Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #151
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
How about the standard (as if this really needs debating) is if you're a kid who's not willingly putting yourself out there politically, you get left alone. That would include the Obama children, the Palin kids, even Rick Santorum's children, but would leave Caroline Kennedy, Meghan McCain, etc. open for scrutiny.

But Bristol did a full spread for People. Has given numerous interviews and profiles for magazines. She's also made the rounds on all the major talk shows. When does she become an innocent bystander to the situation to someone who is going out in public and trying to make a name for herself?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #152
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
But Bristol did a full spread for People. Has given numerous interviews and profiles for magazines. She's also made the rounds on all the major talk shows. When does she become an innocent bystander to the situation to someone who is going out in public and trying to make a name for herself?

No, you're right. I'd say Bristol has put herself out there. The other kids haven't, I would say.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Her fan base here appears to be extremely conservative and predominately male. Conservative women like here too, but men really dig her, and I don't think that's odd or weird at all.

Interesting.

I don't think I know (offline) a conservative male who particular like her but I also can't think offhand of a conservative female that I know who doesn't absolutely adore her (even when she has an obvious screwup). She's more teflon with the women I know than Reagan was even in his heyday.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #154
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd say Bristol has put herself out there.

I'd say that phrasing is one hell of a straight line
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #155
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
No, you're right. I'd say Bristol has put herself out there. The other kids haven't, I would say.

This was my point all along, which I torturedly failed to get out.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #156
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
A man who is in the spotlight as much as he is can affect society, both positively and negatively. We can't hold him accountable for society's ignorance, but we can certainly hold him accountable for furthering and fostering that ignorance.

So your solution to the ignorance of the masses is to tell a comedian he's not funny.

You carry on trooper!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #157
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Sometimes I get the feeling that people come here to debate Mizzou B-ball fan rather than argue about the issues of the day.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #158
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Sometimes I get the feeling that people come here to debate Mizzou B-ball fan rather than argue about the issues of the day.

Since he's really not capable of forming a valid argument everything tends to default to the former. *shrugs*

The real issue with this topic is that its NOT an issue of the day, its an issue of the tabloids. Its utter stupidity placed high in importance because the moronic masses that make up television viewership in this country put more stock in what a geriatric-has-been of a comedian cracks jokes about.

This has been and always will be a non issue, but a large portion of this country lives its life from the cushions of their couches and have nothing better to do with their time than get bent out of shape over this rather than something that actually matters.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #159
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Little late to the party (was in St. Louis when this all went down), but WOW, those people in the video are touched in the head.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #160
JeeberD
General Manager

Last night a guest who had finished his dinner and was about to leave pulled me aside and told me that the reason he chose OG for dinner was specifically to support us for pulling our advertising from Letterman.

*shrug*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #161
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Just wait till Bristol REALLY does a full spread and puts herself out there.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #162
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Since he's really not capable of forming a valid argument everything tends to default to the former. *shrugs*

The real issue with this topic is that its NOT an issue of the day, its an issue of the tabloids. Its utter stupidity placed high in importance because the moronic masses that make up television viewership in this country put more stock in what a geriatric-has-been of a comedian cracks jokes about.

This has been and always will be a non issue, but a large portion of this country lives its life from the cushions of their couches and have nothing better to do with their time than get bent out of shape over this rather than something that actually matters.

Yeah, and that's what's so damning. Sure, we're all getting a chuckle or having a heated debate about it. But at the end of the hour, it's just a message board and we're blue skying ideas and having issue debates at most about it. Some people are genuinely making their decisions based on stuff like this. Hell, JIMGA makes his living off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Last night a guest who had finished his dinner and was about to leave pulled me aside and told me that the reason he chose OG for dinner was specifically to support us for pulling our advertising from Letterman.

*shrug*

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-22-2009 at 10:55 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #163
JeeberD
General Manager

And another guy stopped me today to tell me basically the same thing. I guess it's having some effect, though I wonder how much business we've lost from the other side?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote