There are a lot of flaws in it. Here's a list of the ones I've seen:

-Interceptions aren't counted correctly for DBs on the computer. Allows them to develop DBs much faster.
-QB sim stats are horrible. You'll have 10-15 guys with QB ratings over 100 and almost all of them under 10 picks for the season. Very tough to make the pro bowl, win awards, or develop as fast as the CPU. In 5 years, almost every starting QB is in the 90's.
-Salary cap increases every year but not the offers from the CPU. Means after a few years, you can outbid everyone and build a dream team since they won't come anywhere near the cap.
-Roster management is still a bit screwy. They still give a huge emphasis to younger players and you'll see veteran QBs benched for a rookie with 10-15 point less ratings.

There are a bunch of other little flaws, but the ones above are tough to play with. It's good for a couple seasons, but gets way too easy. Maybe if you have a bunch of friends who are in it with you it's better. I've read that supersimming every game can fix the stat/development problems, but I just don't have the time to do that.

If you're playing against friends though, it's a real fun game. You'll get annoyed with the fumbling but learn to run out of bounds a lot. Still real fun head to head.

Last edited by RainMaker : 08-18-2007 at 04:31 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #279
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
There is a pass like that and it usually gets you the best timing on your longer routes.

For the PC version? I've tried playing with the length of time I hold down the pass button and it seems like a bullet or a lob. Am I missing something?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #280
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FYI for those planning on going the supersim route for Franchise stats:

While most of the stats look decent to good, it creates another problem. Way too many players get 2-3 sacks per week. After 1 week, I have 15 guys with 3 sacks and another dozen with 2 sacks. A guy on OS who is in week 3 reports players already have 10 sacks. Seeing that info, I've given up on my supersim experiment and will just accept QB's hardly throwing any INT's in simmed games and DB's getting double credit. Hopefully, a patch comes out sometime soon for this.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #281
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Hopefully, a patch comes out sometime soon for this.

LOL
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
LOL

Hey, I'm allowed to dream.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #283
Kodos
Resident Alien

Finding out the Supersim trick doesn't actually produce good results at least frees you from a really cumbersome solution.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #284
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

roster updates for 360

Would I be safe in assuming EA will have accurate rosters out on live after final cuts or at least for opening day?

I don't have a gold membership but plan on getting a one month card to get the update. Yeah, 8 bucks at WM but cheaper than a memory card and transfer kit.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #285
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Bill Abner took some of the Madden reviews to the woodshed in this op-ed. He's not happy with the blatent miss by many reviewers of many of the problems in the Madden 08 game.....

http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/2007...-coolness.html
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #286
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking 10 min quarters on Pro is working quite well for me.

I feel weird not playing on AP, but the game has been quite challenging on Pro thus far. Just had a shootout against the Bengals and the game just felt perfect on those settings.

I guess I'm not a BALLER.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-19-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #287
sabotai
General Manager

I've had about the opposite reaction to the game that many of you had. After about a day, I'm about to toss the game already. I haven't even gotten to the point of worrying about the sim stats because the on-field action is so incredibly unrealistic. Human begins can not change the direction they are running at a 90 degree angle at full speed. It's not possible, and I'm seeing it on every single play. It's strange because it hasn't been this way in Madden since the Genesis days, and it seems like all they did to make the game play faster was rip out some of the physics constrants.

In the game I just played, GB ran for a TD on me and to avoid the would be tacklers, he just zig-zagged passed them at full speed. In the same game, on a kick off return, I ran into the middle of the wedge, saw a void to my left so just pressed left on the analog stick and my guy made a perfect 90 degree cut at full speed to avoid the rest of the coverage and took it for a score. This game was on PRO, but I've been seeing the same at ALL-PRO.

I can deal with high INT numbers and bad sim stats. It's been that way for awhile. But this is just terrible game play. I've played most of the Madden versions for the last several years, and so far this has been by far the worst.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #288
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I'm dreaming with ya brother! I'm also more of a glass half empty kinda guy...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #289
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Also, there's a patch on the way! Unfortunately, it's focused on online play, not dynasty play.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1712.html
Quote:

Madden NFL 08 has enjoyed some great critical acclaim, but it has also suffered from a lesser PS3 version and some significant online issues (especially on the Wii). But at least EA is addressing one of those issues with an upcoming patch; the patch will help to resolve any outstanding online problems.
“Now that Madden NFL 08 is available, the development team at EA is doing some tweaking to make sure our online experience is as smooth as possible. Since there is currently a high volume of people playing online, this is the best time for us to monitor and maximize the experience. As updates are taking place over the next 24 hours, some fans may experience an interruption in online play. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience as we make the necessary updates.”
It’s too bad the PS3 version ended up lacking, but we can still play online and have a blast, right? We don’t know when this patch will become available, but we’ll be sure to let you know when it arrives. It’ll certainly fix and perhaps even streamline your online Madden NFL 08 experience.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #290
Groundhog
Coordinator

I am such a sucker. Put a $10 pre-order deposit down on the 360 version of Madden on Saturday. It's released over here on Thursday.

Last Madden I bought was 04 on the PC.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #291
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
Also, there's a patch on the way! Unfortunately, it's focused on online play, not dynasty play.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1712.html

They could patch the turnover problems and just not announce it publicly. I seem to remember them or 2K releasing a patch for something that ended up fixing gameplay issues also.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #292
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
They could patch the turnover problems and just not announce it publicly. I seem to remember them or 2K releasing a patch for something that ended up fixing gameplay issues also.

2K released a roster update for NBA 2K7 and there's no question that it also improved the gameplay by a longshot.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #293
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Bill Abner took some of the Madden reviews to the woodshed in this op-ed. He's not happy with the blatent miss by many reviewers of many of the problems in the Madden 08 game.....

http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/2007...-coolness.html

Did I miss something, or did he just talk about one thing (high turnovers) in his article? I was ready for a great piece, but he didn't really say anything.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #294
Bee
Pro Starter

I broke down and picked up Madden 08 to continue my Campus Legend careers. I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed in Madden 08. Here's some of my issues with the game:

1. Way too many fumbles. People complained about NCAA 08 and it didn't really bother me, but in Madden I'm seeing tons more than I did in NCAA 08.
2. 3rd round draft pick. Every import I did was a 3rd rounder, including a RB who was a 97 overall. Is anything else even possible?
3. The aforementioned RB was drafted by da Bears, who went on to give up 3 straight 250+ yard rushing games. Granted one of them was against LT, but still it's the Bears. (And number of total plays is coming in around 120 per game, so it's not due to too many rushes IMO). I got pretty reasonable results in NCAA without making a lot of adjustments, but it looks like Madden is going to take a lot of adjusting to get reasonable results.

There's a lot more issues, but those were the ones that really bothered me. I've been able to adjust some of the other things (like penalties and interceptions) to the point that those things are not too bad. I just dread having to adjust everything else to get something reasonably realistic. It doesn't have to be perfect for me to enjoy (I love NCAA 08 without any adjustments), but my results so far on Madden are just ridiculous.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #295
Celeval
Pro Starter

Are the majority of the issues with fumbles/picks/etc. that people are talking about solely for the nextgen consoles? How does it play in comparison for PS2/Wii?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I *think* the turnover issue is stricly next gen. From what I've read, it seems the PS2 version plays almost exactly like last year's version and turnovers aren't a huge problem.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #297
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

That's wierd, I don't see a fumbling issue at all. In fact, I've seen very few.

I'm trading NCAA in for Bioshock tomorrow as Madden will more than suffice my console football gaming this year.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #298
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think when people comment on the gameplay, they should put down their platform, difficulty level, and whether or not they are adjusting sliders.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #299
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the sliders I'm using, interceptions aren't a problem, but if I try to run Westbrook inside he fumbles it about 30-40% of the time as he tries to do auto jukes on the inside runs. Holding down the cover button helps a bit, but the fumbling is still frustrating.

Edit: Since Greg mentioned this, I'm playing on the 360 on All-Pro with sliders for both sides as follows: Defensive Awareness: 40, Knockdowns: 90, Interceptions: 0, all special teams sliders at 40 except kickoff length which is at 15.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-20-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #300
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to take back some of the bad things I said about Madden 08 for the PC. The accelerated clock does work, but for some reason the setting didn't take the first time I selected it. Probably my fault. I'm undecided about improved sideline awareness on pass routes. I threw one pass earlier that had the target out of bounds but the receiver jumped and came down in bounds. There was no toe-tapping animation, but it was one of the few times I remember seeing a receiver not end up 5 yards out of bounds by the time he landed. I've still got a bunch of receivers flying out of bounds, but it might be a bit better. Turnovers are not a major problem on the PC. I still have to turn down defensive awareness on All-Pro to open up some passing lanes, but I don't think I've turned it down as far this year.