Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2003, 02:22 PM   #251
DeToxRox
Head Coach

You can never lose your best agent when hes not used!

Oops.. NOT SOUNDING BITTER!

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:25 PM   #252
RendeR
Coordinator

RendeRII looks at SachmoII across the skyranger. Then looks at his helmet, the ablative armor on the one side melted to almost nothing. His knee still ached from the shot that caught the hinge of his Power suit. If it weren't for this equipment he'd be in one of those body bags.

He looked at SachmoII again..."Hey. We all make mistakes. My Dad taught me that. My dad was a vindictive bastard too though and never let you forget yer mistakes. " He took a deep breath, "I guess what I want to say is let it go. Greive, but don't let their deaths get you, or one of us killed too."

RenderII paused for a moment...Whhat would dad do.? He looked at the exhausted faces of the troops. We did so much good today. But this one thing has them hangin their heads....So get up boy...thats what dad would say.

RendeRII got up and walked over to SachmoII, layed a hand on his shoulder. We're still here, and we won't let ANY of our comrades deaths be in vain. We will beat these bastards, even if it takes forever. We're not gonna let them beat us. ok? Hang tough man."

He went around the Skyranger bay and talked to every member of the team in turn. We did good today, he wanted them to remember THAT , we hurt them today and we'll keep on hurting them.

When he sat back down he looked at his helmet again, "Thanks for protecting me Dad...."
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #253
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Agent Call-up

Ring ring ring...

Calling The Afoci and Havok...

Ring ring ring...

Your planet needs you...

and your Laser-Clawed Crawfish...

Ring ring ring...
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:06 PM   #254
JeeberD
General Manager

Ouch, losing RavenHawk is tough. I guess that he forgot to take his stimulants...errr...eat his Wheaties today...

Hopefully someone else will work hard and become the hero that RH was...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 05-05-2003 at 10:47 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #255
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Ouch. We lost some nice vets, but the experience we got exceed what we lost. Altogether, a nice job by Godzilla in making it through that torrent of missions.

Alhill III looks like a good prospects. High bravery is key. Send me in and let me avenge the deaths of my comrades!
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:40 PM   #256
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Why do I get the feeling that "a higher power" set me up as the goat?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #257
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

The_Afoci is reporting to duty with a pocket full of Crawfish with Laser Blasters instead of Claws!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:04 PM   #258
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Aw Ravenhawk's not dead, Crappie can just thaw his clone out of the freezer, stick it in the microwave...2 minutes...*ding*...ready for action!!!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:14 PM   #259
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

cschex: Welcome! I'll add your name!

Render: I thought you were a goner. Two hits, only minor damage.

Al: It does look like you've got some potential there. By the way, you're being transferred to EU COM. Data King III as well.

Sachmo II: I just report it like I see it.

Qwikshot: I wish it were so, but Ravenhawk is really toast.

The Afoci: Got it!

DVH: Your turn is coming soon. Very soon. Be ready.

I wonder what would happen if we sent DVH and The Afoci on a mission together?

_______

Not much to happen for the next couple of days. I've got my thesis defense tomorrow, and a long day of meetings on Wednesday. Next update on Thursday, and probably a mission up on Friday, if all goes well.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 05-05-2003 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:16 PM   #260
Havok
College Starter

Ready and willing, SIR!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #261
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz
I wonder what would happen if we sent DVH and The Afoci on a mission together?

Aren't they the same person? I'm never seen them on the board at the same time.

Last edited by SplitPersonality1 : 05-05-2003 at 04:27 PM.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:34 PM   #262
condors
College Starter

Sign Condors II up! If at first you don't succeed fail and fail again
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #263
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Ouch, losing RavenHawk is tough. I guess that he take his stimulants...errr...eat his Wheaties today...

Hopefully someone else will work hard and become the hero that RH was...

Blade6119 volunteers to fill that void ...im not afraid of dying...its happened a lot to me...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #264
tucker342
Pro Starter

That sucks

Tough end to a great day...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:00 AM   #265
3ric
College Starter

*mourning RavenHawk*

I was proud to serve with him on two missions, if only I had managed to nail those Sectoids faster... *sobs*
Old 05-06-2003, 03:27 AM   #266
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Skyranger transmission: This is Commander Kodos, wishing to speak to Sergeant Chief Rum, Squaddie Sachmo II, and Squaddie Zippy.

All Three: Yes Sir! (they try to hide their fatigue from the video transmission, Sachmo blinking away the tears).

Cmdr. Kodos: Congratulations, men. I know it was hard to go through that last mission. Captain Raven Hawk and Squaddie Condors II will be missed.

All Three: Yes sir.

Cmdr. Kodos: While all due gravity is being expended to the situation of this past mission, I felt it was right to commend the three of you today for participating in an incredible three missions. As you all know, you have all three been on all of the EU base's missions today, and you all performed in fine fashion--yes, and you, too, Squaddie Sachmo. You killed three of the enemy in the first mission, and you have been invaluable to us. Those Sectoids set us up for an ambush and if it's anyone's fault, it is mine for not anticipating their craftiness and instructing Capt. Raven Hawk to be aware.

Squaddie Sachmo nods wearily: Thank you sir (followed closely by the other two).

Cmdr. Kodos: I want you all to get a lot of rest. We need men like you to stay alive now, especially with the losses we have suffered in recent days. I will highly recommend to Commander-in-Chief Godzilla Blitz to rest you for at least one mission, although you should always be prepared.

All Three: Of course, sir! And we will always be ready!

Cmdr. Kodos: I know. Squaddie Sachmo, Squaddie Zippy, you are dismissed. (The two snap salutes and leave the video transmission area). Sergeant Rum?

Sgt. Rum: Yes sir!

Cmdr. Kodos: Fine job killing Sectoids, Chief Rum. You killed one on every mission today. Your consistency is a leading mark among our soldiers.

Sgt. Rum: Thank you, sir.

Cmdr. Kodos: For that reason, though, it pains me to say what I must next. We have decided to give Raven Hawk's captaincy to Sergeant AStott. You, the former Sgt. AStott, and Sgt. The Time are all excellent young commanders, but we felt that the position suited AStott the best at the moment.

Sgt. Rum: I trust your judgement, sir, and I think AStott is an excellent choice.

Cmdr. Kodos: You'll get your chance. You were just promoted to Sergeant last week, after all. Now, rest easy, son. You have had a hard day.

Sgt. Rum: Yes sir! (Cmdr. Kodos reaches forward to shut off the transmission, before the sergeant stops him). ...Uhh...sir?

Cmdr. Kodos (looking back up at the screen): Yes, sergeant?

Sgt. Rum: If I were a captain, I wouldn't be the first one out the door anymore, would I, sir?

Cmdr. Kodos: First one out in the missions? No, sergeant, you would not.

Sgt. Rum: That's what I thought. Sir, promotions suit some men, but I only want to be that first guy, the one that takes the opening fire for the men behind me, the one who clears the way. Being just a sergeant suits me just fine.

Cmdr. Kodos (his one big eye glinting deviously as barely visible smile lines appear in the corners): Yes, sergeant, I kinda thought you would feel that way. You're dismissed, Sgt.

Sgt. Rum (snapping a smart salute): Yes sir!

End Transmission

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:18 AM   #267
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Cpt. Ravenhawk lay immobile on the ground, realing from a shot to the chest and to the face. He felt blood pouring down his cheek from the eye wound that he had received. Could this be the end of his days? Nah, it is just a flesh wound, he'd be ok. He reached for the stimulant injector button on his suit and pressed it. Nope. That's not going to do it. I still can't get up. He huffed, short of breath.

"Cpt. Raven Hawk down. Need blaster support near hedge wall. Repeat blaster support near hedgewall."

**KABLAM**

**THUD**

Raven Hawk looked out of his one good eye and saw Condor hit the turf beside him.

"OH NO YOU DON'T YOU SECTOID BASTARDS! YOU DO NOT MESS WITH MY UNIT!"

With that, Raven Hawk mustered everything he had left and rose to one knee. He took aim with his plasma launcher, looking through his one good eye.

**KABLAM**

**THUD** **THUD**

Raven Hawk's body hit the turf, and moments later his head hit the turf. Blood, Adrenaline, and Stimulants poured out of his body onto the grass, only 20 miles from EU COM.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:33 AM   #268
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

We definately should have a Ravenhawk award..
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #269
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

Kodos switched off the transmission and sighed, still not able to fully grasp that condors and Raven Hawk were really gone. The loss of Raven Hawk was particularly upsetting because of the uncommon valor that he had shown time and again in battle...

All things considered, the day had gone far better than he could have hoped at the outset, especially in light of the fact that he had fully expected to be dead by nightfall (along with everyone else at EU com) when it seemed like a base attack was imminent. The way the men had rallied and had repeatedly dealt the aliens decisive defeats during the day had filled his heart with pride and hope. Now all he could think of was the fact that two of his finest men had gone down in what was to have been the capper on X-Com's finest day. Bitterly, he thought back to a M*A*S*H episode he had seen long ago, when Henry Blake had told Hawkeye about the rules of war:

Rule Number 1: Young men die.
Rule Number 2: You can't change Rule Number 1.

Kodos got up from his chair, wincing as his bruised body protested the movement. "How the hell did I manage to fall out of that damn UFO
twice?" he thought to himself ruefully, knowing all along that the biggest pain was in his heart.

"I will make these bastards will pay..." he swore, as he prepared for a video conference with his Commander-In-Chief, Godzilla Blitz. After that, maybe, this day would finally end.

Last edited by Kodos : 05-06-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:00 PM   #270
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're SO not the same person.

Two geniuses like ourselves couldn't be the same person, we'd be ubersweet!

So put us together, we'll bring in ratings. We'll kill some Alien scum, and then he'll look at me, and go..

"BOOK 'EM DANNO!"

And we dance. Jig if you will.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #271
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

We aren't the same person...damn, I will have to start think on my own again... either way, lets kick some ass together. I think that if we waltz, that would be cooler. A little gay, but cool anyway.

Last edited by The Afoci : 05-06-2003 at 02:50 PM.
The Afoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 03:00 PM   #272
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
We're SO not the same person.

Two geniuses like ourselves couldn't be the same person, we'd be ubersweet!

So put us together, we'll bring in ratings. We'll kill some Alien scum, and then he'll look at me, and go..

"BOOK 'EM DANNO!"

And we dance. Jig if you will.

Hey! I do the jig dancing around here.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #273
Kodos
Resident Alien

And I am Jig-O-Rific!
Old 05-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #274
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll jiggify you all!
Old 05-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #275
revrew
Team Chaplain

Gettin' jiggy wit' it
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 09:03 PM   #276
Havok
College Starter

Quick X-Com question.

How do you reload the Blaster Launcher???

I fire it once, then try to reload it but it says its already loaded. But i cant fire it.

Wuz up wit dat?
Old 05-07-2003, 02:45 AM   #277
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
Quick X-Com question.

How do you reload the Blaster Launcher???

I fire it once, then try to reload it but it says its already loaded. But i cant fire it.

Wuz up wit dat?

Try asking sachmo. I hear he's really up on that.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:37 AM   #278
revrew
Team Chaplain

Oh, that's cold, Rum. That's cold.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #279
Kodos
Resident Alien

So are the corpses of Raven Hawk and condors.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #280
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
So are the corpses of Raven Hawk and condors.

too soon....kinda like making fun of mohammad ali's current condition....just too soon...wait about 3 days...3 days sounds right for when it will be funny..

Just like cancer will be funny in 21 years(anyone know where thats from?...free hat)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #281
revrew
Team Chaplain

Kodos, how can dead people be funnier than an alien making fun of dead people? C'mon! You da FOF jester.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:13 PM   #282
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just wait till the council of funding nations gets ahold of Kodos's comments. May as well go ahead and go to a frat party and drink up. Your pink slip will be coming shortly.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #283
Kodos
Resident Alien

Exclamation

Somebody must have hacked into my account. I have no knowledge of those comments.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:37 PM   #284
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That one didn't work for my cousin either, Senor Alien.

(Yes, I am a distant relative to Nixon.)
Old 05-08-2003, 01:12 PM   #285
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I just caught up on everything.

Thanks for trying to kill me, Coffee. Next time you do that prepare to be Rochambeauxed.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #286
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just trying to make sure you go down before me this time, Cam.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:15 PM   #287
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Just trying to make sure you go down before me this time, Cam.

Don't ask, don't tell.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #288
Blade6119
Coordinator

zilla...whats up?
Demotivation
Old 05-09-2003, 12:45 PM   #289
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
Don't ask, don't tell.

Why do I have a feeling I just made QOTM for that litttle line.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:00 PM   #290
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Warlord
Why do I have a feeling I just made QOTM for that litttle line.

Now that you mention it, that's not a bad idea.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #291
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
zilla...whats up?

Going to be a bit of a delay with the next update. Everything's fine, passed the oral exam and everything, but then Wednesday I got hit with some kind of bug (alien virus, post-stress syndrome?) that's wiped me out. My guess is it's just my body telling me that I need to catch up on sleep after three months of pushing myself to get the thesis done. I'm still functioning, etc., but it's taking all my energy to get my regular work done. Hoping to be up to full strength soon.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:28 PM   #292
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

of course, right after I get called up, you go down with an illness. God just doesn't want me to kill/get killed by aliens. Its rather sad, really.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #293
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats GB! On the exam and thesis that is, not the sickness that followed.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #294
tucker342
Pro Starter

It's a plot by the Sectoids!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #295
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Aliens gave GB SARS..

I demand Skydog quarantine this thread.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #296
RendeR
Coordinator

just a quick note:

firstly: get well GB we LOVE this storyline you are one awesome dynasty man!

Secondly, I downloaded the windows updte version of this game and FINALLY got it to work, I suck terribly, but will learn the ropes, excellent game for as old as it is. Thank you all for introducing me to it!
Old 05-10-2003, 04:54 PM   #297
tucker342
Pro Starter

RendeR, what version of Windows do you have?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #298
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm running XP home Edition Pro

I downloaded the winupdated version from their site, its a little fast, but I think if I use turbo or something like it I can slow it down a bit more.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #299
tucker342
Pro Starter

cool

I might have to try that out
Old 05-12-2003, 11:29 PM   #300
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry not a big update, but I wanted to keep people up to date. Finally, today I felt 100% up to speed. What ever that bug was, it slowed me down for about five days, which is probably more than I have been sick in the past three years total. Actually, after sleeping so much the past week, I feel the best I have in a long time, as most of the past three months have been spent in a sleep-deprived thesis-writing stupor, or mindlessly surfing the net to relieve stress. Even the recent X-COM missions were written in a fog. But that's all behind us now, and it's time to get back to killing Sectoids. Almost, that is...

Unfortunately, I fell behind at work over the past week, and need a couple of days to catch up. Next update should come later in the week, and I'm aiming for putting the next mission up on Friday. Also, I apolgize for not responding to recent comments and feedback. I've read everything, though, and I'll respond soon.

Thanks for the understanding!