Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #151
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Drew Neitzel has the flu and might not play. I'm assuming they'll just have a bucket near the bench for him

Mizzou had similar issues last night. Must be something in the water. Stephon Hannah and one other player had a flu bug as well. Thankfully, they managed to beat Maryland.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #152
MrBug708
Head Coach

How the hell did UCLA win that game? Stats be damned, there is no freshmen in the nation I'd take over Love...

UCLA basically played an 6 man rotation last night...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #153
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan vs Butler tonight in Alaska. We got served vs G'Town as I figured but this could be a nice win vs a solid top 25 team. Big games needed from Sims and Harris though.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #154
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'll rescind the previous KU comment as it just must be something I'm missing.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 PM   #155
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
How the hell did UCLA win that game? Stats be damned, there is no freshmen in the nation I'd take over Love...

UCLA basically played an 6 man rotation last night...

Love is amazing. Watched him play on TV a couple times last year and it was just ridiculous how much better he was than anyone else. Such a skilled big man, he somehow makes outlet passes look cool.

I was reading something a few days ago where a recruiting service said that this is easily the best freshman class in NCAA history. Next year's class is supposed to be fairly strong and they said the best player in the class (greg monroe) would have ranked 8th in this class.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Figures. Aboya could be out for a while with a fracture of his orbital bone under his right eye. I swear, UCLA can never escape injuries. It has been three years now that we have been just killed by injuries.

Love also sprained his foot (of course), but it appears he'll be okay.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #157
MrBug708
Head Coach

7 scholarship players! Well, Collison should be back for the next game
Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #158
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Figures. Aboya could be out for a while with a fracture of his orbital bone under his right eye. I swear, UCLA can never escape injuries. It has been three years now that we have been just killed by injuries.

Love also sprained his foot (of course), but it appears he'll be okay.

Better now than during conference play or in March, no?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #159
miami_fan
Coordinator

UNC is down one to BYU with just over 7 mins left. Game is on ESPN2
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #160
Radii
Head Coach

I only watched the last 10 minutes of the UNC game, but I was not impressed. Lawson only played 2 minutes before missing the rest of the game with an ankle injury, but Frasor is a capable point guard. I'm getting frustrated at UNC's inability to carry a lead vs a subpar opponent throughout a game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #161
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I only watched the last 10 minutes of the UNC game, but I was not impressed. Lawson only played 2 minutes before missing the rest of the game with an ankle injury, but Frasor is a capable point guard. I'm getting frustrated at UNC's inability to carry a lead vs a subpar opponent throughout a game.

I am sure you have watched more of their games then I have so you will know better than me. Tyler Hansbrough just seems a little bit off so far this year. I mean the numbers are there but it just seems like he just disappears for too many minutes during the game.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #162
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like the suicide watch in Lawrence may be averted. KU is probably going to survive against Arizona in overtime.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Looks like the suicide watch in Lawrence may be averted. KU is probably going to survive against Arizona in overtime.

If suicide watch was ever a serious consideration for KU fans, memo to them: Arizona is still a very good program and probably has just as many McD's AA as KU does.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #164
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't think anyone in Lawrence was on suicide watch, contrary to MBBF's absurd claims.

Arizona now has 2 losses, both to ranked teams. Wouldn't have been a bad loss. Glad we got the win. As I've said before, I wish we had more good non-conference games like it on the schedule this season.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #165
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am sure you have watched more of their games then I have so you will know better than me. Tyler Hansbrough just seems a little bit off so far this year. I mean the numbers are there but it just seems like he just disappears for too many minutes during the game.

I actually haven't gotten to watch them much yet, I don't get ESPNU and have been vacationing for much of the last two weeks. But the impression I've gotten is the same as yours. Also, UNC is too quick to fall into a "Ellington or Green go 1 on 1" 5 seconds into the shot clock, especially if Lawson isn't on the court.

I think they'll be fine by the time ACC play gets going, but they don't feel like a #1 team right now at all.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 AM   #166
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kansas was bailed out by the refs near the end of the game, but it still was a good win for them.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #167
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I don't think anyone in Lawrence was on suicide watch, contrary to MBBF's absurd claims.

It was a joke given the loss to MU and the possibility of the BB team going down. Lighten up, Francis.

Arizona isn't as good as your making them out to be. Having losses only to ranked teams just means that it's an average team. KU should have beaten them handily at home. The officials certainly didn't help Arizona's cause either.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-26-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #168
MrBug708
Head Coach

Bill Self is a coach in the John Calpri mold
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #169
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
It was a joke given the loss to MU and the possibility of the BB team going down. Lighten up, Francis.

Arizona isn't as good as your making them out to be. Having losses only to ranked teams just means that it's an average team. KU should have beaten them handily at home. The officials certainly didn't help Arizona's cause either.

