Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #201
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Call me naive maybe, which I'm usually not, I'm more the absolute cynic type, but I'm having a tough time reconciling this through anything other than a complete mental breakdown.

I won't lie, I can come up with a scenario where he somehow ends up killing his wife. That may sound shitty but it's the truth, I can conjure up some sort of scenario where I can picture it. But from every account, all the stuff tonight, anything I can ever recall reading or hearing at any time, I just cannot get my head around how this could happen, how he could kill his kid.
It just does not fucking FIT, not in anything I can imagine unless he just snapped, left this world mentally & emotionally absolutely completely. I don't mean fit of anger snapped, or some temporary something, I'm talking about completely gone & never coming back insane. Other than that scenario, I just can't come up with any way this happens.

I'm just ... bewildered, and that is most definitely not my usual reaction to this sort of stuff.

QFT. All the stuff that Chavo was saying about him being a great family man and stuff...and whats-her-face, HHH's wife...just doesn't make any sense. Doesn't fit with this at all.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #202
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Wild story.

It will be interesting what the media fallout will be over the next few days, considering what a slow period it is elsewhere.

If this turns out to be true, that Chris did it, the headline on Nancy Grace tomorrow night will be "Wrestlers, they're out of control."
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #203
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
from the latest version in the Atlanta newspaper http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...625benoit.html
"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

Honestly, I can't wait. It is sick to say but at this point I am past Benoit being a piece of shit, now I just want to know how big a POS he truly was.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #204
molson
General Manager

I agree with Jon. Domestic Violence is rampant. For every incident that actually results in death, there's hundreds more that could have. Hell, it's widely believed that Jimmy Snuka killed his girlfriend (his girlfriend ended up dead in his hotel room, and there were no other suspects), and we still revere him as a legend.

But the kid - only mental illness explains that. Or I guess, absolute enraged panic about him being a witness. I don't know.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #205
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Honestly, I can't wait. It is sick to say but at this point I am past Benoit being a piece of shit, now I just want to know how big a POS he truly was.

Same here. Shit can't really get any worse for anyone involved, I can't wait to here the next twist.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #206
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
QFT. All the stuff that Chavo was saying about him being a great family man and stuff...and whats-her-face, HHH's wife...just doesn't make any sense. Doesn't fit with this at all.

Yeah, exactly. A complete mental breakdown aside, how does Chavo miss this? Ugh... I'm going to bed, before I get any more depressed.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

On a pretty practical note, the potential for fallout on this seems very big to me.

Stories rehashing the documented history of drug abuse, both illicit & prescription, steroids, the physical strains & risks of the business, any number of shady operators on the fringes (and in the mainstream), shit I could go on for an hour & not hit all the possible angles.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #208
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Obviously I am still the only person here that lives under a rock.

No, you're not. Never heard of the guy before tonight. Although he lived about 10 minutes from where I went to high school.

I have to ask the obvious question...I assume there's going to end up being a connection between him snapping and steroids?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #209
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Wrestling Observer says murder sucide as well.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=20002

Meltzer is a pretty credible "wrestling source" too
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #210
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have to ask the obvious question...I assume there's going to end up being a connection between him snapping and steroids?
No idea if this would be connected to steroids. There's a difference between "roid rage" and double murder... there has to be more at play.

If you're asking if he was on steroids... probably. He definitely wasn't a big guy, he was actually one of the smallest wrestlers to ever have main event success. But like Eddie Guerrero, he was certainly pretty ripped for a small guy.

The WWE does have a steroid policy now (they didn't for many years and were very upfront about that). Guys have been suspended or even fired for failing tests. But then again, the NFL has a policy too, and who's to say a business like the WWE would actually take action against a star who came back positive.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #211
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
Yeah, exactly. A complete mental breakdown aside, how does Chavo miss this? Ugh... I'm going to bed, before I get any more depressed.

Especially staying at his House as a guest recently....

One comment every Wrestler mentioned in addition to him being a great Family Man was intensity, which is pretty obvious watching him Wrestle. If there was infidelity that he discovered, that could have have just made him snap.....but again, even if this was the case, why his Son?

Shouldn't speculate I guess............
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #212
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 44 (35 members and 9 guests)
Karlifornia, Axxon, BamaJags, Buccaneer, BYU 14, clintl, Comey, CU Tiger, dervack, DeToxRox, fflix, Fidatelo, Gary Gorski, General Mike, graygoosetwelve, Grundy, High_Drolic, hoosierdude, Jas_lov, Joe Canadian, JonInMiddleGA, LastWhiteSoxFanStanding, LloydLungs, Maple Leafs, Miller Time, NevStar, Panthersfan75, Racer, Schmidty, ShaefIllini, SirFozzie, SnDvls, spleen1015, Sweed, WVUFAN

Wow.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #213
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Wrestling Observer says murder sucide as well.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=20002

Meltzer is a pretty credible "wrestling source" too
He's very credible, but he's only relaying the same Atlanta TV station report that's been repeated elsewhere. Nothing new from him yet, although he must know something...
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #214
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
On a pretty practical note, the potential for fallout on this seems very big to me.

Stories rehashing the documented history of drug abuse, both illicit & prescription, steroids, the physical strains & risks of the business, any number of shady operators on the fringes (and in the mainstream), shit I could go on for an hour & not hit all the possible angles.

I think you are spot on with this.......
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #215
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
One comment every Wrestler mentioned in addition to him being a great Family Man was intensity, which is pretty obvious watching him Wrestle. If there was infidelity that he discovered, that could have have just made him snap.....but again, even if this was the case, why his Son?
Benoit had been around the wrestling business and on the road for 20 years. He couldn't possibly be shocked by infidelity. Mick Foley once said that in his entire career he'd only ever known one wrestler who didn't cheat on his wife.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #216
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Another update on Benoit murder/suicide

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #217
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Benoit had been around the wrestling business and on the road for 20 years. He couldn't possibly be shocked by infidelity. Mick Foley once said that in his entire career he'd only ever known one wrestler who didn't cheat on his wife.

True, and that is how he got hooked up with Nancy, but it is a lot easier to give than take.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #218
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
No, you're not. Never heard of the guy before tonight. Although he lived about 10 minutes from where I went to high school.

That was my reaction as well. I've been reading this thread trying to understand all of the emotions and connectiveness (apart from a family being found dead). Steroids are drugs and an entertainment/sport that lives by it, seems to die by it as well. So needless tragic.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #219
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Another update on Benoit murder/suicide

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

?

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #220
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Benoit had his neck fused a few years ago, and came back as quick as possible (still was around a year) I just can't help but think pills are surely involved. No excuse, but I am not going to be surprised if true.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #221
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I'm gonna vomit.

RIP
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #222
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's probably a bit of a leap at this point. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that he had been prescribed steroids at some point around his surgery to repair damage done by a ruptured disc that fragmented into his spinal column.

It's possible, or at least conceivable, that some connection could be made if he (speculatively) he took those legally or even continued to take them illegally perhaps. But that's also 6 years ago, and he really didn't display anything in the way of tell-tale signs of consistent steroid use. He was somewhat bigger overall in the past few years than in earlier stages of his career but the change seemed to me well within the reasonable range of someone just gaining a little weight as they age into their 30's and beyond.

I could pretty easily conjure up the possibility of some painkiller use/abuse as well, considering the physical damage he'd had, but again there's not really been anything I can recall that would been indicative of that either.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #223
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
?

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=20003
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #224
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Not you, jb, I'm puzzled by the way the article was phrased, that's all.

RIP
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #225
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

yep. Looks like they fix it.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 PM   #226
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

For those who didn't follow it, what this linkage clears up is the oddly worded quote from Meltzer earlier, now corrected to read more clearly
Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #227
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
So am I the only person who doesn't know who the hell this guy was? I've never heard this name before I read this thread.

Nope. I figured he was a hockey player for some nowhere team like Nashville, or a below average 1st baseman somewhere...

Although I never found what the attraction to the show they call "wrestling," and find it ridiculous to talk about who is going to win a match that they obviously know is as scripted as an affair on Search for Tomorrow, I still find this to be a terrible story and feel for his family (especially the kids that were in Canada.)
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #228
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

Typical Dave Meltzer typo.

I'm just very depressed about the whole situation as it stands now. I don't have the words.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #229
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
... and find it ridiculous to talk about who is going to win a match that they obviously know is as scripted...
No different than talking about what will happen to Tony Soprano or how Jack Bauer will save the world, really.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #230
SnDvls
Pro Starter

if they are correct in that Nancy died then Daniel then Chris I fear my worst fears here on who did what.

It's gone from bad to worse as more info comes out.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #231
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
No different than talking about what will happen to Tony Soprano or how Jack Bauer will save the world, really.

Those shows are fake too?

First really bizarre wrinkle may be out - the kid was alive for a day after the mother? There goes the singular act of rage theory. What the hell happened between the two murders?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #232
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Nope. I figured he was a hockey player for some nowhere team like Nashville, or a below average 1st baseman somewhere...

Although I never found what the attraction to the show they call "wrestling," and find it ridiculous to talk about who is going to win a match that they obviously know is as scripted as an affair on Search for Tomorrow, I still find this to be a terrible story and feel for his family (especially the kids that were in Canada.)

But apparently it's more than that as seen by those who are feeling physically sick by all of this. I guess I am not that connected to any athlete/entertainer to feel that way, regardless of the tragic circumstances. I feel bad for those that knew them personally, but I guess I never realized how much of an impact pro wrestling has on some of those here. I really must be living under a rock, on a different planet.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #233
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I really must be living under a rock, on a different planet.

Buc, I love you man, but you try waaaaaaay too hard to be "different" and "crusty". I mean, how many times do you have to repeat the same thing?

We get it.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 PM   #234
Tigercat
College Starter

Its what it is, a cross between a drama show(all be it mostly over the top like a soap opera) and athletic endeavors. Just like people cheer athletes in sports and have opinions on how things will work out on a TV show, so people respond that way to wrestling shows. A person can get as attached as a person can get to any highly visible athlete or entertainer. To pass wrestling and its viewership off as something that is hard to understand must mean the observer isn't paying enough attention, because its not that unusual a phenomenon.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #235
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Buc, I love you man, but you try waaaaaaay too hard to be "different" and "crusty". I mean, how many times do you have to repeat the same thing?

We get it.

Only twice with a slight variation. Just trying to understand the fascination.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #236
digamma
Torchbearer

Seems more than a little strange for the WWE site to have Double Murder-Suicide up on the page and the four side links are all tributes to Benoit.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #237
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
But apparently it's more than that as seen by those who are feeling physically sick by all of this. I guess I am not that connected to any athlete/entertainer to feel that way, regardless of the tragic circumstances. I feel bad for those that knew them personally, but I guess I never realized how much of an impact pro wrestling has on some of those here. I really must be living under a rock, on a different planet.

I've been watching wrestling since I was 6 year old, so I remember seeing Benoit first on ECW, then WCW then WWE. His style of wrestling and his intensity made him my favorite wrestler.

When you watch a single show or a single actor/athlete for 10+ years, you have a tendency to get used to/attached to said actor or athlete. That was Benoit for me. I'm saddened at his passing, regardless of what happened.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #238
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Really? A guy who had an 18 year career in a very public form of mass media entertainment dies suddenly and people express shock and sadness, and you have to really "try" to understand why?

We know that most people aren't fans of the industry or even should be, and that can be an argument for another day, but what's happening here really isn't all that hard to piece together.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #239
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Seems more than a little strange for the WWE site to have Double Murder-Suicide up on the page and the four side links are all tributes to Benoit.

Yeah...The WWE might just have to disavow connections with Benoit from this point forward. Sticky situation.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #240
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I respect that, but if you haven't figured out fan fascination for "stars" of all kinds yet, in all of your 71 years, you never will. So just be comfortable in your spot under the rock, and let us young'uns go about our business.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #241
MikeVic
Head Coach

I watched RAW at a friend's house and come back to all this new info... I just don't know what to say, but it'll be difficult to sleep.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #242
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
?

Even more curious: How long has JB been back???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #243
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

From that standpoint, since I'm really not sensing a particular shot at wrestling/wrestling fans here, maybe the analogy I tried for my wife earlier tonight to attempt to put this in some perspective will be somehow helpful (although I lean toward doubting it, since I suspect you won't connect to it either).

For at least some portion of wrestling fans, this is something on the order of finding out that Diana killed William & Harry before dying in a car crash that she caused intentionally. Not quite to that extreme but in that vicinity. And it's all come in a matter of hours instead of days.

Meanwhile, I tried to figure out some other parallel for me personally, something that would come as this big a shock & be this disturbing. The closest I could come up with was if Greg Maddux was involved in the same situation. Now I hold Maddux in pretty much the same regard for baseball that I consider Flair for wrestling, so that's not quite the same but it's about as close as I've been able to come up with.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #244
dime
High School JV

terrible news for all the obvious reasons, but particularly for wwe. wrestling has had enough negative publicity to last it forever, this sounds like a very brutal/bizarre tale that's about to unfold and as always there will be a lot of finger-pointing. I would expect some opportunistic blowhard in congress to try and haul the "dead" vince mcmahon out on the carpet to "answer" for what has happened and an unsafe working culture, etc. I doubt that any of this had to do with steroids or being a wrestler, however.

this also blows up the vince mcmahon angle, which was not very promising but was something they'd invested a lot of resources and planning into; that's all wasted now.

as for this story, the very careful/reserved commentary from investigators and the like lead me to believe it is going to be uglier than we expect. perhaps it was even accidental; asphyxiation during sex or something equally bizarre.

or perhaps benoit, in some sort of alcohol or drug blackout, kills his wife in an argument and passes out. he forgets this happened until waking or being waked by his son. overcome with grief and shame, he decides he should die for what he's done...but doesn't want to leave his son alone/scarred for life? so he kills his son before killing himself in a misguided attempt to get a fresh start in the afterlife or tie up loose strings or take care of his responsibilities or whatever the reasoning of a madman.

Last edited by dime : 06-25-2007 at 11:52 PM.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #245
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
From that standpoint, since I'm really not sensing a particular shot at wrestling/wrestling fans here, maybe the analogy I tried for my wife earlier tonight to attempt to put this in some perspective will be somehow helpful (although I lean toward doubting it, since I suspect you won't connect to it either).

For at least some portion of wrestling fans, this is something on the order of finding out that Diana killed William & Harry before dying in a car crash that she caused intentionally. Not quite to that extreme but in that vicinity. And it's all come in a matter of hours instead of days.

Meanwhile, I tried to figure out some other parallel for me personally, something that would come as this big a shock & be this disturbing. The closest I could come up with was if Greg Maddux was involved in the same situation. Now I hold Maddux in pretty much the same regard for baseball that I consider Flair for wrestling, so that's not quite the same but it's about as close as I've been able to come up with.

I'm with Bucc. Your post doesn't explain anything. There are so many posts here where I just thought to myself "Why is this poster acting like they actually knew this guy?"

I guess I can get being sad and maybe even saying you're going to throw up about some guy you don't know killing his family then himself. But then all the posts about not understanding how he could do it? Nobody here knew the guy. I have never seen this kind of reaction to a famous person's death. It's bizarre to some of us, clearly.

I'm not begrudging anyone their feelings or their reaction. But Bucc is not alone.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #246
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

We may not "know" the guy but that doesn't mean we may not be completely shocked by his actions after years of reading/learning about him. For example, in the news story replace "Chris Benoit" with "Cal Ripken Jr" and maybe it might be better understood. For all intents and purposes, Cal does not have an enemy in all of baseball and all that has always been forced down our throats about him was how he was a great ambassador for the game, a great family man, etc. For someone of that percieved stature to go about and kill his wife, and then his son? We may not *know* him but it shouldn't be out of hte ordinary for us to be absolutely shocked by what happened.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #247
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
I'm with Bucc. Your post doesn't explain anything. There are so many posts here where I just thought to myself "Why is this poster acting like they actually knew this guy?"

What difference does it make whether someone "gets it" or not? Looking at the first page of this message board, there's probably 6-10 topics I don't really "get". So what?

I mean, imagine a conversation, with a number of people, all intensely interested in the topic. Then, another person joins the group and says, "Ya, I don't get any of this". The people in the group would say, "OK, great, thanks for sharing".

Last edited by molson : 06-26-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #248
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post

I guess I can get being sad and maybe even saying you're going to throw up about some guy you don't know killing his family then himself. But then all the posts about not understanding how he could do it? Nobody here knew the guy. I have never seen this kind of reaction to a famous person's death. It's bizarre to some of us, clearly.

I'm not begrudging anyone their feelings or their reaction. But Bucc is not alone.

How is it so hard to understand that people follow certain celebrities(be it actors, muscians, or athletes) closely and get a certain idea about the type of person they believe that celebrity is? If Paul Newman was involved in a similar situation, lots of people would be sad and confused right now.

Right or wrong, Benoit was seen as a good guy that was dedicated to the betterment of the world(of wrestling) that he lived in. So people are sad and confused about the news that is out right now.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #249
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I clicked the link because it was viewed so many times. Each time I come back its been viewed many times more than replied to, so I keep clicking, its like a disease

Either way, RIP to all who died without need. I hope rest is found for those(if any) who died of cause.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #250
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm guessing a lot of what connects people with Benoit was the way he made his living. He was never the "big thing" but always one of the best inside the ring. Rarely if ever did you hear/read much bad about him and he seemed to really earn every inch of his career through blood/sweat/effort. For me the additional fact that he's from around here and his career pretty much grew at around the time I was a big wrestling fan made me that much more a fan of his.

I sincerely hope that he's not responsible for everything that happened, and even trying to intellectually think of how I'll respond if/when it's proven is just not doable right now. The guy pretty much embodied wrestling the way I wish it would be as an industry and I had thought was a pretty decent human being at the same time.

Sad part is, the best case scenario I can think of is that he got home, found his wife and son dead due to some odd sort of poisoning and killed himself out of grief. Certainly not the ending I would ever wish on anybody, but there aren't a lot of better options given the evidence released so far.