Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #151
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Right, that too.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:00 PM   #152
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I just want to say, as much as he was cheating in this league, he really got hosed by the eNFL.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #153
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'd just like to be a part of this thread in some way, shape or form. /waves, "Hi Mom!"
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #154
Nwobhm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I just want to say, as much as he was cheating in this league, he really got hosed by the eNFL.

He had 2 incidents in the eNFL.

The first case was when he backloaded a contract and claimed that he had merely offered the player what he wanted. When challenged by the committee to prove it by providing a screenshot, he declined. I wonder why? He was allowed to keep the player by doing a release/resign in the same export like he's done here.

He also didn't comply with our player usage rule by leaving in his preseason lineup full of scrubs for 4 weeks of the regular season, giving his opponents a bunch of cheap wins. He wound up getting censured for that.

So how was he hosed?
Nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #155
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I'd just like to be a part of this thread in some way, shape or form. /waves, "Hi Mom!"

HI MOM!
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #156
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard77
Guys,

I would just like to go on record as saying I am a member of the PFL. Our Commish is a solid citizen who cares about his league and his GM's. What happened in this case was wrong and unfortunate. It should have been dealt with in-house rather than on this public stage.

Why? It is a good thing that this kind of cheat and the cheater were brought to the attention of the entire multiplayer community.
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #157
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci
Why? It is a good thing that this kind of cheat and the cheater were brought to the attention of the entire multiplayer community.

bingo

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 AM   #158
Kozure
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
the Pseudo-nazi.

that's a memory that I don't think anyone wants to conjure up anytime soon. *shiver*
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #159
Kozure
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwobhm
He was allowed to keep the player by doing a release/resign in the same export like he's done here.

If i remember right, he wasn't allowed to do it. he just did it. The rules committee eventually did allow him to keep the player after resigning him this way, but he pissed off a bunch of people by the release/resign.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:58 AM   #160
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Indeed, I was on Raider's side of the argument when the scrubs situation went down in the eNFL. But after seeing how the PFL is handling this I much rather the response you can expect from the eNFL rules committee, for better or for worse.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-26-2005 at 04:59 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:18 AM   #161
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Indeed, I was on Raider's side of the argument when the scrubs situation went down in the eNFL. But after seeing how the PFL is handling this I much rather the response you can expect from the eNFL rules committee, for better or for worse.
But I thought Kozure said the eNFL rules comittee just looked the other way and allowed a member of their league to continue to cheat, while pissing off the other owners in the league.

LOL.. Seems like members of the eNFL should of thrown out the rules committee and stopped this cheater themselves, or at least maybe impeached their Commish for looking the other way. Why any league out there would allow another owner in its league to cheat is beyond me.

I guess this should be a warning to all the owners out there that think this kind of thing does not happen in our leagues. There is cheating going on, and sometimes the League Commissioners know about it, but choose to look the other way.

Anyone spotting a Cheater in their league should do exactly what clown did and scream what they know to everyone who will listen. Both on your league boards and here at FOFC, that way the people in charge will not ba able to just look the other way. Congrats Clown!

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-26-2005 at 06:24 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #162
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That's not what happened at all. The eNFL rules committee has generated some controversy, but none of it for being passive. Quite the opposite.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:26 AM   #163
WrongWay
Banned

Then what did Kozure mean?

Were thing done out in the open or was it done like the PFL with the Commish locking threads and telling other owners they are not allowed to post about it?

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-26-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:31 AM   #164
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I take offense at coining a negative term at the expense of the Raiders.

Too late. I suppose nobody remembers the "The Holy Roller" from the cheatin' Raiders. This is why I hate the Raiders.

From Wikipedia;

The Holy Roller
Casper was also involved in another famous NFL contest on September 21, 1978, between the Raiders and San Diego Chargers. The Raiders trailed the Chargers 20-14 with just ten seconds left in the game. Oakland quarterback Ken Stabler, about to be sacked, flipped the football toward the goal line in an effort to save the game. Raiders running back Pete Banaszak recovered the ball at the San Diego 12-yard line but tossed the ball further forward to avoid a game-ending tackle. Casper kicked the ball at the San Diego 5-yard line and finally recovered it in the end zone to tie the game. The extra point attempt was good and Oakland won the game, 21-20.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 AM   #165
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I can't quite remember the situation. Basically Raider signed a free agent to a contract against the house rules. He was forced to release him and take the cap hit, but then resigned him the same stage. It was then decided the cap hit was the desired penalty and he could keep the player. The RC did the same action with another GM later on.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, that situation doesn't really stick out in my head. One thing is for sure though, the eNFL RC never looks the other way or turns a blind eye, that's been proven numerous times .

Quote:
Were thing done out in the open or was it done like the PFL with the Commish locking threads and telling other owners they are not allowed to post about it?

RC discussion is done behind closed doors, but there are threads open to discuss it.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-26-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 AM   #166
WrongWay
Banned

That is what scares me the most, I get the feeling that the PFL Commish is trying to cover everything up. This is a huge No-No in an online league where you don't actually know your fellow owners and their real relationships with eachother.

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-26-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #167
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I can't quite remember the situation. Basically Raider signed a free agent to a contract against the house rules. He was forced to release him and take the cap hit, but then resigned him the same stage.
This is completely different now. If I read this correctly the owner was instructed to perform this cheat as part of his punishment. This is probably where he learned to do this cheat and he got busted when he did the cheat in another league.

His cheat was some type of backloaded contract. The sign and release was the eNFL rules committee's way to geta round the games rules to allow this owner to keep his player, but punish him at the same time.

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-26-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 AM   #168
wade moore
lolzcat

Awww man, looks like the commish cleaned out the threads...

Seriously... that league needs to just dissolve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #169
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Too late. I suppose nobody remembers the "The Holy Roller" from the cheatin' Raiders. This is why I hate the Raiders.

From Wikipedia;

The Holy Roller
Casper was also involved in another famous NFL contest on September 21, 1978, between the Raiders and San Diego Chargers. The Raiders trailed the Chargers 20-14 with just ten seconds left in the game. Oakland quarterback Ken Stabler, about to be sacked, flipped the football toward the goal line in an effort to save the game. Raiders running back Pete Banaszak recovered the ball at the San Diego 12-yard line but tossed the ball further forward to avoid a game-ending tackle. Casper kicked the ball at the San Diego 5-yard line and finally recovered it in the end zone to tie the game. The extra point attempt was good and Oakland won the game, 21-20.

Just saw a special about that play(and others) the other day. Complete garbage, the refs should have called it back. Its the reason for that "no advancing a fumble in the last 2 mins of a game rule, right?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #170
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts

From Wikipedia;

The Holy Roller
Wah, wah, wah. It wasn't against the rules. I've gotten over the tuck rule, you should get over this.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 AM   #171
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I've never understood the fear of clowns before . . .

Then you have obviously never seen the cult film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. A great film.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0095444/
Quote:
Tagline: In Space No One Can Eat Ice Cream!

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-26-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 AM   #172
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Wah, wah, wah. It wasn't against the rules. I've gotten over the tuck rule, you should get over this.
What are you talking about? It is against the game rules to sign a player you released the same year. Cheater...Cheater...Cheater...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #173
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
What are you talking about? It is against the game rules to sign a player you released the same year. Cheater...Cheater...Cheater...
Reading is always a good skill to have.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 AM   #174
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Then you have obviously never seen the cult film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. A great film.

This might be insightful, were it not mentioned 35 posts ago.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 AM   #175
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
This might be insightful, were it not mentioned 35 posts ago.

Are you actually expecting people to read the threads BEFORE the post???? Some people.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #176
Kozure
High School JV

My mistake, the rules committee DID allow him to resign him as part of their resolution of the backloaded contract he offered his player. I was mixing up a different incident that happened in the eNFL.

But, i was never saying that the rules committee was doing something wrong. I thought the GM that did the release/resigning of a player was something that the eNFL Rules Committee didn't expect when the GM was ordered to release the player. They eventually ruled that GM could keep the player (after the release/resign), but created a rule that outlawed the release the signing of a player during the same stage. The player MUST have a chance to be on the FA market.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #177
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
He also didn't comply with our player usage rule by leaving in his preseason lineup full of scrubs for 4 weeks of the regular season, giving his opponents a bunch of cheap wins. He wound up getting censured for that.

That really blows over a lot of what happened.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #178
DanGarion
Coordinator

Hasn't anyone been banned from the board yet?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #179
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Note to self: Stay in leagues ran by VPI97.

Taco does an excellent job running the CFL.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:10 AM   #180
JimKizer
Banned

LOVE NOTES

Things You Think but Do NOT SAY!
MINUTES FROM PFL LEAGUE MEETING
1. First thing commish says; I TRUST raider1 completely
1b. Clown1 Quits; due to Commish's statment
1c. Cbear quits: due to Commish's statement
1d. playitagain. threatens if Raider goes he goes.
2. commish steps down
3. commish steps up
4. commish steps down
5. commish steps up
6. league vote to ask did Raider do anything wrong.
6b. Clowns abstain from vote.
7. Raider refuses to answer if he benefited from cheating
8. shard runs to FOF board to say I love you commish and slams clowns, for blowing the whistle on CHEATING.
9. FACTS come out Commish knew about cheating 3 days before Clown told commish "He found CHEATING"
Commish did nothing both times.
10. Clown is screamed at for Taking CHEATING AROUND THE WORLD.
PENALTY PHASE:
RAIDER PUNISHED BUT NOT FIRED
10B INFO REVEALED: raider is leaving after season anyways to be in coast guard
GREEN BAY PACKER CLOWN 1 WALKS OFF disgusted
The right thing was not done!
--signed Former PFL member

Last edited by JimKizer : 10-26-2005 at 11:11 AM.
JimKizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:14 AM   #181
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Go Team Venture!
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #182
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKizer
Things You Think but Do NOT SAY!
MINUTES FROM PFL LEAGUE MEETING
1. First thing commish says; I TRUST raider1 completely
1b. Clown1 Quits; due to Commish's statment
1c. Cbear quits: due to Commish's statement
1d. playitagain. threatens if Raider goes he goes.
2. commish steps down
3. commish steps up
4. commish steps down
5. commish steps up
6. league vote to ask did Raider do anything wrong.
6b. Clowns abstain from vote.
7. Raider refuses to answer if he benefited from cheating
8. shard runs to FOF board to say I love you commish and slams clowns, for blowing the whistle on CHEATING.
9. FACTS come out Commish knew about cheating 3 days before Clown told commish "He found CHEATING"
Commish did nothing both times.
10. Clown is screamed at for Taking CHEATING AROUND THE WORLD.
PENALTY PHASE:
RAIDER PUNISHED BUT NOT FIRED
10B INFO REVEALED: raider is leaving after season anyways to be in coast guard
GREEN BAY PACKER CLOWN 1 WALKS OFF disgusted
The right thing was not done!
--signed Former PFL member

i'm lost.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #183
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Pardon my Walloon, but...

WHY THE FUCK IS ALL THIS DISCUSSION HERE?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #184
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
i'm lost.

paging flere.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So, if I'm reading this right ...

1)Some complete asshole cheated
2)Some disgrace of a commish found cheating tolerable
3)The majority of the league puts up with both the asshole cheater AND the idiot commisioner
4)The villian of the piece turns out to be the guy who outed the cheater.

And anybody wonders why I have zero interest in ever playing a game MP style?

Sheesh.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #186
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Pardon my Walloon, but...

WHY THE FUCK IS ALL THIS DISCUSSION HERE?

we are supposed to pretend we care

Last edited by rkmsuf : 10-26-2005 at 11:20 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #187
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

What's a Walloon?
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #188
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I've never understood the fear of clowns before . . .

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=43931
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #189
Shard77
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci

Yaba,

I have no problem exposing pontential game cheats to the community. What is unforunate is that when the GM originally discovered the issue it wasn't discussed and resolved in-house first, rather than discussing it here instead. If he wanted to post here to expose a particular player, that's his business. However, the PFL has a lot of good owners and a dedicated commish and the way things have played out here, it makes everyone in the league look bad. Which I feel is unfair. JMHO.

Last edited by Shard77 : 10-26-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Shard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #190
JeeberD
General Manager

I hate to bring this up, but after seeing his actions as Commish I kinda worry about having jshipman in some of my MP leagues...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #191
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
However, the PFL has a lot of good owners and a dedicated commish and the way things have played out here, it makes everyone in the league look bad. Which I feel is unfair. JMHO.

That isn't what makes the league look bad.

That'd be:
The tolerance for a cheater, the support for a commisioner who tolerates cheating, the complaints about a player who exposed a cheater.

THAT'S what makes the members of the league look bad, not the discussion.
JMNSHO.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #192
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Yaba,

I have no problem exposing pontential game cheats to the community. What is unforunate is that when the GM originally discovered the issue it wasn't discussed and resolved in-house first, rather than discussing it here instead. If he wanted to post here to expose a particular player, that's his business. However, the PFL has a lot of good owners and a dedicated commish and the way things have played out here, it makes everyone in the league look bad. Which I feel is unfair. JMHO.

I think it would have been wise for Clown to bring the issue to the commissioner's attention first before making it public, but publically announcing the cheating is nothing compared to the act of cheating itself.

The reaction at Primetime seems to be the other way: the whistle-blower is getting chastised for bringing the issue in the open and the league scrambles to cover the issue up by stifling discussion and deleting threads. No matter how hard the league tries to cover up the issue, the issue would have come into the open anyway. The current reaction only serves to inflame the issue more.

The league's reaction to the issue has done far more to tarnish the league's image than the cheating did; the whistle-blowing did nothing to tarnish the league's image. Clown's first posts in this thread are mainly trying to figure out if what Raider1 did is actually cheating or not.

I would think a commissioner would welcome a player that watches league transactions as closely as Clown 2 did; with so many things going on, eyes at that level of detail would be very helpful for catching shady behavior.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #193
JimKizer
Banned

The facts ARE!

Quote:
Yaba,

1. commish was told 5days ago. He did nothing!
2. clown told commish days ago. He did nothing!
3. clown sounds alarm!
JimKizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 PM   #194
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
I think it would have been wise for Clown to bring the issue to the commissioner's attention first before making it public, but publically announcing the cheating is nothing compared to the act of cheating itself.

I believe he did contact the commish before coming here, but I don't think he waited to get a response before he started this thread...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #195
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKizer

1. commish was told 5days ago. He did nothing!
2. clown told commish days ago. He did nothing!
3. clown sounds alarm!

*confused*

Commish was told 5 days ago.
clown told commish days ago.

Okay, so clown wasn't the first to tell Commish. Then who was? Raiders1? Was he coming clean?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But I thought Kozure said the eNFL rules comittee just looked the other way and allowed a member of their league to continue to cheat, while pissing off the other owners in the league.

LOL.. Seems like members of the eNFL should of thrown out the rules committee and stopped this cheater themselves, or at least maybe impeached their Commish for looking the other way. Why any league out there would allow another owner in its league to cheat is beyond me.

I guess this should be a warning to all the owners out there that think this kind of thing does not happen in our leagues. There is cheating going on, and sometimes the League Commissioners know about it, but choose to look the other way.

Anyone spotting a Cheater in their league should do exactly what clown did and scream what they know to everyone who will listen. Both on your league boards and here at FOFC, that way the people in charge will not ba able to just look the other way. Congrats Clown!

Tredwel certainly didn't look the other way. Neither did the eNFL's rule committee. We approached the owner in question and gave him an opportunity to rectify the situation. When that didn't happen, we took action. If anything, the eNFL rules committee is blamed for sticking to the letter of the rules too much and enforcing too many rules, however, I think situations such as what have been happening in other leagues recently make me glad that we do that.

Tredwel does an amazing job of running our league, and we have many high quality, high character owners in the eNFL.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #197
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, what a joke the PFL is. Who's the commish? I'd put more blame on him than Raider for the downfall of that league. It's like there was a carefully thought out plan to do everything the wrong way.

Quote:
think situations such as what have been happening in other leagues recently make me glad that we do that.

100% agreed. And I've pretty much echoed your sentiments as well.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-26-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #198
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard... this is the best thread of the week...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #199
Kozure
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Tredwel certainly didn't look the other way. Neither did the eNFL's rule committee. We approached the owner in question and gave him an opportunity to rectify the situation. When that didn't happen, we took action. If anything, the eNFL rules committee is blamed for sticking to the letter of the rules too much and enforcing too many rules, however, I think situations such as what have been happening in other leagues recently make me glad that we do that.

Tredwel does an amazing job of running our league, and we have many high quality, high character owners in the eNFL.

Yes, the eNFL handled the situation the best it could.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #200
jshipman2
Banned

You all can expect a full explanation of everything later tonight. Not that I feel that I need to explain myself to anyone on this forum but I will. Here is the punishment agreed upon by the members of the PFL.

1. Releases all drafted players signed to illegal contracts over the past 2 seasons (Including CB Ellis).
2. Receives a $700k cap hit by signing the worst FA punter and then releasing him.
3. Forfeits next year's first round draft pick.
4. Steps down from all positions of leadership. Eligible for reinstatement after 3 seasons by league-wide vote (Two-thirds majority).

Feel free to criticize all you want, it doesn't hurt me any...after all it is JUST A GAME!
jshipman2 is offline   Reply With Quote