Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #151
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I feel like I've been punched in the stomach, and have a very bad feeling that there's a roundhouse kick coming next.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #152
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I feel like I've been punched in the stomach, and have a very bad feeling that there's a roundhouse kick coming next.

Ditto. Carbon monoxide seems too unlikely. They wouldn't be investigating it as a murder as I would assume everyone would've died in a manner that doesn't reveal much in terms of foul play. I am not trying to be so pessimistic but it just has bad news all over it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid I have the same very bad feeling about this.
Strange, maybe, since the outcome is the same regardless of the circumstances but in either configuration the prospect of foul play just makes this seem even more horrible.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #154
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I remember this match, and that insane head butt attempt.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #155
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sad.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #156
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Its called tact

That was generally my point.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #157
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ditto. Carbon monoxide seems too unlikely. They wouldn't be investigating it as a murder as I would assume everyone would've died in a manner that doesn't reveal much in terms of foul play. I am not trying to be so pessimistic but it just has bad news all over it.

Carbon Monoxide, unlike murder, is something you can never be sure of at the scene, until an autopsy. One can suspect, but you can't announce that as a cause of death right away.

The most specific "official" comment we have is there was no gunshot wounds. If they were all knifed to death, I think the police could be a little clearer about what they found.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #158
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

poor Edge. He looks like he's about to lose his shit. Poor guy.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #159
molson
General Manager

Slightly updated info from abcnews.com:

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check."

When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and his son dead.

There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Although Pope noted he was not "confirming" any of these causes, just not ruling them out at this time.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be as long as weeks before there is a result.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #160
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Several appointments over the weekend? I dunno, this is bad I think. Everything you hear is how professional Benoit was. He in his career was never someone to pull this stuff.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #161
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
That was generally my point.

I know, I was just agreeing with you.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #162
BYU 14
Coordinator

It is hard watching this, I can't imagine how hard it is for some of these guys to go on camera the same day they find this out.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #163
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dear God.

Local 10p news (WAGA-TV) is reporting that investigators have told them that, based on evidence found inside the home that they are not ready to disclose, they believe Benoit may have killed his wife & son a couple of days earlier before taking his own life sometime in the past 24 hours.

According to WAGA, the bodies were discovered by a neighbor today after WWE "promoters" were unable to reach the Benoits by phone. The bodies were found in separate rooms, Nancy in an office area, Daniel in an upstairs bedroom, and Chris in a weight room.

The latter part of that (the locations) were given on-camera by an investigator, the rest was from the reporter who did the stand up piece from the local sheriff's department.

edit to add: I have no idea whether any of that will eventually prove to be accurate, but that's what was reported while I stood there dumbfounded watching it, with the reporter referring to something along the lines of "investigators tell me" or "indicated to me", something to that affect. However the exact phrasing, they were not at all hesitant or ambiguous about what they were saying.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-25-2007 at 09:37 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #164
Flasch186
Coordinator

oh no

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #165
dervack
College Prospect

Ugh
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #166
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Obviously I am still the only person here that lives under a rock.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #167
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
It is hard watching this, I can't imagine how hard it is for some of these guys to go on camera the same day they find this out.

And this isn't even night before or morning of like Eddie and Owen. We're talking hours/minutes.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #168
Jas_lov
College Starter

Jesus. I really hope that's not true especially with the seven year old kid being murdered.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #169
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

From http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/sto...3315501&page=1

Quote:
There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #170
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if he did that...i just...i don't know what to say...what to think.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #171
molson
General Manager

Holy shit John. There's SO MUCH fake shit out there on the wrestling message boards right now (mostly involving Kevin Sullivan), I can only really trust the FOFC posters to know what's actually being reported. So keep us up to date with what you hear down there.

Last edited by molson : 06-25-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #172
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
if he did that...i just...i don't know what to say...what to think.

Welp, I'll go out on a limb and say fuck Chris Benoit if it is true.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #173
Flasch186
Coordinator

if this is true...im speechless. I dont know what to think either. Im saddened for his passing but, again, if this is true, do I think he's a coward, evil, etc? Oh god Ive gone through a lot of different feelings tonight due to this. I hope that that is not the case and I can keep watching this tribute feeling the way I felt 30 minutes ago and not 5 minutes ago.

I'd have to say Im with Detox above....but I hate that I feel that way now.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-25-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I want to throw up.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #175
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I'm just going to sit and try to ignore all the stories out there and hope for the best.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #176
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
if this is true...im speechless. I dont know what to think either. Im saddened for his passing but, again, if this is true, do I think he's a coward, evil, etc? Oh god Ive gone through a lot of different feelings tonight due to this. I hope that that is not the case and I can keep watching this tribute feeling the way I felt 30 minutes ago and not 5 minutes ago.

I'd have to say Im with Detox above....but I hate that I feel that way now.

really changes the way we have all been feeling since 8 o'clock, watching these guys all pay tribute to him as a great father and family man if this ends up true...really shatters the picture of him we have been given....god i hope there is something else to find.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

messed up if true
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #178
Flasch186
Coordinator

wow, if they show him bringing his family in the ring...in stark contrast to the momentum this story has taken....that will be sickening to my stomach.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #179
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

My heart goes out to the Benoit family and all his co-workers... especially Chavo, losing Eddie and now this... god this is awful.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #180
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Getting worse...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmo...5/4290308.html

Quote:
Wrestling insider Dave Meltzer, who runs the website wrestlingobserver.com and knew Benoit for 20 years, said he’s heard “a million rumours” about what happened in the Benoit house.

Benoit was supposed to appear at a wrestling show in Beaumont, TX, on Saturday, but didn’t appear, Meltzer said.

When he failed to appear at a pay-per-view event Sunday in Houston, Meltzer said, organizers covered by saying Benoit had to cancel because of “personal issues.”

Meanwhile, Metlzer said, WWE brass were frantically phoning Benoit at home to find out what was going on.

Finally, he said, they called the local police and asked them to check out his home.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #181
molson
General Manager

What John saw is now on Foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

"WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms."
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #182
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

This is making me ill...
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #183
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Even WWE.com has it now.

NOW I want to throw it up.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #184
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hopefully on their shows TNA and ROH refuse to acknowledge Chris Benoit if this turns out to be true. I am losing hope he didn't do it and right now (and I'll eat crow if he didn't do it) I think Benoit is nothing more then a pussy and a jackass who should've spared his wife and kid and went right to suicide.

It's a god damn shame a guy like Owen Hart has to lose his life and a guy like Chris Benoit can't be satisfied just taking his own.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #185
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Even WWE.com has it now.
Um... wow.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #186
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Very sad if this is true.

You know something was suspicious when he had "personal issues" and could not wrestle on last night ppv and then finding the death of his family at the house.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #187
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In contrast to the local Fox affiliate 10p report, the local ABC affiliate (WSB-TV, the dominant news station in Atlanta for at least 20 years now) had a shorter piece with very little more than the early information & a comment that the bodies were at the state crime lab for autopsies.

On the one hand that could be considered an indication that WAGA was speculating too much ... but based on being in this market for a long time I fear that it's more an indication that they simply have better sources inside this particular department than Ch. 2 has.

Like others have said, I'm really fuckin' conflicted at this point, desperately hoping that what this appears to be right now isn't how it turns out but feeling like I'm probably doing a lot of denial to feel that way.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #188
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Hopefully on their shows TNA and ROH refuse to acknowledge Chris Benoit if this turns out to be true. I am losing hope he didn't do it and right now (and I'll eat crow if he didn't do it) I think Benoit is nothing more then a pussy and a jackass who should've spared his wife and kid and went right to suicide.

It's a god damn shame a guy like Owen Hart has to lose his life and a guy like Chris Benoit can't be satisfied just taking his own.

I hope that TNA and RoH have a 10 bell salute.. for Nancy and Daniel. While I will always admire Benoit's wrestling skills, I agree with you 9 million percent personally DTR.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #189
molson
General Manager

WWE.com clinches it. Kudos to them for being upfront about this, and scooping the news once again.

Benoit always got a pass in his sketchy family situations in the past.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #190
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If wwe.com has it, then I am guessing they've talked to the authorities.

It's too far past the point of being speculation at this point.

I always viewed Chris Benoit as a guy who deserved all he worked for, well boy was I wrong. Yes I am sure something played into this, mental illness, drug abuse, whatever the case may be. Still, I refuse to let it cloud my judgement of him as of this very second.

I hope he aganoized over what he did every second after he killed his wife and child, and I hope whatever the cause of his death was, it was slow and painful. He is a worthless piece of shit and if I was WWE or TNA or ROH or any other promotion going, I wouldn't acknowledge his death ever again.

Rant end.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #191
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
What John saw is now on Foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

"WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms."

This has also been added...

Quote:
Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but he would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house

It looks like your gut was right Danny and this is just sickening......What in the hell could make someone so respected and caring (according to those that knew him) about his Family do this?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow. What a fucktard.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #193
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I hope they report the whole truth On ECW show tomorrow and Smackdown Friday on what Benoit did.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #194
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Roundhouse kick delivered.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #195
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

FWIW... the WWE.com story only says it was a double-murder suicide... not that Chris did it. Probably a bit of denial on my part, but worth mentioning.
LETS GO JAYS!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #196
molson
General Manager

Brutal situation for the WWE. Do they write him out of their history? (that's a pretty big omission).
Old 06-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Call me naive maybe, which I'm usually not, I'm more the absolute cynic type, but I'm having a tough time reconciling this through anything other than a complete mental breakdown.

I won't lie, I can come up with a scenario where he somehow ends up killing his wife. That may sound shitty but it's the truth, I can conjure up some sort of scenario where I can picture it. But from every account, all the stuff tonight, anything I can ever recall reading or hearing at any time, I just cannot get my head around how this could happen, how he could kill his kid.
It just does not fucking FIT, not in anything I can imagine unless he just snapped, left this world mentally & emotionally absolutely completely. I don't mean fit of anger snapped, or some temporary something, I'm talking about completely gone & never coming back insane. Other than that scenario, I just can't come up with any way this happens.

I'm just ... bewildered, and that is most definitely not my usual reaction to this sort of stuff.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #198
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wild story.

It will be interesting what the media fallout will be over the next few days, considering what a slow period it is elsewhere.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #199
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It will be interesting what the media fallout will be over the next few days, considering what a slow period it is elsewhere.
Yeah. I keep looking at my inbox and thinking "please don't let a CNN breaking news alert show up..."
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #200
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from the latest version in the Atlanta newspaper http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...625benoit.html
"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."