Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #201
kcchief19
Pro Starter

OK, someone has got to explain this train wreck of a sentence:
ESPN - Sources: Monte Kiffin to follow son Lane Kiffin to Tennessee Volunteers
Quote:
Monte Kiffin once introduced a more aggressive national recruiting plan to USC and he recruited ex-Vols great Peyton Manning, who was consulted by his alma mater and signed off on Tennessee's hiring of Kiffin, sources told ESPN.
This seems to state that Monte Kiffin introduced an "aggressive national recruiting plan to USC," but I find no evidence that Monte Kiffin ever had anything to do with USC. Lane Kiffin was offensive coordinator at USC and recruiting coordinator, but this was like four years ago and I don't think you could say that was when USC began recruiting nationwide.

Then we get to part where Monte Kiffin recruited Peyton Manning. To where? Monte Kiffen was working in the NFL at the time of Manning's recruitment, so it doesn't make any sense that he successful recruited Manning to play at Tennessee, a school which Monte Kiffen has no ties to, nor unsuccessfully recruited him to another school for some reason. It couldn't be Lane Kiffen recruiting Peyton Manning -- Lane is like a year older than Peyton and I don't think Fresno State has freshmen quarterbacks recruit for them or anyone else.

Technically, the punctuation of the sentence suggests that "sources" told ESPN Monte Kiffen was the mastermind behind bringing national recruiting to USC and recruiting Peyton Manning. So maybe their sources did tell them that and their sources are idiots. But still ...

Last edited by kcchief19 : 11-30-2008 at 10:43 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #202
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Depending upon how you read it, where the inflection is, etc., I couldn't help but chuckle at this quote from Fulmer.

I'm pretty sure what he was trying to say but the first time I read it, I'd have sworn he was saying that pretty much anywhere with a vacancy was a special place under his circumstances.

Haha

So, Fat man what makes it a special place?
Well its a place, and it has an opening. And not places do so thats special, so yeah its a special place....
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #203
kcchief19
Pro Starter

With Christensen headed to Wyoming, Missouri's defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus is interviewing at Toledo. Word in Missouri is that former Iowa State coach Dan McCarney and yet another Stoop, Mark Stoops, are the other top candidates. Eberflus is a Toledo grad and worked on the staff there under Gary Pinkel before moving to Missouri.

Interesting note: Christensen is the first Missouri coach to leave since Pinkel got the job -- eight years ago. That's right, Mizzou has had zero coaching turnover. Four years ago the AD told Pinkel he had to fire Christensen and Pinkel said no. Have to like seeing that kind of loyalty pay off.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #204
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lane it is.

I'm sure most, if not all, Mizzou fans will be happy to see Matt Eberflus leave. He was getting slammed on the local radio today.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #205
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
With Christensen headed to Wyoming, Missouri's defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus is interviewing at Toledo.

Hmm, that would be disappointing for Toledo. They usually make some very good hires(Saban, Pinkel, think Im forgetting another one...). I had expected them to aim a bit higher.

Anyway, maybe Bowling Green is going to take over for them. They seem to going after some much better canidates.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #206
General Mike
Pro Starter

Saw this on another board:

"Petros Papadakis just said on AM 570 that Weis will be fired next monday and Jimmy Clausen will use his redshirt next season to transfer to Tennessee to be with Kiffin."
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #207
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Whoa. That'd be crazy.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #208
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Ehh, there are tons of crazy rumors about Kiffin right now. Another is Barkley decommitting from USC to head to Tennessee to play for Kiffin.

Id be very skeptical about these until they actually happen.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #209
Logan
Head Coach

What the fuck kind of world do I live in where people are sweating Lane Kiffin?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #210
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What the fuck kind of world do I live in where people are sweating Lane Kiffin?

Bizarro World.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #211
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

"Petros Papadakis just said on AM 570 that Weis will be fired next monday and Jimmy Clausen will use his redshirt next season to transfer to Tennessee to be with Kiffin."

There are some circles with pretty heavy rumors about Houston Nutt going to Notre Dame.

Spoiler
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #212
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

Two Clausens are enough, k, thx.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #213
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
There are some circles with pretty heavy rumors about Houston Nutt going to Notre Dame.

Spoiler
Don't let Petrino hear about that opening.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #214
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Don't let Petrino hear about that opening.

He's not going anywhere.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #215
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #216
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
A question for those ND fans in the know. I keep reading reports that the main problem is not necessarily the W/L record, but his attitude. Evidently he has not played nice with most alumni and basically has walked around with flashing his Super Bowl rings as proof of his genius. Are ND fans hearing the same thing from more Irish-friendly sources?
Yes, the arrogance that ND fans/alums loved his first two years has now caused many to turn on him, but it's still a split opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I had heard that before (like last year) and that he is a pretty lazy recruiter.
This I don't buy - he big-timed Terrelle Pryor and his coaches, and it backfired, but he's pulled in 3 straight consensus top-10 recruiting classes, 2 while finishing .500 or below.

I will predict nothing (except that 90%+ of the rumors, even from inside sources, will be false - there is so much disparity among alums I'm friends with, combined with a first-year AD, no one knows with any certainty at this point) with certainly, but my gut (and inclination) would say Weis is back at ND next season with basically a New Year's Day bowl or bust sign.

You fire Weis, you either have to accept Brian Kelly's off-field warts (and hope he doesn't pull a Meyer and go for UW or a different job last minute), hope for a miracle Meyer/Saban/Stoops-esque hire (which unfortunately a significant portion of ND alums who want to fire Weis have deluded themselves into) or try to catch lightning in a bottle. Which, if you're going for the latter, Weis' resume is 2 BCS games in 4 seasons and a proven recruiter at ND - the odds of topping that are astronomical even with a Gary Patterson or whatever other flavors of the day are listed.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #217
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Which, if you're going for the latter, Weis' resume is 2 BCS games in 4 seasons and a proven recruiter at ND - the odds of topping that are astronomical even with a Gary Patterson or whatever other flavors of the day are listed.

If this isn't a good enough resume for the first 4 years, why in the world does Notre Dame sign guys for 10 year contracts? What's the expectation on the field? If they get rid of him, the next guy will likewise be guaranteed to be gone in 4 years if the expectations are BCS Bowls every year. If they don't stick with a guy who's a proven recruiter after a bad season, they deserve what they get (a solid first two years with Weis' recruits, then the inevitable drop-off, then everybody freaks out and the new guy's fired. Next guy wins for 2 years with the old guy's recruits, inevitable drop-off, etc, etc, etc, etc.)

Notre Dame is like a less successful version of Indiana basketball. They're living on unrealistic expectations, think they're a bigger deal than they are, and are doomed to constant disappointment. 1 national championship in the last 31 years.

Last edited by molson : 12-02-2008 at 01:08 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #218
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If this isn't a good enough resume for the first 4 years, why in the world does Notre Dame sign guys for 10 year contracts? What's the expectation on the field? If they get rid of him, the next guy will likewise be guaranteed to be gone in 4 years if the expectations are BCS Bowls every year. If they don't stick with a guy who's a proven recruiter after a bad season, they deserve what they get (a solid first two years with Weis' recruits, then the inevitable drop-off, then everybody freaks out and the new guy's fired. Next guy wins for 2 years with the old guy's recruits, inevitable drop-off, etc, etc, etc, etc.)
I couldn't really agree more (and I think a majority of ND fans/alums realize this). But a lot of people see Urban Meyer and Nick Saban competing for national titles within 2 seasons and USC competing for the national title every year and expect that. (At least to be fair - Notre Dame isn't exactly the only program with deluded fans - we've even got a Georgia fan who can't wait to fire Mark Richt in this thread.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #219
Tigercat
College Starter

Rumors with LSU staff, Chavis for DC. (Hmm someone on this board predicted this possibility weeks ago. ) And Orgeron for DL coach/recruiting coordinator, if Miles wants him.

Apparently coach O would prefer to stay home, but Miles didn't offer him the same position last year because of some bad recruiting blood. Coach O had pulled some shady, but not illegal, shenanigans with Joe Mcknight and Keiland Williams recruitments. Will he get the offer this year? I hope so. I agree with a lot of LSU fans that his high energy and recruiting ability would be the perfect compliment with Chavis's ability to teach and gameplan.

"Insiders" say that if Miles doesn't start serious negotiations soon that O is headed to Tenn as was first reported.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #220
clemsonfan
High School JV

Hooray for Clemson hiring Dabo Swinney!

Last edited by clemsonfan : 12-02-2008 at 05:48 AM.
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #221
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Brian Kelly has announced that he's staying at Cincinnati with the promise of stadium and other facilities upgrades.

Mike Leach was reportedly spotted on a flight to Seattle yesterday, though his agent denies it.

Ty Willingham proved yet again what a disaster he is. When asked about the Huskies big win last year over Cal (the UW's last win in fact) and how they pulled it off, Willingham referenced the good play of QB Jake Locker.

Um, coach? Locker sat out that game with an injury - it was Carl Bonnell at QB that day.

Fucking fucktard - I can't wait until Saturday night when he's officially no longer the UW coach.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #222
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
Ehh, there are tons of crazy rumors about Kiffin right now. Another is Barkley decommitting from USC to head to Tennessee to play for Kiffin.

Id be very skeptical about these until they actually happen.

That is beyond insane. Will never happen, particularly since he has reportedly been told that he has a good chance to start earlier than any USC QB since Carson Palmer.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #223
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I felt a little better about the hire after hearing Kiffin's introduction speech. I hope he's able to keep the kids that are already committed and is able to bring in a few others.

Will his "It worked for us at USC, it could work for you at Tennessee" theory work out? I can only hope so.

I don't mind being USC Lite if it gets Tennessee back to at least a respectable offense every year again.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #224
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Chris Low's espn.com article today was interesting, talking about how Kiffin will only be about the 8th highest paid head coach in the SEC but that he's been given enough leeway on assistant's salaries that the staff could end up being equal to the highest total in the conference.

I just hope they all turn out to be worth what they end up getting paid.

One bewildering thing in that article though, mentioning four current assistants that he's retained at least until he can interview them, and one of them is the OL coach. I can't think of anyone who is more deserving of the unemployment line in all of Knoxville.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #225
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Agreed. I found that rather odd. My take on it is that he's got some of the committed kids in tow and Kiffin doesn't want to lose them right away. My guess is Kiffin will show him the door once he gets to meet with the players.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #226
st.cronin
General Manager

Weis had a couple of good years, but has really seemed to regress as a coach the last two seasons, starting with the decision to throw away his starting quarterback halfway through the first game of the 2007-2008 season. I would not have any confidence in him if I were a ND fan.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #227
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
If I am Clemson I'd go through an interview process with several candidates and not go off the emotion of a win vs a down uSC.

They have interviewed no less than 10 candidates, and according to Terry Don Phillips (the AD) at least 3 current D-1 college head coaches...I was shocked he threw that out there, the decision was made prior to the SC game.

Its hard to fully understand what Dabo has done unless you are close to the program, it was a fractured divided fan base and team. I am not ure how good of an X & O guy Dabo is or how much success he will be able to have recruiting proven coords (who most likely will be older and more experienced than he is) but he has done a fabulous job motivating and focusing a team and a community.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #228
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Word out of Oregon is that Mike Bellotti is stepping down as the Duck's coach.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #229
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

For anyone with a few free minutes, this is an article worth reading on Clemson's new coach

TigerIllustrated.com - Against all odds
Old 12-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #230
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Word out of Oregon is that Mike Bellotti is stepping down as the Duck's coach.

Washington?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #231
Swaggs
Coordinator

Nevermind... Bellotti is moving to AD.

Chip Kelly, their offensive coordinator and a pretty attractive HC candidate, will take over.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #232
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Chip Kelly, their offensive coordinator and a pretty attractive HC candidate, will take over.
This may have some corollary impact on the Washington coaching search. It has been widely speculated that Chris Peterson of Boise State was interested in taking over at Oregon at some point; with Chip Kelly getting promoted, perhaps that makes Peterson more willing to consider the Washington job if he has any desire to move to a BCS conference school.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #233
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
This may have some corollary impact on the Washington coaching search. It has been widely speculated that Chris Peterson of Boise State was interested in taking over at Oregon at some point; with Chip Kelly getting promoted, perhaps that makes Peterson more willing to consider the Washington job if he has any desire to move to a BCS conference school.

I know that those (Kelly and Peterson) two names were of interest to WVU fans last season after Rodriguez left and, I believe Kelly was contacted. I'd guess they would have more trouble recruiting on the East Coast (at a school like WVU) than in their more familiar territories, so Kelly at Oregon and Peterson at Washington would probably be very good fits.

You have got to wonder when Peterson pulls the trigger and leaves. He's pretty well built Boise State into the most efficient program that it can possibly be and has hit a ceiling. Unless they join the Pac 10 or their conference gets a permanent BCS spot, he clearly cannot win a championship there, so eventually one of these openings has got to look attractive to him.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #234
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I know that those (Kelly and Peterson) two names were of interest to WVU fans last season after Rodriguez left and, I believe Kelly was contacted. I'd guess they would have more trouble recruiting on the East Coast (at a school like WVU) than in their more familiar territories, so Kelly at Oregon and Peterson at Washington would probably be very good fits.

You have got to wonder when Peterson pulls the trigger and leaves. He's pretty well built Boise State into the most efficient program that it can possibly be and has hit a ceiling. Unless they join the Pac 10 or their conference gets a permanent BCS spot, he clearly cannot win a championship there, so eventually one of these openings has got to look attractive to him.

I don't know that Peterson is itching to leave Boise. I'm sure he sees the struggles that Hawkins is going through at Colorado, and wonders if it is worth it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #235
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian Kelly has announced that he's staying at Cincinnati with the promise of stadium and other facilities upgrades.

It would be interesting to see if Cincy continues to do things like upgrade the program to the point where he actually decides to stay. Cincy isn't a big name program, but it's already in one of the main conferences. If he can win the conference, it means a BCS bowl by default and that's about all you can really ask for. Their stadium is of a pitiful size, 35K with no luxury boxes. Keep boosting it to where it's a halfway credible one, and I just don't see a coach walking away from that.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #236
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
It would be interesting to see if Cincy continues to do things like upgrade the program to the point where he actually decides to stay. Cincy isn't a big name program, but it's already in one of the main conferences. If he can win the conference, it means a BCS bowl by default and that's about all you can really ask for. Their stadium is of a pitiful size, 35K with no luxury boxes. Keep boosting it to where it's a halfway credible one, and I just don't see a coach walking away from that.

Isn't Cinncy a commuter school though?

You'll be hard pressed to get people to choose going to Cinncy games over watching OSU play, and since there isn't a big smattering of students on campus, it makes it so much tougher.

I am not sure how many more you can put inside there who'd come out.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #237
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You'll be hard pressed to get people to choose going to Cinncy games over watching OSU play, and since there isn't a big smattering of students on campus, it makes it so much tougher.

Well, he had GVSU play in The Big House when he coached at GVSU. He then had CMU play Michigan while he was at CMU. I wouldn't be surprised if he at some point contacted OSU about maybe a possible game. If he stayed, a Cincy/OSU series would be awesome. All it would take would be one win over OSU and suddenly they aren't the big boys of the state anymore. Probably why OSU would avoid it. They know a loss would be coming at some point. Honestly, if OSU was willing to do a series against somebody like Texas, then why not Cincy? Two teams that can win their respective conferences and play within the same state just seems like a no brainer.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #238
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Having grown up in southern Ohio I can tell you that as you get to the Cincy area the number of OSU fans declines. There's a real rivalry between Cincy and Columbus that a good coach with admin support could tap into. They'll still face a serius uphill climb in recruiting, but there's no reason that Ohio couldn't support two big BCS programs.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #239
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, he had GVSU play in The Big House when he coached at GVSU. He then had CMU play Michigan while he was at CMU. I wouldn't be surprised if he at some point contacted OSU about maybe a possible game. If he stayed, a Cincy/OSU series would be awesome. All it would take would be one win over OSU and suddenly they aren't the big boys of the state anymore. Probably why OSU would avoid it. They know a loss would be coming at some point. Honestly, if OSU was willing to do a series against somebody like Texas, then why not Cincy? Two teams that can win their respective conferences and play within the same state just seems like a no brainer.

Just a few years ago OSU/Cincy had a home/home. If Dantonio had stayed it might have become a semi-regular feature.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #240
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the wild card here is Notre Dame - if Weis doesn't do enough next year to keep his job, I have a hard time seeing Kelly saying no to a Notre Dame offer (that's assuming Notre Dame can get Urban Meyer). If/when the Notre Dame job opens up and Kelly is offered, I'd be surprised if he didn't take it, as he's called it a "dream job".

In the meantime though, as long as Cincinnati follows through on their promises to expand the stadium and the rest of the athletic facilities, I see no reason for Kelly to feel compelled to leave. As a member of the Big East, Cincinnati has a shot at a National Championship if things break right, and certainly major BCS bowls.

I would've loved to see Kelly at the UW, but the reality is it's not an attractive enough job right now and not really the right fit as far as Kelly is concerned.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #241
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I don't know that Peterson is itching to leave Boise. I'm sure he sees the struggles that Hawkins is going through at Colorado, and wonders if it is worth it.
I don't think so either. He sounds quite content to stay at Boise State, and it may be that the Oregon job was the only one that would've tempted him to leave.

Seeing the fate of Dirk Koetter and how Dan Hawkins is doing, I'm sure Peterson is thinking that the grass isn't always greener on the other side...
Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #242
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Confirmation that Leach was in Seattle and interviewed for the UW job. A source tells the Lubbock paper that despite Washington's record, there could be significant interest on the part of Leach in coaching the Huskies.

Leach may feel that he's done about all he can reasonably expect to do at Tech, and he may feel the ceiling at UW is higher. If he does take the UW job, I'd be shocked if he doesn't land 2010 QB prospect Jake Heaps, who may end up the #1 QB prospect in the country, along with his WR teammate Kasen Williams, a UW legacy who himself might be the #1 WR prospect in the 2011 class.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #243
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
If he does take the UW job, I'd be shocked if he doesn't land 2010 QB prospect Jake Heaps

No, stay away from Heaps. Minnesota wants him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #244
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh, btw, Mumme is officially gone from NMSU. Where the hell does this loser show up next?

ESPN - New Mexico State Aggies coach Hal Mumme fired after 3-9 year

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #245
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just keep away from Devin Gardner.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #246
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So UT fans is it true Bill Callahan will be the new OC?

I think it's a solid hire. He can recruit, and he is a decent offensive mind. He won't call plays I am sure, so that isn't a problem here. Could do a lot worse.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #247
molson
General Manager

Quote:

It's still being reported (everywhere I've looked) as a "succession plan", presumably to keep Kelly around. Bellotti hasn't stepped down yet.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #248
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
No, stay away from Heaps. Minnesota wants him.
Get in line

From what I've read, it's pretty much between Washington and BYU, with Washington holding the edge.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #249
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've heard rumor that Callahan may be the OC at Tennessee. Karma's coming in to kick my butt if that happens.

I don't consider it a solid hire. I kind of consider him to be a bit of a cancer. I didn't like the things I heard out of him at Oakland. I didn't like the things he did at Nebraska.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #250
RedKingGold
College Starter

Poli knows better than I do, but this Kiffen hire looks like the beginning of a disaster for Tennessee.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-03-2008 at 05:25 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote