Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Touchdown Huskies.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #153
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Texas AT Central Florida? Wow...how'd they pull THAT off?

New. Stadium.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #154
larrymcg421
Head Coach

What an incredible throw by Locker and a gutsy call by Willingham.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #155
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Great catch, but awesome throw. Wow.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #156
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What a throw by Locker! Wow!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #157
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

w00t.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #158
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
New. Stadium.

We established this on page one of the thread. And I ended up remembering, anyway.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #159
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Iowa almost returned the kickoff, but didn't quite get there (surprised no attempt at a lateral). Iowa State wins. Big win for them.

The Iowa and Minnesota losses, along with Wisconsin's ugly first half, will probably keep the heat on the Big 10 again this week.

They really need Ohio State to win this week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #160
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
We established this on page one of the thread. And I ended up remembering, anyway.

We needed something on Page 4, since the others were covered.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Anthony Russo is a black guy....I haven't been this surprised since Troy O'Leary

Ugh.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #162
TroyF
Coordinator

If Tim Tebow and Lockler ever end up playing on the same field, I gotta fiind a way to get there. Two incredible young QB's. They were the same class, right? Who was the #1 QB from that class? I can't imagine he's better than these two guys.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #163
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Miami up 13-0 against Florida International at the half. I think we might win this one. 60 passing yards at the half, which I think is above average for us so far. Go Canes!

Old 09-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #164
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
If Tim Tebow and Lockler ever end up playing on the same field, I gotta fiind a way to get there. Two incredible young QB's. They were the same class, right? Who was the #1 QB from that class? I can't imagine he's better than these two guys.

Matthew Stafford and Mitch Mustain were up there.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #165
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Matt Stafford, I believe.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #166
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola... here are the QBs that were invite to the Elite 11 that year:

Quote:
NEIL CAUDLE - Caudle attended the EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout in Atlanta and the NIKE Camp in Athens the following day back in May. He was impressive on film and our staff was anxious to him in person and see if he was recovered from a torn ACL suffered as a junior. Caudle had a strong day at the Elite 11 workout showing a live, accurate arm and didn't appear hobbled by the knee. The following day, Caudle didn't look a bit fatigued and wasn't as strong as the previous day but he was still an easy call to make the cut. The 6-1, 191 pounder out of Birmingham (Ala.) Spain Park recently committed to Auburn over Michigan and Miami. He is the third Alabama signal caller to qualify for the EA SPORTS Elite 11, joining Brodie Croyle (2000) and JaMarcus Russell (2002).

PAT DEVLIN - Devlin first appeared on our radar a year ago at the NIKE Camp in State College when he was just a rising junior and he was one of the best kids in the camp that year. The 6-3, 200 pounder came back to the camp at State College this year looking bigger, stronger and much more confident. The Miami commit has plus physical tools and is impressive with his makeup and the way he carries himself. The Downingtown (Pa.) East signal caller is a natural leader and someone his teammates will follow in the huddle and to us, that is almost as important as any quality a quarterback can possess.

ZACH FRAZER - Like Devlin, Frazer first gained notice a year ago at the NIKE Camp in State College following his sophomore season. With his size, arm strength and toughness, most were expecting Frazer to put on a show at the same camp this year and felt he would be a stone cold lock to make the EA SPORTS Elite 11 after a record-setting junior season at Mechanicsburg (Pa.). Unfortunately, Frazer injured his foot and never got to throw. He came back to the final EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout in Las Vegas and still look hobbled and wasn't able to participate in all the drills. After watching his film a second and third time and knowing what kind of kid Frazier was, it was clear he belonged and expect big things in the days to come from the Notre Dame bound signal caller.

JOSH FREEMAN - Following the EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout and NIKE Camp in Ann Arbor, Freeman's chances to make the final camp didn't look so good. The 6-6, 230 pounder definitely struggled in Ann Arbor with a tired arm and was looking more like a future athlete than a quarterback to many. To his credit, the Grandview (Mo.) standout didn't make excuses but just said he had a bad day and came to Las Vegas for one last chance. In all our years of doing camps, it's very difficult to recall a player making a more dramatic improvement than Freeman did from Ann Arbor to Las Vegas. The Nebraska commit's arm was strong and accurate, he knew where to go with the ball, his feet were quick and he showed he belonged.

CODY HAWKINS - With his size (5-11, 175 pounds), where he comes from (Boise, Idaho) and lack of big-time offers, Hawkins is probably the quarterback on our list who the casual fan probably assumes doesn't belong. That is understandable to the casual fan, but anyone who saw Hawkins throw at the NIKE Camp in Stanford or the EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout the following day at Cal, they know this isn't a reach. Simply stated, at any of the 12 NIKE Camps, Hawkins had the most impressive workout of anyone on the list with the possible exception of Mitch Mustain. The Idaho native has a live arm, great feet, an incredible head for the game and his intangibles like leadership and the ability to rally players around him are off the charts.

JAKE LOCKER - Heading in to the camp next week, Locker is one of the guys that is expected to have a dominating showing. This 6-2, 210 pound athlete has great film and was always high on our board, but exceeded even our high expectations at the final EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout in Las Vegas with a superb showing. The Ferndale (Wash.) signal caller plays in a veer, run oriented offense and doesn't have the as much traditional dropback passing background as most of the other quarterbacks. That made it even more impressive that Locker was a top performer in Vegas, showing off a rifle arm with a quick release, not to mention his tremendous athleticism that is probably only rivaled by Tim Tebow in this class.

MITCH MUSTAIN - This 6-3, 200 pounder out of Springdale (Ark.) comes in to the camp with as much hype if not more than anyone but it's definitely deserved. The talented signal caller has every tool a coach could want in a quarterback and is destined for stardom in college. He has a great quarterback body, a cannon for an arm with a nice tight release and throws a great deep ball. On top of his physical tools, Mustain is just a great kid, personable and someone who will have no problem gaining the respect of his teammates at the next level. At the NIKE Camp in Oxford, Mustain put on a show in what might have been the best workout this year at any of the 12 NIKE Camps.

KEVIN RILEY - Riley came out of nowhere this spring and is one of those guys that just gets better and better every time he workouts. The Beaverton (Ore.) standout was only behind Hawkins at the NIKE Camp in Stanford, putting forth a very impressive showing. He attended the Elite 11 workout at Cal the following day and again shined. The 6-1, 192 pounder really stepped up in Vegas where, at a loaded camp, he out-threw every quarterback in the camp not named Matthew Stafford. Riley has a very live arm and gets rid of the ball very quick. He has great feet and is a player that could be the surprise of the camp and at the next level playing for the Cal Bears.

JEVAN SNEAD - Like Frazer, Snead missed the NIKE Camp earlier in the year due to injury. He tore meniscus in his right knee and still wasn't 100% at the time of the final workout in Vegas. Still, the Stephenville (Texas) star gutted it out and still had a very good camp in our eyes. He's a big, strong kid at 6-2, 210 pounds, who throws a nice ball and can move around very well for a big man. Where the Florida bound quarterback was able to seal the deal was on film. In comparing Snead's film to other top quarterbacks nationally, he has a lot of upside to him and should do very well in Urban Meyer's system at Florida.

MATTHEW STAFFORD - Heading in to the EA SPORTS Elite 11 next week, Stafford is the top pure passing quarterback on our board. The Dallas (Texas) Highland Park gunslinger has been on our board since he was just a freshman in high school and has been in the news ever since. The Georgia commit wasn't able to make it to the NIKE Camp in Fort Worth and needed a solid showing in Vegas to make the final cut. Stafford definitely delivered, showing arguably the strongest arm of any quarterback in the nation this year with great mechanics and college-ready build. The quarterback can make all the throws, he's smart and also has a great personality for the position.

TIM TEBOW - Tebow wasn't at his best at the NIKE Camp in Tallahassee, but has upside off the charts. The Jacksonville (Fla.) Nease quarterback is a freak athletically whose 96.92 SPARQ Rating is the best this year from a quarterback. The Florida native was still trying to knock off the rust when we saw him at the NIKE Camp as he had been playing baseball for the previous three months and hadn't even picked up a football.

After watching his film however, Tebow was a slam dunk choice for the EA SPORTS Elite 11 and the first player invited this year. He has a strong arm and throws a nice deep ball. He's tough and physical and runs like a fullback in the open field. He's also a has a great personality and his teammates will love playing with him at the next level, wherever he ends up.

ISIAH WILLIAMS - Williams is one of the players that could gain the most from his experience at the EA SPORTS Elite 11. The Chicago (Ill.) Vocational standout is still somewhat raw but has great upside with an arm comparable to Stafford's in terms of it's strength. At the NIKE Camp and EA SPORTS Elite 11 workout in Ann Arbor, Williams impressed onlookers with not only his arm strength but how quickly he improved in the drills and how fast he learned the drills. The Illinois bound quarterback is just as impressive on film and although he didn't put up great numbers as a junior in a run-oriented offense, his obvious physical tools and his high ceiling at the next level made him a player we locked in early ahead of several other more highly-rated quarterbacks.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #167
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Michigan is now up 31-0 on ND (what, the Washington/OSU game was at the half ).
Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #168
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Missed field goal by Texas. Wow.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #169
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

Rivals.com rankings for that class (QB's that were in the top 100 overall)

1) Matthew Stafford (UGA)
2) Mitch Mustain (Arkansas)
3) Tim Tebow (Florida)
4) Demetrius Jones (Notre Dame)
5) Jevan Snead (Texas)
6) Jake Locker (Washington)
7) Isiah Williams (Illinois)
8) Josh Freeman (Kansas State)
9) Jeremy Ricker (Maryland)

Old 09-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #170
TroyF
Coordinator

Interesting. I'll stand by my statement for now. I haven't seen a better QB than either of these two. I will note that I love the way Hawkins looks for CU. He's not a Heisman winner, but he's a hell of a leader and he makes good throws. (the receivers catching them are another thing. . . )

Tebow and Lockler are just special, special college QB's. I'll be interested to see how they translate to the pros. Thankfully we have a few years of watching both of them in college before that happens. (Yeah, I like pro ball more, but these guys were made for college offenses)
Old 09-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #171
st.cronin
General Manager

Matt Stafford
Mitch Mustain
Tim Tebow
Demetrius Jones
Jevan Snead
Jake Locker
Juice Williams
Josh Freeman
Jeremy Ricker

per rivals.com

knives out
Old 09-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #172
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Pick-6 for Texas.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #173
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tebow is who I thought he was.
So is the Tennessee secondary.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #174
st.cronin
General Manager

Tebow is awesome. Locker, at this point, is merely intriguing.

knives out
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #175
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Tebow is awesome. Locker, at this point, is merely intriguing.

Tebow is awesome, but he's playing with a ton more talent than Locker is at this point.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #176
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Tebow is awesome, but he's playing with a ton more talent than Locker is at this point.

Definitely a fair point.

knives out
Old 09-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #177
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tenn scores just before the half, perhaps to save Jon's TV set for the time being.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #178
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

No question about it and when rating the two QB's that'll certainly play into things. But Tebow has made some pretty damned impressive throws today and is every bit the runner Lockler is. He's fast and powerful. Both guys are a joy to watch.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #179
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tenn scores just before the half, perhaps to save Jon's TV set for the time being.

And I still have GT-BC later tonight.
You can imagine my level of optimism for that one
Old 09-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #180
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nice facemask, OSU.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #181
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
K. Wright rushed to the left for no gain. K. Wright fumbled. L. Singleton recovered fumble

Oh boy...

Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #182
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm glad Ohio State Washington is a good game, I was worried Buckeye would just crush them.

knives out
Old 09-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #183
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm glad Ohio State Washington is a good game, I was worried Buckeye would just crush them.

With that juggernaut offense?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #184
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, snap...looks like I just reverse jinxed the Buckeyes
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #185
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas goes into the half with a 20-10 lead, and they get the 2nd half kickoff, after a TD is correctly reversed by replay, and they settle for a FG. If they score coming out of the half, I don't think UCF has a QB that can bring them back.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #186
RedKingGold
College Starter

Actually, I don't give a shit if every other team in the B10 loses their out-of-conference game (except PSU of course). I'm just hoping PSU is going to be competitive in the B10.

As it looks right now, the Michigan beast has been awoken, and I'm VERY nervous about next week.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #187
General Mike
Pro Starter

Rutgers up 45-0 at the half.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #188
larrymcg421
Head Coach

FIU takes over inside the Miami red zone, but the Canes defense holds them to a FG. Big moral victory for the Canes and I think they now believe they can beat FIU.

Go Canes!

Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #189
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Oops.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #190
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Washington is beginning to crumble like coffee cake
Old 09-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #191
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

They bring those HBCU teams there once a year, so they can hear their bands play.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #192
JeeberD
General Manager

So much for Rice. 49-17 Texas Blech mid-third.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #193
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeesh.

knives out
Old 09-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #194
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

I know, it's a patsy... but Teel with 260+ yards on just 8 completions is just unreal!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It is good to see Rutgers beating the paste out of teams they're supposed to beat though.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #196
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Hurricanes approaching 100 yards passing for the first time this season.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Eric Berry is also who I thought he was

95 yard pick six brings Tennessee back to within 28-20
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #198
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

What a run by Locker.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #199
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Eric Berry is also who I thought he was

95 yard pick six brings Tennessee back to within 28-20

Turning that game back on...

Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #200
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That was a Vince Young type run for sure.