Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Scarsella just bruised his wrist. He is only expected to miss a day or two.

Kelly set a Harrogate record this game with 29 goals on the season.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #252
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1st, 2007 -

Stuart Wall injured his ribs in practice today and is expected to miss about a week

Fortunately our next game is a week away and it is against a weak Lewes club (currently in 20th.)

Aldershot's Terry Brown won Manager of the month. He has led his team to 3 wins this past month. John Cornforth of Newport came in 2nd, and Dean Harrison of Bury came in 3rd.

Dag & Red's Tim Cole won player of the month. Terry Dunfield of Bury came in 2nd, and Stuart Lewis of Hornchurch came in 3rd.

Hornchurch's Stuart Lewis won young player of the month, Simon Whaley of Burey came in 2nd, and Luke Olver of Woking came in 3rd.

David Moore's goal against Worcester (March 10th) came in 3rd for goal of the month!

Greg Kelly and Collett were selected for the English Conference Team of the Week.

Mark Pembridge a talented scout refused a deal that I just offered him. I need to find a better scout or resign my current scout.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, I watched the first leg of the Quarterfinals of the European Champions Cup. Manchester United hosted Arsenal.

Manchester opened up the scoring at the 10 minute mark with a great striker from Ruud van Nistelrooy that was set up by a long sharp pass form Mikael Silvestre.

Arsenal answered with an excellent dribble from Patrick Vieira into Manchester territory followed by a crisp pass to Jose Antonio Reyes which ended in a blistering shot for a goal.

At the beginning of the 2nd half, Pires took the ball up the sideline and crossed for Vieira who headed it past Tim Howard for the goal.

Manchester Utd managed to tie the game at the 71 minute mark on a lovely dribble by Ryan Giggs into the box.. followed by a sharp pass to van Nistelrooy by the far post which was headed into the goal.

The game ended in a 2-2 tie.

Liverpool hosted Milan in a game that ended in a 1-1 tie.

Juventus hosted Barcelona, but could only manage a 1-1 tie.

Inter hosted Valencia and demolished them 4-0.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #254
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Huge win for the team. Now you just need them to draw once. Good position here. What's the two team's schedule the rest of the way?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 6th, 2007 -

Pat Willett a talented scout from Ireland has agreed to come join my staff. As a result, I will not be renewing Stuart Lee's contract.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Huge win for the team. Now you just need them to draw once. Good position here. What's the two team's schedule the rest of the way?

We play Lewes (20th) at home. Then, we travel for our last 3 games against Exeter (14th with most of their players unhappy), Bury (6th place and playing well), and Aldershot (7th place but just lost one of their better midfielders for 3 months)

Scarborough travels to play Aldershot next. Then they played Hornchurch (16th but playing better) at home. Then, they host Lewes . Finally, they travel to play York (15th and just fired their manager)

Overall, I'd say our remaining schedule is harder.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #257
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 7th, 2007 -

Today we host 20th placed Lewes. We are in 2nd (2 points out of 1st place with a 6 GD advantage over #1.) Lewes is hurt by 3 of their better players being either suspended or injured. Francis Duku is a talented DC who will be tough to score against. Keeper Ademola Bankole has given up over 2 goals a game, and if we can beat the defenders we should be able to beat the keeper. Marc Whiteman is a talented striker who has 14 goals on the season. However, Danny Davis' injury in particular hurts the midfield significantly.

We tied them 1-1 on the road earlier in the year.

We are 1:2 favorites over them.

It's going to be raining today with temperatures in the 70's.

I'm using the same lineup except I will rest Wall who is still slightly hurt, and I will move Morley to DC and reinsert Black into the lineup as he is healed.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Smyth gets the ball at midfield.. dribbles down the left side of the field.. dribbles into the box.. big left footed shot.. over the bar.

10 minute mark: Moore gets it at midfield.. passes to Kelly.. Kelly dribbles up the field.. Moore running to his right.. Kelly dribbles into the box.. tackled by Duku.. the ball rolls to Moore as a result.. Moore immediately shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

32 minute mark: We've been applying the pressure.. Moore intercepts it at midfield.. great through ball to the left corner of the box.. Smyth gets to it.. shoots for the lower right corner.. inches wide.

38 minute mark: Barnett intercepts a long pass.. heads it out to Collett on the right wing.. Collett with a nice through ball.. Smyth gets to it.. dribbles into the left side of the box.. the keeper appears to be overplaying the right corner angle.. Smyth shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. That is Smyth's 10th goal of the year.

44 minute mark: Aaron Nowacki takes a free kick from midfield.. finds Whiteman in the box.. Whiteman puts a good move on Barnett.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Scarsella dives.. it's past him. GOAL. 2-1.

Halftime: Up 2-1.

51 minute mark: Morley with a big header on a corner kick that was heading towards Whiteman.

59 minute mark: Collett gets the ball on the right wing.. centers for Kelly.. he is 35 yards out.. being challenged by 2 defenders.. decides to shoot the long shot.. right at the center of the goal.. I watch in amazement as it sails over the keeper's right shoulder.. into the goal!!!! 3-1. That is Kelly's 30th goal of the season.

60 minute mark: Palmer on for Moore. Baker on for Wright.

71 minute mark: Barrington Belgrave gets a breakaway.. Scarsella backpedals in the box.. Belgrave shoots.. great blocking save by Scarsella.. Barnett gets back and clears the rebound.

75 minute mark: Kelly gets Palmer the ball at midfield.. Palmer dribbling up the pitch.. past one man.. puts a move on another defender.. goes by a third defender.. deep into the box.. heading towards the right goal post.. fakes to his left.. goes right.. shoots it just between the keeper and the right goal post.. Sensational GOAL!!!! 4-1.

Game over. 4-1 win!

We outshot them 16-5 (5-3 on goal)

Collett wins MoM, 31 of 35 passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 3 of 4 headers, 5 passes intercepted, 4 runs, 2 assists.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #259
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Crawley was relegated today.

Greg Kelly injured his wrist in this match. He will miss about a week. Our next game is in a week. If he is 90% healed, I expect to play him.

Finally, the big news... Aldershot beat Scarborough 1-0!!!! I'm in 1st place by a point! We are in the driver's seat. If we can win these last 3 games, we advance!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC:

Well, I'm dying to finish this season and my excitement for FM is fully restored, but I have to go to work for about 2 hours sometime today for one of my jobs. I can go anytime between now and 6PM. Since the Colts-Broncos game looks like it is over early (as I expected), I'm going to go to work now. I want to finish this season, but I don't want to miss much of what I expect will be a good second playoff game today (or at least a more competitive game.)
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #261
Desnudo
Coordinator

Nice to see you back.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #262
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 9th, 2007 -

Mark Barnard and Collett each were selected for the English Conference Team of the Month.

Northampton chairman David Cardoza has offered me the job as manager of the club. This team is currently 1st in League 2 and appears certain to be promoted. Their manager just left them to go coach at Manchester City in the EPL. They have a very talented core including midfielder Dickson Etuhu who has 21 goals and 14 assists on the season. Striker Jason Norville missed over a month with a broken arm, but still has 20 goals and 9 assists on the season. I'd be given a transfer budget of 3.6 million dollars. I'd also be allowed to keep the current wage budget of 70,000 dollars/week. This is the most tempting offer yet. However, I can't abandon my team unless it is to one of my few dream jobs. I decline the offer.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #263
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 11, 2007 -

Arsenal hosted Manchester United in the 2nd leg of the Quarter Final of the European Champions Cup today.
Things looked bleak for Arsenal early as Thierry Henry was hurt at the 14 minute mark for this game at least. However, at the 38 minute mark, Javier Saviola made an incredible move on Rio Ferdinand after receiving a pass from Pires on the wing. Saviola buried the shot in the upper left corner of the net.

At the 60 minute mark, Ryan Giggs managed to have a great dribble deep into Arsenal territory before giving the ball up to Ruud van Nistelrooy who sent a shot into the upper left corner to tie it 1-1.

At the 70 minute mark, Arsenal had a lucky call as Cristian Chivu was called for a trip on Saviola inside the box. Lauren took the penalty shot and converted it for a 2-1 lead. This ended up being the decisive margin, and Arsenal won 4-3 on aggregate.

In other news, Juventus beat Barcelona 1-0 despite being on the road. They win 2-1 on aggregate.

Liverpool traveled to play Milan, but had an impressive 3-1 win! They win 4-2 on aggregate.

Valencia defeated Inter 3-0 at home, but lost 4-3 on aggregate.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14th, 2007 -

Today we travel to play Exeter City. Unfortunately, Kelly is not recovered enough from his injury to play today. He, Fox, and Davies are all out with injuries.

Exeter is currently 14th in the English Conference. Their offense has been fairly anemic this year. Sean Canham is the leading scorer with 9 goals. However, their defense is very solid. Right fullback Wayne O'Sullivan has been excellent this year. Right winger Jason Price has also been solid. Keeper James Bittner has played very well at times and is giving up just over a goal per game.

We beat them 2-0 earlier in the year.

They are 4:6 favorites at home.

It's going to be sunny with temperatures in the low 60's.

Our Lineup:

GK: Scarsella
DL: Barnard
DC: Barnett
DC: Morley
DR: Black
ML: Wright
MC: Surey
MR: Collett
AMC: tough choice, but I'm playing Palmer out of position here.
SC: Smyth
SC: Moore

S1: O'Conner
S2: Farrell
S3: Shepherd
S4: Baker
S5: Wall (just recovered from his injury.)
Old 01-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #265
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Smyth gets the ball on the left wing after Morley passes it to him. Great run by Smyth down the left line.. sharp cross.. to Moore.. he hits it on the half volley.. into the upper left corner of the goal!!! GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

9 minute mark: Black gets called for a trip on Price. Yellow card for Black.

14 minute mark: Afful sends the corner kick towards the far post.. Chris Todd outjumps Black.. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

31 minute mark: Smyth gets a long pass from Collett.. alone in the box.. shoots.. the
keeper blocks it.

43 minute mark: They get it to Price inside the box.. Price shoots from 10 yards.. Great catch by Scarsella.

Halftime: 1-1 tie.

48 minute mark: Sheldon has it on the right wing.. dribbles down the sideline.. crosses for Price.. Morley heads it away.. to Sheldon.. he shoots from the right corner of the box.. it's heading towards the upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

64 minute mark: Sheldon gets the ball on the right corner of the box.. shoots the narrow angle for the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 loss.

We were outshot 18-6 (6-2 on target)

Interestingly, Mark Smyth wins MoM, 17 of 23 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 5 of 9 headers, 3 interceptions, 4 runs, 1 assist.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Barnard injured his shoulder and will miss about a week (including our next match likely.)

Collett injured his shoulder. He will miss about 5 days.

Mark Smyth needs rest according to the physio.

And the big news: Scarborough lost!!! They lost 2-1 to Hornchurch despite being at home.

However, Kettering won against Stevenage 2-1 and they are now only 2 points behind us. Also the 4th placed team, Kidderminster won and is only 3 points behind us. This is a tight race down the stretch!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #267
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As a result of today's games:

Rochdale has been relegated from League 2.

Sheffield Utd has been relegated from the Championship.

Bristol Rovers has won promotion to League 1.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #268
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 17th, 2007 -

Northampton was promoted to League 1 today. I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake turning down that job.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 18th, 2007 -

Bad day to be a high profile coach:

Real Madrid sacked Gregorio Manzano today. Juventus Manager Fabio Capello is the top choice to take over, but Vincente Del Bosque, Javier Clemente and Paco Melo are all in consideration according to the news.

Barcelona sack Frank Rijkaard. Bermen manager Michael Laudrup is the top choice according to the press.

Newcastle gave Graeme Souness the dreaded vote of confidence, but word is that one more loss will seal his fate.

Leeds sacks Jupp Jeynckes. England assistant manager Steve McClaren is the favorite to take over. Harry Redknapp, Sammy Lee, and David O'Leary are also in consideration for the job.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 21st, 2007 -

QPR has been relegated from the EPL.

OOC Note: Just got called into a situation at one of my other jobs.. delaying my FM playing for about a half hour or so.. I can't wait to see how this exciting race finishes up. /OOC

I prepare my last minute tactics for this key game. We have 2 games left. We are in 1st by a point.

Scarborough is 1 point behind us, Kettering is 1 point behind them, Kidderminster is 1 point behind Kettering, and Bury is in 5th only 2 points behind Kidderminster. woking also is only 5 points behind us, but is outside the playoff picture right now due to the lower GD than Bury.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 21st, 2007 -

Today we travel to play Bury. Bury is in 5th place and fighting to remain in position for the playoffs. Bury's talented midfielder Terry Dunfield will miss this game due to a fractured jaw. Recent Acquision, Steve Wilson has been playing very well in goal. The tandem of centrebacks Darren Lippiett and Jerel Ifil have been very effective at eliminating the opposition's scoring. Striker Isaiah Rankin is one of several potent scorers and leads the team with 12 goals.

We beat Bury 2-0 at home earlier in the year.

Bury are 4:6 favorites

It's overcast today with tempertures in the high 50's.

DL: Barnett (for the injured Barnard)
DC: Wall
DC: Morley
MR: collett
AMC: Kelly
SC: Moore

S3: Shepherd
S4: Palmer
S5: Baker
Old 01-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #272
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first thing that i notice is that Bury are using a very interesting 3-2-2-1-2.

1st minute: Collett gets it on the right wing.. dribbles up the right sideline.. centers for Moore who heads it... just over the bar.

9 minute mark: wall heads away a cross intended for Rankin.

14 minute mark: Lee Matthews jumps unfairly with Surey.. whistle.. Rankin argues the call.. Yellow card for Rankin.

17 minute mark: Rankin gets it on the right wing.. centers for Matthews who shoots from 20 yards out.. it curves.. it sails inside the right post.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

28 minute mark: Moore gets it on the right corner of the pitch.. centers for Kelly.. over Kelly's head.. Smyth gets it.. centers for kelly.. Kelly heads it.. over the bar.

39 minute mark: Maden gets it at midfield.. dribbles up the pitch.. flicks it between to two defenders to Rankin.. Rankin shoots from 17 yards... hits the right post.. and bounces in! GOAL. Down 2-0

40 minute mark: Porter intercepts the ball deep in their zone.. sends a long pass to Rankin.. Rankin dribbles into the box.. shoots.. into the lower left corner.. GOAL. Down 3-0.

Halftime: Down 3-0.

I decide to bring on Palmer for Moore to try to generate a spark.

Bury's centrebacks are continually shutting down our offense in the first 10 minutes.

56 minute mark: Kelly gets Palmer the ball inside the box.. wide open.. he shoots.. the keeper saves it.

60 minute mark: I sub in Baker for Wright, and start praying that Scarborough and Kidderminster, and Kettering are all losing.

I also notice that Kelly is tired, so I put Farrell in for him.

75 minute mark: Smyth is down hurt, but they keep playing on.. Bury passes from Porter to Nugent to Rankin in the middle of our box.. Rankin shoots.. GOAL! That is his hattrick. Poor Sportsmanship. They are up 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 loss.. totally disappointing and embarassing.

They outshot us 18-8 (10-3 on goal)

Isaiah Rankin wins MoM, 21 of 23 passes, o tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 1 assist, 3 goals.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Smyth needs rest according to the physio.

Scarborough was beat by Lewes 1-0!!!

Kettering only tied Barnet 2-2!!!

Kidderminster won 2-1

Woking tied Crawley 1-1.

As a result, here are the standings going into our final game:

We are in 1st still!!!

We are tied with Kidderminster with 70 points, but our goal differential is 6 goals better (+23)

Kidderminster is in 2nd. Both of us have clinched at least playoff spots.

Kettering is in 3rd with 69 points (+21)

Scarborough is in 4th hwith 69 points (+17)

Bury is in 5th with 68 points.

Woking is in 6th with 66 points.

If we win our next game, we win the division!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #274
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As a result of last night's games:

Stockport has been relegated from League 1.

Brighton has been relegated from league 1.

Barnsley has been relegated from League 1.

Brentford has won prmotion to League 1.

Lewes was relegated despite winning their last game.

Burscough has won the English Conference North and won promotion to the English Conference.

Gloucester has been relegated from the English Conference South.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 25th, 2007 -

I was too busy planning tactics to watch the match, but I watched the highlights of the European Champions Cup Semi Final Leg 1 today.

Inter hosted Arsenal and won 3-1.

Liverpool hosted Juventus and tied 0-0.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 2007 -

This is it! The final big game. Unfortunately, Barnett injured himself in practice yesterday, and he is doubtful for this game.

Our final game is against Aldershot on their pitch. They are in 8th place currently. They are missing three of their better players due to injury. Will Antwi is the most notable as the midfielder has played very good defense and added 7 goals.

Aldershot has a potent offense that is led by two strikers. Tim Sills and Roscoe D'Sane each have 23 goals and are both very dangerous. I wish I had Barnett to help combat their speed, but with him being injured he will start the game as a sub. Keeper Colin Nicholson has been excellent in goal the last 5 games. Centreback Ian Sharps has kept the defense together most of the season. Thanks to his play, Nicholson has given up under a goal a game. He will be tough to score upon.

We beat Aldershot 2-0 on our home pitch earlier in the year.

Aldershot are 4:5 favorites.

It's going to be rainy with temperatures in the high 40's today.

DL: Barnard
DC: Morley (due to Barnett's injury)
DC: Wall
MR: Collett
AMC: Kelly
SC: Palmer

S3: Barnett (mildly injured)
S4: Moore
S5: Baker
Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Ian Sharps gets a yellow card for a trip on Surey.

15 minute mark: Black with a big tackle to prevent Sills from getting a good scoring opportunity.

21 minute mark: Morley tackles D'Sane.. yellow card for Morley.. is it in our out of our box.. it's just outside the box.. whew!

Sills takes the free kick.. Scarsella catches it cleanly.

25 minute mark: Palmer tries to cross for Kelly, but Nicholson intercepts the pass.

35 minute mark: Morley heads away 3 passes in a row intended for D'Sane.

Halftime: They are dominating ball possession, but it's 0-0.

56 minute mark: Smyth gets the ball in the left corner after a long pass from Surey.. centers to the near post for Kelly.. Kelly heads it.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

61 minute mark: Moore on for Palmer who is tired.

74 minute mark: Moore passes to Smyth who passes to Kelly inside the box.. Kelly shoots from 10 yards.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

78 minute mark: Smyth elbows centreback Sharps in the face.. yellow card.. I'm lucky it wasn't a red card.

Baker on for Wright. Barnett on for Collett. Both guys coming off were very tired.

81 minute mark: Barnett feeds the ball down the right sideline to Moore.. he centers for kelly.. great opportunity.. kelly shoots for the upper right corner.. it looks like it is past the keeper.. at the last second he reaches back and tips it over the bar.

83 minute mark: Black with a big tackle.. passes it to Moore.. Moore passes it to Smyth.. Smyth has it at midfield.. racing down the field.. the defenders are chasing him, but he has a good lead.. it's dwindling.. they are on his heels as he enters the box.. he shoots.. big left foot.. it's past the keeper.. into the lower right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0!!

I decide to tell my wingers to stay way back at this point. I also tell the entire team to become ultradefensive.

88 minute mark: Despite my instructions.. Sills gets a breakaway.. Wall catches him from behind with a clean tackle just as he enters the box!

89 minute mark: D'Sane gets an open shot from 15 yards out.. Scarsella with the big save!

91 minute mark: I scream at my team as Sills gets another breakaway.. it is stopped because Sills is called for being offsides.

Whew!!! GAME OVER!!! 1-0 WIN!! We win the English Conference National! We are promoted! Smyth gets the champagne bath first!

They outshot us 19-7 (but we outshot them 6-4 on goal)

Morley wins MoM, 11 of 17 passes, 7 of 8 tackles, 9 of 9 headers, 6 interceptions.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #278
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the League, Eaglesfan27 (and Harrogate). Stick around for a while why don't you?
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #279
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Game Info:

- Marine have been relegated from the English Conference North.

- Droylsden have been relegated from the English Conference North.

- Hendon have won the English Conference South.

- Weston Super-Mare have been relegated from the English Conference South.

Specific Post Match info:

The Physio says that Mark Smyth needs rest. I remind the physio that Smyth can rest for a few months now.

The fans are going crazy as they feel that I beat all the odds to bring them glory in the English Conference National.

Mr. Fotherby said to a television reporter that I have performed true miracles with the Harrogate Town team and that he would be petitioning the mayor of the city to give me "the freedom of the city."

Other members of the board were spotted celebrating amongst fans after winning the match!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-09-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #280
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Welcome to the League, Eaglesfan27 (and Harrogate). Stick around for a while why don't you?

Thanks! I plan on it
Old 01-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other post match info:

Leicester was promoted to the EPL.

Sunderland won promotion to the EPL.

Rotherham have been relegated from the Championship league.

Scunthorpe have been relegated from League 2.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 2007 -

Exeter City Boss, John Dreyer, has won English Conference Manager of the Month (what does a guy have to do to win this thing?) for 3 victories in the last 4 games.

Steve King of Lewes came in 2nd, and Dean Harrison of Bury came in 3rd.

Lewes' Francis Duku won the English Conference Player of the Month. Brian Barry-Murphy of Bury came in 2nd, and Kevin Aherne-Evans of Newport came in 3rd.

Worcester's Andrew Bond won young player of the month. Ryan Catney of Kettering came in 2nd, and Aaron Nowacki of Lewes came in 3rd.

