Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #151
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I don't think this will necessarily lead to a rematch. If Florida continues to pound on #8 Arkansas, I think they will play Ohio State in the NC Game.

It will be bad for the BCS if this happens. Michigan lost their final game, but stayed at #2 in the polls. USC wins last weekend jumps over Michigan to #2, and Michigan drops to #3. If Florida ends up winning, and leapfrogs from #4 over Michigan to #2, that will be unfortunate. Michigan will be penalized for basically not having some byes early in the season. If they had played either last weekend or this weekend and won, there wouldn't be any talk of Florida jumping over them.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 12-03-2006 at 09:30 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Enjoy your moment.

Thanks, I will.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #153
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually, I will say this. I am tagging my rival right now because of today, but the fact is, the reason this is so great for us is BECAUSE USC is so great. They have nothing to be ashamed of, and Carroll is an amazing coach.

That said, no, I'm not big on seeing arrogance or smack talk from USC fans right now. So take it for what it's worth.

This win is bigger than you would think here than it is nationally. This is a game that could vault UCLA to at least within range in the eyes of California recruits of USC, even if the gap is still very, very sizeable. We're still going to lose the best to them, but we now might beat out Cal and Notre Dame and Oklahoma and others for the SoCal talent, which is huge.

USC it's just another loss, really (though a big one). For UCLA, it could be a program changing event.

My first thought was it could be a job saver for Karl Dorell. Has his standing with the fans improved since last year's game that this game wasn't a factor either way?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #154
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The difference is USC will be in the National Title hunt again next year as they have very few seniors.

UCLA won't. Enjoy the 7-5 seasons.

While you're probably right, we have even less senior starters than you, and we're going to lose less underclassmen to the NFL, too.

We're going to be pretty good next year (maybe not title good, but we'll compete right behind USC).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #155
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I'm stuck at work ... what happened to Pat White?

Didn't he hurt his ankle last week? I think that's why he's out.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #156
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yup, how are you guys doing in basketball? Don't read the papers...you might notice who is #1.

Just like you got your sport, we got ours. We just beat you in yours. Let's see you bring it in ours (P.S. goooooooood luck).

Yep, and nobody cares.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #157
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Didn't he hurt his ankle last week? I think that's why he's out.

Yes. I didnt think it was bad enough to not play, but I guess so.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #158
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Tough game USC, but it's the way it goes.....

I guess you have baseball still.....?

And that hit on Cowan, while impressive, didn't seem to phase him.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #159
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Yep, and nobody cares.

Troll.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #160
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
My first thought was it could be a job saver for Karl Dorell. Has his standing with the fans improved since last year's game that this game wasn't a factor either way?

Not at all. In fact, fans and radio have been ripping him apart. There was a lot of talk around here about actually rooting for USC to blow UCLA apart, so that Dorrell gets fired.

Fans have been upset at the extremely conservative playcalling, especially early in the season, and the failure of the team to play consistently, even from half to half. We dominate UDub on the road in the first half, and completely fall apart to lose. We have Notre Dame on its heels IN SOUTH BEND, and a missed tackle and we blow it. We have just competed with Notre Dame on the road--and we come home and lay a complete egg against Wazzu. Frankly, I can see where the fans are coming from.

Regardless, there's no doubt now. Dorrell is almost certainly locked into two more years, minimum, probably three--and that's if he does poorly (and I don't think he will).

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #161
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

"attribulate" ???

I think the color commentator (Danielson?) on CBS just make up a new word.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #162
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Ok who stole Mike Teels jersey?
or when did he become so good?

oh wait, they are playin WVU's Defense. my bad.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, and nobody cares.

No, actually, just because you have no reason to care, doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.

Good luck half filling the Galen Center.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #164
Fouts
College Starter

Big mistake by Florida leads to Arkansas 21-17 lead.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #165
MrBug708
Head Coach

SC fans are a funny bunch..
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #166
st.cronin
General Manager

Florida now falling apart, too. They could go from having a shot at the championship to being out of the BCS.

knives out
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #167
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

That has to be one of the worst interceptions I've seen in a while. Leak almost handed the ball to the DL from Arkansas.

And Florida looks a lot like a team that's choking.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #168
Galaxy
Coordinator

I love the USC-UCLA crap-talk. Go Michigan!

I think this win could be a big thing for Bruins. Gives them a lot of swagger to work with in the recruiting trails and building a foundation to take the next step.

I don't understand Florida this half. The decision-making is terrible.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #169
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Y'know, after the clock management displayed by Florida here, I'm thinking maybe it's just best to declare Ohio State as National Champions and not make them play anybody else this year.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #170
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Wow, just wow.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #171
Fouts
College Starter

What a bailout.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #172
Joe
Pro Starter

lol
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #173
Fouts
College Starter

You would think he was told to let it go that close to the goal line.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #174
miami_fan
Coordinator

PING: Anybody who has ever returned a punt

What is so difficult about putting your feet on the 10 yard line and not going backwards to catch or attempt to catch the ball?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #175
RedKingGold
College Starter

Two thoughts to ponder:

Why not Louisville? Yes, I know their schedule (and the Big East) in general suck. But their only loss was by three points to a hot Rutgers team on the road where Rutgers was playing like it was the Super Bowl. All things considered, I think they would give USC, Michigan, and Florida a run for their money.

Oklahoma got screwed in more ways than one with that loss to Oregon. If Oklahoma wins that game and wins the Big 12 championship tonight; it is Oklahoma-Ohio State in the national title game.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-02-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #176
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

err so much for florida, umm go Boise St???
Old 12-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #177
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Rutgers wins the college commercial contest.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #178
Galaxy
Coordinator

Bye-Bye.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #179
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wow, you know it's a new future when Rutgers isn't getting bad calls on them. At least, not yet.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-02-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #180
st.cronin
General Manager

Wow, that was a gay PI call in the sec game.

And the next play, TD Arkansas.

knives out
Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #181
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm rooting for Arkansas and total chaos
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #182
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I'm rooting for Arkansas and total chaos

ditto

And then I want Boise State to win the BCS game, and Ohio State to lose!

knives out
Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #183
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i'm rooting for whatever gets michigan in the title game
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #184
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
i'm rooting for whatever gets michigan in the title game

Its happening now.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #185
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Two thoughts to ponder:

Why not Louisville? Yes, I know their schedule (and the Big East) in general suck. But their only loss was by three points to a hot Rutgers team on the road where Rutgers was playing like it was the Super Bowl. All things considered, I think they would give USC, Michigan, and Florida a run for their money.

Oklahoma got screwed in more ways than one with that loss to Oregon. If Oklahoma wins that game and wins the Big 12 championship tonight; it is Oklahoma-Ohio State in the national title game.

Honestly, regardless of the rutger's result.. Louisville deserves a bcs bid, and i will feel jobbed if it comes out to be otherwise.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #186
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have to think that we've seen an SEC championship game record for most different players with a TD pass. Heck, I wonder when the last time that's happened in a game of any type.

That's five: Leak & Caldwell for Florida and Dick, McFadden, & Washington for Arkansas.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #187
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

OK... so what do we honestly expect the voters and computers to spit out? Michigan or Florida?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #188
Galaxy
Coordinator

Michigan or Florida...Should be interesting. Both teams have an equal claim.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #189
RedKingGold
College Starter

I've got to go with Florida over Michigan simply because Florida won their conference (and probably the toughest conference in college football this season).

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-02-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #190
MrKordell
n00b

I expect them to vote Florida because I believe most voters will not be in favor of a rematch. I think they should vote Michigan because they are the 2nd best team in the nation.
MrKordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #191
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have never been able to figure out the computers so I have no idea there. I believe the voters will vote for the Gators by a small margin. Maybe one or two votes. I think some voters will have too hard of a time voting for a non conference winning team.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #192
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I've got to go with Florida over Michigan simply because Florida won their conference (and probably the toughest conference in college football this season).

The only problem I would have is Florida has th extra game in hand (a conference championship game), and Michigan lost in the last weekend by 3 to the best teams. It's a tough argument. Just call a Michigan vs. Florida playoff for next weekend.

Personally, I'm not sold on because they won the conference alone argument in this case due to the way the conference titles are determined.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-02-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #193
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKordell View Post
I expect them to vote Florida because I believe most voters will not be in favor of a rematch. I think they should vote Michigan because they are the 2nd best team in the nation.

Yeah, there will be howls of outrage if Michigan gets another crack at Suckeye. Florida vs. Ohio State is a no lose for the BCS. If Florida wins, they obviously deserved to be there. If Ohio State wins, there's an uncontested champion.

knives out
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #194
Jas_lov
College Starter

I also think Florida. They won their conference, finished strong, and have more quality wins than Michigan does. And the whole rematch thing that will probably turn off some voters. Everyone said the SEC was the toughest conference all year and Florida just got through it with 1 loss so give them a shot.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ugh. I guess the Texas Bowl will at least yield a matchup they ought to win.

Grr..

I hope Schiano can recruit a QB. The one-dimensional offense thing is getting old.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #196
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I want us to throw many more screen passes, those are working great. Im glad that 95% of our passes have our guys running routes in the -3 to 3 yard range, it's extremely useful when falling behind.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #197
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Here's one of the reasons why I love my wife:

WVU goes up 20-10 on Rutgers with a long TD run and the first thing out of her mouth is "There's going to be a lot of perfectly good furniture go up in flames tonight".
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #198
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Ugh. I guess the Texas Bowl will at least yield a matchup they ought to win.

Grr..

I hope Schiano can recruit a QB. The one-dimensional offense thing is getting old.

Nice work!

knives out
Old 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #199
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I bet Mike Teel heard my comment.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #200
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That really took the steam out of that crowd. Now just keep chopping wood, boys.