Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #151
Danny
Head Coach

Is that a record for most passing yards in a game?
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #152
kingfc22
Head Coach

So when does ATL pull Ryan and their other starters.

This no effort/no heart TB team has no chance.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #153
Izulde
Head Coach

yeah the graphic said it set the NFL record for most combined passing yards in a game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #154
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
So, in a season where Rogers is all kinds of brilliant, Matt Flynn sets new team records for TD passes and Yards in a game

Wonder if Flynn just screwed Rodgers out of a MVP if people start thinking that any QB could have success in GB.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #155
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Matt Flynn is gonna get a starting job somewhere. And he looks eerily like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edit: They're even listed as the same height and weight.

Yep. He'll get paid a ton based on two games that he has played. Sure, he has looked good, but two games. Even Cassel had more of a resume than what Flynn does.

This is very much a same old Lions loss though. Playing a team that doesn't need to win at all and is using backups and you still can't beat them. Now they need to face N.O. who haven't lost at home yet or since the Rams game. Seriously, the Saints got beat by the Rams and Bucs. WTF?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #156
Danny
Head Coach

Brees made it close, but I still think the MVP has to go to Rodgers. Best record in all of football and better QB rating.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #157
Tigercat
College Starter

Considering the basics of what MVP is suppose to mean from the words it stands for, does Flynn's performance put Brees above Rogers? The backup QB who has barely seen the regular season field comes out and throws for 480 yards and 6 TDs against a playoff team? Would that not make Brees more valuable for his team? (Unless you think Chase Daniel could do the same, which is very doubtful.)

And then if we argue it means "Most Valuable Player to the league," given that Brees lead the saints to a tie with the second best record in the NFL AND broke multiple NFL records....

Is efficiency in an offense that can make the backup QB look like a football God really how we are going to decide the MVP? Before today I was thinking Rogers as MVP and Brees as offensive player of the year, now I am thinking the opposite way is the right way to go.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #158
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Wonder if Flynn just screwed Rodgers out of a MVP if people start thinking that any QB could have success in GB.

Only the idiots that will vote Peyton Manning for MVP. It's either Rodgers or Brees and Rodgers should win. Rodgers played so well all year and he would have gone over 5,000 yards had he played today. The Pack was so good this year thanks to Rodgers that he didn't have to even play the last game.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #159
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

In my FFL league, I just lost the championship game to Matt Flynn and Calvin Johnson. Ugh.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #160
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Considering the basics of what MVP is suppose to mean from the words it stands for, does Flynn's performance put Brees above Rogers? The backup QB who has barely seen the regular season field comes out and throws for 480 yards and 6 TDs against a playoff team? Would that not make Brees more valuable for his team? (Unless you think Chase Daniel could do the same, which is very doubtful.)

And then if we argue it means "Most Valuable Player to the league," given that Brees lead the saints to a tie with the second best record in the NFL AND broke multiple NFL records....

Is efficiency in an offense that can make the backup QB look like a football God really how we are going to decide the MVP? Before today I was thinking Rogers as MVP and Brees as offensive player of the year, now I am thinking the opposite way is the right way to go.

If the MVP is decided on how good the backup is then Peyton Manning is the MVP. By your definition of MVP isn't he the most valuable? There's a debate to be had between Brees and Rodgers but Flynn's performance today shouldn't factor in at all.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #161
Grover
Pro Starter

Nugent misses a 36 yard FG on 4th and 1 from the Ravens 19. I would've gone for it.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #162
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
In my FFL league, I just lost the championship game to Matt Flynn and Calvin Johnson. Ugh.

ew, FF leagues should finish in week 16 imo. Week 17 is just horrible for fantasy.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #163
Rizon
Pro Starter

Falcons laying down the Tecmo Super Bowl stick against some team calledl "TB".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #164
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
There's a debate to be had between Brees and Rodgers but Flynn's performance today shouldn't factor in at all.

I wasn't suggesting that someone else other than Rodgers or Brees would win, but now people might have the nod to Brees thinking that Rodgers is a 'system QB' or has so many weapons.

Granted, it is a stupid thought however.. there are alot of stupid people. *cough* Skip Bayless *cough*
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #165
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the MVP is decided on how good the backup is then Peyton Manning is the MVP.

This is also saying somebody wins an award because a GM wasn't smart enough to get a quality backup.

Last edited by Matthean : 01-01-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #166
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
If the MVP is decided on how good the backup is then Peyton Manning is the MVP. By your definition of MVP isn't he the most valuable? There's a debate to be had between Brees and Rodgers but Flynn's performance today shouldn't factor in at all.

Yes, it does show that Manning is the MVP, you know, when he is actually a part of the league, as in playing. OK, take out Flynn or even thinking about who GB's QB was today. Green Bay's offense STILL killed it without Rogers. Would the Saints do the same without Brees? Doubtful.

If Foster had gotten 2000 yards for the Texans this year, but missed a game with an injury after which Tate(or whoever) got 250 yards on the ground, I wouldn't think Foster should get the MVP either. That is what the offensive player of the year is for. MVP should be the player that adds the most value to his team and the league. Even though both Brees and Rogers may "deserve" it, one player has shown down the stretch that he has been more valuable to the league and his team this season. Hell, I would put Brady ahead of Rogers at this point. But I would give Rogers the offensive player of the year for being the QB of an unstoppable passing attack through 15 games

But, writers crowned Rogers MVP 4-6 weeks ago, and sports writers don't like re-evaluating judgments in a way that goes against a successful team or player. So Rogers will still probably win. It's the wrong call, in my biased opinion.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #167
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I wasn't suggesting that someone else other than Rodgers or Brees would win, but now people might have the nod to Brees thinking that Rodgers is a 'system QB' or has so many weapons.

Granted, it is a stupid thought however.. there are alot of stupid people. *cough* Skip Bayless *cough*

Stupid thought to make that as a significant argument, cause Rogers is a great to awesome QB regardless. But when three QBs are having the best seasons in the history of the league? And there shouldn't be that much separation between the three? I think it's a stupid thought to throw away an argument for or against any of them, and having your offense look that unstoppable in your absence...
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #168
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Yes, it does show that Manning is the MVP, you know, when he is actually a part of the league, as in playing. OK, take out Flynn or even thinking about who GB's QB was today. Green Bay's offense STILL killed it without Rogers. Would the Saints do the same without Brees? Doubtful.

If Foster had gotten 2000 yards for the Texans this year, but missed a game with an injury after which Tate(or whoever) got 250 yards on the ground, I wouldn't think Foster should get the MVP either. That is what the offensive player of the year is for. MVP should be the player that adds the most value to his team and the league. Even though both Brees and Rogers may "deserve" it, one player has shown down the stretch that he has been more valuable to the league and his team this season. Hell, I would put Brady ahead of Rogers at this point. But I would give Rogers the offensive player of the year for being the QB of an unstoppable passing attack through 15 games

But, writers crowned Rogers MVP 4-6 weeks ago, and sports writers don't like re-evaluating judgments in a way that goes against a successful team or player. So Rogers will still probably win. It's the wrong call, in my biased opinion.

You are clearly biased in this argument (not that I blame you). You're talking about MVP. Rodgers had statistically a more efficient season than Brees and had his team in a position where they had clinched home field throughout the playoffs and didn't even need to play the last week. This despite one of the worst defenses in the league.

What Flynn did today does not matter at all. Brees only racked up the huge statistics the last two weeks because he had his team in a position where they needed it.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #169
Grover
Pro Starter

Ping: Chiefs and Chargers

Keep up the great work!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #170
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Broncos could lose three in a row and still make the playoffs but having to face Pittsburgh.

It seems a lot of people don't mind losing their jobs in TB.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #171
Grover
Pro Starter

If I'm the Glazers, I fire Morris at half time.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #172
Grover
Pro Starter

Awful, awful fucking call on Reggie Nelson. That was not a personal foul

Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #173
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What Flynn did today does not matter at all.

Why? Because the Lions laid down? I can buy that if it happened. (Wasn't able to watch that game.) But the system possibly being as great or greater than the player has effected MVP races before.

Or are backups setting yardage and TD records for storied franchises really just blips on the radar? Really? Biased or not, and I will certainly admit that I am, I find offenses scoring and driving the ball at will in a record fashion on a playoff team (with seeding to play for) without the NFL MVP a hard thing to just completely throw into the trash can of football discussions.

Anyway, enough from me about awards that don't really matter, back to real football!

Last edited by Tigercat : 01-01-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: another failed dola attempt :( , merged instead
Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #174
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Rodgers had statistically a more efficient season

Not necessarily. QB rating doesn't measure efficiency. It really doesn't measure much of anything.

Heading into this week Brees had the edge in DYAR and Rodgers had the edge in DVOA. Brees played a slightly tougher group of defenses so his stats look better when adjusted.

Both QBs were fantastic this year. I don't have an issue seeing either one get the MVP. I really don't see much that separates them.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #175
Danny
Head Coach

Flynn was only playing because Rodgers lead his team to the best record in football. And it is one game. Flynn cartainly hasn't looked anywhere near that when he has played before (71 passes before today).
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #176
PilotMan
Head Coach

I see the Ravens brought their own refs to the game today.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #177
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Not necessarily. QB rating doesn't measure efficiency. It really doesn't measure much of anything.

Heading into this week Brees had the edge in DYAR and Rodgers had the edge in DVOA. Brees played a slightly tougher group of defenses so his stats look better when adjusted.

Both QBs were fantastic this year. I don't have an issue seeing either one get the MVP. I really don't see much that separates them.

And that is a reasonable argument. I think using Flynn's week 17 performance in any fashion to base your argument on is weak
Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #178
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I see the Ravens brought their own refs to the game today.
That drive was a travesty.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #179
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
That drive was a travesty.

Understatement.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #180
Danny
Head Coach

If the Raiders lose, it is Bresnehan who cost them their shot at the playoffs. So many earlier games they should have won if only their defense did not play so bad
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #181
Danny
Head Coach

Wow so stupid, dumbass WR
Old 01-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #182
Grover
Pro Starter

And another really bad call against the Bengals.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #183
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Wow, what a lopsided bunch of shit calls so far.. The Bengals aren't winning without the flags, but they also would have a better chance to get some momentum.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #184
kingfc22
Head Coach

PIT or BAL will destroy either AFC West team backs into the postseason.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #185
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, what a lopsided bunch of shit calls so far.. The Bengals aren't winning without the flags, but they also would have a better chance to get some momentum.

Penalties are 4-4, but it seems like it's 10-1 in Baltimore's favor.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #186
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
PIT or BAL will destroy either AFC West team backs into the postseason.

Probably, but Pitt seems to be having trouble even beating Cleveland right now.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #187
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
If I'm the Glazers, I fire Morris at half time.

He should have been fired about 4 weeks ago. This team is pathetic and giving ZERO effort.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #188
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, its not the quantity, but the sheer lack of penalties being there to call. Three of the flags against Cinci have just been downright wrong. Plainly, blatantly wrong.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #189
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

This draft needs to bring us a RB and 2 really good G's.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #190
PilotMan
Head Coach

Finally.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #191
Grover
Pro Starter

BERNARD SCOTT!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #192
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well thats one way to make up for a missed td pass.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #193
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I want us to use one of the two firsts on DeCastro from Stanford.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #194
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I love seeing Benson on the bench though. Dude sucks.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #195
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll gladly take him, Richardson/Ball and any lineman from Wisconsin.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #196
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Meanwhile, Rivers is looking like his old self. I love it. I think we can beat the Texans.

FUCK EA
Old 01-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #197
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Good stop by the Bengals there. I was holding my breath looking for a flag, though.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #198
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Better get some DBs, too.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #199
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Better get some DBs, too.

CB depth, please. After Hall and Clements the cupboard is beyond bare.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #200
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Hines Ward will, without a doubt, have at least 5 receptions today.

Congrats Hines on reaching your goal of 1000 career receptions!

Like Steam?