Jermaine Palmer's goal against Lewes (April 7th) won goal of the month. Mark Smyth's goal in that same game came in 2nd place.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2nd, 2007 -

I was too busy celebrating our promotion to watch the details, but Arsenal beat Inter 2-0 at home today to win on 3-3 aggregate (lead on away goals 1-0.) Arsenal's Thierry Henry provided both goals.

Juventus hosted Liverpool, but lost 1-0. Liverpool advances on aggregate score of 1-0.

Liverpool and Arsenal will meet in the European Champions Cup.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 2007 -

In the English Conference National Playoffs Kettering hosted Kidderminster. The game ended in a 2-2 tie in the first leg of the Semi-Final's.

Bury hosted Scarborough and the game ended in a 1-1 tie.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #285
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 5th, 2007 -

Crewe won the English League 1 title.

Bournemouth have won promotion to the Championship.

Grimsby have been relegated from the English League 1.

Bristol Rovers have won the English League 2 title.

Leeds have been relegated from the EPL.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #286
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 6th, 2007 -

Leicester have won the Championship League.

Derby have been relegated from the Championship League.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #287
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7th, 2007 -

Scarborough beat Bury 3-1 to win 4-2 on aggregate.

Kidderminster beat Kettering on penalties after a 1-1 tie. Kidderminster made 3 penalty shots while Kettering only made 1.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:38 PM   #288
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Reviewing our finances, I notice that we have made over 500,000 dollars this season. We now have 365,000 dollars in the bank.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #289
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 12th, 2007 -

Chelsea have retained the EPL Title.

Everton have been relegated from the EPL.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #290
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 15th, 2007 -

Phil Wilson left Lancester to take over the Rushden job which I turned down.

Nevio Scala has been sacked by Milan today.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #291
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Congrats and good luck!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Congrats and good luck!

Thanks. I think it's going to be a tough League without an upgrade of talent at several positions, but it should be fun.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #293
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Congrats on the promotion! I expect that you might actually bravely fight against relegation next season.

Quick request: When you switch to a new thread would you make sure to include a link in this one?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Congrats on the promotion! I expect that you might actually bravely fight against relegation next season.

Quick request: When you switch to a new thread would you make sure to include a link in this one?

Thanks. Yes, I will continue to link each preceding season's thread when I start the new thread. The links will be in the 1st post of the new thread. I won't start a new thread until the new season starts and I get my expectations, budget, etc (usually late June so probably in a day or two.)
Old 01-09-2005, 11:48 PM   #295
Desnudo
Coordinator

Good luck! League Two is a major step up.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 16th, 2007 -

43 year old Paco Melo has taken over the manager's job at Real Madrid.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 19th, 2007 -

Milan hired Giovanni De Biasi today. On the same day, Milan beat Juventus on penalties in a game that ended with a 3-3 score in the Italian Cup. Milan outshot them 4-2 in the penalty shot phase.

Moor Green won the playoffs in the English Conference South to be promoted to the English Conference National.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 20th, 2007 -

I attended the Kidderminster vs Scarborough match today to see who won the playoffs and would be promoted with us.

Scarborough's amazing keeper, Gareth Downey, was hurt at the 19 minute mark and things looked bleak for them. Bleak turned to even worse when Ian Foster assisted on an Adam Miller goal from 20 yards out to put Kidderminster up 1-0.

However, Scarborough rallied around their backup keeper Gary Hammond. The defenders started playing stalwart defense in front of him which was key because the kid looked shaky. The 19 year old looked like a deer in the headlights at times, and bobbled a few shots but the defense cleared them. He seemed to settle down when in the 30 minute mark, his centreback cleared a pass leading to a breakaway which ended in a Steve Kerr goal from 15 yards out to tie the game 1-1.

Both defenses played tight, but Scarborough took advantage of another breakaway opportunity thanks to a great pass from David Pounder which found backup striker Michael Cousley. Cousley buried the ball in the top right corner from 10 yards out to give a decisive 2-1 lead.

The game ended with the final score of 2-1 in favor of Scarborough. They will be joining us in League 2.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #299
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the playoffs over, here is a final look at the conference standings:

Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #300
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some team stats:

Our 65 league goals was 3rd in the league behind Kettering (68) and Bury (66).

Our 41 league goals given up was 9th in the league. Kidderminster lead the league with only 35 goals given up.

Our goal differential of +24 was 2nd best in the league. Bury was 1st with a +25 differential.