What the hell?

A loss by 3 to the #23 team in the country and a loss by 4 on the road to the #4 team in the country in december means you're an average team?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #170
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
What the hell?

A loss by 3 to the #23 team in the country and a loss by 4 on the road to the #4 team in the country in december means you're an average team?

I've always been of the opinion that you're an average team unless you prove otherwise by beating a quality opponent. Mizzou is 5-1 with a 3 point loss to #10 Michigan State, but I'm not going to trumpet any moral victories from that game. UA lost those games. Good teams pull them out. I watched the KU-UA game last night. KU looked horrible last night. UA should have taken advantage of that. Instead, they made several crucial turnovers down the stretch that killed their chances. That's what an average big conference team does.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

UA will get further in the NCAA this year than Mizzu.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #172
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
UA will get further in the NCAA this year than Mizzu.

You'd be hard pressed to make that point stick right now. Both of them are roughly the same seed in the latest Bracketology. My guess is that they both are first round winners and then out given their current position. I don't see Arizona upsetting a 1 or 2 seed any more than I see Mizzou pulling off a similar feat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
Old 11-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #173
miami_fan
Coordinator

Big Ten/ACC Challenge

In case anyone missed it, Wake Forest beat Iowa last night 56-47. Tonight, the action really gets going.

Northwestern/Virgina
Georgia Tech/Indiana
Minnesota/Florida State
Wisconsin/Duke
Purdue/Clemson

I am really looking forward to seeing IU's Eric Gordon play for the first time.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #174
Radii
Head Coach

One of the very, very few times I feel I can actively root for Duke. GO ACC!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #175
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
In case anyone missed it, Wake Forest beat Iowa last night 56-47. Tonight, the action really gets going.

Northwestern/Virgina
Georgia Tech/Indiana
Minnesota/Florida State
Wisconsin/Duke
Purdue/Clemson

I am really looking forward to seeing IU's Eric Gordon play for the first time.

Go Gophers. I'll be watching hoping Tubby can have a good opener in the challenge.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #176
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
One of the very, very few times I feel I can actively root for Duke. GO ACC!

It will be one of the few times I cheer for Duke also. Go Blue Devils!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #177
miami_fan
Coordinator

BTW Big 12 and Pac 10 WTF?

The Big 12 and Pac 10 challenge is going on later this week. Not only have I heard very little about it, but I have to hope my local FSN affiliate shows most of the higher profile games? I know they have a deal with FSN but damn. Couldn't you have given ESPN one of the following games?

Oklahoma/USC
Mizzou/Cal
Kansas/USC
Texas A&M/Arizona
Texas/UCLA

All on FSN.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #178
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Bill Self is a coach in the John Calpri mold
How so?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #179
miami_fan
Coordinator

There is something funny about Sampson suspending a player for violating the rules.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Indiana 83-79 over GT (final)
Virginia 94-52 over Northwestern (final)
FSU 71-56 over Minnesota (3 mins left)
Duke 19-12 over Wisconsin (13 mins left 1st half)
Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #181
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

It's the Dookies baby
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #182
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
BTW Big 12 and Pac 10 WTF?

The Big 12 and Pac 10 challenge is going on later this week. Not only have I heard very little about it, but I have to hope my local FSN affiliate shows most of the higher profile games? I know they have a deal with FSN but damn. Couldn't you have given ESPN one of the following games?

Oklahoma/USC
Mizzou/Cal
Kansas/USC
Texas A&M/Arizona
Texas/UCLA

All on FSN.

Glad you didn't mention #17 Oregon vs #25 Kansas State (which will be on ESPN2)

Last edited by Scarecrow : 11-27-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #183
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Memphis beats Austin Peay tonight. Next up is USC. It is a week from today in the Garden. Rose vs. Mayo.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #184
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Glad you didn't mention #17 Oregon vs #25 Kansas State (which will be on ESPN2)

That is the one that prevented me from saying ALL the high profile games.

I am not sure how it is being marketed in the Midwest and on the Left Coast, but I have not seen anything about on the local FSN stations. The only reason I knew about the series at all is by catching the Kansas/Arizona game on Sunday. It has more to do with the Pac 10 than the Big 12 for me. In the past, I have not gotten to see a great deal of Pac-10 basketball due to contract with FSN. Here is an opportunity to show off the league's better teams to a larger national audience and I don't think they are taking full advantage of it.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #185
Radii
Head Coach

the ACC goes up 4 to 1 with the Duke win. Purdue has a small lead on Clemson midway through the 2nd half in the last game of the night. ACC is hopefully on its way to winning this challenge for the 9th year in a row.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #186
Radii
Head Coach

5-1 ACC as Clemson holds off Purdue.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #187
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
How so?

Hell of a recruiter
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #188
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You'd be hard pressed to make that point stick right now. Both of them are roughly the same seed in the latest Bracketology. My guess is that they both are first round winners and then out given their current position. I don't see Arizona upsetting a 1 or 2 seed any more than I see Mizzou pulling off a similar feat.

I don't have to make the point. I just have to wait for time to pass.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is the one that prevented me from saying ALL the high profile games.

I am not sure how it is being marketed in the Midwest and on the Left Coast, but I have not seen anything about on the local FSN stations. The only reason I knew about the series at all is by catching the Kansas/Arizona game on Sunday. It has more to do with the Pac 10 than the Big 12 for me. In the past, I have not gotten to see a great deal of Pac-10 basketball due to contract with FSN. Here is an opportunity to show off the league's better teams to a larger national audience and I don't think they are taking full advantage of it.

Yeah, well, welcome to the Pac 10, which is managed by morons (witness our football officials for further proof). If it wasn't for the schools themselves stepping up and making things happen, this league would have been run into the ground a long time ago.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #190
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dont like Hansen eh?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dont like Hansen eh?

Do you like Hansen? The lack of repute this league gets is as much the conference's fault as it is the East Coast's bias. Playing on regional networks for your key basketball games? Most of your football games also played only on regional broadcasts? Only one bowl tie in to January 1 or later? Didn't get a postseason bball tourney until three years ago or whatever? That's all on top of awful officials on the field. And no effort yet to add two more teams and get the Pac 10 a championship game.

It's a phenomenally poorly run conference.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-28-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 AM   #192
MrBug708
Head Coach

Maybe so but hasn't hurt UCLA yet
Old 11-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #193
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Good game tonight for those with ADD. Mizzou/Arkansas in Fayetteville tonight. Pelphrey has installed an up-tempo game at Arkansas. With Mizzou running a press defense and up-tempo offense as well, they might as well just shut off the shot clocks and the game clock tonight. They should just play first one to 90 wins the game.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #194
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Scary stuff from overseas concerning a former OU player........

http://newsok.com/article/3174403/1196250635

Quote:
Former Sooner Price attacked
From staff reports

Former Oklahoma basketball star Hollis Price, now playing with a pro team in Lithuania, was attacked by skinheads following a game Friday night, according to reports on the web.

Price wasn't hurt seriously and played the next day.

According to ballineurope.com, Price, who played point guard for Lietuvos Rytas was attacked by three men after a game in Vilnius. Witnesses, including some journalists and students, stopped the fight.

According to the web site, the Lietuvos Rytas team "is known for having an ‘Ultras' fan club that is carrying flags with racist symbols.”

He previously played for ALBA Berlin in Germany, Le Mans in France and CB Sevilla in Spain.

Price played at OU from 1999 to 2003, leading the Sooners to the 2002 Final Four.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #195
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

Whoa, are they doing that Bracketology shit already? In November? If Bracketology means anything in November, then I want to see the media talking about the New Orleans Privateers, considering that UNO is #2 in the entire country in RPI.

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3
Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #196
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Whoa, are they doing that Bracketology shit already? In November? If Bracketology means anything in November, then I want to see the media talking about the New Orleans Privateers, considering that UNO is #2 in the entire country in RPI.

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3

Yeah, the small teams do extremely well this time of the year in the RPI.

Here's another site similar to the one you cited that updates every 5 minutes........

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
Old 11-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #197
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

Here's another site similar to the one you cited that updates every 5 minutes........

Hmm. I don't know how the Bracketology works (although I'm sure it has a lot of substance to it later in the year), but how could UNO not be mentioned in the bracket at all? It's not like they just jumped up into the top chunk of the RPI in the past day or two. They were #3 last week. It drives me up a wall that he has Western Kentucky as the Sun Belt's representative, but WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette have a way of breaking a UNO fan's heart every year. I guess I'm just mad about that.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #198
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Scary stuff from overseas concerning a former OU player........

http://newsok.com/article/3174403/1196250635
Wow, crazy stuff... especially weird for me since one of W&M's best players is from Vilnius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #199
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Weird on bracketology.. for all of the 1 bid conferences it has a team and then /CONFERENCE...

Except George Mason... I'm guessing they're saying Mason get's an At-Large bid if they lose the conference tourney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #200
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Weird on bracketology.. for all of the 1 bid conferences it has a team and then /CONFERENCE...

Except George Mason... I'm guessing they're saying Mason get's an At-Large bid if they lose the conference tourney?
It's not just George Mason. They also did it for Western Kentucky and the Sun Belt. I can't figure out why they did it either.