Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #151
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Critch: I found the Vicky patch to be a huge change at least in terms of economics. The way factories are now built by capitalists really changes the game.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #152
Critch
lolzcat

Sorry, I didn't realize the changes were so game changing.

I played as a little out of the way country to get to the conversion process quicker, I wanted to test the conversion before trying to play a game through from 1836 to 1964 across the games. I guess the factory changes didn't affect an impoverished Uruguay much.

I'll have to hit vickiwiki to read up before starting again if the game has changed a good deal.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #153
Eilim
High School Varsity

I have to say, between this thread and both Anxiety and Izulde's dynasties, I've been sucked fully back into my old CK obsession. Just to give an idea, here's my paradox folder:

DV hasn't just gotten me interested in playing mods, but even trying my hand at making my own.

Last edited by Eilim : 01-28-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #154
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus.

All this talk about CK made me, of course, fire it back up for another Danish Invasion. Started as a lowly count, overthrew the King of Denmark, are slowly whittling away provinces in Norway and Sweden, and will be looking to return England and Ireland to Danish rule soon. Bringin' back the Danelaw.

May pause to do a Spanish game, though. That does sound sorta amusing.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #155
Groundhog
Coordinator

So the Mongols finally arrived. Damn. I'd installed a Mod that recreates Mongol destruction in the provinces, and by the looks of things those crazy Mongolian herdsmen are having a hell of a time in Western Europe right now.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #156
atatange1
High School JV

I got DV and am now encountering a problem and I thought I would ask you guys before I post on Paradox's forum. The problem is that when I upgrade to the new beta patch it messes up the graphics in game. The menus and background pictures seem fine but the shields and the map are hard to read. When you click on province and try to look at the army I can not read how many of men and of what type make up the army. However, playing DV 2.0 this is not an issue. Have any of yo seen this or now how to fix it?
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatange1 View Post
I got DV and am now encountering a problem and I thought I would ask you guys before I post on Paradox's forum. The problem is that when I upgrade to the new beta patch it messes up the graphics in game. The menus and background pictures seem fine but the shields and the map are hard to read. When you click on province and try to look at the army I can not read how many of men and of what type make up the army. However, playing DV 2.0 this is not an issue. Have any of yo seen this or now how to fix it?

Noclue - never seen it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #158
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Makes two of us. I've never had any graphical issues with CK. Did with EU once, but that was from a mod.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #159
Eilim
High School Varsity

While not aimed at me as I'm pretty much an "RP heavy" CK player, I ran across this thread for a utility that looks like it could make it easier for me to get a handle on how the game world is shaping up and where to look for good stories to tell.

Anyways, thought some of you might like to check it out: Dynastic Glory 0.1
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #160
aran
High School Varsity

I bought CK and HoI in a bundle a few years back and just picked up DV. Never really got into CK, though I love HoI and think CK has great potential. I'm trying to get the damn thing (CK + DV) to run in window mode, but I'm getting a "Cannot initialize video" error that no-one has reported on the paradox forums.

I'm also on a widescreen monitor, so everything looks terrible. Even when I change the resolution in the settings file.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #161
Eilim
High School Varsity

I have the same issue, I just gave up on trying to run the game in windowed mode. If you do ever figure it out, please post how, as it would make taking notes while playing a whole lot easier.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #162
atatange1
High School JV

I think I figured out my problem. it was the binkplayer video that played before the game loaded that seems to have been the problem, for 2.0 or 2.1. I changed the name to xbinkplayer so it wouldn't load and I seem to be able to load 2.1 without any problems, for now, I've only loaded it with 2.1 a couple of times.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I've recently gotten on a new kick where I've been watching the Showtime series "The Tudors" .. of course that instantly got me to fire back up CK again, and I ended up buying the DV expansion.. ugh I don't have time for this!

At least it runs on my work laptop so I can take it with me as I travel around, unlike EU3!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #164
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think I finally came to a point where I played myself out of this game.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #165
Izulde
Head Coach

I've been trying to figure out where I put my disc, because I've got the craving to just play again.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #166
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Since we are talking all paradox games, has anyone tried the either of the EUIII expansions? The In Nomine one looks interesting.

As for CK, I still have it on the HD but haven't fired it up recently. I might have to, my CivIV fix is dying out again.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #167
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I've been trying to figure out where I put my disc, because I've got the craving to just play again.

You do not really need the disc.

You have not gotten the expansion, right?

I assume this means you are playing 1.05? Just get the .rar version of the patch, extract to your DK folder, and there is no disc check. Now, go FINISH THE DAMN DYNASTY.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #168
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Since we are talking all paradox games, has anyone tried the either of the EUIII expansions? The In Nomine one looks interesting.

As for CK, I still have it on the HD but haven't fired it up recently. I might have to, my CivIV fix is dying out again.
I played a lot of Napoleon's Ambition with the Magnus Mondi mod and it really felt like a much better game than regular EU. More challenging, but also more rewarding.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #169
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've been playing CK again, and just loving it. My first game I started as a count in Ireland and became King of Ireland, before running out of heirs and having the game end. I'm now in my second game where I started as King of Scotland, with the goal of uniting Great Britain. I have gotten Wales and Ireland without too much hassle. I am a somewhat roadblock, as England has decimating most of France in France (though the King of France is quite powerful in Spain) so I've just not got the man power to go up against him in any sort of way. Also hurting matters was that my ruler went mad which caused all sorts of problems as I had to go to war several times just to hang onto my kingdom, while having little money to support these wars. Over the course of these wars I went from having 2000 gold to being -5000 gold. His son finally took over and so far I've just been focusing on restoring all of the things that were lost under the last king. It has been an absolute blast and the minor changes that DV has offered have made gameplay so much smoother.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #170
Blade6119
Coordinator

Was the vassals issue fixed, where they would just inexplicably no longer be apart of your nation?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Was the vassals issue fixed, where they would just inexplicably no longer be apart of your nation?
I haven't noticed it with 2.1 and I've had many a vassal.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #172
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Just wanted to share something that I used for my recent CK: Deus Vult game. This free Family Tree Builder allowed me to track some of the complex familial relationships, as well as notes on where people served as fosterlings, where they were born, how they died, etc. It really added to the experience. Check it out.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #173
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This isn't directly related to the CK expansion, but this was the most recent Crusader Kings thread.

If anyone has been interested in Crusader Kings to see if they might like it, go gamer has it for under $5 now for the original CK (no expansion pack). So you can buy it for the price of a combo meal.

All PC Games - Crusader Kings

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote