Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #151
CraigSca
Pro Starter

We were looking at a house in a VERY well-to-do community when we were moving to Florida. The community itself was way beyond our price range, but the house we were looking at was doable money-wise (the property was about half its value from a few years ago as it was an investment property, but the market was seriously deflated). We ultimately decided not to make an offer for two reasons:

- We didn't want to be the only people in the neighborhood without the requisite BMWs and private school for the kids.
- Oh, and the $1100 a month HOA fee we heard about halfway through the tour of the house. Good grief.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #152
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
We were looking at a house in a VERY well-to-do community when we were moving to Florida. The community itself was way beyond our price range, but the house we were looking at was doable money-wise (the property was about half its value from a few years ago as it was an investment property, but the market was seriously deflated). We ultimately decided not to make an offer for two reasons:

- We didn't want to be the only people in the neighborhood without the requisite BMWs and private school for the kids.
- Oh, and the $1100 a month HOA fee we heard about halfway through the tour of the house. Good grief.

I looked at a few of those communities a couple of weeks ago. Nice, but I don't want to deal with the bullshit. I bought a home on a 1/2 acre lot on a corner with a greenway in my back yard. So I have to deal with exactly one direct neighbor. That's it.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #153
Butter
Coordinator

$1100 a month??? Jesus Christ.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #154
DanGarion
Coordinator

Fucking reporter can't even get the name of the company of the agent they spoke with right. It isn't Berkshire-Hathaway there is no fucking dash moron.

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-08-2014 at 10:50 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #155
digamma
Torchbearer

Wow--that dash has you pretty frosted.

Pretty sure you should crush the editor rather than the moron cake eater of a reporter though.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #156
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
$1100 a month??? Jesus Christ.

I would expect the HOA to come wipe my ass for that kind of money. Our mortgage is almost half of the HOA!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #157
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
How much was the house? - I'm figuring its either 'free' and the HOA are like the monthly fees in a similar system to when you get a new phone from AT&T ... or its a multi-million pound neighborhood where if you have to ask you can't afford it ..

I think they were selling for like 650-750

This is the show with the blonde chick that looks almost exactly like Tyra from Friday Night Lights.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #158
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

At $1,100/month HOA fee, I have to figure it's either intentionally high to keep the riff raff out OR it includes things like lawn care & such.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
At $1,100/month HOA fee, I have to figure it's either intentionally high to keep the riff raff out OR it includes things like lawn care & such.

At $1,100 a month it better include a hot coed of my choosing to come over and give me a weekly BJ.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #160
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Nothing about lawncare, but it was a community with a very nice, country club like atmosphere - golf course and tennis courts embedded in the community. However, I don't think their usage was included in the free.

It may have been a rifraff thing, but the majority of the houses were in the high six figures (this one was nowhere near). You have to be high-end riffraff if you could afford to live here
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #161
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This is the show with the blonde chick that looks almost exactly like Tyra from Friday Night Lights.
Well now you've got me interested.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #162
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Well now you've got me interested.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #163
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Wow--that dash has you pretty frosted.

Pretty sure you should crush the editor rather than the moron cake eater of a reporter though.

Eh... I work for the Franchisor. I just think it's stupid when paid professionals can't get simple facts straight.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #164
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Nothing about lawncare, but it was a community with a very nice, country club like atmosphere - golf course and tennis courts embedded in the community. However, I don't think their usage was included in the free.

It may have been a rifraff thing, but the majority of the houses were in the high six figures (this one was nowhere near). You have to be high-end riffraff if you could afford to live here
If it's a closed-membership country club where you have to live there to be a member, that makes sense. The HOA subsidizes the country club but you still have to play for golf, dinner, etc. No special privileges, you're just paying to have "green space."

Around KC here, $400 a month HOA will get you lawn care, snow removal and sometimes even exterior maintenance such as painting every 10-15 years.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #165
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
If it's a closed-membership country club where you have to live there to be a member, that makes sense. The HOA subsidizes the country club but you still have to play for golf, dinner, etc. No special privileges, you're just paying to have "green space."

Around KC here, $400 a month HOA will get you lawn care, snow removal and sometimes even exterior maintenance such as painting every 10-15 years.

Snow removal?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote