Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #251
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Played a few more games and I'm liking it for now. 9 mins AP defaults have been yielding good results.

SS mode just doesn't do what that mode in MLB The Show did for me though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #252
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
In year 3, "V. Young" has to be Vince Young, doesn't it? And with 1,315 Yards Rushing on 160 carries...I thought they worked on nerfing the "Michael Vick" bug.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Unfortunately, it's still there. Also, carries numbers are still high for some players. But, as I already said, the important thing is that you don't get 4/5 2000 yds rusher a year (like one would have on the default injury setting), and this is a good news for franchise play, I think.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #253
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can deal with some stat abnormalities as I don't really look too closely at stats in Madden. FOF is for that.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #254
Kodos
Resident Alien

We're mixing PC and 360 impressions! Is Madden's 360 dynasty mode decent? I'd actually consider the lack of an owner's mode to be good. I thought I'd like adjusting prices on stuff, but it turns out I don't after all.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Played a few more games and I'm liking it for now. 9 mins AP defaults have been yielding good results.

SS mode just doesn't do what that mode in MLB The Show did for me though.

How is the CPU running game on AP? I barely beat the Browns with my Eagles and am debating on dropping down from All-Madden at least temporarily.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
We're mixing PC and 360 impressions! Is Madden's 360 dynasty mode decent? I'd actually consider the lack of an owner's mode to be good. I thought I'd like adjusting prices on stuff, but it turns out I don't after all.

Not sure yet. However, I'm thinking I'll do a 3 year test league where I look at FA signings, stats, and draft AI on Sunday.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #257
Kodos
Resident Alien

Mucho appreciated-o.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #258
Emiliano
College Prospect

Just to clarify: the stats I've reported are from the current-gen Xbox version, not PC.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #259
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks. I figured that out after my post.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #260
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
How is the CPU running game on AP? I barely beat the Browns with my Eagles and am debating on dropping down from All-Madden at least temporarily.

It's been all exhibition, but Tomlinson tore me a new one.. 100+ yards and 3 TD's. All other games have been against teams with medicore backs.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:32 PM   #261
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
Is Coach Mode in Franchise the only way to go?

That's how I'm playing it. So far, so good. Molroney is doing much better than Dillion in my franchise thus far.

EDIT: I've got the PC version.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 08-25-2006 at 03:32 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #262
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
That's how I'm playing it. So far, so good. Molroney is doing much better than Dillion in my franchise thus far.

EDIT: I've got the PC version.

Uh-oh. Are all the names misspelled in the PC version? Not another bug!

Last edited by Kodos : 08-25-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #263
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:

He's obviously misspelled his own name for the last 22 years. :-)

Last edited by WVUFAN : 08-25-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #264
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Don't worry Struttdaddy at football-Freak webste is making updated rosters for Madden 2007 pc.

and there a Utility editor for Madden pc you can download there too.

Madden Football PC is on sale at circuit city this week.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #265
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Don't worry Struttdaddy at football-Freak webste is making updated rosters for Madden 2007 pc.

and there a Utility editor for Madden pc you can download there too.

Madden Football PC is on sale at circuit city this week.

Actually, he was taking a dig at me, because I misspelled Laurence Maroney's name wrong in the post.

But thanks for the info on the roster update. It does need to be fixed (example: Ty Law is a free agent in the game)

Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #266
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't know how you could possibly play a franchise on the 360. With fatigue not in the game, it's just not very realistic. I'm going to try the current gen more and more, but that really didn't improve much from last year at all.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #267
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I just came back from circuit city.

Madden 2007 on the pc is really great so far.

I highly recommend it over the console this year.

Gameplay is very solid and again the new animations are slick. Franchise mode is solid and I love the new Player Roles.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #268
SegRat
High School Varsity

PSP Madden is great this year. By far the best football game.
I just bought the 360 and madden and I like it. Infact so far I really enjoy SS mode. I am a RB drafted by the Jaguars. I am second on the depth chart behind Taylor. At the end of my first preseason game we are up by 1 and they hand it off to me with just over a minute left. I break free for a 22 yard gain.....But what is that, I dropped the damn ball. Miami picks it up and runs it in for the score and the win.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #269
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Bill Abner toughts on Madden 2007 for the PC

Quote:
So I get the PC version from GameSpy and install it and give it a go on my new monitor.

Whoa.

Pretty. Really pretty. Not quite NCAA 360 pretty but exceptionally crisp.

Most everything is the same as it is on the Xbox from what I can tell. But I have a player editor (wtf is up with the 360 version not having a player editor?), I have a nice little interface wherein I can use a mouse (yeah!) I have printer and HTML support, and I have my accelerated clock (wtf is up with the 360 version not having an accelrated clock?). How is it that the future of video gaming still lacks all these features? Anyway..

I played my season opener with the Browns against the Saints.

It may have been the most fun I have had with an NFL game (graphics based) in the past, hell I dunno...decade. Solo game, anyway. I had some NFL 2K5 battles online in our league that were epic. But for a game against the CPU...this was just great.

All you need to do is look at the stat line.

Browns 17 Saints 15

I won on a last second 43 yard FG. I scored *17* points in a game of Madden on 13 minute accelerated quarters. I thought it was going to be a shootout, actually. I scored on my first two possessions. Then Frye went cold and Droughns couldn't find the same lanes. Then Frye got hurt late in the 2nd and was out for the game...which meant...Ken Dorsey. Good lord. Dorsey's arm is noodle-fied. His passes in Madden are ssssssslloowww.

So it's 15-14 with 3 mintues to play and Dorsey somehow completes two huge 15 yard passes..I run a few times and get into range and kick a game winner.

What made this so cool was the stat line. It looked like a real game with not one play that made me think "bullshit." No leaping DBs (thank you sliders) and no triple coverage catches.

Bush 23 carries 121 yards (he's kinda fast)
Brees 13/21 213 1 TD 1 INT

Droughns 21 carries 91 yards
Frye 7/11 89 yards then got hurt
Dorsey 5/13 45 yards 0/0

If all of the games play like this one, Madden PC will be the NFL game of choice for me this football season. Still don't know if I'd say it's better than NCAA XB, but there is probably some college football bias in me saying that. Hmm. No, NCAA XB is still the better game. Al Michaels being the deciding factor.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #270
Ironhead
College Prospect

Anyone with the PC version of the game, how many people look to be playing the game online? I would probably get the game for the regular Xbox but I canceled my Xbox live subscription.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #271
Izulde
Head Coach

In a moment of weakness, I bought Madden 07 and NCAA 07 for the 360 tonight.

Damn me and my weak will.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #272
aran
High School Varsity

My brother rented the PS2 version. It's exactly the same as Madden 06 as far as I can tell. Kind of annoying.

I played one franchise mode game as the Giants. The regular season opener against the Colts. 7 minute quarters, accelerated clock, default slider settings on AP. Final score was 21 - 7, Giants. Peyton played like shit. He threw three ints and one total TD. The Colts running back had a better game, breaking a few nice runs and racking up around 80 yards. The Madden Colts did not play like the real Colts at all, which was really disappointing. They were nowhere near as aggressive as they should've been. Too many ints that shouldn't have happened, including two by Emmons which are BS (my brother played a game as the Jets and had Vilma also pick off 2 passes. Do I smell a bug?). I'm hoping sliders can fix these situations.

The one thing that impressed me: The in-game Giants played much like the real life Giants do. They just can't put a game away. Stupid mistakes (that were the computer's responsibilty: I throw into loose single coverage and the CPU decides to read the play perfectly and picks it off; Comp-controlled DBs allow long Peyton-to-Stokely passes) kept the Colts in the game. Shockey made a good number of catches and broke tackles like he should while Burress toppled like a poorly constructed house of cards when he's as much as grazed by a DB.

The PC version, though, may be right up my alley. I've got a fast-as-shit computer that'll probably allow me to play it at near XBOX360 graphic levels at good framerates. I also have a nice and comfy PC game controller that I quite liked playing Madden 05 PC with.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 PM   #273
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I just came back from circuit city.

Madden 2007 on the pc is really great so far.

I highly recommend it over the console this year.

Gameplay is very solid and again the new animations are slick. Franchise mode is solid and I love the new Player Roles.

How are the pancakes? Are they realistic?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #274
CraigSca
Pro Starter

what minute quarters you playing?

how is the waiver ai?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #275
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
oh dear god
Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #276
aran
High School Varsity

Played Eagles v. Giants with supposedly good AI sliders.

Madden 07 is the exact same game as Madden 06, but with broken fatigue. I upped "sub in/sub out", but all it did was force the AI into making game breaking substitutions like putting shiancoe in on a key 3rd and 5 after Shockey hasn't done anything to fatigue himself the entire possession.

