Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #251
JoeReymann
n00b

Since I'm mostly a lurker and my country name doesn't resemble my FOFC login, here's my country info:

The Kingdom of Lumenia
"Just do what I say!"

UN Category: Moralistic Democracy
Civil Rights: Few Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Some

The Kingdom of Lumenia is a small, devout nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Uranium Mining, and Gambling industries.

Voting is compulsory, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, and the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lumenia's national animal is the Stretch Armstrong and its currency is the Almighty Lubuck.
JoeReymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:42 AM   #252
Franklinnoble
Banned

I'm just waiting for HornsManiac and Mrskippy to make an appearance over there...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #253
vex
Grizzled Veteran

And Billy Madison

EDIT: Oh wait, you already said HM.

Last edited by vex : 10-01-2003 at 12:06 PM.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:14 PM   #254
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Dola

I was wondering what you all thought of this proposal:

The Bill of All Rights
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights Strength: Strong Proposed by: Quesovanianovia
Description: The People's Republic of Quesovanianovia submits a proposal to extend everybody's rights once and for all!

ARTICLE I: You have the freedom of speech, no matter how obscene and/or crude and/or stupid you are and no matter how obscene and/or crude and/or stupid what you are saying is.

ARTICLE II: You have the right of other people's possessions. They are most likely just lucky to have them and they owe something to society.

ARTICLE III: You have the right to any weapons you can get your hands on. Weapons of mass destruction are encouraged to be used.

ARTICLE IV: You will NOT ever be sent to any concentration facility, jail, or prison of ANY type. You have every right to do whatever you want to cops, because cops are dumb.

ARTICLE V: You have the right to take other people's lives. All people were created equally, but not everybody may be destroyed equally.

ARTICLE VI: You have the right to marry whoever you want. Marry yourself if you like.

ARTICLE VII: You have the right to assassinate anybody seen unfit to run for the government.

ARTICLE VIII: Men, women, and children alike all have the right to all sorts of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc.

ARTICLE IX: Voting is no longer an option. From now on, people will just duke it out by whatever means necessary and the last man, woman, child, ape, iguana, etc. standing gets the job. In coherence with ARTICLE VII, this person, animal, vegetable, etc. may be assassinated at any time.

ARTICLE X: You have the right to do anything else you want. If anybody ever tells you what to do, kill him or her, if you want. Since you basically have every right, you don't even have to do what this says.

The above was proposed to satisfy all the libertarians out there, who wish for people to have more and more rights, and this answers all of their wishes. It is all for them.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #255
Franklinnoble
Banned

Bah. I beleive in states' rights, and I wouldn't even bother being in the UN if it didn't help out my confederate brothers in the FOFC. Their worthless resolutions mean nothing to me, as the mighty nation of Trogdorany yields to no law aside from its own.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:32 PM   #256
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

That proposal sucks sweaty ballsack.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #257
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm voting against anything that increases my citizens rights without giving me something in return.

However, it seems to me that the UN is filled with a bunch of leftists and commies and rights freaks who think everyone should all have a giant democracy cakewalk right through the middle of Tiananmen square ("and it won't make a lick of difference because we've got the bombs, okay?!")

I actually disagree with the ranting guy. There are about a million super liberal and super conservative initiatives and the super liberal ones might pass because it's the internet while the super conservative ones will never pass. We need to start introducing new legislation and push our pro-oppression laws on the UN :grins evily:

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-01-2003 at 12:35 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #258
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
That proposal sucks sweaty ballsack.

That sort of metaphor isn't really a deterrent to some of the folks we have around here.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:35 PM   #259
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, here it is, I'm tired of the Italian Bolschevik Alleance. I say we invade.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:36 PM   #260
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

As long as they don't live in my country, I don't see a need to deter anybody from doing anything.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:37 PM   #261
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
Ok, here it is, I'm tired of the Italian Bolschevik Alleance. I say we invade.

War is something we really won't be able to do for a little bit (unless Ren wants to throw his 900 million person weight around). You have to have a decent ammount of roleplaying cash and a decent set of countries. Not only that, but we'd need to scout out if any of them have powerful allies.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:40 PM   #262
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
War is something we really won't be able to do for a little bit (unless Ren wants to throw his 900 million person weight around). You have to have a decent ammount of roleplaying cash and a decent set of countries. Not only that, but we'd need to scout out if any of them have powerful allies.

SI

We could always send about 7 countries over there(their delegate has 6) and wreck havok on their region.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:48 PM   #263
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

That would be funny. Honestly though if even 25% of our nations banded together we could wipe them out unless they have some big allies.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #264
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
We could always send about 7 countries over there(their delegate has 6) and wreck havok on their region.

Yeah, basically just get a few of us over there, endorse our own guy, take over, and kick them all out of their own region.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:03 PM   #265
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Don't forget the add a password part.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #266
heybrad
Norm!!!

How do you go to war with somebody over there?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #267
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

RP it in the forums. I think they are getting set to do something to us. The stupid online translator didn't do a very good job.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:36 PM   #268
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I am lost on what is going on. How do you build stores and factories and armies?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #269
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

It's all RP in the forums.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #270
mckerney
Coordinator

I dunno, but I wanna attack somebody
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:49 PM   #271
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

I think they are planning an alliance to go to war with us. Not sure one said something about attaching ud and another said something about getting allies and doing us the bottem. That last one kind of scares me.

*Oops, they have a post in English that says that they should attack us like we want them to and that they have 3 big regions as allies.*

Last edited by Nyarlahotep : 10-01-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:04 PM   #272
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
I think they are planning an alliance to go to war with us. Not sure one said something about attaching ud and another said something about getting allies and doing us the bottem. That last one kind of scares me.

*Oops, they have a post in English that says that they should attack us like we want them to and that they have 3 big regions as allies.*

Bah. I say we ignore their foolish rants.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:05 PM   #273
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

I'd prefer to wipe them out.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #274
vex
Grizzled Veteran

And quickly.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:23 PM   #275
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
We need to start introducing new legislation and push our pro-oppression laws on the UN :grins evily:

SI

This would be a hoot and get me participating in the UN a bit more I think.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 02:32 PM   #276
Franklinnoble
Banned

Somebody wanna draft a proposal?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:49 PM   #277
mckerney
Coordinator

So instead of actually having an engine for war, you just do it on a roleplaying board, posting "I bomb you and destroy 20 of your imaginary factories"?

Oh well, if that's how the game is played.

Puts on robe and wizard hat...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #278
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Not quite even that way. You would just say you bomb their factories. You aren't allowed to decide how much damage you do.

*stupid spelling*

Last edited by Nyarlahotep : 10-01-2003 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #279
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Yeah, basically just get a few of us over there, endorse our own guy, take over, and kick them all out of their own region.

I say we take over the Italian Bolschevik Alleance
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #280
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
So instead of actually having an engine for war, you just do it on a roleplaying board, posting "I bomb you and destroy 20 of your imaginary factories"?

Oh well, if that's how the game is played.

Puts on robe and wizard hat...
I heart mckerney.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #281
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Umm, so how is damage tracked. If I am whooping imaginary ass, I want some imaginary heads on poles to stick around my borders.

Perhaps I spend too much of my roleplaying energies on dogs and convincing my girlfriend it is normal. Luckily she is blonde and easy to trick.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #282
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci

Perhaps I spend too much of my roleplaying energies on dogs and convincing my girlfriend it is normal. Luckily she is blonde and easy to trick.

I think the fact that your "girlfriend" is inflateable has a lot to do with it...
Old 10-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #283
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Umm, so how is damage tracked. If I am whooping imaginary ass, I want some imaginary heads on poles to stick around my borders.

I think it is kind of agreed upon, depending on your attacking force versus their defense. The reason you can't just say how much damage you cause is because that would be God moding.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #284
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think it is kind of agreed upon, depending on your attacking force versus their defense. The reason you can't just say how much damage you cause is because that would be God moding.

But how do you determine your attack force. I want an army of 10 Billion. Boom. It is mine.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #285
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
I think the fact that your "girlfriend" is inflateable has a lot to do with it...

That reminds me that air bubbles do not equal pregnancy. A lesson learned in life.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:13 PM   #286
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But how do you determine your attack force. I want an army of 10 Billion. Boom. It is mine.

Kind of hard for a country of less than 10 billion people to have an army of 10 billion. There are threads stickied in the forums that tell you how to figure out how large of an army you can sustain without destroyting your economy and another one to figure out how much money you would have.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #287
Franklinnoble
Banned

Sounds like a lot of math. Basically, someone would have to calculate all that information for every nation in FOFC, and then what? What do we get if we go to war? What is our reward for victory? The respect and adulation of all the dorks on the NationStates board?
Old 10-01-2003, 04:40 PM   #288
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well I have Star Wars.. so nothing can hit me!
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:44 PM   #289
Franklinnoble
Banned

I have a fully armed and operational space station....
Old 10-01-2003, 04:48 PM   #290
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

My little playthings are ready for anything!

And is there a way to read ALL of the messages in the FOFC thing. I can only see like a max of 10 or so. So often I'm so freakin confused as to waht is goin on.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #291
Franklinnoble
Banned

It's best to just use the threads we have over at the forum, I think.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:20 PM   #292
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Minorities Demand Representation in TV Soaps

The Issue
Hattrickism's TV soaps--famous around the region--have come under fire for their lack of ethnic diversity.

The Debate
"Every night my family and I sit down to watch 'The Brash and the Backstabbing'," says Sue-Ann Spirit. "But where are the Liliputians like myself? Where are the Bigtopians? The Marche Noirians? People from those cultures can be just as brash and backstabbing, but we never see them on the screen. The government must act to remove this silent apartheid from our TV screens."
[Accept]

"Those Liliputians don't know how good they have it," says Peggy Barry, spokesperson for the Tasmanians Against Ethnic Stereotyping. "Tasmanians are on television all the time, but always in crude, stereotypical roles. The answer is not to enforce ethnic quotas, but to award government prizes for the positive portrayal of minorities. That'll work better, and be cheaper, too."
[Accept]

"The government should do what now?" says TV studio executive Violet Licorish. "You've got to be kidding. We make soaps here, not documentaries. I should be able to put whichever characters I want into my shows. Quotas! Government prizes! God save me! Hasn't the government got anything better to do? Why don't they just back off and let society work out these things on its own?"

I'd like to see what my little playthings do with option 3.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:22 PM   #293
Franklinnoble
Banned

See Trogdorany for the results with regards to option 3...
Old 10-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #294
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Dola

Can I get some links where WE are talking about war in the forums? Or where they say to go to war aganist us?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:24 PM   #295
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Careful illinifan, I took that option and for the next week my country's description was labeled with "The hit TV show is the alramingly racist...".
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:26 PM   #296
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Hey, if my little playthings want to be racist, who am I to stop them? I like to take a nice and easy hands off approach. Unless someone says something bad about me, then they are circumsized. That's the national punishment for dissent.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #297
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
Dola

Can I get some links where WE are talking about war in the forums? Or where they say to go to war aganist us?

Check their region forum.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #298
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I see that Happy has gone to that forum to be an ass. I think he's cyber-stalking us. We should have heeded the warning that he would return more powerful than ever.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #299
Franklinnoble
Banned

He's powerful, alright... the same way post-burrito flatulence is powerful.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #300
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
Hey, if my little playthings want to be racist, who am I to stop them? I like to take a nice and easy hands off approach. Unless someone says something bad about me, then they are circumsized. That's the national punishment for dissent.

I would think Castration would be more effective.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote