Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2001, 02:56 PM   #201
FishFan
College Prospect

So have you guys hooked up yet? If not, what's the delay?
FishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:01 PM   #202
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

I'll give you an update later this evening . . .I am going out to have coffee with a friend.

Actually, I have to listen to her debate over whether she is getting married or breaking up with jer significant other.

It is good to be at the beginning and not the potential end of a relationship.

------------------
"I should write myself a reminder."
Old 03-27-2001, 03:19 PM   #203
Daimyo
College Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Critch:
Would they let a single male adopt a daughter?

I wanted to adopt a 19 year old Korean girl, but my fiance wouldn't let me... jkjkjk

Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:30 PM   #204
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Ctown-Fan:
I'll give you an update later this evening . . .I am going out to have coffee with a friend.

Actually, I have to listen to her debate over whether she is getting married or breaking up with jer significant other.

It is good to be at the beginning and not the potential end of a relationship.

You should direct her to us, we have done a decent job with your situation, God only knows where you would be with out us!

Old 03-27-2001, 07:29 PM   #205
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:

Hey - that would be a great idea for a date!

Quote:

If she has to ask the question she should pull the plug.
---
While she is vulnerable you should give her a good poke.

Nothing takes a man,s mind off of sex like sex.

If you are going to do it, I would suggest laying some ears of corn around the bed. She will wonder what they are for, and keep her mind off your, ah, member.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:42 PM   #206
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Beers Monday at 9 (pm of course)

Yes, this means I have a second date!

BTW, she hates Clowns. Something about scary oil paintings in her home as a child.

[This message has been edited by Ctown-Fan (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 07:48 PM   #207
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz:
While she is vulnerable you should give her a good poke.

Sorry Dude as much as I love my friend (and she is beautiful) I would never go there. She used to um, "date" my college roomate. That is something I don't want to have in my history.

------------------
"I should write myself a reminder."
Old 03-28-2001, 03:57 AM   #208
Alf
Pro Starter

Smile

Man, that is a thread !!! Already over 200 posts in this thread.

I hope SHE doesn't plat FOF so she can't see this :-)

------------------

Alf
Old 03-28-2001, 05:14 AM   #209
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Sorry Dude as much as I love my friend (and she is beautiful) I would never go there. She used to um, "date" my college roomate. That is something I don't want to have in my history.

That's thre problem with male feminists, they never know when a good poke is in order. Someone drive up to Clevelandand show Ctown how to get the job done.

Note: Ctown made no mention about the corn, he must be using some of my ideas....
Old 03-28-2001, 08:33 AM   #210
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Note: Ctown made no mention about the corn, he must be using some of my ideas....

Nah, I, ummm, ummm, wouldn't want to make the corn jealous

------------------
"I should write down a reminder."
Old 03-28-2001, 08:38 AM   #211
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

CTown -

If you want to intimidate her swap the corn out for pineapples and a bag of rubber fishing worms, the kind with the bright red sickle tails.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:49 AM   #212
Wilzone
n00b

Quote:
She used to um, "date" my college roomate. That is something I don't want to have in my history.

I hear you man. My girlfriend right now used to um, "date" (more like screw around with) one of my best friends and I still have some problems getting over it. But he had no hard feelings about it (they only "screwed around" for a few months) and she has never mentioned anything about him once....so it hasn't really gotten in the way of anything.

She also dated Jeff Halpern (young forward for the Washington Capitals) and every time he scores I get a little jealous. I don't know why. I should be excited that a young, up-and-coming hockey stud dated my girlfriend, but for some reason I get jealous. I went to a game a few weeks ago and they had Halpern on the big screen doing a "Mission Impossible" skit (his mission was to destroy the NY Rangers). All of the girls were screaming....and I got a little jealous.

But you can't let stupid things like who a girl dated in the past get in the way of your feelings.....
Old 03-28-2001, 09:50 AM   #213
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:

BTW, she hates Clowns. Something about scary oil paintings in her home as a child.

How on earth did you work that into the conversation?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:55 AM   #214
Wilzone
n00b

Damn him....LOL

Old 03-28-2001, 10:02 AM   #215
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilzone:
But you can't let stupid things like who a girl dated in the past get in the way of your feelings.....

Oh, Wilzone those are very good points, and I can understand your frustration--it is a perfectly normal human response.

I guess I should qualify the fact that I "love" her. She is a friend and I love her like I love all my friends. Nothing more than that. I don't, as Fritz so eloquently put it, "poke" my friends. That was a college thing that lead to too much emotional baggage.

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71:
How on earth did you work that into the conversation?

Interesting conversational linking:
We started talking about how students seemed so much younger than we are. She is 24 and I am working my way to 27. I mentioned that I used an activity in class that referenced out of date pop culture and sometimes aspects of the discussion failed because my students were to young. That led to a discussion of Big Bird, who frightened her when she was young, which lead to the fear of clowns--is there a phobia word for that? The irrational fear of clowns? How about the rational fear of them (IMO, fearing clowns is completly rational) anyhow, I am getting away from the issue.

The issue is that I can work anything into a discussion--although I will admit I wasn't thinking of Clown School when I brought that up . . . .
Old 03-28-2001, 10:11 AM   #216
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
That led to a discussion of Big Bird, who frightened her when she was young, which lead to the fear of clowns--is there a phobia word for that? The irrational fear of clowns? How about the rational fear of them (IMO, fearing clowns is completly rational) anyhow, I am getting away from the issue.

Duh! Clownophobia (popularly known as bozo syndrome) and bigfakeyellowbirdophobia repsectively.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:18 AM   #217
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Who knew that this topic would end up spawning over 200 replies? Anybody happen to know off-hand what the record is?

It's always better NOT to know the girl's history, I think...just watch Chasing Amy. As Hooper X says, anything that you can imagine doing with your girl has already been done with her by someone else.

Unless you're the first to introduce her to the Dirty Sanchez.

------------------
Assistant Director of Public Relations for the FOF All-Star Team.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:28 AM   #218
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths:
It's always better NOT to know the girl's history, I think.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote:
As Hooper X says, anything that you can imagine doing with your girl has already been done with her by someone else.

I disagree with this. I ALWAYS went out of my way to be, ah, creative.

[This message has been edited by Fritz (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 10:42 AM   #219
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

It's always better NOT to know the girl's history, I think...just watch Chasing Amy. As Hooper X says, anything that you can imagine doing with your girl has already been done with her by someone else.

What a great movie, my favorite line from the movie is this one, "She migt have more diseases then that monkey from Outbreak!"

Man, that movie is in my top 5 of movies. I just love the begining when Hooper X is talking about Star Wars.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:47 AM   #220
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by petrochile:
Man, that movie is in my top 5 of movies. I just love the begining when Hooper X is talking about Star Wars.

I agree, although I didn't really like the "all a lesbian needs is a good man" premise behind it. Does anyone else think Clerks and Chasing Amy were great, but Mallrats was a huge dissapointment? I know that I did . . .

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 10:53 AM   #221
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
I agree, although I didn't really like the "all a lesbian needs is a good man" premise behind it

Anti-Man!

For your own good...

As King of the Dutch I sentence you to 2 hours of Andrew Dice Clay recordings and proclaim that you can not retaliate when you occupy the throne!

You will thank me in the morning.
Old 03-28-2001, 11:03 AM   #222
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I agree, although I didn't really like the "all a lesbian needs is a good man" premise behind it. Does anyone else think Clerks and Chasing Amy were great, but Mallrats was a huge dissapointment? I know that I did . . .

I agree Mallrats isn't as good as the other two. Even though Clerks was very funny, they conflicts in it seemed more real and serious, not as goofy as Mallrats, but Mallrats is a very funny movie though.
Old 03-28-2001, 11:35 AM   #223
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
As King of the Dutch I sentence you to 2 hours of Andrew Dice Clay recordings and proclaim that you can not retaliate when you occupy the throne!
Damn, I was thinking of sutting you down with some good reading, Anne Laffoon, Gyatri Spivak and the like

However, rover evidently took over?

All you base belong to rover?

Yuck!

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 11:40 AM   #224
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Personally, I enjoyed Mallrats more than Clerks. Maybe it was because of the crowd I saw Clerks with (the gross-out humor got more laughs than the parts that were truly funny). Althouh, an interesting point about Clerks, I saw this thing on Bravo where Kevin Smith was talking about it, and he showed a scene that someone (I forget who) convinced him to take out. In that scene (the last one) Dante gets shot by a robber as he closes up. Kind of depressing, to say the least.

And I like Mallrats! Sure, it was goofy, but there's nothing wrong with that.

But of course, my favorite was Chasing Amy. I don't think that there really was a premise of "any lesbian needs a good man" -- after all, it comes out later that she wasn't merely a lesbian in the first place. Since everyone is spouting favorite lines, I'll give mine: "What's a Nubian?" Any scene with Hooper X is a great one.

------------------
"Will teach for TCY"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 11:58 AM   #225
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:

Damn, I was thinking of sutting you down with some good reading, Anne Laffoon, Gyatri Spivak and the like

Yep, you co to Amazon and look up Feminist Commentary and those are the names you get.

Nooooo thank you.
Old 03-28-2001, 01:13 PM   #226
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

If Clerks had ended the way it was originally shot, Kevin Smith's career probably would have ended there. Dogma was the best of all, IMHO. I work with some very religious people, and quotes from Dogma ALWAYS make me VERY popular with them...
Old 03-28-2001, 01:52 PM   #227
Brillig
College Prospect

BTW, a generally accepted term for fear of clowns is coulrophobia.

(careening ever further off topic)
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:09 PM   #228
Morgado
High School JV

Angry

Dammit. Anticipation of Ctown's next "dynasty report" is almost as bad as anticipation of TCY...

If the Thursday update doesn't deliver, there'll be hell to pay.

------------------
The 64 Dollar Question: What *is* The FOF Journal?
Somebody set up us the draft bust.
Old 03-28-2001, 02:14 PM   #229
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilzone:
Damn him....

Wilzone, remember this--you can still chew your food without specially created dental equipment--he cannot.
So even if you loose the girl, you will still have your teeth.

There is a lot to be said for that!

Brillig,

thanks. By chance do you know what the origins of that are?

Alf, I cannot believe people are still reading and posting to this thread . . . I don't think I have to worry about her finding it--as long as I gag Zippy and lock him in a closet

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 02:16 PM   #230
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgado:
Dammit. Anticipation of Ctown's next "dynasty report" is almost as bad as anticipation of TCY...

If the Thursday update doesn't deliver, there'll be hell to pay.

LOL!
Morgado,

Sadly, you will have to wait until tuesday for an update--we have a late monday night date.

I will keep you informed however.

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 02:37 PM   #231
Haji
n00b

Unhappy

I suffer from a fear of clowns. I speak about it to my students as my therapy. They always give me a hard time, but I feel better after I am finished. Clowns are freaky, scary, and evil. I had a little clown doll when I was little that tired to kill me. I have never been the same.
Haji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 03:03 PM   #232
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
I don't think I have to worry about her finding it--as long as I gag Zippy and lock him in a closet

Is that what you call your penis, Zippy? And why don't you want her to find "him"?

Personally, I think Zippy is a poor name for a penis, it gives one the impression that that the deed will be a quick one, too quick.

You know, you talk about your penis an awfull lot on the forum.
Old 03-28-2001, 03:09 PM   #233
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Thumbs down

Zippy,

Feel free to kick Fritz in the nuts. Blackie would approve of that.

Fritz,

I actually have never brought up my penis in the forum--insert your own joke here--usually it is in respose to an attempt from you to challenge my manhood and its utility as a participant in special relations.

So I guess you would be incorrect in the comments.

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 03:18 PM   #234
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:

Fritz,

I actually have never brought up my penis in the forum--insert your own joke here--usually it is in respose to an attempt from you to challenge my manhood and its utility as a participant in special relations.

So I guess you would be incorrect in the comments.
I said you talk about your penis, and you say that you do not, and then you procede to talk about it.

Your are the one who is incorrect, and denial hurts no one but yourself.

[This message has been edited by Fritz (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 05:48 PM   #235
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

BUMP! For Da Bears Fan! Hoooray for in-depth analysis!
Old 03-28-2001, 06:01 PM   #236
Upstate_New_York
Mascot

As far as this thread of conversation goes... I quote Star Trek III:

Kirk, watching the Enterprise flame through the atmosphere, says to McCoy: "My God, Bones. What have I done?"
Old 03-28-2001, 06:22 PM   #237
The David Reborn
n00b

Quote:

BTW, she hates Clowns.

When The David Reborn first read this he thought it said that she hates Ctowns. The David Reborn was glad he was wrong because he hates when people refer to themselves in the third person. Looks like The David Reborn might need glasses.

Also, to fellow Kevin Smith fans, don't forget Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is due out in August. It is supposed to be the final chapter of the Jay & Bob saga.
The David Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 11:49 PM   #238
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by The David Reborn:

Also, to fellow Kevin Smith fans, don't forget Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is due out in August. It is supposed to be the final chapter of the Jay & Bob saga.

AWESOME!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:39 AM   #239
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Talking

Quote:
In general I hate smileys and will not use them.

Hey Fritz,

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ctown-Fan (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 09:46 AM   #240
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Hey Fritz,

You are mean person. I hope you get the runs on your next long drive.
Old 03-29-2001, 11:19 AM   #241
ctmason
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Haji:
I suffer from a fear of clowns. I speak about it to my students as my therapy. They always give me a hard time, but I feel better after I am finished. Clowns are freaky, scary, and evil. I had a little clown doll when I was little that tired to kill me. I have never been the same.

Hmmm...don't remember that episode of Jonny Quest. Of course that was "Hadji" with a D wasn't it.

While we're on the subject, my favorite Jonny Quest quote from Roger T. "Race" Bannon, featuring the vocal talents of Mike Road:

Race: "Not only is the gargoyle not real, this gargoyle's been shot."

------------------
C. Todd Mason
UGA Alumni (ABJ '99)
Powdered Doughnut Lover

[This message has been edited by ctmason (edited 03-29-2001).]
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 01:33 PM   #242
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

This thread will stay on the front page FOREVER.
Old 03-29-2001, 01:37 PM   #243
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Exclamation

If you think I am going to kiss and tell you are sadly mistaken!

------------------
Old 03-29-2001, 02:25 PM   #244
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
This thread will stay on the front page FOREVER.

Or until CTown gets dumped.

Whichever comes first.

Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 02:36 PM   #245
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Thanks for the words of encouragement Critch.

------------------
Old 03-29-2001, 02:51 PM   #246
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
If you think I am going to kiss and tell you are sadly mistaken!

So he is saying he is done with telling us juicy details on this thread, eh? Am I right? If so, this thread should die a horrible death...but not C-Town. I don't think he meant for it to reach this proportion. Maybe it should now go to the second page. Then third, and so on. If C-Town ain't going to update, I'm done with this thread.
Old 03-29-2001, 03:03 PM   #247
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

We had a Lojack and Motion Dectector implanted in Ctown when he passed out from inhaling too much paint last week. We know all.

All your booty are belong to us.
Old 03-29-2001, 03:03 PM   #248
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

An update (sort of) for sachmo71:
This is sort of in the same vein, but a little different . . . I am sure you will appreciate this. It shoes the underbelly (you know where your keys are) on human nature, but I believe it is perfectly normal to look forward to this. Heh--I will enjoy this.

This all of course depends on the success of the next date and if there will be future ones . . .

Anyhow, my ex-girlfriend and I still talk on occasion, and I don't find it to be an enjoyable expereince. One of the things she used to gripe about (when we were dating) was how she found out a previous boyfriend from college had started dating someone else. She called down to Boston to make arrangements for a wedding she was going to. She needed to talk to her ex about directions or something. Well, one of her ex's roomates answered the phone and said that he was out with his girlfriend. Needless to say she was a little surprised that he didn't tell her. Actually, she was ripsh*t about it.

Well, I feel that I need to tell her that I have begun dating again. Ah, who am I kidding, I want to rub her nose in it. I know it will really bother her. So, although that has nothing to do with my interest in 3L, it is an added benefit.

I'll of course down play the whole thing, but it will feel good to get back at the girl who dumped me in January.

Oh yeah, for those of you who might make rebound comments, we basically have been broken up since October, it just became "official" in January.

Am I spiteful? I actually think this is a normal human response.

------------------
Old 03-29-2001, 03:10 PM   #249
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:

I'll of course down play the whole thing, but it will feel good to get back at the girl who dumped me in January.

Am I spiteful? I actually think this is a normal human response.

[Evil Fritz]
If the ex was self-concious about anything (nose, ass, breasts, intelligence) make sure to throw into the conversation that ThreeElle has a "great x."

Also throw in "this is unlike any relationship I have ever had, I am actually Enjoying myself. Its not like work at all."

Buahhahhahhahha!
[/Evil Fritz]
Old 03-29-2001, 03:17 PM   #250
The David Reborn
n00b

Fritz, have you ever considered writing a book? Better yet, maybe a late night cable call in show. This stuff is priceless.

------------------
"I am in a room with Greg. We are over looking a large concert arena. The bass player from W.A.S.P. comes in and tells us that his band is stronger than ever."
- Henry Rollins (desribing a dream he once had)
The David Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote