Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Todd, I'm not sure why you're doing this, but you're coming across as incredibly defensive here. Personally, I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school. I've loved The Show's simple controls since 06 (?). Each year they've added more realism but have kept the great gameplay and intuitive controls and I'm thanking my lucky stars.

Last year I think the graphics were much better on the next-gen version of 2k7 vs. The Show (again, if you can get past the Jello-effect uniforms blowing in the wind). This year, I don't really think so. They may "possibly" look better in screenshots, but the animations, like last year, seem to have hitches in them. I know you really took to 2k7, and I gave it a shot but was never able to (hence the reason I went back to the Show).

Here's hoping we both find enjoyment with our chosen games.

There hasn't been much to really check out this year, but just watching those videos I posted a link to in the 2k8 thread really gets me excited.

I know I'm in the minority on how much I liked 2k7 last year.

I'm just tired of people bashing Brinkman when he stated that he couldn't make this the end all of baseball games in just one year. He's done a hell of a job in year 1 and I expect the same this year. The Show is further along in it's cycle, but I'm sorry, it feels the same as '06 to me. Which, btw.. isn't a bad thing. Trust me, I love the demo.. but I'm very excited to see how the new pitching and throwing works in 2k8, not to mention the improvement in hitting which is apparent in the videos.

Sorry Balldog......................
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #152
CraigSca
Pro Starter

PastaPadre is reporting that The Show's release date may have been moved up - Amazon is saying 2/28 (which makes no sense as it's a Thursday) and Gamefly has it at 3/1.

Oh baby!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #153
Icy
Pro Starter

Some guys in operationsports got the game already (official release day is 4th).

Here is the first review at IGN:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/856/856121p1.html

They praise the game and give it an 8.7 rating, that is prety good knowing how low did they value the game past year when i think it was one of the games of the year.

Too bad i need to wait an extra week or so for the game to come to Spain from Canada where i'm importing it from.

Last edited by Icy : 02-29-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #154
Icy
Pro Starter

Here is a full game video (CUBS at RED) recorded by an OPS forum member, good for those who want to see how is the final game. In the first inning, 3rd bat, there is a nice stolen HR.

http://www.vimeo.com/747654

Last edited by Icy : 03-03-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #155
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Game comes out tomorrow. I am VERY excited to pick this baby up. Tried to find it last week, but no success. Guess I'm stuck waiting until release day.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #156
Icy
Pro Starter

I must admit the wait was killing me and i have "sinned" today and got the PSP version already (you can imagine how) while i wait for my PS3 and PSP preorders to come to Spain from Canada.

For those asking, the PSP version looks more or less like past year's, just a few animations added and some stadiums upgraded (I guess not much can be improved from past year using the PSP power). A nice touch is that load times are like half from past year, and playing it from the memory stick are so small. The major upgrade, and exactly what i was looking for, is the RTTS mode.

For what i saw in the few games i have played today, this year you get training points earned or lost for a lot of things related to your performance, including defensive performances (like 5 points per putout, 5 per assisted, 10 per double play, etc) so you are not only valued by your offense like past year. Also you get punished for defensive errors, strikeouts, etc. Playing 2B is so fun, as besides catching balls batted in your direction, this year you are also required to run to 2b to go for the double play, or to avoid a base steal etc.

My biggest complain in 07 RTTS was the lack of defensive goals, and they are in this year, so i'm so happy. Btw, another addition is when playing as C, past year, you did almost nothing in defense, just catch an high popup or fault from time to time, in 08 i have already threw a few times to 2nd base to avoid a base steal so it looks that C will be a fun position to play this year in RTTS.

Can't wait for the PS3 version to arrive with it's greatly improved graphics, but the PSP version is the perfect game for this little machine.

Last edited by Icy : 03-03-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #157
korme
Go Reds

I'm torn on which I will do first - RttS or Dynasty.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #158
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I'm torn on which I will do first - RttS or Dynasty.

If there was a RTTS game in every sports game, I'd likely never do a dynasty. RTTS is just the right mix of addictive gameplay and game time.

I did see that The Show has added mid-game saves this year. That makes it a little easier to do a Dynasty when you can't control when you might be pulled away from the game.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-03-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #159
korme
Go Reds

Sometimes I do want to play a full game however and I want to use a lot of players who will be in the league this year - the only downfall to RttS is that you feel very isolated (which isn't always bad as games go very quickly)
Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #160
Butter
Coordinator

Holy crap that game looks awesome. Too bad I was responsible with my tax refund this year.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #161
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Review embargoes FTL (even if mainstream gaming journalists have a mixed record at best when it comes to sports games)

Can't wait to hear more about the game from people, especially if you can focus your comments on the gameplay, sim stats, franchise mode, etc. and not the differences in frame rate between 720/1080, if they put the new Jumbotron in Kauffman Stadium, or if the 'K' signs are hung in the right spot in Anaheim's stadium like the threads I've lurked on OS.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #162
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Review embargoes FTL (even if mainstream gaming journalists have a mixed record at best when it comes to sports games)

Can't wait to hear more about the game from people, especially if you can focus your comments on the gameplay, sim stats, franchise mode, etc. and not the differences in frame rate between 720/1080, if they put the new Jumbotron in Kauffman Stadium, or if the 'K' signs are hung in the right spot in Anaheim's stadium like the threads I've lurked on OS.

In the video I saw, Pujols had only 643 whiskers in his goatee.. everyone knows it's closer to 757.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #163
FBPro
College Starter

Icy,

With the PSP version are you required to play DEF/run bases or is it an option as in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I must admit the wait was killing me and i have "sinned" today and got the PSP version already (you can imagine how) while i wait for my PS3 and PSP preorders to come to Spain from Canada.

For those asking, the PSP version looks more or less like past year's, just a few animations added and some stadiums upgraded (I guess not much can be improved from past year using the PSP power). A nice touch is that load times are like half from past year, and playing it from the memory stick are so small. The major upgrade, and exactly what i was looking for, is the RTTS mode.

For what i saw in the few games i have played today, this year you get training points earned or lost for a lot of things related to your performance, including defensive performances (like 5 points per putout, 5 per assisted, 10 per double play, etc) so you are not only valued by your offense like past year. Also you get punished for defensive errors, strikeouts, etc. Playing 2B is so fun, as besides catching balls batted in your direction, this year you are also required to run to 2b to go for the double play, or to avoid a base steal etc.

My biggest complain in 07 RTTS was the lack of defensive goals, and they are in this year, so i'm so happy. Btw, another addition is when playing as C, past year, you did almost nothing in defense, just catch an high popup or fault from time to time, in 08 i have already threw a few times to 2nd base to avoid a base steal so it looks that C will be a fun position to play this year in RTTS.

Can't wait for the PS3 version to arrive with it's greatly improved graphics, but the PSP version is the perfect game for this little machine.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #164
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro View Post
Icy,

With the PSP version are you required to play DEF/run bases or is it an option as in the past?

If you mean the rtts mode, you are forced to this year, the classic mode is gone.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #165
FBPro
College Starter

Bummer, that sucks. I'll give it a shot but may just stick w/ '07 since I'm not normally a fan of being forced to play those roles.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #166
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
............if they put the new Jumbotron in Kauffman Stadium............

Ummm, that's likely the key to my purchasing decision.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #167
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Bummer, that sucks. I'll give it a shot but may just stick w/ '07 since I'm not normally a fan of being forced to play those roles.

Agreed. If there is no way to at least fast forward through them, that's going to be frustrating to me. I like the ability of just being able to get my 4 or 5 at bats a game and move on. I can get through a season quickly that way. Not cool.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #168
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Interesting. I didn't even know that skipping the defense stuff was an option last year. Where is the option to only do the at-bats?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #169
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Interesting. I didn't even know that skipping the defense stuff was an option last year. Where is the option to only do the at-bats?

There was a classic mode.

There was also a sim option for simming until your next at bat. That's the thing I hope is still in there. As long as I can sim to the next at bat, I'm ok. I doubt they took that out, at least I hope not.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #170
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Two more trailers just posted on GameTrailers...........

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=240849
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=240848
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #171
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More info from the Operation Sports forums:

1. HDD install time is 2-3 minutes when you start up the game for the first time.
2. No option to just skip to at-bats in the game according to the RTTS thread. You have to play in the field and bat as well. My guess behind that reasoning is that development points are also awarded for fielding.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #172
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Got the game this morning. Just got shut out by Greg Maddux (a 3-hitter). THIS was worth getting a PS3 for.
how do you know?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #173
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
More info from the Operation Sports forums:

1. HDD install time is 2-3 minutes when you start up the game for the first time.
2. No option to just skip to at-bats in the game according to the RTTS thread. You have to play in the field and bat as well. My guess behind that reasoning is that development points are also awarded for fielding.

Well, if that's the case, they destroyed the greatest single part of the game.

What a ridiculous decision. When will developers learn that the more ways they give a player to play a game, the better?

My only RTTS mode will be as a pitcher now. What a moronic decision.

Last edited by TroyF : 03-04-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #174
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

I was lucky enough to get my copy on Saturday (Wal-Mart baby). I've played it a few times but the fiance moved in this weekend too and we're still getting things unpacked etc. Who am I kidding, I'll never get to play this game now ha. Luckily, I get home from work a good 2 hours before she does.

I've started a franchise with the Nationals. Their new stadium looks sharp and they are a fun team to build with (no real identity, big market).

I'm still in the process of putting my lineups together and so on. Should get through that tonight perhaps if not later this week!

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 03-04-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #175
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Well, if that's the case, they destroyed the greatest single part of the game.

What a ridiculous decision. When will developers learn that the more ways they give a player to play a game, the better?

My only RTTS mode will be as a pitcher now. What a moronic decision.

Agreed that more options are better, but 'destroyed' and 'ridiculous decision' are a bit overdramatic. I played in the field and batted in RTTS in the 2007 version as a CF and as a 2B player and I was finishing games in 5 minutes, if not less. They allow for a lot of fast-forwards during play that shorten up gameplay quite a bit.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-04-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #176
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Got the game this morning. Just got shut out by Greg Maddux (a 3-hitter). THIS was worth getting a PS3 for.

You're a damn tease!

Toss a few more tidbits. I won't be able to get it until later this afternoon.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #177
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed that more options are better, but 'destroyed' and 'ridiculous decision' are a bit overdramatic. I played in the field and batted in RTTS in the 2007 version as a CF and as a 2B player and I was finishing games in 5 minutes, if not less. They allow for a lot of fast-forwards during play that shorten up gameplay quite a bit.

lmao
Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #178
korme
Go Reds

In the season opener vs the D-Backs, I give up 3 dingers and lose 5-0 as Brandon Webb 3 hits me!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #179
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Just got back from Wally-world with mine and have the rest of the week off Are we keeping all impressions in this thread?

I did read one thing last night that pissed me off. Damn MLBPA, no Fukudome in the game until he plays in a MLB regular season game, like DiceK last year. This really sucks for a guy that is obviously going to be there. Oh, well looks like a month messing around with the game before I start a serious Cub game.

Or I guess I could try the RTTS. My son really liked playing that though it never really peaked my interest. But with about a month to kill it's something to think about.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #180
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

For me, they destroyed it. For you, they didn't.

That's why OPTIONS that allow a player to play the game the way they want are the way to go. I have very little patience for games which actually TAKE OUT EXISTING OPTIONS.

In short, they piss me off.

That's ok. I'll still buy and play this game. In fact, buy two versions of it. But they did damage a really enjoyable part of the game for me.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #181
Calis
College Starter

I actually had no idea you could even skip defense and only do at bats in the last version.

Not sure how I missed that, but no biggie. The fact that they added points for defensive stops is a much bigger deal to me, I hated the fact it was pointless last season.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #182
Icy
Pro Starter

If you don't want to play a lot of defense, choose to be a C and you will be in way less defensive plays than a SS (mainly avoiding steal attempts and picking popups), as RF you are not in a lot of defensive plays either. As for baserunning, i always create myself as a fast guy, so instead of just waiting for others to hit while doing nothing, i can try to steal bases.

Last edited by Icy : 03-04-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #183
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
If you don't want to play a lot of defense, choose to be a C and you will be in way less defensive plays than a SS (mainly avoiding steal attempts and picking popups), as RF you are not in a lot of defensive plays either. As for baserunning, i always create myself as a fast guy, so instead of just waiting for others to hit while doing nothing, i can try to steal bases.

FYI.....the Catcher actually has quite a few more plays this year. They let you try to throw out baserunners and pick off runners. We'll have to wait for more impressions, but it sounds like the Catcher has changed quite a bit from last year's version.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #184
korme
Go Reds

Started a RttS career and simmed until I got to the majors (took 7 years, geez! Last year I could get there at age 21)

Anyways, struggling mightily through a couple games batting 1-for-17
Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #185
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Started a RttS career and simmed until I got to the majors (took 7 years, geez! Last year I could get there at age 21)

Anyways, struggling mightily through a couple games batting 1-for-17

Wow 7 years look a lot, but for that SCSA developers said, they wanted it to be like real life, when players expend a few years in the minors and do not jump from AA to MLB in their first year as you could in 07.

While i enjoy playing in the minors, i think SCSA should add another mode for next year, where you could choose any player in the roster set and "be that player" until the end of his career. Let's say you want to be Brandon Webb, you would manage only his character as you do in RTTS, signing contracts etc. I think it would be really nice for those who don't want to expend any time in the minors developing their young players.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #186
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

First thoughts after completing my first game.
All-star level
Default sliders

Cubs (me) vs Royals (hey, I at least wanted a chance to win my first game ) at Wrigley. Zambrano vs Meche Lost the game 7-1 but it was a lot of fun.

I think the thing that stuck out most to me was the realistic pitch counts combined with fatigue. Z went 6 full innings throwing 106 pitches and getting tagged for two HR's (wind out at 24mph) and 5 earned runs. Meche went the full 9 needing IIRC 110 pitches.

No BB for either team but not too concerned as some of that was my impatience and, if like last year, a slider tweak will make the user more likely to walk a batter. And FWIW I didn't nibble at corners like I would in a franchise game.

As both pitchers went into the 90's pitch count mark you could see them start to lose some command and pitches, at least seemed, to become more hittable. I scored my run on a DeRosa HR at this time off of Meche as he seemed to be challenging hitters more with a 7-0 lead. Seemed like he was throwing more fastballs and trying to get hitters to put the ball in play.

Another nice thing with fatigue. Last year when fatigue hit guys became very wild. Throw a slider and you were very likely to have it go way wide of the plate to the backstop or a high fastball would sail over the C's head. In the game I played today while the control did start to fail the result wasn't extreme wildness. Yes, the C had to reach for balls that were sweeping or sailing but was able to at least get a glove on them. It was more of a subtle transition instead of the instant "every thing going to hell at once" I experienced last year. I did go to the pen so did not test to see if I had let them keep going if they would eventually get extremely wild.

Very impressed with the pitching after one game. Be interesting to see how it
goes over several games.

The hitting mechanics were just like last year. This is a good thing you don't fix what isn't broke. I thought I could see the pitches better and that they also had more realistic movement but that could just be a combination of imagination and adrenalin because of excitement over the new game I did hit two doubles in the game. Ramirez found the gap in right-center and rolled on to the ivy and Murton smashed a line-drive off the RF wall. So, while this looked good with relation to fielder's speed I'll be anxious to see how it does over several games.

Lot's of variety in batted balls. 3 bounce dribblers in front of the plate, hard grounders down the lines, bloops over third and first falling in, liners off the wall, etc all looking very good. Turned a DP with Theriot diving towards 2b, flipping the ball to DeRosa from his stomach, and DeRosa plucking it out of the air with his bare hand and making the throw to 1b.

Presentation is of course top notch. Live bullpen is cool to have again. When the RP gets up he first short throws from in front of the bullpen mound and then moves back once he starts to get loose. I don't know if the cpu uses live warm-ups though as Meche went the full nine. I'm hoping they do but last year I don't think there was any way to see if the cpu was warming someone up or not so this is wait and see.

Back now to the ballpark, I think I'll have a look at the baggie in Minnesota next. Maybe I can win one there.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #187
Calis
College Starter

What's the word on the PS2 version of the game? Is it a minor update or are some of the changes, mostly I'm looking at the RTTS stuff present there as well?

Might save me $500 bucks if it's a decent upgrade.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
What's the word on the PS2 version of the game? Is it a minor update or are some of the changes, mostly I'm looking at the RTTS stuff present there as well?

Might save me $500 bucks if it's a decent upgrade.

IGN gave it a 8 out of 10 and says that the RTTS is somewhat improved but not as good as the PS3 version with not as many goals as one of the issues. However, they do say it is improved from last year's RTTS. Also, they say the control issues from last year are still present. Here is the link:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/856/856478p2.html

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-04-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #189
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I played 3 games today, all with the Orioles and scored a single run. Man, do I stink. However, I really had an absolute great time and can;t wait for everyone to go to bed tonight .

About walks - they are available, especially when you fluster the other pitcher. I only scored a run, but I flustered Padilla of the Rangers for an inning plus and was able to draw 4 walks. Lucky, too, as he 3-hit me.

Trachsel gave up a homerun on his first pitch, and a 2-run shot a few batters later, but then he calmed down and gave up only 2 more hits in his 6 innings. The game is SO baseball...I really wish the guys at Madden and NCAA sat down, studied this thing and figured out how this game seems to do everything right.

P.S. I've heard online play is essentially broken. Fortunately, I haven't played a sports game online since some 11 year old decimated me at College Hoops 2K7. Not going back there as there are too many cheesers.
how do you know?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #190
korme
Go Reds

I think this is the first game I own where you can make your own playlists from songs you've burned to your PS3 (setting it up now so i'll see if i'm right)
Old 03-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #191
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
P.S. I've heard online play is essentially broken. Fortunately, I haven't played a sports game online since some 11 year old decimated me at College Hoops 2K7. Not going back there as there are too many cheesers.

I don't suppose you could elaborate a bit more on this for me?..
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #192
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez View Post
I don't suppose you could elaborate a bit more on this for me?..

Huge lag is being reported, making online playing almost impossible as it's hard to time batting, etc. No answers by Sony yet (official release date is today anyway), but i guess they will try to upgrade their servers or whatever is needed. Not an issue for me at all as i didn't play 07 online even once, but i underesand it's a big issue for some.

I guess this is the main difference between the free online service from Sony vs the paid Microsoft one, you get what you paid for as it's usually said.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #193
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just got home to find the PS3, PS2 and PSP versions of the game waiting for me. Can't wait until after dinner when I can crack into the PS3 version.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #194
STK
H.S. Freshman Team

I keep getting stuck on "Retrieving License Agreement". I'm guessing the server may be busy.

No joy...
STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #195
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by STK View Post
I keep getting stuck on "Retrieving License Agreement". I'm guessing the server may be busy.

No joy...

This just happened to me.....Anyone having a little difficulty hitting the longball, or hitting in general? Not complaining, I like it bc it's more realistic and I will probably improve the more I play. The HR, however, has been difficult. 3 games in and haven't hit 1 (I'm the Mets). I noticed while hitting you can't lock onto a pitch dead on like last yr. I can still guess the pitch and location, but that red circle doesn't appear anymore. Sometimes I guess outside fastball and the thing blinks or whatever, for both location and pitch, but the pitch is 3 feet off the plate.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #196
SackAttack
Head Coach

I was getting plenty of red circles in the demo.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #197
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I was getting plenty of red circles in the demo.

Hmm. That's odd. I find it hard to believe I haven't been able to lock on to a single pitch 4 games in. I wonder if it has something to do with the difficulty level or maybe there is an option to turn on/off.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #198
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've only played a few games so far, but while I'm not getting the circle like last year, if I guess the pitch and location I'm getting the strike zone box flash and also the zone I selected lighting up along with my batting zone automatically relocating to that spot. I'm still on default difficulty if that does affect how it reacts.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #199
SackAttack
Head Coach

I might be getting the circle confused with the zone flash Travis is talking about.

I got a bunch of something in the demo, and then bought MLB 07 which obviously has the circles.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #200
korme
Go Reds

08 no circle, it just lets you know you guessed the loc. and pitch, however the location may be outside of the zone - no more guaranteed big hits (good, i think)