Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #201
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Doug Moore again for me. Right now trainign appears to be free if you're not on a team.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #202
rjolley
College Starter

I'll create Moe Jolley as a pitcher, and an outfielder if he's needed.

I'll hold of on the outfielder to see what kind we need.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #203
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

3B Nunzio Santoni has been created again. I'll hold off on accepting a contract so I can be on the FOFC team. Anything else we need?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #204
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Johnny checking in. Very excited with the new server and reset! Great job by Ryan and Frederik.

I bought the Seattle Storm again!

All are invited to join. Right now training is FREE as a draftee (or highly discounted) so spend all of your money on training as a draftee and then I will send contracts later tonight (I'll be out until 11:30 EST)! Get that training in!

I'm going to try a new strategy that gives huge starting bonuses to the players (after 1 hit, 1 SO, etc.). This way you don't have to wait everyday for your training money, and you can train faster than everyone and buy equiptment.

OK, will check back later.

New people: The server is flying and the game is fun now. If you want to sign up, now is the time.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-05-2009 at 10:16 AM.
JohnnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #205
wade moore
lolzcat

The "free" training appears to be gone fwiw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #206
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I'm going to be gone most of the afternoon (Go Nats!), but I will catch up on training when I get home.

If anyone finds information on what attributes help what positions, please post it.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #207
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

They've fixed the free training issue that they had this morning. It does look like they've resolved the 'bonus' issues in training. Before today, it was $100 to train no matter what status your player was in. Now, the 100% training bonus for draftees is reflected in the fact that you can train for $50 per session rather than $100 with no bonus.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #208
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I'm going to be gone most of the afternoon (Go Nats!), but I will catch up on training when I get home.

If anyone finds information on what attributes help what positions, please post it.

This a VERY VERY VERY Unofficial list posted by a member who thinks what means what. He was a GLBer so he probably has some grasp. Take it with a grain of salt though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOB
General Attributes

Agility:
Quickness and acceleration. For a fielder, this calculates into how fast you will get to a ball from the moment it leaves the bat. For a pitcher, it does the same. I doubt that agility is taken into account on the actual throwing of the ball. I could see it being a measure of accuracy of pitches, but their already seems to be an accuracy attribute. For batters and base runners, agility will allow you to get out of the batters box quicker, and will help acceleration when stealing bases. I could see it helping in avoiding the tag as well. Additionally, it may help with bat acceleration and hitting accuracy.

Awareness:
Awareness can be linked to "game situation intelligence." This will determine how well you perform under specific baseball circumstances compared to everyone else. It will directly affect what decisions you make during a play. For instance, when running the bases on a long single, the awareness attribute would tell the base runner whether or not to risk stretching it into a double. For a batter, it might help with identifying pitches better, and what pitch you are likely to get from the specific pitcher given the current situation in the ball game, pitch count, hit count, etc. For a fielder, it would help in determining things like the likely hood of turning a double play, or how environmental factors are effecting the ball in flight. For a pitcher, it would help them identify which pitch would most likely succeed to a particular batter. For instance, knowing a certain batter likes fastballs behind in the count would usually mean not to throw one, or better yet throw a changeup when you know the batter is looking fastball. This attribute has a lot of factors it would seem, and is one of the more complex to fully understand.

Confidence:
For all players, this attribute determines how well they will perform in a given circumstance. For instance, its the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, ahead one run and bases are loaded...and its a full count. A pitcher with a high confidence level will not be shaken, thus lessening the probability that the batter will reach base. You could apply the same concept to all of the other players and circumstances. In addition, a high confidence level will tend to make the player perform well more consistently. A pitchers pick-off move or a catchers throw to second to prevent a steal would be successful more than with a low confidence.

Luck:
Self explanatory really. The higher your luck, the better your probability of succeeding in whatever you do. Id imagine someone with a high amount of luck would not see a major difference in their performance, however minor victories will probably be evident.

Speed:
This will determine your raw ability to perform actions which require speed. Base running, stealing bases, beating out a throw, ability to catch a ball hit far from you, etc...these are the things that the attribute speed will help with.

Stamina:
This attribute usually determines the ability to perform well even on low energy, and to lower the energy drain throughout the game. The higher your stamina, the more likely it is you will not need to be replaced for your backup. For a pitcher, it would seem to allow you to go deeper into games. There is probably a direct correlation between pitch count and stamina.

Vision:
This attribute deals directly with the intuition of a player to perform a specific baseball act. For instance, an outfielder with high vision would get a better jump on a ball hit based on the trajectory of the ball and environmental factors than a lower vision outfielder. An infielder would be able to get a better jump on a hard hit ball their way, and would be less likely to make an error on it. A base runner thinking of stealing a base would have a better chance of timing when to leave the base, therefore giving a better jump. A pitcher however with a high vision would have a better chance of picking off a runner on base. A player with a high vision would be an instinctual base runner who more times than not takes advantage or a situation that allows the runner to move up or score on a wild throw or passed ball.

Offensive Attributes

Bunting:
Probably essential for Pitchers to have a good level of skill in this. The better the skill, the more likely you will put down the bunt successfully. Might also be good for speedy base runners who can bunt for a hit.

Coordination:
This might be better as a general attribute than a strictly offensive one. However, from the offensive perspective, coordination would effect how well a batter is able to hit the ball. I suspect a correlation between a higher batting average and a high coordination rating due to the ability to make better contact with the ball, and being able to place the ball where you want it.

Power:
This attribute as well should be in general, however... Offensively, power means how far you can hit a ball. It also probably helps with base running acceleration and speed.

Defensive Attributes

Accuracy:
From a defensive perspective, accuracy can be defined as the ability of a player to hit their mark. A pitcher will throw more strikes if he has a higher accuracy. An outfielder will make a better throw to the plate. A catcher will throw out base runners attempting to steal or to pick off base. It might possibly help with the fielders ability to adjust to a short hop or unexpected change in the balls progress. As a reach, it might help the base runner slide better.

Arm Strength:
For a fielder, this is essential to be able to make your throws to get a runner out, or to relay the ball to the infield more quickly. An outfielder would get the ball faster towards home plate. A third basemen would be able to fire the ball better after making a bare-handed grab. For a pitcher, this is a no-brainer. The higher this stat is, the faster you can throw the ball. I would warn against pouring ALL of your points into this stat and none into accuracy, or you will develop into the next "Wild Thing." Throws 110mph, and hits the batter more times than the catcher's glove. A balance will have to be found through research.

Sure-handedness:
This will be important for infielders who have a lot of hard hit balls fired at them. A high rating in sure-handedness will allow the fielder to be able to catch the ball better and more consistently. It will also increase the likelihood of turning a double play, allowing the fielder to get the ball out of their glove quicker. First basemen and catchers especially should have a high rating in this, as they field a lot more balls per game than anyone else.

*******************************************************************************************************

So, here are my recommendations for Major/Minor skills based on Position:
(note that I assume 1B,3B,RF,LF are power hitters, and 2B,SS,CF are speedsters)

Pitchers:
Major: Arm Strength, Accuracy, Awareness, Bunting
Minor: Coordination, Vision, Confidence, Stamina

1st Basemen:
Major: Power, Coordination, Sure-Handedness
Minor: Agility, Confidence, Awareness

2nd Basemen
Major: Speed, Sure-Handedness, Accuracy
Minor: Vision, Awareness, Agility, Coordination, Bunting

Shortstop
Major: Speed, Sure-Handedness, Accuracy
Minor: Vision, Awareness, Agility, Coordination, Bunting, Arm Strength

3rd Basemen
Major: Power, Coordination, Sure-Handedness, Arm Strength
Minor: Agility, Confidence, Awareness

Catchers
Major: Sure-Handedness, Arm Strength, Accuracy, Confidence
Minor: Vision, Coordination, Agility

Left Fielders
Major: Power, Arm-Strength, Accuracy
Minor: Speed, Confidence, Awareness

Right Fielders
Major: Power, Arm-Strength, Accuracy
Minor: Speed, Confidence, Awareness

Center Fielders
Major: Speed, Vision, Arm Strength
Minor: Accuracy, Confidence, Agility
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #209
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I've created LF Bob Summers again.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #210
Arles
Grey Dog Software

recreated Arles Cruiser and training him up.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #211
hawk4669
High School JV

Recreated Hawk Brewster....on a minor league team now, but would love to go to a FOFC team.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #212
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I've created a couple players, like someone said above- now that the server is running more smoothly, and you can actually click links it's pretty fun.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #213
rjolley
College Starter

Moe Jolley is training to be pitcher for the squad.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #214
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, it's not "fun" for me yet - it's still a click-fest with an unknown engine / balance right now.

There's already messages about a guy that has three teams in the same league with all players maxed out.

So, I'm still cautious - but that stuff bothers me less than the site just not working.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #215
bbor
Pro Starter

Catcher...Fil Amonte.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #216
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Deacon palmer is down to like 300 bucks so some point to day he will be ready to join a team
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #217
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

3B Nunzio Santoni is in about the same place with money. His brother Guido the Pitcher is a bit behind in his training.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #218
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm at $550 - this stuff starts to take quite awhile at the higher numbers

Quote:
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #219
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

LF Bob Summers is all done training and ready for invite.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #220
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

As is Deacon Palmer
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #221
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I am slowly doing the training. It's a bit of a pain that you have to sit through hours of training before you actually start.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #222
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I've completed my training and assigned my points (have like 35 power) if Seattle would like to send an offer.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #223
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Offers sent to Arles, Summers, and Deacon. I'll try to get an updated roster list here soon. Very few spots left. Please read the updated Owner's Address in the team only forum once you join.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-06-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #224
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Contract accepted!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #225
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood View Post
Offers sent to Arles, Summers, and Deacon. I'll try to get an updated roster list here soon. Very few spots left. Please read the updated Owner's Address in the team only forum once you join.

Let me know if you've got room for my 3B and/or my P. If not, I'll just grab a CPU offer.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #226
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Is the offer I have from you? (Doug Moore)

Since the offer page returns a 404, it is hard to tell.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #227
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Contracts sent to Wade moore, Doug Moore, and Nunzio Santoni.

If anyone else is thinking of joining up, do it: http://www.mmobaseball.com/createaccount.aspx?ref=48

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-06-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #228
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Contracts sent to Wade moore, Doug Moore, and Nunzio Santoni.

If anyone else is thinking of joining up, do it: http://www.mmobaseball.com/createaccount.aspx?ref=48

Were you interested in Pitcher Guido Santoni too, or not. No pressure.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #229
rjolley
College Starter

Are you sending offers to the players that were on the squad before?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #230
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Were you interested in Pitcher Guido Santoni too, or not. No pressure.

Trying to do one player per person... for now at least. There is a ton of demand for US Pro teams, and especially Seattle (for whatever reason), so I'm trying to give everyone a chance to play (granted, some people have 2 players on the team).

Yes rjolley, I am trying to get previous players back on the team. Is your player ready for an offer? Done training?

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-06-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #231
rjolley
College Starter

Should have him done tomorrow. Work's been crazy and I haven't had as much time to train.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #232
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Trying to do one player per person... for now at least. There is a ton of demand for US Pro teams, and especially Seattle (for whatever reason), so I'm trying to give everyone a chance to play (granted, some people have 2 players on the team).

Yes rjolley, I am trying to get previous players back on the team. Is your player ready for an offer? Done training?

That is fine, I was just curious what your plan was. I'll grab another contract elsewhere for this guy.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #233
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Should have him done tomorrow. Work's been crazy and I haven't had as much time to train.

Don't sweat it. I'll save you a spot. Let me know when you're ready.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #234
rjolley
College Starter

Moe Jolley is ready for an offer.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #235
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Sent.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #236
rjolley
College Starter

Accepted
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #237
bbor
Pro Starter

Pitcher Ty Trykster is ready

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #238
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Offer sent. Will be out all day tomorrow, so probably won't be online. Season starts Friday. Anyone else want to play your best bet is to make a C, SS, or CF. No guarantees though if I can add you, only 2 or 3 spots left. If you post here, I will hold your spot until your training is finished if I see it.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-07-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #239
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I onlly have an offer from
Virginia Beach Tidewaters

Did you possibly send it to the retired Doug Moore?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #240
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Is it odd that my pitcher has never received even a CPU contract offer?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #241
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Is it odd that my pitcher has never received even a CPU contract offer?

My guy was that way until Johnny made an offer.

Now i have two counting Johnny (trying to get all of my training in - takes FOREVER).

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #242
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I don't know that there are many cpu teams at this point. And if there are, I don't know how much roster space they have.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #243
JohnnyBGood
n00b

OK. I am not seeing Wade Moore on the team. Lordscarlet - I am sorry, all these Moore's are confusing me. Offer sent! We have 9 pitchers right now. We only need 11. I had to revoke bbor's offer for Ty Trykster because wade moore and lordscarlet asked to join first. With that said, bbor, I'd love to take on your next player. I tried adding your catcher but can't send offers to players on other teams. If you want to ask your team owner to release you, I'll definitely sign your catcher as we need another one badly. Or if you want to create a CF, or SS let me know and I'll save your spot.

5 spots left

P - wade moore (pending)
P - lordscarlet (pending)
C
CF
SS

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #244
wade moore
lolzcat

I have an offer, but I'm not done training.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #245
wade moore
lolzcat

Actually, I just started my last training - so I accepted the offer.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #246
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have $200 to spend, then I'm in.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #247
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

training takes for f'ing ever.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #248
JohnnyBGood
n00b

Lordscarlet... sounds good. Take your time, you're the only Pitcher with an offer right now so no worries. Have until 3 AM tonight to accept or else you'll miss your daily salary.

Also, people are saying the roster limit is 24 not 25. So we only need a C and a SS, We can get by with 5 OF's, so scrap the CF need.

Last edited by JohnnyBGood : 05-07-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #249
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I think I will try and get back in and create the SS you guys need.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #250
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

SS created named Andrew Foley.