Basically, the game broke down to which team the AI fucks up for less. The first two times the eagles had the ball, I got entirely screwed. They scored on a 91 yard (90 RAC) swing pass to their RB their first offensive play. Why? Because the CB who was over there, on top of their RB, decided he'd face the wong direction and spend half an hour turning around, allowing the RB to go by. The second time, instead of trying to tackle Westbrook, who's running a sweep, one of my LBs decides to run up to a nearby OL and start getting blocked. DUMB AI led to two game deciding plays. Throughout the remainder of the game the AI for players on my team did dumb things. Eli would throw retarded passes to the absolute wrong spots, even though I had him standing still when he threw, and I pushed the stick in the direction I wanted him to pu the ball.

I can't get a completion if one of my players is covered. The AI can, without a problem, complete almost 80-90% of their passes to single covered targets, no matter how hard I try to bat the ball down or make interceptions. The game loves to play an inapproriate animation and fuck me over.

I'm not going to even touch this game again.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #277
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
Played Eagles v. Giants with supposedly good AI sliders.

Madden 07 is the exact same game as Madden 06, but with broken fatigue. I upped "sub in/sub out", but all it did was force the AI into making game breaking substitutions like putting shiancoe in on a key 3rd and 5 after Shockey hasn't done anything to fatigue himself the entire possession.

Basically, the game broke down to which team the AI fucks up for less. The first two times the eagles had the ball, I got entirely screwed. They scored on a 91 yard (90 RAC) swing pass to their RB their first offensive play. Why? Because the CB who was over there, on top of their RB, decided he'd face the wong direction and spend half an hour turning around, allowing the RB to go by. The second time, instead of trying to tackle Westbrook, who's running a sweep, one of my LBs decides to run up to a nearby OL and start getting blocked. DUMB AI led to two game deciding plays. Throughout the remainder of the game the AI for players on my team did dumb things. Eli would throw retarded passes to the absolute wrong spots, even though I had him standing still when he threw, and I pushed the stick in the direction I wanted him to pu the ball.

I can't get a completion if one of my players is covered. The AI can, without a problem, complete almost 80-90% of their passes to single covered targets, no matter how hard I try to bat the ball down or make interceptions. The game loves to play an inapproriate animation and fuck me over.

I'm not going to even touch this game again.

What version did this happen on?

Old 08-25-2006, 11:50 PM   #278
aran
High School Varsity

Quote:
What version did this happen on?

PS2. I said so in my other post like 5ish posts ago.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:28 AM   #279
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
PS2. I said so in my other post like 5ish posts ago.

And you also said you were thinking of picking up a PC version in the same post.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:44 AM   #280
watravaler
High School JV

Don't buy these games. EA has screwed with the AI in both.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 AM   #281
jbmagic
Pro Starter

The 360 version got nothing over the pc version of Madden this year.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 AM   #282
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wish they would abandon the garbage n64 level graphics of the DS version, and instead make a similar game to tecmo bowl, tight side scrolling action. Madden DS probably doesn't sell shit for copies now, but man, if you had online play of that style in the handheld it would be pretty damn sweet. I suppose the ability to hand draw hot routes seems like it would be okay, but I'm sure it's fucked in practice. With split screens you could definitely have a wide field to go east west on.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #283
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The 360 version got nothing over the pc version of Madden this year.

How do you know? Do you always believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?

Have you played ANY games with the 360 version? SS mode sucks, but normal franchise games are great this year. As soon as they get the friggin patch out, I'll be happy.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #284
cmgdodgers
High School JV

Anyone with the PC version actually playing the games out?

If so is there a controller you could recommend thats good for the PC?

thanks!
cmgdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #285
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Have you played ANY games with the 360 version? SS mode sucks, but normal franchise games are great this year. As soon as they get the friggin patch out, I'll be happy.

Dude, he's had the PC version for at least, what, 16 hours? If that doesn't make him an expert on both versions I don't know what will.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #286
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Dude, he's had the PC version for at least, what, 16 hours? If that doesn't make him an expert on both versions I don't know what will.

Maybe he'll write a blog about both of them.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #287
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgdodgers
Anyone with the PC version actually playing the games out?

If so is there a controller you could recommend thats good for the PC?

thanks!

Im playing them out using the Saitek P880. I had to change the registry entry to change the name to Logitech Dual Action. Otherwise i couldnt get the to Pause Menu.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #288
Galaril
Pro Starter

If you play in coach mode only for the PC there isn't a need to have agame pad correct? Is there a coach mode for the superstar mode? Or is that only you control yourself alla FPS?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #289
bhlloy
Coordinator

If you don't mind me asking, what is the general consensus on the PS2 version (getting a bit confused as to who is playing what version) Trying to decide whether to break down and buy it or give it a miss.

2 things I'm really interested in - a) is the fatigue bug definitely in there and b) is superstar mode any good?

Last edited by bhlloy : 08-26-2006 at 12:21 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #290
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Do you always believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?
You even have to ask that question to the person who believed that Maximus was dead without remotely questioning it???
Old 08-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #291
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Your beloved Bill Abner even said it and he tested the xbox, xbox 360 and pc version.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #292
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
You even have to ask that question to the person who believed that Maximus was dead without remotely questioning it???
Gotta admit, Vulcan/Maximus got me with that one too.

Although I wasn't the one to report it.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #293
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog

Wheb you get email saying that, you can take it serious.

I didnt think someone will play a sick joke like that when it comes to death.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #294
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your beloved Bill Abner even said it and he tested the xbox, xbox 360 and pc version.

Here is where you lack reading comprehension:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Abner
Morning Madden Thoughts

Well, I'm still waiting on the 360 version but I can tell you this much.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #295
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

..and FWIW, I respect Bill's opinions, but if he doesn't like a game, I don't box it up and take it back...
Old 08-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #296
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Damn they need to fix this fatigue issue. Stats have been decent, but I've been running well with Jackson as he doesn't tire. If that ever gets fixed, this game could see some good playing time from me.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #297
Raiders Army
Coordinator

/agreed. I only run LaMont Jordan two or three plays in a row because I don't want him to fumble. At the end of the game, I'd like the option to at least run the clock out that way, especially if he's gaining 3-4 yds per carry.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #298
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Todd

Please don't get mad at me. Just saying the pc version is really good this year. I think even you will love the coach mode and the acceraltion clock on it. And players get tire on games you play.

The game plays very well and looks great. Best Madden version ever on the PC.

I just think the 360 version is too strip down for me at this time. I see what they do next season with the xbox 360 version of Madden.

I still going to end up getting the xbox 360 console and getting NBA 2k7 and probably the zombie game.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #299
RainMaker
General Manager

I just can't get into the 360 version at all. With no fatigue, the game simply can't be played till a patch comes out (if ever). I also can't stand the fact that the current gen system has so many more extras and features in their franchise mode. It just seems like the 360 version is better animations, better graphics, and stripped of all the goodies that made Madden playable.

I'm not sold on the 360 gameplay yet. I think people like it right now because it is different and thus more difficult and challenging. I don't necessarily find that to be better, just different. The same issues with suction blocking, collision detection, and moronic DB play riddle the gameplay. Throw in the fact that the 360 has ZERO atmosphere to it makes me not very excited during a game.

My biggest issue with the gameplay though is the unresponsiveness. You just aren't as involved as in previous versions. It's much more difficult to make manual plays on defense such as covering receivers, swatting down balls, or stepping in front of a pass for a pick. Receiver controls are clunky as well and they tend not to do what you want them to do (leap for a ball and the receiver will leap in the wrong direction).

Perhaps I'm being overly critical, but I just expected more for the 2nd version on the 360. The game seems more like a first release as it still misses a ton of features and extras that the current gen has had for years. You don't notice these right away but over time it adds up as you realize one by one how many features are just not in this game. It just seems like a half ass effort to put out a next gen video game. If you had told me that Madden would be at this level 2 years into the next-gen console, I'd have told you that you were crazy. The simple fact that people are debating whether to buy the next gen or current gen game is a sign of just how bad the next gen version is (this shouldn't have even been a debate).

So I'll stick to the current gen this year and maybe give the 360 a try if a patch comes out (which I doubt it will). It's more fun to play against people and has all the features I'm used to in the game. I'm not sure if this is a ploy by EA to get people to buy both versions, but if not, it's a sad state of football gaming that we are at this stage. Current gen didn't improve at all while the next gen is still miles away from a polished product.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #300
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Actually, he was taking a dig at me, because I misspelled Laurence Maroney's name wrong in the post.

But thanks for the info on the roster update. It does need to be fixed (example: Ty Law is a free agent in the game)

You spelled Dillon as "Dillion" too.