Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #151
MikeVic
Head Coach

I was talking with another person saying that exact same thing: I enjoyed this show more than the second season of Heroes. I hope it gets picked up for another season, since it's kind of hard to rate a show based on only one season. I'd like to see what else they can do.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #152
Anthony
Banned

what happened with 24 to make it a bad show? i don't watch it, but i've heard constantly the last 2 season were awful - what were some of the bad storlyine or plot devices that made it so bad?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #153
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's comin' back, yo!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...bae45ceb5ff4df
Fox Confirms Renewal For 'Sarah Connor'

Apr-21-2008

It wasn't too much of a surprise, but Fox made it official.

The network known for axing shows like "Alien Nation" and "Firefly" well before their times took a rare step by renewing a science-fiction series, namely "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."
Michael Ausiello of TV Guide reported rumors of the pickup last week, but others say it wasn't too much of a stretch since the show didn't do horribly in the ratings (it did lose 50 percent of its premiere, but that premiere came after highly rated playoff football), and it's attached to a franchise that is preparing to put out its first movie without actor and governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Fox has ordered 13 additional episodes for a second season of the show, but it's still not clear whether it will move to the fall, or take up a mid-season premiere like it did this past season.
The show, which is produced by Warner Bros. Television, stars Lena Headey as Sarah Connor, Thomas Dekker as John Connor and Summer Glau as the Terminator Cameron.

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #154
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Shirley Manson cast in 'Sarah Connor'

Garbage lead singer to be regular on 'Terminator' series

By Nellie Andreeva

May 29, 2008, 01:00 AM

Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson is venturing into acting in a big way with a regular role next season on Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

On "Sarah Connor," produced by Warner Bros. TV, Scottish musician Manson will play Catherine Weaver, the CEO of a cutting-edge high-tech company.

The sci-fi series, an offshoot from the "Terminator" feature franchise, is returning for a second season in the fall after launching in midseason as the highest-rated new scripted series of the 2007-08 season.

It stars Lena Headey as Sarah Connor, Thomas Dekker as her son John Connor and Summer Glau as terminator Cameron Phillips.

Formed in Madison, Wis., Garbage broke on the national scene in 1995 with its self-titled debut album, which spawned the modern rock hit "Only Happy When It Rains" and has gone double platinum. The quartet, which also includes Nirvana producer Butch Vig on drums, has released three other albums, the most recent in 2005.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #155
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

She's my woman. Hands off.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #156
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
She's my woman. Hands off.

No, mine.

I will settle for a 3 way though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #157
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

One sec, I'll go wake her and ask.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #158
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No, she says I'm the only man for her. Sorry .

Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #159
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
No, she says I'm the only man for her. Sorry .

What if I got a sex change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #160
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

quick headsup, season premiere is tonight...

FM
Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #161
MikeVic
Head Coach

Can't wait!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #162
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Definitely looking forward to it.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #163
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm a bit surprised they are trying to put this up agains MNF...it seems to me it would be the same demographic.

not that i personally care much...thats what DVRs are for.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #164
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dvr is set! woohoo!

and in a couple weeks monday night really returns to greatness as we get HIMYM, 2.5 Men, and Big Bang Theory back also! DVR starts to work overtime!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #165
MikeVic
Head Coach

Heroes is on a Monday too.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #166
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Heroes is on a Monday too.

meh - unless the broads are finally going to get nekkid, that show is overrated IMO.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #167
hoopsguy
General Manager

However, I think it is fair to suggest that Heroes and Terminator Chronicles probably have a similar audience.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh yeah. i suppose
Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #169
Tasan
College Starter

DVR is set. My wife and I were both surprised it was renewed. Its one of those shows that we like, but borders on being able to quickly go downhill if they do something stupid. Here's hoping for another solid, non-stupid season.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #170
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Agreed- have it on the DVR.

Glad they didn't go the "terminator-per-week" idea and went with a better serial format.

Speaking to Heroes and Terminator, I thought they were on at different times so you could easily watch both. Kindof a scifi two-fer.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #171
Tigercat
College Starter

That was a great surprise visit...
Spoiler
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #172
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Agreed- have it on the DVR.

Glad they didn't go the "terminator-per-week" idea and went with a better serial format.

Speaking to Heroes and Terminator, I thought they were on at different times so you could easily watch both. Kindof a scifi two-fer.

SI

yeah, Terminator is at 8 and Heroes was/will be at 9...

FM
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #173
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
That was a great surprise visit...
Spoiler

I completely agree.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #174
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I know this sounds silly, but I figured there would be better, well, you know things that could do the same job for a lesser cost to the future robots.

SI

Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #175
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Excellent start to season 2.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #176
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
Excellent start to season 2.

-Cork

I agree. It was a pretty exciting episode. They continue to try to do more stylistically with the show than most, which is appreciated.

I am still not sure about the whole Cameron could turn evil at any minute thing. That seems like quite an awful risk.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #177
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I agree. It was a pretty exciting episode. They continue to try to do more stylistically with the show than most, which is appreciated.

I am still not sure about the whole Cameron could turn evil at any minute thing. That seems like quite an awful risk.

Or it could turn into a crutch. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again or they find a way to make it never happen again. Nice showing at the end. Didn't think they would go there so soon and I didn't see that coming. Thought we'd get the tried and tested evil corporation with weird CEO bad guy. Now we get that with a bonus.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #178
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Or it could turn into a crutch. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again or they find a way to make it never happen again. Nice showing at the end. Didn't think they would go there so soon and I didn't see that coming. Thought we'd get the tried and tested evil corporation with weird CEO bad guy. Now we get that with a bonus.

Spoiler

SI

Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #179
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And Shirley Manson just looks non-human .
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #180
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And Shirley Manson just looks non-human .

Didn't realize that was her

SI

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #181
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

If it does happen again, it will be pretty lame (especially if they don't melt her ass right there on the spot). Going to the well once is fine and kind of cool. Twice? Not so much.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #182
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so I just want to make sure I'm following along here:

Shirley Manson's character apparently has been running her company for some period of time, based on the interaction with the department heads and comments about stock price increasing under her watch.

So, how does this gel with what we have seen with the "learning process" with Arnold in T2 and with Cameron last season? Just how far along in the learning process is Shirley? From what we saw at the end, the experience of living with humans doesn't seem to have "humanized" her much at all.

This seems like a pretty important concept to the show overall, if not necessarily this particular episode. Hopefully the result is more satisfying than the conclusion of the Matrix movies when they mined similar themes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #183
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, so I just want to make sure I'm following along here:

Shirley Manson's character apparently has been running her company for some period of time, based on the interaction with the department heads and comments about stock price increasing under her watch.

So, how does this gel with what we have seen with the "learning process" with Arnold in T2 and with Cameron last season? Just how far along in the learning process is Shirley? From what we saw at the end, the experience of living with humans doesn't seem to have "humanized" her much at all.

This seems like a pretty important concept to the show overall, if not necessarily this particular episode. Hopefully the result is more satisfying than the conclusion of the Matrix movies when they mined similar themes.

Maybe the T-1000's are better than the older, less advanced models at the whole "learning process" thing?

Or maybe the T-1000 just recently killed the real Shirley - the one responsible for the whole stock price increase - and took her form?

Both would seem plausible enough.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #184
saldana
Pro Starter

so can anyone tell me what happened in the last minute of tonights show...the dvr shut off right after Cameronsaid that she got the necklace at a thrift store.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #185
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nothing that I recall...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #186
gi
College Prospect

Nothing, just previews. I'm slowly losing interest in this show. Hoping it picks up some in the next couple of episodes.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #187
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nothing, just previews. I'm slowly losing interest in this show. Hoping it picks up some in the next couple of episodes.

Rumors have it that it's toast at the midpoint of this season if ratings don't kick up which isn't very likely since it's against Monday Night Football.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #188
MikeVic
Head Coach

I actually like this show a lot.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #189
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree that this weeks episode was not very good. it explained some things, but didnt really have any dramatic grip moments.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #190
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I actually like this show a lot.

I am right there with ya. I think this show has been very good and look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

-Cork
Old 10-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #191
rowech
Pro Starter

This show works when they bring the future into it. When it's just an episode of them being chased the whole time, it's just blah. If they don't incorporate some of the future into each episode, I don't think it'll last.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #192
DanGarion
Coordinator

So what was up with Cameron taking off her jacket before entering John's room. Was she trying to seduce him...?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #193
gi
College Prospect

I was thinking that she used it as a manipulation tool. I'm thinking we will get some story soon about how she is trying to merge her human memories with her non-human shell. Couple hints about her making mistakes, etc through out the episode is making me think that.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #194
MikeVic
Head Coach

I hope Cromartie isn't back... I hate when a show kills someone and then brings them back. Especially if they've been hyping it as much as this show has. Maybe Cromartie dying was a red herring, and we'll still get someone else dead.

Overall though, I'm still liking this show. I think it's amazing that with three movies and another on the way, they've managed to actually stay pretty consistent with the story in those (well two movies at least).
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #195
gi
College Prospect

I agree, good show so far. I had my doubts that they could turn it around in my eyes, but they did and I'm liking it again. As long as the writers don't get lazy, I'm in.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #196
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, it's back as of last week but has been moved to Friday. Just saw last week's on DVR and it starts out this half of the season nicely. I still am curious what they are going to do with the Catherine Weaver (Manson)-John Henry plot as they hinted but did no real reveals.

One of the things that I give them a lot of credit for is that they have done really well with the "time war" part of the plot. It's really hard to do time travel well, particularly something where there are characters coming backwards in time to change the future.

It's as has been said previously in this thread, it's a show that could fall off a cliff at any time and the viewer knows it but they so far have avoided any of those pitfalls, which makes it that much more rewarding.

I really want to see where they go with this show but I suspect we won't get the chance.

SI

Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #197
MikeVic
Head Coach

I enjoy this show, and like the whole Terminator story. I think this show does a really good job of referencing past events from the movies, but also not setting stuff up for future movies (since I doubt they can do something like that). If this show gets canceled (as alluded to in the Dollhouse thread), I'll be sad.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #198
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ouch, Friday. That's where shows are sent to die.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #199
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Ouch, Friday. That's where shows are sent to die.

As oposed to opposite MNF on Mondays?

-Cork
Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #200
gi
College Prospect

Once MNF went to ESPN, I wouldn't worry about it as much. Plus with DVR, it doesn't matter. Pretty soon, watching TV Live will be rare.

Nice start, good acting. I'm hoping the series sticks for another season. If there is doubt, wrap up the story as best as you can. I still miss Pushing Daisies.