Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #151
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Bertuzzi's been cleared to play Sunday.

I think that means that Hudler is likely to sit.

The lines will most likely be:
Zetterberg / Datsyuk / Holmstrom
Bertuzzi / Lang / Calder
Maltby / Draper / Cleary
Franzen / Filppula / Samuelsson

While in the past two years Lang has been one of the better playoff performers, he was horrible last night and that line was nearly invisible. Babcock wont sit him, but the idea of Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line just sort of makes me nervous...

Turns out Bertuzzi wont be in the line-up for Game 2. So the lines will be the same as Game 1.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #152
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
I think the Wild are getting underestimated a bit. If Gaborik hadn't missed a couple months early in the season, they would have won their division. They have two lines that can score. And Backstrom is the real deal. I think the Wild will at least push the series to 7 games.

Yeah, Anaheim is pretty damn good. Don't think I realized how good till I saw them play the last two games.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #153
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Weird stat... despite making the playoffs ten straight years and playing something like 15 series, the Senators have never held a 2-0 lead in a playoff series.

I agree it's surprising, but then, do the math. They have only been in 15 series in 10 years? So they only make the conference semis half the time (and that's if you assume they never went further, and I, of course, know that they did).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #154
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Yeah, Anaheim is pretty damn good. Don't think I realized how good till I saw them play the last two games.

The respect is mutual. I knew the Wild were good. They have done nothing to dispel that notion with me. But I have always had a lot of confidence in this Ducks team. If we could do halfway decent on shootouts, we would have blown by both Detroit and Buffalo for the President's Cup. Or if we hadn't lost Pronger for more than a month in the middle of the season (when we had our only seriously protracted troubles).
Old 04-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #155
henry296
College Starter

Huge first goal for the Penguins. It always helps to have a little luck as the point shot was deflected past Emery.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #156
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I agree it's surprising, but then, do the math. They have only been in 15 series in 10 years? So they only make the conference semis half the time (and that's if you assume they never went further, and I, of course, know that they did).
True. But they've had at least two series that they won in five games (NYI and TB) and I think one of the Philly series as well. You'd think they'd have at least been up 2-0 in one of those.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #157
Karim
College Starter

Is Giguere hurt? Bryzgalov has played well but I thought J.S. was the undisputed #1.

As an impartial observer, the San Jose-Nashville series is the best so far. When two teams really hate one another it makes for a better series.

After Versus cut off the feed at 3:00 am EST before the conclusion of Vancouver/Dallas, I've been hearing from American media of the need for a way to decide the game without going to endless overtime. *Please* tell me this isn't gaining currency within the NHL.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #158
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Is Giguere hurt? Bryzgalov has played well but I thought J.S. was the undisputed #1.

Jiggy is fine. He and his wife had a son born last week who has a serious eye condition that could cost him his sight (almost for certain in one eye, maybe in the other). It has been a trying time for him. He missed the last three games of the regular season to be with his wife for the birth, and then for the followup when the medical condition became clear.

Bryz played well to the end the season and as Game 1 came up, Jiggy had just found out his son will liekly have sight in one eye. Carlyle decided the emotional rollercoaster was a little much for him, so he started Bryz. Since Bryz has played well and we continue to win, my guess is Carlyle is sticking with the winning goalie.

At some point, I am certain we will see Jiggy in net.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #159
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Tie game!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #160
General Mike
Pro Starter

Hedberg;s playing his ass off.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #161
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow- what a sequence. Great chance messed up by a broken stick and it goes back the other way for a beautiful goal

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-14-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #162
Logan
Head Coach

I swear Glen Sather's acquisition of Avery makes up for all the shitty ones.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #163
Logan
Head Coach

That was a penalty on Shanahan, but that was also a dive by Kozlov.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #164
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Really exciting game on NBC here today (Pens/Sens). Definitely fun to watch

SI

Old 04-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #165
Logan
Head Coach

Keep taking your runs Atlanta, while we take our 2-0 lead home.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #166
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

I agree. Avery gives the Rangers something they needed.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #167
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I agree. Avery gives the Rangers something they needed.

Definitely. I've liked Avery ever since I saw him as a free agent at a Red Wings' prospect camp back in 2000. He just had that "makes things happen" quality about him when he's on the ice, even when those "things" may not always be the best for the team.

Hell of a game for him today. A goal and an assist, wins the key face-off when it's 4 on 6, races down the ice to disrupt to the Thrashers, and then caps it off by drawing a penalty on Kovalchuk.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #168
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Hell of a game for him today. A goal and an assist, wins the key face-off when it's 4 on 6, races down the ice to disrupt to the Thrashers, and then caps it off by drawing a penalty on Kovalchuk.

There should be a name for this, a la the Gordie Howe hat trick.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Wow, I wanted to quote this, so I could preserve such a rare sentence for posterity.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #170
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

LET'S GO YOU MOFO'ING ISLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #171
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

FUCK!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #172
bhlloy
Coordinator

Here is one thing I still don't understand from the Sens-Penguins game earlier. Why the fuck did the Senators send the smallest guy on their team after Colby Armstrong to send a message? The fight happened 4 seconds in the period, so it must have been pre-meditated. And you have Chris Neil on the bench, hell you even have Mike Fisher who has 3 inches and 30 odd pounds on Comrie and has fought more often. Doesn't make any sense to me. Comrie threw a punch and fell over... those Penguins will make sure they don't run the goalie again in this series
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #173
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Here is one thing I still don't understand from the Sens-Penguins game earlier. Why the fuck did the Senators send the smallest guy on their team after Colby Armstrong to send a message? The fight happened 4 seconds in the period, so it must have been pre-meditated. And you have Chris Neil on the bench, hell you even have Mike Fisher who has 3 inches and 30 odd pounds on Comrie and has fought more often. Doesn't make any sense to me. Comrie threw a punch and fell over... those Penguins will make sure they don't run the goalie again in this series

That was quite pathetic.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #174
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So, who bought Sanjay Kumar's interest in the Isles, since that is part of his agreed sell off as part of his $800 Million settlement?

(I have a vested interest in this, not because of CA, but the guy my former employer hired away from Computer Associates)
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 04-14-2007 at 11:44 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #175
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What a yuck at Phillips Arena.

Short of an expansion team maybe, I can't imagine there's ever been a more worthless collection of defensemen in one lineup that what we're putting on the ice. Andy Sutton isn't worth the price of the bullet that it would take to kill him and DeVries is simply too damned slow to play at this level any more, he's a freaking statue. Meanwhile Marian Hossa apparently thinks he's still in Ottawa, he's been completely invisible for two games. Nobody can win a loose puck except Mellanby. The powerplay is beyond abysmal, we'd be better off declining the penalties or if that isn't allowed then somebody quickly take an obvious whistle so we can play 4-on-4. Most disturbing to me though, and the reason I absolutely expect them to lose two straight in NY is that the team simply quit for all but about 45 seconds after falling behind 2-1. When they should have been their most desperate, instead there were people behind the play just watching the puck get turned over. Kovy's judgement was questionable (I'm being generous) at the end but at least he seemed to care enough to be pissed off at the situation, more than I can say about most of the rest of them.

Barring a miraculous change of fortunes (or a contract already signed prior to the past two games) Hartley is finished in Atlanta. I've pretty much always given him the benefit of the doubt & have defended him against the consistent criticism but the complete lack of any offensive adjustment, the apparent lack of any plan other than "win the hitting battle", and the embarrassing ineptitude of the powerplay ... well, I just can't defend him in good conscience any more.

Gladiators salvaged some of the day for us, winning their ECHL playoff opener 5-2, thanks to 3 goals in the first ten minutes (all of which we missed thanks to the joke of a transit system in Atlanta). And we got a funny fight sequence that I really can't do justice here in writing.

Best I can do is that a frustrated Texas player decided to try to take on two Gladiators at the same time. They actually stopped before punching him, looked at each other as if to say "I don't want to be 3rd man in", realized that he had a handful of each of their jerseys & had punched them both, so they shrugged & proceeded to alternate pounding him (think synchronized punching, like they had practiced it), bouncing him repeatedly face first into the top of the boards in front of the Gwinnett bench. Like I said, I really can't explain it well enough in writing but it was funny as hell to watch.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-15-2007 at 12:34 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #176
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
What a yuck at Phillips Arena.

Short of an expansion team maybe, I can't imagine there's ever been a more worthless collection of defensemen in one lineup that what we're putting on the ice. Andy Sutton isn't worth the price of the bullet that it would take to kill him and DeVries is simply too damned slow to play at this level any more, he's a freaking statue. Meanwhile Marian Hossa apparently thinks he's still in Ottawa, he's been completely invisible for two games. Nobody can win a loose puck except Mellanby. The powerplay is beyond abysmal, we'd be better off declining the penalties or if that isn't allowed then somebody quickly take an obvious whistle so we can play 4-on-4. Most disturbing to me though, and the reason I absolutely expect them to lose two straight in NY is that the team simply quit for all but about 45 seconds after falling behind 2-1. When they should have been their most desperate, instead there were people behind the play just watching the puck get turned over.

I thought that was amazing. I actually caught myself looking at the banner with the score and clock and thinking, "Wait, we are up a goal with only a few minutes left right? I didn't imagine Shanny's goal, did I?"
Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #177
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wings dominate the first vs Calgary and are up 2-0. The Flames are like chickens with their heads cut off. Playfair could honestly get fired DURING this series with how awful they look.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #178
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

if the Flames didn't want to play in the postseason, they could have just let the Avs get in. it's embarrassing when 90% of their effort is in mugging Red Wings after the whistle.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #179
bhlloy
Coordinator

Holy shit - Patrick Eaves just got knocked out cold by Colby Armstrong. Best hit I have seen in a long time. Wouldn't be surprised to see Neil going after Crosby or Malkin before the end of the game.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #180
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
if the Flames didn't want to play in the postseason, they could have just let the Avs get in. it's embarrassing when 90% of their effort is in mugging Red Wings after the whistle.

The Flames finally seemed to calm down after the first 10 minutes, which was complete madness. They played pretty well in the second period, but were still out shot in the game something like 51-16 or something.

Game 3 will be very interesting. The Flames have pulled this Jekyl and Hyde routine all year. They are a very different team at home. Hopefully it will be too little, too late and the Wings can steal one in Calgary and finish them off in 5. There's still a long way to go before we start thinking about that.

Kipursoff has been outstanding. None of the Wings' 3 goals were his fault at all
Old 04-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #181
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Holy shit - Patrick Eaves just got knocked out cold by Colby Armstrong. Best hit I have seen in a long time. Wouldn't be surprised to see Neil going after Crosby or Malkin before the end of the game.
Notice how the defenseman gives him a little shove forward right before impact... that's what got him.

I hope Ottawa fans make a big deal out of this, just so we can hear Buffalo fans go insane.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #182
RendeR
Coordinator

Ottowa finally getting some of their dues eh? Good.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #183
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Notice how the defenseman gives him a little shove forward right before impact... that's what got him.

I hope Ottawa fans make a big deal out of this, just so we can hear Buffalo fans go insane.

You rang?

NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #184
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Ottawa has been one of the dirtier teams in hockey for six years. But they were feuding with the Leafs, who were probably the dirtiest, and the hockey media treats feuds the same way the WWF did in the mid-80s. So the Sens got their halos, and they've been wearing them ever since (removing them occasionally to sucker punch, head hunt, or groin kick, but oh well).
Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #185
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Someone needs to tell the Penguins that the first 40 minutes of the game are meaningful. They come to play in the third period, but they allow themselves to get bullied in the first and second periods. It's terrible.

On the bright side, at least they're not looking nearly as bad as the Flames are. My goodness, the Wings could've put up 10 goals on an average goalie. I watched most of the game and was still surprised to see that the final score was 3-1. Kiprusoff was amazing.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #186
bhlloy
Coordinator

Must be tough to be a Wild fan - 2 games in a row the Wild probably should have come away with a win, but their powerplay is unbelievably inept espcially given some of the offensive firepower they have. Having said that, great defense wins in the playoffs and between Bryzgalov, Pronger, Niedermayer & Beauchemin the Wild really haven't had that many clear cut scoring opportunities.

Giguere must be sick... two years running something bad has happened just before the playoffs and Bryzgalov plays him out of a job.

The Red Wings scare me a lot, they look the most playoff ready of all the teams out there right now. Hopefully Nashville and San Jose's war of attrition means whoever comes through that series is completely banged up.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #187
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Someone needs to tell the Penguins that the first 40 minutes of the game are meaningful. They come to play in the third period, but they allow themselves to get bullied in the first and second periods. It's terrible.

Don't know if you caught this on FSN....during the mad rush at the end, Bob Errey commented 'This team is pretty good when their desparate, eh?'

Not related to any one series in particular (although I've watched PIT-OTT the most intently)- I can see why the NHL can not draw new fans.
Maybe because I didn't have a vested interest with the Pens out of the playoffs, but could the officiating be any more inconsistent?

Not just talking calling things the same for both teams, but calling things the same for the SAME team, across 3 periods.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #188
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Maybe because I didn't have a vested interest with the Pens out of the playoffs, but could the officiating be any more inconsistent?
The officiating has been maddening in the OTT/PIT series, on both sides. Guys are getting called for brushing someone in the hip with their stick or putting hand on a shoulder for a fraction of a second, then on the next shift somebody gets a stick to the face or a blatant knee and it's not called.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #189
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
The officiating has been maddening in the OTT/PIT series, on both sides. Guys are getting called for brushing someone in the hip with their stick or putting hand on a shoulder for a fraction of a second, then on the next shift somebody gets a stick to the face or a blatant knee and it's not called.

it's been ridiculous. stunningly bad.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #190
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Must be tough to be a Wild fan - 2 games in a row the Wild probably should have come away with a win, but their powerplay is unbelievably inept espcially given some of the offensive firepower they have. Having said that, great defense wins in the playoffs and between Bryzgalov, Pronger, Niedermayer & Beauchemin the Wild really haven't had that many clear cut scoring opportunities.

I had to switch from this game last night. The Minnesota FSN announcers were BRUTAL homers. I can handle homers to a point, but these guys were so far over the top that I couldn't take it.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #191
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

OK, I feel better now that I'm not the only one seeing it.

Last night's game, OTT up 2-1, Gonchar springs Erik Christensen into the OTT zone. Pens already on the PP. Chris Philipps, about a step behind Christensen, immediately puts his stick across the Penguin's logo on EC's jersey. Not long, probably a second, 2 tops. But enough to slow him down. EC shoots from about 5 feet in from the top of the circle, Emery makes the save.

The exact same play, not a vicious swing of the stick or dragging down of a player, but quick tug on the sweater, got Malkin 2 hooking calls during the game, both in the neutral zone.

The only difference was there was no way they were giving PIT a 5-3 for that.

Another fantastic call was Roberts getting dumped from behind into Emery, I believe by Volchenkov. Pens had pulled Fleury, and had the puck in the corner. Why in the world would Roberts dive into Emery 50 feet from the puck?

And then the Schubert hit on Scuderi near the end of the game from behind. The only difference between Schubert's hit and Radulov's hit on Bernier is Scuderi left the ice on his own.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #192
Karim
College Starter

I didn't expect to beat the Wings but I did expect an effort and trying to keep it close. We're easily the worst playoff team and do not deserve to be there. Colorado would have easily given Detroit a better series.

Guess I need to find another team to cheer for for the remainder of the playoffs...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #193
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
I didn't expect to beat the Wings but I did expect an effort and trying to keep it close. We're easily the worst playoff team and do not deserve to be there. Colorado would have easily given Detroit a better series.

Guess I need to find another team to cheer for for the remainder of the playoffs...

A team isn't in trouble in the playoffs until they lose at home. While the Flames haven't shown any life at all so far in the first two games, they've been pretty crappy on the road all season. Based on that, they should be pretty solid at home. If it goes to a game seven, anything can happen...

If the Flames do end up not being able to rally, we stand here with open arms, Karim.

Join us. Join The Red Wave. ("Join The Red Wave" is just the latest of a string of horrible playoff slogans the Wings' PR people have come up with.)
Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #194
st.cronin
General Manager

The officiating in the NHL is never as bad as people try to make it. At its worst, its still better than the NBA.

knives out
Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #195
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The officiating in the NHL is never as bad as people try to make it. At its worst, its still better than the NBA.

But it at least is consistently awful. You go into the game knowing you can take 3 steps and carry the ball all night.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #196
Karim
College Starter

There has been a lot of interesting fallout from Bob MacKenzie's suggestion that the Flames should create history and fire Playfair before Game 3. His contention is that a weak exit will result in Playfair's dismissal anyway, so the best coach in the organization (Sutter - with 410 wins) should step behind the bench.

Ignoring the fact that Sutter chose Playfair (who has been in the organization for seven years, working his way up from the minors) and publically stated that he has no interest coaching, there is no doubt that it was Sutter who got this team into the playoffs. With Colorado's amazing run putting pressure on the Flames and closing the gap to four points, Sutter went to talk to the players in the dressing room. Calgary proceeded to rattle off six straight wins, including against Nashville, Detroit and Vancover. It was enough to hold onto eighth spot.

It's clear to many that Playfair does not command the respect of the players. He benched Amonte this year only to apologize publically afterwards even though Amonte deserved it. He publically stated that he can't motivate this team. And this beauty from earlier in the year:

Quote:
I asked why the Wild has been able to “figure it out” on the road and the Flames have not, and Playfair said, “I think their leaders have taken it upon themselves to listen to their coach.”

It's likely we'll lose even if Sutter takes over but at least it would no longer be easy for Detroit.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #197
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
But it at least is consistently awful. You go into the game knowing you can take 3 steps and carry the ball all night.

My favorite thing in the NBA is when a guy takes a shot, and the ref watches to see if it goes in or not before he calls a foul. Ok, I'm done talking about basketball. Back to hockey.

knives out
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #198
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow. Hartley is going back to Lehtonen in Game 3. What's he doing here? I can't see how either of those two goals were Hedberg's fault at all.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ehtonen_y.html

Kari Lehtonen - you’re up

By Craig Custance | Monday, April 16, 2007, 11:55 AM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

It’s back to Kari Lehtonen for game three in New York. Bob Hartley announced today after practice that he’s returning to his young goalie, and expects him to play well on Tuesday in New York. He said this one was a no-brainer, pointing out that Lehtonen plays well at Madison Square Garden and that he has the talent to win the big game.

Lehtonen said he’s ready to go. He admitted that there were a couple days where he was a little disappointed and down after being benched, but some quiet time at home helped him turn the corner.

Hedberg, as usual, handled the whole situation with class. “There’s no room for egos,” he said when asked about his reaction.

No other lineup changes for game three.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #199
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hartley has apparently lost his mind. In the current situation, there's absolutely no way you don't put Hedberg back out there for game three.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #200
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I think Lehtonen is the right move here, and I agree with Hartley that it's a no-brainer.

Lehtonen is the guy in Atlanta. Sitting him in game 2 was the right thing to do, but you have to go back to him now.