Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #201
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Tanglewood is on the clock.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #202
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I have an old pick from tanglewood. If he hasn't made his selection by the time I finish lunch I'll use that and we'll move on.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #203
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

OK, moving on:

6.5 - Solskjaer's injury time winner, Bayern Munich vs Manchester United 1999 Champion's League Final - Drama

Crapshoot is on the clock.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #204
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Continuing the soccer theme. I've seem some great games in my life - from the aforementioned Bayern Munich - Man U game to Liv4erpool-Alaves. But nothing will ever take the cake from "That night in Istanbul". At half time, Liverpool was down 3-0 to a Milan side full of Serie A, Champions League, and World Cup winners - they had been there before - and looked likely to be there again. But goddamnit, Liverpool would not give up. From Gerrard's header and urging to go on, to Smicer's 20 yard shot past Dida - before Xabi Alonso's penalty miss (and subsequent goal) made an improbably comeback - with a cramped Gerrard playing right-back by the end. It went to extra time and looked headed for penalties- until the 116th minute, where Shevchenko had the ball 3 years out. To this day, I don't know how Dudek saved that ball - and I bet he doesn't either. Watching it, you knew at this point that Milan were done - the fates had smiled on Liverpool. Irony had it that Liverpool would take the penalty shootout-lead, until that man (Shevchenko) stepped up - needing to score to keep Milan in the Champions League. He had done 2 years previously against Juventus. This time, it was not to be, sealing the greatest sporting comeback I have ever seen.

6.6 - Jerzy Dudek's penalty save from Shevchenko to seal the Champions League- Comeback

Last edited by Crapshoot : 05-17-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #205
sabotai
General Manager

Got home from work just in time. Prepareing my pick now.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #206
sabotai
General Manager

6.7 Feb. 16th, 2006, Jason McElwain, an autistic 17 year old senior, comes off the bench with 4 minutes left in his high school basketball team's last home game, and hits his 6th 3-pointer as the game ends. - Emotion

The crowd was already going wild just from seeing McElwain enter the game. They just kept getting louder and louder as he hit 3-pointer after 3-pointer. When he hit his 6th one as the game ended, the crowd rushed the court as his teammates carried him on their shoulders.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #207
Radii
Head Coach

very nice sabotai
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #208
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I remember being so disillusioned after the McElwain steroid revelations.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

6.8 Emotion- Dale Earnhardt killed in crash on final lap of Daytona 500

He was the biggest star of the sport on the sports biggest stage. On the final lap he was still racing hard with a chance to win when he went into the wall hard. A nation watched, including his son who had just completed the race, as the situation unfolded. Word began to spread that things were not ok, then they bought out the white sheet. That day everyone was a racing fan and an Earnhardt supporter.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #210
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

He was the biggest star of the sport on the sports biggest stage. On the final lap he was still racing hard with a chance to win when he went into the wall hard. A nation watched, including his son who had just completed the race, as the situation unfolded. Word began to spread that things were not ok, then they bought out the white sheet. That day everyone was a racing fan and an Earnhardt supporter.

Not to be picky, but Earnhardt was rushed to the hospital and they attempted to resuscitate him. The white sheet incident was at the hospital after he had been pronounced dead (a half hour or so later) and the medical examiner was picking up his body. If I recall, Fox had already ended its broadcast at that point, and the death wasn't announced to the public until later that evening.

That doesn't change the incident or the moment of the crash, of course--so I think the pick is very good. Just wanted to clarify the description.

Last edited by digamma : 05-17-2007 at 01:53 PM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I recall them bringing the sheet out when they took him from the car and covering him, but it is very possible I am wrong, I had been doing some boozing that day.

But like you said, it doesn't change the emotinal aspect of it.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #212
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Its funny - because Senna is far more vivid to me than Earnhardt (which was pretty indifferent to me) - yet over here, I bet that 95% of people recall the latter as opposed to the former.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #213
Subby
lolzcat

digamma is absolutely crushing this draft...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #214
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

We are still waiting on Schmidty. He did not send any picks.

Today has been a slow day... I reserve the right to start skipping people if we're not making any progress tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #215
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
We are still waiting on Schmidty. He did not send any picks.

Today has been a slow day... I reserve the right to start skipping people if we're not making any progress tomorrow.

Geez. I did the same thing yesterday. I need to pay attention better.

Give me a few minutes.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #216
Schmidty
Coordinator

6.9 - Lance Armstrong crosses the finish line in 1999 and yells "I'm in Shock" as he wins his first Tour de France 2 years after almost dying from testicular cancer.(Strength)

I was just reading up on this, and I never realized how bad his cancer was. It spread from his testicles, to his lungs and abdomen, and he actually had golf-ball sized tumors. He was given only a 50-50 chance to live, yet still rode 30-50 miles a day while undergoing radiation. Wow, I never realized how amazingly strong and gutsy this guy is/was. I actually got choked up reading his story just now.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #217
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Bsak has a tailed off a bit after a white-hot start...I'm not sure who I have winning at this point. Too close to call, I guess.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #218
Radii
Head Coach

just making my picks for now, i'll throw out details in an edit:

6.10 - Time expires in the 1985 NCAA Championship game, Villanova plays the perfect game to beat Georgetown (upset)

7.1 - After having trailed 30-7 in the 4th quarter, John Hall kicks a FG in overtime to complete an amazing comeback by the Jets vs Miami on Monday Night Football in 2000(comeback)

Last edited by Radii : 05-17-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #219
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mapleleafs has my next pick, I'll be out for a while
Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #220
Schmidty
Coordinator

7.2 - Kerri Strug lands a vault on one leg, helping the US win the Oplympic gold medal over Russia for gymastics in 1996. (Emotion)

Sure, they would have eeked out a win anyway, but they did not know that at the times. I remember it like yesterday, and it's still one of the gutsiest things I've ever seen. Two snapped ankle ligaments and a fracture, yet she still landed it with a very, very good score. 99 % of even male athletes couldn't or wouldn't have done that. Amazing.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #221
sabotai
General Manager

Good pick Schmidty. I was close to picking that a few times in the draft.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #222
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Lathum's pick (need him to clarify an actual moment here):

7.3 - Texas Western defeats KU in 1966 Champioship game - Upset

This game and team changed the face of collegiate sports. No one gave Texas Western a chance at beating powerhouse KU with an all black starting 5 and they upset them 72-65.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #223
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Good pick Schmidty. I was close to picking that a few times in the draft.

Thanks man. This is a tough draft. So many of these are beyond subjective value-wise.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #224
sabotai
General Manager

7.4 Dudek blocks Shevchenko's penalty kick, completing Liverpool's comeback from 3-0 at halftime against Milan to win the 2005 Champions League 3-3 (3-2 penalty kicks). (Comeback)

Liverpool trailed 3-0 at half and came back in the 2nd half to tie the game at 3. In extra time, Milan dominated possession, and Dudek came up with a amazing double save and point blank range (a moment I thought of taking for "Clutch") to take the game into penalty kicks. Liverpool went up 3-2 on the kicks, and Dudek saves Milan's last try to get the win.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #225
digamma
Torchbearer

I think that was already taken.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #226
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
7.4 Dudek blocks Shevchenko's penalty kick, completing Liverpool's comeback from 3-0 at halftime against Milan to win the 2005 Champions League 3-3 (3-2 penalty kicks). (Comeback)

Liverpool trailed 3-0 at half and came back in the 2nd half to tie the game at 3. In extra time, Milan dominated possession, and Dudek came up with a amazing double save and point blank range (a moment I thought of taking for "Clutch") to take the game into penalty kicks. Liverpool went up 3-2 on the kicks, and Dudek saves Milan's last try to get the win.

Boss - look up at my pick in round 6.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #227
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Smooth.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #228
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Boss - look up at my pick in round 6.

Shit. That's what I get for quickly scanning for "Liverpool" and "Milan" in everyone's bolded text.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #229
sabotai
General Manager

7.4 Richard Steele stops the Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor fight with 2 seconds left in the 12th round, giving Chavez a TKO victory. (Controversy)

Heading into the 12th round, Taylor had a comfortable lead on two scorecards (107-102 and 108-101). Chavez needed a knockout to win the fight. After over 2 and half minutes of punishment, the exhausted Taylor finally dropped to the canvas with a little over 10 seconds remaining in the round. He got to his feet and appeared to be fine, but then Steele waved his arms with just 2 seconds left in the fight, ending the bout. Steele said he called the fight because Taylor did not immediately respond to his questions, but Steele's reputation (warrented or not) of making questionable decisions for Don King promoted fighters fueled the controversy fire.

Here's HBO's Legandary Nights on the Chavez-Tayolr fight (the last third of the episode). This part deals with the controversy, but the first 20 minutes of the episode is up there too.

Last edited by sabotai : 05-18-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #230
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Crapshoot is on the clock.

Thanks to larry, who has been sending picks throughout the draft. I also have one pick I can still use for sab. Everyone else, I have no picks for you (Lathum has been sending them regularly as well, but everything he's sent has now been used). Others have either not sent picks at all, or sent picks early that are now off the board.

If we go as slow today as yesterday, I may start skipping people. In other words, if I don't have a pick from you and you're holding up the draft, you'll get the Minnesota Viking treatment and we'll move on without you. When you're back you'll be able to go back and make any picks you've missed.

Whenever I have a pick from somebody in my PM box, I also give them some time to make the pick themselves unless they've told me they definitely won't be around. So don't worry that sending a pick may lock you into something you don't want or prevent you from changing your mind. This deep in the draft, even sending one or two picks will probably cover you for quite a while.

This is fair warning for everyone -- if somebody gets skipped today and then complains we'll all just point and laugh at you.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #231
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I know crapshoot is on the west coast, but this happened yesterday too and he did not send any picks for today.

I'll give him to noon EST (an hour from now). If he hasn't picked yet, tanglewood can go ahead and draft.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #232
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
7.4 Richard Steele stops the Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor fight with 2 seconds left in the 12th round, giving Chavez a TKO victory. (Controversy)

Heading into the 12th round, Taylor had a comfortable lead on two scorecards (107-102 and 108-101). Chavez needed a knockout to win the fight. After over 2 and half minutes of punishment, the exhausted Taylor finally dropped to the canvas with a little over 10 seconds remaining in the round. He got to his feet and appeared to be fine, but then Steele waved his arms with just 2 seconds left in the fight, ending the bout. Steele said he called the fight because Taylor did not immediately respond to his questions, but Steele's reputation (warrented or not) of making questionable decisions for Don King promoted fighters fueled the controversy fire.

Having seen the Youtube video of this, I have to side with Steele. He asked Taylor if he was alright twice, and there was no response. Chavez was beating the mess out of him in the last round. Even subjecting Taylor to one more punch would have been very dangerous. From what I understand, he was messed up pretty bad anyways.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #233
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry - I'm here. I'll pick within 5 minutes.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #234
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Leafs, I will be here for about another hour.
I sent you picks but I think I wanna go outside those if I am up and here
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #235
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

7.5 -Bill Mazeroski- Power - Hr to end the 1960 world series . What is every kid's dream in baseball? Its the bottom of the ninth, game 7 of the world series- and you're up to bat. The pressure is on you - can you come through and pull of the moment of a lifetime? Maz, one of the greatest 2b of all time - did just that - with his bat, and suddenly - the 1960 world series was over.Bill Mazeroski hit a grand total of 138 HR in his regular season career - none was ever as important as this one. The ball is in the HOF - and so is the player. No other world series has gone to game 7 and ended quite like this.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #236
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Pick coming, just give me a few minutes.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #237
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I didn't realize we were on the way back up. I PM'd my pick to Mapleleafs since I'll be gone until late tonight.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #238
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

7.6 Bob Beamon shatters the long jump world record, 1968 Olympics in Mexico City - Record Breaking

On the biggest stage of his life, Beamon produced the perfect jump. When his mark of 8.90m (29 ft. 2-1/2 in.) was displayed and read out by the announcer he collapsed to his knees, head in his hands. He had smashed the world record by an impossible 55 centimeters (21-3/4 in.). The defending champion Lynn Davis told him "you have destroyed this event". Feats of sporting incredulity became Beamonesque. Beamon himself never cam close to matching his jump before and after. He never won another Olympic medal. His next best jump in his whole career was 8.33m, and only 8.22m after his incredible win. On that day in Mexico City, Beamon caught lightning in a bottle.

Some people disparage the feat because it was done at altitude. Well, lots of people kept jumping at altitude for the 40 years since and only one guy has beaten him so far, the record broken (by just 4cm this time) in 1991.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #239
digamma
Torchbearer

nice pick
Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #240
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Beamon's jump lasted to the seventh round?

Steal of the draft.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #241
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

This is a reach, but it's a tough category

Arguably the most famous stolen base of our generation (although that's not saying much in the steroid era...)

7.7 - Dave Roberts steals second base off Mariano Rivera to start the Red Sox comeback in game four of the 2004 ALCS - Speed

From Wiki: Roberts, who had not played in 10 days, came in to pinch run. Rivera threw over to first base three times (the last almost picked off Roberts), and on the next pitch, Roberts managed to steal second base. Bill Mueller followed with a single, Roberts scored, and the Sox went on to win in 12 innings and begin their run of eight straight wins, culminating in Boston's first World Series title since 1918.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #242
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
This is a reach, but it's a tough category

Arguably the most famous stolen base of our generation (although that's not saying much in the steroid era...)

7.7 - Dave Roberts steals second base off Mariano Rivera to start the Red Sox comeback in game four of the 2004 ALCS - Speed

From Wiki: Roberts, who had not played in 10 days, came in to pinch run. Rivera threw over to first base three times (the last almost picked off Roberts), and on the next pitch, Roberts managed to steal second base. Bill Mueller followed with a single, Roberts scored, and the Sox went on to win in 12 innings and begin their run of eight straight wins, culminating in Boston's first World Series title since 1918.

I'm curious - since these are your rules, but is it fair game given that the "series" had already been taken as the "comeback" (ie, one could argue this is part of the comeback)?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #243
digamma
Torchbearer

7.8 Clutch. Freshman Michael Jordan sinks a jumper with 15 seconds left to lift North Carolina over Georgetown in the NCAA Championship Game, 63-62.

We have the shot that ended his career, but how about the one that really got it going. Arguably the most clutch performer ever to step on a basketball court, as a freshman he hit one of the biggest (if not the biggest) shot of his entire career to lift the Heels to the NCAA title. Jordan was the second option on the play--the first was to go to Big Game James Worthy. Worthy wasn't open so the pass went to MJ...and the rest is history.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #244
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

7.9 - 1986 Western Conference Semifinals, Steve Smith scores the Series Clinching goal, for the wrong team - Choke

Skating unchecked early in the third period of a 2-2 tie in the seventh game, Smith tried to fire a cross-ice outlet pass from just behind his own net. In the process, he managed to carom the puck into the net, inadvertently bouncing it off the back of goalie Grant Fuhr's skate. Beside himself with grief -- and probably pissed at the sheer dumb luck of it all -- Smith immediately fell to his knees and buried his head in his hands. The own-goal stood up as the winner, and the Flames beat their dreaded rivals in the playoffs for the first time, breaking the Oilers' string of consecutive Stanley Cups at two.

Thats what i get for asking Sean for a favor

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 05-18-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #245
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I'm curious - since these are your rules, but is it fair game given that the "series" had already been taken as the "comeback" (ie, one could argue this is part of the comeback)?
I'd argue that they're pretty distinct moments. They happened four games apart, after all.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #246
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Interesting...
Old 05-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #247
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
QFT.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #248
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Larry's picks:

7.10 - Final seconds tick down in Chaminade's 77-72 victory over Virginia - Upset

8.1 - Smarty Jones gets run down at the end of the Belmont Stakes - Emotion
Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #249
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

8.2 - October 15, 1989 - HE DID IT HE DID IT!! Wayne Gretzky scores a Goal to break Gordie Howe's Career Scoring Record in a third of the time - Record Breaking

In his second season with the Los Angeles Kings, Gretzky ties Howe's record of 1,850 with an assist early in the game against his former team, the Edmonton Oilers. Then, with just 53 seconds left in the third period, The Great Gretzky becomes hockey's greatest point producer with a short backhander over goalie Bill Ranford.

The crowd of 17,503 in Edmonton gives Gretzky a standing ovation as he's mobbed by his teammates and congratulated by his former teammates. The game is stopped and during a ceremony, among the gifts that Gretzky receives is a gold bracelet set with diamonds weighing 1.851 carats from the Oilers.

Howe, who is at the game and cheers when Gretzky scores point No. 1,851, set his record with 801 goals and 1,049 points in 26 years (1,767 games). Gretzky breaks the mark with 641 goals and 1,240 assists in the start of his 11th season (780 games).

After setting the record, Gretzky isn't through. He scores in overtime to give the Kings a 5-4 victory.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 05-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #250
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Picks through seven:

1.1 - "The Catch" - Joe Montana to Dwight Clark touchdown to win the NFC Championship for San Francisco- Clutch
1.2 - Kirk Gibson walk-off homer Game 1 WS win in 1988 - Drama
1.3 - The final out of game 7 of the 2004 ALCS - Comeback
1.4 - James "Buster" Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson in the 10th round on Feb 11th, 1990 - Upset
1.5 - Scott Norwood's missed FG at the end of the 1991 Super Bowl - Choke
1.6 - Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal, Argentina vs England 1986 World Cup Quarter-Final - Controversy
1.7 - "Do you believe in Miracles?", the final moments of the US/USSR 1980 Olympic hockey game - Upset
1.8 - Secretariat down the stretch at the 1973 Belmont Stakes - Speed
1.9 - Christian Laettner's shot to beat Kentucky with 2.1 seconds to go in the NCAA Regional finals in 1992 - Clutch
1.10 - Hank Aaron hits Home Run # 715 to break Babe Ruth's all time home run record - Record-breaking

2.1 - USSR defeats USA for the Olympic Gold Medal in Basketball after officials give them three chances to inbound the ball at the end of the game - Controversy
2.2 - Immaculate Reception December 23, 1972 Pittsburgh Steelers vs Oakland Raiders - Controversy
2.3 - Roger Bannister breaks the tape at the Iffley Road track to break the four minute mile - Record-breaking
2.4 - "The Play" - Cal returns a last second kickoff through the Stanford defense and their band - Comeback
2.5 - Jean Van de Velde's second shot on the last hole of the 1999 Open Championship at Carnoustie - Choke
2.6 - Clay Beats Liston - Upset
2.7 - Bill Buckner's error costs the Red Sox Game 6 of the 1986 World Series - Choke
2.8 - Don Larsen perfect world series game 5 1956 final out - Drama
2.9 - Cal Ripken celebrates with fans after breaking Lou Gehrig's consecutive game streak - Record-breaking
2.10 - "The Music City Miracle" - Incredible Kickoff Return by Tennessee to win the Wild Card playoff game vs Buffalo - Drama

3.1 - Mark McGwire's 62nd Home Run in 1998 - Record-breaking
3.2 - NC State's Lorenzo Charles dunks the ball to win the 1983 NCAA Title game - Upset
3.3 - Joe Carters walk off homerun game 6 1993 world series - Clutch
3.4 - Peter Rose hits his 4,192nd career hit to break Ty Cobb's all-time hit record - Record-breaking
3.5 - Luis Gonzalez singles off of Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the ninth of game seven to win the 2001 World Series - Clutch
3.6 - Michael Johnson's 19.32s in the 200m 1996 Olympic final - Speed
3.7 - Jesse Owens humiliates Adolt Hitler by winning gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics - Drama
3.8 The Shot 'Round the World. Bobby Thompson's homerun off Ralph Branca on the last day of the season to give the Giants the pennant - Drama
3.9 - Jackie Robinson becomes the first African American to play in the MLB as he steps on the field for the Brooklyn Dodgers - Emotion
3.10 - Larry Bird's steal and pass to Dennis Johnson for the last second victory in the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals - Clutch

4.1 - Mike Tyson flattens Michael Spinks in the first round - Power
4.2 - Willis Reed running onto the court during Game 7 of the NBA Finals against the Los Angeles Lakers in Madison Square Garden - Drama
4.3 - Super Bowl III, Jets 16, Colts 7, final seconds - Upset
4.4 - Lawrence Taylor breaks Joe Theismann's leg on MNF - Power
4.5 - Aryton Senna's crash at Imola 1994 - Emotion
4.6 - The OT touchdown in the 1958 NFL title game - Drama
4.7 - "Down goes Frazier. Down Goes Frazier." George Foreman knocks down Joe Frazier while winning the World Heavyweight championship - Power
4.8 - "The Tuck" - 2002 AFC Divisonal playoffs - Controversy
4.9 - Willy Mays over-the-shoulder catch in Game 1 of the 1954 World Series - Speed
4.10 - Colorado Scores on 5th down to beat Missouri in 1990 - Controversy

5.1 - Bo Kimble Shoots his first free throw of the 1990 NCAA Tournament left handed in memory of Hank Gathers - Emotion
5.2 - Chris Webber calls a timeout he doesn't have in the 1993 NCAA Championship game - Choke
5.3 - Rulon Gardner defeats Alexander Karelin in the 2000 Olympics - Power
5.4 - Bo Jackson blows by the Seattle defense for a 91 yard TD Run on MNF - Speed
5.5 - Joe Louis TKO's Max Schmeling - Emotion
5.6 - Ali KOs Foreman in The Rumble In The Jungle, 1974 - Upset
5.7 - Jordan's "final shot" beats the Jazz to win his sixth title - Clutch
5.8 - Hail Mary! Doug Flutie to Gerard Phelan lifts BC over Miami - Emotion
5.9 - George Foreman's Punch to Knockout Michael Moore to become the oldest heavyweight champion in history - Upset
5.10 - Francisco Cabrera hits a single to left field and Sid Bream runs to the plate for the winning run in game 7 of the 1992 NLCS - Drama

6.1 - Florida State, Wide Right 1991 - Choke
6.2 - Justin Leonard sinks 45 foot putt to cap off the greatest comeback in Ryder Cup History - 1999 Ryder Cup - Comeback
6.3 - Steve Christie kicks a field goal in overtime to cap the Bills rally from a 35-3 deficit - Comeback
6.4 - Greg Norman hugs Nick Faldo after blowing a six-stroke lead in the final round of the 1996 Masters - Choke
6.5 - Solskjaer's injury time winner, Bayern Munich vs Manchester United 1999 Champion's League Final - Drama
6.6 - Jerzy Dudek's penalty save from Shevchenko to seal the Champions League - Comeback
6.7 - Jason McElwain, an autistic 17 year old senior hits his 6th 3-pointer as the game ends in his high school basketball team's last home game - Emotion
6.8 - Dale Earnhardt killed in crash on final lap of Daytona 500 - Emotion
6.9 - Lance Armstrong crosses the finish line in 1999 and yells "I'm in Shock" as he wins his first Tour de France two years after almost dying from testicular cancer - Strength
6.10 - Time expires in the 1985 NCAA Championship game, Villanova plays the perfect game to beat Georgetown - Upset

7.1 - After having trailed 30-7 in the 4th quarter, John Hall kicks a FG in overtime to complete an amazing comeback by the Jets vs Miami on Monday Night Football in 2000 - Comeback
7.2 - Kerri Strug lands a vault on one leg, helping the US win the Oplympic gold medal over Russia for gymastics in 1996 - Emotion
7.3 - Texas Western defeats KU in 1966 Champioship game - Upset
7.4 Richard Steele stops the Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor fight with 2 seconds left in the 12th round, giving Chavez a TKO victory - Controversy
7.5 - Bill Mazeroski- Power - Hr to end the 1960 world series
7.6 - Bob Beamon shatters the long jump world record, 1968 Olympics in Mexico City - Record Breaking
7.8 - Freshman Michael Jordan sinks a jumper with 15 seconds left to lift North Carolina over Georgetown in the NCAA Championship Game, 63-62 - Clutch
7.9 - 1986 Western Conference Semifinals, Steve Smith scores the Series Clinching goal, for the wrong team - Choke
7.10 - Final seconds tick down in Chaminade's 77-72 victory over Virginia - Upset