Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post match info: Smyth just has a bruised rib. He should be good to play in 3 or so days.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Interesting tidbit: Kidderminster and my team have the exact same record: 13-6-4. Scarborough has 1 more win, 3 less ties. They are 3rd due to a slightly lower Goal Differential.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2007 -

Arsenal's Jose Antonio Reyes won the World Footballer of the Year award. His teammate Theirry Henry came in 2nd, and Ronaldinho of Barcelona came in 3rd.

Thierry Henry won the World Player of the Year. His teammate Reyes came in 2nd. Damien Duff of Manchester Utd came in 3rd.

Reyes of Arsenal won European Footballer of the Year. Henry came in 2nd. Vincente of Valencia came in 3rd.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2007 -

Stevenage boss Graham Westley won English Conference Manager of the Month for 6 victories in their last 7 games. I came in 2nd and, Tommy Coyne of Scarborough came in 3rd.

Hornchurch's Lee Matthews won English Conference player of the month, Keith Gilroy of Scarborough came in 2nd, and Cormac Dooley of Lewes came in 3rd.

Bury's David Buchanan won English Conference young player of the month, Alex Tiesse of Woking came in 2nd, and Anthony Barry of Canvey Island came in 3rd.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2007-

Manchester United's Tim Howard won European Goalkeeper of the Year. Iker Casillas of Real Madrid came in 2nd, and Petr Cech of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Ashley Cole won European Defender of the year. Santiago Hernan Solari of Real Madrid came in 2nd, Jonathan Woodgate of Juventus came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Jose Antonio Reyes has won the European Midfielder of the Year. His teammate Patrick Vieira came in 2nd, and Vicente of Valencia came in 3rd.

Thierry Henry won European Striker of the Year. Javier Saviola of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona came in 3rd.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mark Smyth's goal against Aldershot Town from December 23rd won Goal of the Month for the English Conference.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2006 -

Mr. Fotherby is absolutely delighted with my performance. I decide that with the team's good play and top of the table standing, it is time to make a request. I request that they improve our training facilities which are only barely adequate and really need major improvements.

Mr. Fotherby responded by stating that the lack of funds makes improving the facilities impossible. I glare at him as I know the team has over 400,000 dollars in the bank and I know that the team has made over 590,000 in profit this year. I consider issuing an ultimatum, but decide not to do so at this time.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #158
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

happy birthday
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Ms. Eaglesfan couldn't get off work today

Since she just left for work, I'll probably be updating this thread sometime today. In the meantime, I'm about to go spend some of my Birthday money that my mom sent me on Rise of Nations (and the expansion pack) before it is out of stores (assuming I can find it.)

I also got an official McNabb Jersey, X-Men 1 and 2 collectors DVD, a couple of CD's for my birthday. Hopefully, I'll get a USC win tonight too
Old 01-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2007 -

Don't tell the team, but I forgot we had a game just two days after our last game. We are in 1st place (but tied for points with two teams) and we face York which is in 16th place on the road. York keeper, Nick Culkin, has been playing really well the last few weeks. He seems like he is stopping everything lately. However, he is facing a lot of shots and some goals are leaking through. Matthew Coad is playing very well in the midfield. Levent Yalcin has been dangerous as a striker with 8 goals and all around great plays.

York beat us 1-0 on our pitch earlier in the year.

York are 4:6 favorites.

It's going to be sunny with temperatures in the low 40's today.

GK: Scarsella
DL: Barnard
DC: Barnett
DC: Wall
DR: Black
ML: Wright
MC: Surey (back into the lineup)
MR: Collett
AMC: Kelly
SC: Farrell (Smyth is out with his rib injury)
SC: Palmer

S1: O'Conner
S2: Fox
S3: Shepherd
S4: Davies
S5: Morley
Old 01-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Wright steals the ball on the left sideline.. passes to Farrell at the left corner of the box.. Farrell passes to Kelly who is by the left post of the goal.. Culkin attempts to jump and get the ball.. Kelly jumps.. heads it but Culkin blocks it.. Kelly immediately recovers.. kicks the rebound into the lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Matthew Coad gets a yellow card for a harsh tackle on Surey.

22 minute mark: Farrell gets a yellow card for a trip on Kevin Dawson.

25 minute mark: Darren Dunning gets a yellow card for a body check on Collett.

27 minute mark: Michael Staley gets a yellow card for holding Kelly's jersey.

29 minute mark: Benjamin Collett gets a yellow card for unfairly jumping with Coad.

32 minute mark: Farrell gets called for tripping Dave Merris.. that is his second yellow card.. he is out of here! Darn it, this ref loves that yellow card.

I change my tactic slightly and run a 4-4-1-1.

35 minute mark: Adam Arthur gets a yellow card for a trip on Wright.

40 minute mark: Greg Kelly gets called for a hard tackle Adam Arthur.. yellow card (I'm not sure I've ever seen so many yellow cards in a half or such a short period.)

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us, and me wondering if I should pull the guys with yellow cards soon..

48 minute mark: Collett gets whistled for pulling Dunning's Jersey.. fortunately he gets away with a warning.

55 minute mark: Dunning trips Palmer with a 2 footed slide from behind. Yellow card for Dunning.. that is his second. He is ejected.

56 minute mark: Andy Bishop gets a yellow card for pulling Barnett's Jersey.

60 minute mark: I pull Kelly due to his yellow card for Davies. Also, I pull Collett for Fox to protect him from getting his 2nd yellow card.

67 minute mark: Coad with a hard tackle on Surey.. second yellow card for Coad. He is out of here. It's now 10 on 9 soccer in my advantage.

76 minute mark: Andy Bishop gets open inside our box.. shoots for the upper left corner from 15 yards out.. Scarsella.. saves it cleanly!

79 minute mark: Graeme Law intercepts our offensive effort.. quick long pass to the left corner of the field.. Nathan Jones gets to it.. puts a move on black.. great cross for the far post.. Scarsella tries to cut it off.. it sails over his head.. Andy Bishop is by the far post.. jumps.. heads it into the open net. GOAL. 1-1.

92 minute mark: Wright takes the ball down the left sideline.. centers for Davies.. Davies hits it on the half volley.. great block by the keeper.. Davies gets the rebound.. shoots again.. keeper blocks it again. The defense clears it.

93 minute mark: Fox gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Bishop.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

York received 7 yellow cards this game! We received 5! Dave Whitby has made an impression in mind. I'll have to keep a close eye to see when this ref will be calling one of our games next.

We outshot them 11-8 (5-3 on goal.)

Grant Black wins MoM, 20 of 30 passes, 7 of 8 tackles, 10 of 12 headers, 11 interceptions.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

(OOC) I don't remember seeing this in CM 03/04. I think this is a very cool touch. /(OOC)

January 6th, 2006 -

Lennie Curtis walked into my office today. He said that he feels the game has passed him up. He notes that he is not getting any playing time this year. He feels it is time to turn over the reins to younger players. He is retiring effective immediately. I knew that he had announced his retirement at the end of the season, but I wasn't expecting him to retire midseason. I thank him for his service, and tell him to go pick up his last check as it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to convince him to finish the season.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-04-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #163
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

After that, I'd bash their coach in the media for resorting to dirty tactics to try to match up with a superior team.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 6th, 2007 -

We are currently in 2nd as Kidderminster won their last game and surged into first by 2 points. Today, we travel to face Hornchurch which is currently in 19th place. Their offense has been average, but their defense has been horrible this year. They are plagued by injuries and the word around the conference is that most of their players are unhappy to be on the team. They will be without their best centreback Lee Matthews due to injury. Simon Cox has taken over in goal, but he is giving up about 2 goals/game. Their left winger John Martin is injured. Their second best centreback, Reuben Hazell is also out injured. Bertie Brayley is a good striker who has 9 goals but is reportedly very unhappy with his manager. Charlie Taylor his partner also has 9 goals, and is also reportedly very unhappy.

We beat them 3-0 earlier in the year on our pitch.

We are 6:4 favorites.

It's going to be very windy with rain at times. Temperatures in the mid 40's.

MC: Surey
SC: Smyth (back from injury. Farrell suspended for the game.)

S2: Baker
S3: Atkins

Atkins came up to me before the match and complained that he has been dedicated to this club and he was concerned that I hadn't renewed his deal. I asked him what he wanted. He said he wanted 280/week to be a player/coach for another year. I told him he would be a backup player, and he understood that. I offered him what he wanted and decided to put him as a backup out of loyalty.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Brayley gets a breakaway.. into the box.. shoots from 15 yards.. Scarsella saves.. quickly quicks it to Kelly at midfield.. Kelly with a good pass between two defenders.. to Palmer... he is racing to beat the defender who is trying to catch him from behind.. into the box.. shoots from 17 yards.. just to the left of the keeper.. low.. into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Surey with an interception at midfield.. great through ball to the right corner of the box.. Palmer gets to it.. shoots.. for the lower left corner.. good save by Cox.

38 minute mark: Danny Shipp gets it at midfield from the keeper, Cox. He plays a great pass around Surey that Barnett misses. Brayley has an opening.. dribbles to his left.. shoot from 17 yards out.. lower right corner.. great shot.. Scarsella really has no chance.. GOAL. 1-1. That is Brayley's 10th.

Halftime: 1-1 tie.

48 minute mark: Wall gets called for a trip on Taylor.. yellow card.. is it outside the box.. it's going to be close.. Yes it is.. on the line.

The free kick is over the bar.

50 minute mark: Shipp gets it just outside the box.. draws Barnett over to him.. passes around Barnett.. Barnard misses the pass.. it's to Taylor just right of the goal.. Taylor hits the severe angle shot.. it's past Scarsella.. hits the left post.. into the net! GOAL. We are down 2-1 now.

54 minute mark: Palmer gets a throw in at the right corner of the pitch.. centers for Smyth.. great pass.. Smyth shoots immediately under pressure.. wide right of the goal!

57 minute mark: Collett intercepts a kick from Cox at midfield.. plays it up the field for Palmer.. Palmer dribbles into the box.. all alone.. dribbles in further.. to 10 yards.. shoots.. lower left corner.. it's past Cox.. GOAL!!!! 2-2. That is Palmer's 2nd.

59 minute mark: Sheku Kamara trips Palmer to prevent him from burning him again.. Yellow card!

69 minute mark: Barnard intercepts it from Brayley in our box.. dribbles a few steps.. long pass down the length of the field almost.. it bounces just outside the box.. Kelly gets to it.. outrunning two defenders.. dribbles to his left.. shoots to the lower left corner.. past Cox... GOAL!!!! 3-2.

71 minute mark: Brayley has a point blank chance.. Scarsella blocks it.. Wall clears the rebound.

73 minute mark: Barnett with a big tackle on Taylor.

77 minute mark: Palmer gets it.. dribbles into the right edge of the box.. tackled by James Murphy.. the ball goes right to Kelly.. Kelly shoots.. lower left corner.. Cox dives.. it's out of his reach.. GOAL!!!! 4-2.

82 minute mark: Collett steals it on the right wing.. passes it on a rope.. right to Kelly at the edge of the box.. Kelly takes two steps in.. hard shot.. heading to the upper right corner.. Cox doesn't have a chance.. it's IN! GOAL!!!! 5-2. That is Kelly's hattrick! That is also his 50th career league goal for us!

Game over! 5-2 win for us.

We outshot them 13-12 (8-8 for on goal.)

The entire team had 8's or higher for form. Collett, Kelly, and Surey all had 10's. Scarsella and Palmer had 9's.

Kelly wins MoM, 28 of 31 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 1 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 4 runs, 1 assist, 3 goals.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Grant Black strained his groin this game. He will be out for about 2 weeks. Joe Barnett strained his neck and will need to miss about 5 days.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 9th, 2007 -

Mark Atkins signed a contract to be player/coach through 2008. He said this will be his last contract and he will retire after it is over.

Benjamin Collett made it the English Conference Player of the Week.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #168
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
January 1st, 2007-

Manchester United's Tim Howard won European Goalkeeper of the Year. Iker Casillas of Real Madrid came in 2nd, and Petr Cech of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Ashley Cole won European Defender of the year. Santiago Hernan Solari of Real Madrid came in 2nd, Jonathan Woodgate of Juventus came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Jose Antonio Reyes has won the European Midfielder of the Year. His teammate Patrick Vieira came in 2nd, and Vicente of Valencia came in 3rd.

Thierry Henry won European Striker of the Year. Javier Saviola of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona came in 3rd.
Almost a sweep! Huzzah!

Happy birthday, by the way.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:14 AM   #169
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Almost a sweep! Huzzah!

they're way overrated btw, even more than other english clubs, they won the champions league 3 times in a row in my game
Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In my career, Milan has won the last 2 Champions League. Arsenal hasn't made it past the final 4 in the one year, and not past the final 8 the other year. Am I correct in assuming FM has some "x-factor" when starting a career?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 9, 2007 -

We are currently in 2nd place (2 points behind Kidderminster) and we are hosting Kettering today. Kettering has been solid all year and are currently in 7th place. However, their star striker Darren Lynch is injured and his offense (17 goals on the year) will be missed. Drew Roberts should be an adequate replacement for Lynch this game as he has nice moves around the net. Michael Nardiello is also a talented striker. However, their keeper has consistently let them down this year. So, the team responded. They have recently acquired Michael Poke on loan from Southampton and presumably this talented keeper will be starting this game.

We have 1 win and 2 losses against them. They beat us 3-2 earlier in the year.

They are 6:4 favorites.

It's going to be sunny with temperatures in the mid 40's.

Black and Barnett are out with injuries.

DC: Morley
DR: Shepherd (those injuries force him into this slot - I'd rather have Morley in the middle.)
SC: Smyth

S5: Dunning
Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #172
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
In my career, Milan has won the last 2 Champions League. Arsenal hasn't made it past the final 4 in the one year, and not past the final 8 the other year. Am I correct in assuming FM has some "x-factor" when starting a career?

there is some x-factor, since there are plenting of ratings (don't know how much but let's say 50-100 per player), when, as a researcher, you don't know about one you put 0, and the game will assign a random number to it.

of course there is also the potential rating that can be random too by giving it the value -1 or -2, -1 meaning a possible good player (let's say potential around 100-150 on a 200 scale) and -2 a possible future star (around 150-200). And I know Panoz (Italian Researcher, mister overrating in my opinion) use them a lot.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

39 minute mark: Catney feeds a ball to Nardiello in the right corner of the box.. Nardiello puts a great move on Barnard.. shoots for the lower right corner... Scarsella dives.. but it is past him.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

41 minute mark: Kelly gets the ball inside the box on a nice pass from Collett.. Kelly shoots.. upper left corner.. great save by Poke.

45 minute mark: Pass from Surey to Kelly.. he dribbles between two defenders into the box... shoots for the lower left corner.. Poke dives.. tips it wide.

Halftime: Down 1-0.

60 minute mark: Kelly gets the ball 30 yards out.. feeds it between two defenders to Smyth in the left corner of the box.. Smyth shoots.. Poke blocks it.

62 minute mark: Palmer has a "4" for form! I'm putting in Davies for him. I also put in Baker for Wright who is tired.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

We outshot them 8-4 (3-2 on goal.)

Michael Poke wins MoM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post match info: Shepherd severely bruised his shoulder and will miss 2 weeks. Also, my physio thinks Smyth is exhausted and needs some time off
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #175
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

a 4 for form? time to come down like a pound of bricks (not a ton, that's if they do it again). Warn for poor performance?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 13th, 2007,

Today we face Dag & Red in the 3rd round of the FA Trophy. Dag & Red is in my conference and they are currently 10th. We've dropped to 3rd in the conference with our last loss. Dag & Red has been hit hard by injuries. They have lost striker Tony Boot to injury for most of the year. They have also had 3 midfielders hurt for most of the season. Their defense is strong. Tim Cole has been playing exceptionally well at centreback. Left fullback Shane Blackett has also played very well. Attacking midfielder, Mark Bentley has been their lone midfielder to remain healthy. He has played exceptionally well and has racked up 11 goals and 5 assists. Striker Chris Moore has 6 goals.

We beat them 3-0 in a league game earlier this year.

They are 5:4 favorites.

It's a wet muddy day with temperatures in the high 30's.

DC: Barnett (freshly back from injury just in time as we NEED him this game.)
DR: Morley (moves back to right fullback with Black and Shepherd hurt.)
SC: Farrell (I'm taking my physio's advice and sitting Smyth. I plan on resting him against weaker opponents the remainder of the year. Not that this is a weak team, but he needs rest now.)

Old 01-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #177
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu
there is some x-factor, since there are plenting of ratings (don't know how much but let's say 50-100 per player), when, as a researcher, you don't know about one you put 0, and the game will assign a random number to it.

of course there is also the potential rating that can be random too by giving it the value -1 or -2, -1 meaning a possible good player (let's say potential around 100-150 on a 200 scale) and -2 a possible future star (around 150-200). And I know Panoz (Italian Researcher, mister overrating in my opinion) use them a lot.

I think another x-factor is player movement. Like I saw that Saviola is on Arsenal in this game. That would definitely give them a boost.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: For the second time, Kelly gets Farrell the ball on the left edge of the box.. this time Farrell with a good shot.. keeper Stephen Henderson blocks it nicely... the defense clears.

11 minute mark: Farrell gets it at midfield.. decent pass for Palmer.. he has to go out of his way to get it a bit.. defender catching up to him.. Palmer shoots.. Henderson catches it.

35 minute mark: Scarsella saves a Bentley.. long kick to Palmer.. Palmer gets to it.. dribbles towards the right goal post.. crosses for Wright.. who heads it.. just wide into the left side netting.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We're dominating time of possession, but showing poor finishing so far.

55 minute mark: Chris Moore gets it at the right corner of the field.. he centers for Bentley.. Bentley and Scarsella both jump for it.. whistle.. Scarsella is called for pushing Bentley! Penalty shot awarded. Glen Southam steps up to take the penalty shot.. kicks it .. into the lower left corner.. Scarsella had no chance on a great kick. GOAL. Down 1-0.

68 minute mark: Kelly gets a pass from Surey.. dribbles past two men.. into the box.. shoots from 15 yards out.. towards the lower right corner.. inches wide.

70 minute mark: Kelly draws two defenders towards him just outside the box.. passes around them.. to Palmer.. shoots.. wide left.

I decide to rest Kelly and bring in Davies. Wright is very tired, so I bring in Baker.

80 minute mark: Their centrebacks continue to poke away good offensive efforts by Davies and Palmer.

86 minute mark: Collett crosses it for Davies.. Davies heads it.. into the crossbar. Farrell was flagged for being offsides anyway.

88 minute mark: Baker with a great cross for Davies.. Davies heads it.. Henderson barely manages to tip it over the bar.

Game over. 1-0 loss. We are out of the English FA Trophy.

We outshot them 14-6 (7-2 on goal.)

Stephen Henderson wins MoM with some big saves.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This loss has convinced me that it is time to see if I can bring in some cavalry. I decide to start making some loan offers for a good striker and a good Defender to bolster the troops as guys get tired.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

What the F*!$. Ray Houghton has just left Boston United 11th in League 2 to become manager of Barnet which is 13th in the English Conference. Talk about your backward moves.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 17th, 2007 -

We are currently in 3rd place (5 points out of 1st) and we are traveling to face 6th place Newport County. Newport's best two players Ceri Hughes and Lee Phillips are out injured this game. Keeper Jamie Speare has either been great or bad each game with 10 clean sheets and over 2 goals/game condeded in his other 16 starts. Striker Thomas Carroll has provided 7 goals and Carl Wilson-Denis has provided another 6 from alongside him.

We beat them 4-0 earlier in the year.

We are 4:6 favorites.

It's supposed to be sunny and in the mid 30's today.

DC: Wall (tired, but has to start with injuries to other guys)
DR: Morley
MR: Davies (Collett is baned for this game due to too many yellow cards)
SC: Smyth (this is an important game to stay in the top 5 and move closer to the top of table.)

S4: Farrell
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Davies with a nice pass to Palmer.. Palmer crosses for Smyth.. he heads it towards the center of the net.. Speare managed to push it over the bar.

18 minute mark: Palmer gets it at midfield.. great pass to Kelly.. he dribbles around two defenders.. into the box.. shoots for the lower right corner.. Speare dives.. tips it wide.

23 minute mark: Kelly trips Nathan Davies.. Davies looks hurt.. he can't go on. Game over for him.

40 minute mark: Wall intercepts an attack.. passes to Surey.. Surey passes across midfield to Kelly.. Kelly passes to Smyth.. Smyth dribbles into the left corner of the box.. shoots.. Speare partially blocks it.. it's trickling towards the goalline.. Centreback Gethin Jones clears it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Barnett has had a poor first half. Everyone else is playing well.

57 minute mark: Palmer gets it from Barnard at midfield.. Palmer dribbles around one guy.. past another defender.. around a third defender. into the box.. dribbles to his right.. shoots.. lower right corner.. it's past Speare.. GOAL!!!! What a goal! 1-0.

65 minute mark: Baker on for Wright who is tired.

77 minute mark: Carroll gets the ball inside the box.. great scoring opportunity.. Scarsella comes out to cut down the angle.. Carroll shoots.. lower right corner.. Scarsella makes a great play to get himself in front of the shot.

I'm glad a lack of subs made me keep Barnett in... he has turned it around in the 2nd half and played very well.

91 minute mark: Coates with a great corner kick to Carroll at the edge of the box.. Carroll with a booming shot for the upper left corner.. Scarsella dives.. tips it over the bar.. What a save!

Barnett does a great job of heading clear the ensuing corner.

Game over! 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 13-7 (7-3 on goal.)

Jamie Speare wins MoM.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The Physio states that Smyth, Wall, and Barnett all need some rest after this match. I want to rest them, and not burn them out, but I'm worried about sitting them.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 20th, 2007 -

We remain in 3rd place and 5 points out of 1st. Today, we host 21st place Crawley. They have been the victim of a combination of poor offense and poor defense. Striker Danny Marney is the only player to have played well recently and he is out with an injury. Right fullback, Matt Rees is their most consistent defender. Charlie MacDonald has scored 11 goals on the seasona and he is their most dangerous striker, but he has played poorly recently. Keeper Phil Smith has been average at best.

We beat them 4-1 earlier in the year.

We are 5:4 favorites.

It's going to be muddy with temperatures in the 40's.

Due to fatigue and injuries I will be resting several of my best players against this relatively weak team and hoping for the best..

DC: Morley (Barnett is tired and injured)
DC: Dunning (huge risk, but Wall is exhausted. I just have a gut feeling that Dunning will get by on determination.)
DR: Black (Back from injury just in time.)
SC: Davies (Smyth is exhausted and Farrell picked up a minor injury in practice)

S4: Hunter
S5: Foulkes (hoping to give the kid some PT if we get a big lead.)
Old 01-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Morley intercepts a ball in our box.. heads it to Palmer.. Palmer with a great 50 yard pass to Davies.. he puts it right on the number.. Davies turns on the jets.. great speed.. burning past the centrebacks.. 15 yards out.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Smith dives.. it's by him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minute mark: Dunning with a header to clear an offensive attack!

34 minute mark: Rees tackles Davies.. injures him.. Davies is in terrible pain. Hunter on for Davies.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We are dominating ball possession.

53 minute mark: Surey passes it to the right corner.. Palmer races to it.. crosses to Hunter at the far corner.. Hunter misses it.. races to the left corner to get to it.. crosses for Kelly in the box.. Rees pushes Kelly.. Whistle! Penalty shot awarded!

Barnard steps up for the shot.. shoots a hard powerful shot.. just to the right of the keeper.. and into the net.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

66 minute mark: Baker on for Wright.

80 minute mark: Foulkes on for Barnard.

85 minute mark: Collett steals it at midfield.. sends it down the right side of the field.. Palmer gets to it at the right edge of the box.. crosses to Kelly in the center of the box.. Kelly hits it on the half volley.. upper right corner.. keeper has no real good chance.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

87 minute mark: Foulkes heads away a pass.. sends it to Surey.. Surey passes to Kelly.. kelly passes to Palmer.. Hemsley trips Palmer.. Whistle... it's ruled just outside the box.. Yellow card for Hemsley.

Game over. Satisfying 3-0 win.

We outshot them 7-4 (5-0 on goal.)

Grant Black wins MoM, 16 of 35 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 16 interceptions.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn it! I'm putting a hit out on Rees. The Physio says that Davies has had his hip dislocated. He will be out for at least 4-5 months.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 21st, 2007 -

Stockport County (21st in League 1) has just fired Sammy Mcllroy. A TV reporter appeared at our facility today and asked me how I felt being the likely replacement. He asked how I would like working with Jamaican superstar Richard Langley. This all came out of left field and shocked me. I thought about saying no comment, but decided to say, "I think Langley is a very talented player, but I'm happy managing Harrogate and have no plans to leave the team."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-05-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 23rd, 2007 -

Mr. Fotherby announced to the media that he is thrilled that I've reaffirmed my committment to the club and that he sees a long career ahead of me. He believes I will be able to take the team to great heights.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 24th, 2006 -

Peterborough United has fired Barry Fry. That same TV reporter appeared at the team facility and approached me after practice. He informs me that most experts believe that I will be the top choice for the job. The club is currently in 16th place in league 1. He tells me that they have several very talented players including Irish Centreback Patrick McCarthy who has 3 U21 caps and is considered to be a rising star. He asks me for a comment on my interest in the job. I reply, "I'm flattered to be considered a front runner for these jobs, but I don't think it is fair to speculate on these matters. I plan on staying at Harrogate for the forseeable future."
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #190
Desnudo
Coordinator

"They have been the victim of a combination of poor offense and poor defense."

At least they are consistent from front to back.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 27th, 2007 -

We are currently in 3rd place. We are now only 3 points out of 1st place. We are 2/3 of the way through the season with 14 games to go. We are now facing the dangerous 5th place Woking on their pitch. Woking has been winning due to the dynamic duo of Stevie Ferguson and Amos Foyewa who each have 15 goals from the striker position. Left winger Steve Evans has set up many of those goals and has also contributed 6 goals of his own. If the defense was more consistent, they would likely be at the top of the table. Keeper, Lee Harrison, has been brilliant in some games. He has 12 clean sheet games. However, he has given up 41 goals in his other 19 appearances. Hopefully, we can catch him on an off night.

We tied them 2-2 at home earlier in the year.

They are even odds favorites.

It's supposed to be sunny today with temperatures in the mid 60's.

SC: Smyth (well rested now)

S2: Baker (becomes my top right and left wing sub with Davies hurt.. I might try him some at AMC as well)
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Ferguson gets it at midfield.. dribbles out towards the left sideline.. dribbles up the left sideline.. great speed.. he burns Black.. crosses for Foyewa.. Foyewa has it wide open inside the box.. shoots.. Scarsella does a great job to get in front of it and block it.. Barnett clears the rebound.

14 minute mark: Woking is dominating us.. they earn a corner kick as Scarsella barely tips a Tiesse shot over the bar. Scarsella manages to punch the corner kick out of danger.

19 minute mark: Surey finally ignites our attack.. great pass to Smyth.. Smyth takes it into the left edge of the box.. defender in front of him.. he passes to kelly by the right post.. intercepted by Liam Cockerill who clears it.

40 minute mark: Evans dribbles it up the left wing.. crosses for Foyewa, Barnett heads it clear before it can reach Foyewa at the last second.

45 minute mark: Smyth gets it at the left corner.. centers for Kelly.. Kelly has a good look.. Karl Murray manages to get in front of Kelly's shot and deflect it wide of the net. Great play by the defender.

Halftime: 0-0.

47 minute mark: Kelly gets it at midfield.. plays a perfect through ball for Palmer.. really nice.. Palmer gets to it.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. Harrison with a great diving catch. Nice save.

68 minute mark: Smyth gets the ball at midfield after Wall heads it to him.. Smyth dribbles a few steps.. fires a pass to Palmer at the right corner of the box.. great pass.. Palmer dribbles into the box.. 1-1 with the keeper.. shoots for the upper left corner.. Harrison blocks it. Cockerill clears it.

78 minute mark: MacDonald steals a pass intended for Palmer in the box.. Kelly looks frustrated.. MacDonald with a long pass to Evans.. Evans heads it into the box nicely for Foyewa. Foyewa takes two steps to his left.. shoots for the lower left corner.. Scarsella dives.. deflects it.. but it still goes into the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

Baker on for Wright. Atkins on for Surey.

91 minute mark: Atkins gets a pass from Barnard.. Atkins with a nice pass to Kelly.. Kelly dribbles into the box.. shoots.. Harrison barely tips it wide.

92 minute mark: Baker gets it on the left wing.. plays a through ball into the box.. he hit it a little hard.. it goes to the keeper who easily collects it.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

We outshot them 11-10 (5-4 on goal in our favor)

Lee Harrison wins MoM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 28th, 2007 -

Today Brighton's manager Mark McGhee was fired. That darn reporter is persistent. He was there at the office today to interview me. He said that I'm clearly their top candidate and they are hoping I will bring Mark Smyth with me. They have a generous transfer budget. He also mentions they have the very talented Adam Virgo at DC. They are currently 24th in league 1. The reporter asked me for my comment on my interest in the job.

I have to admit this job is somewhat tempting, but I will remain true to my club. I tell the reporter that I'm not going anywhere.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 30th, 2007 -

We are currently in 3rd place. We are 5 points behind leader Scarborough. We host Forest Green today, and they have been absolutely horrible. They are last in the conference and will almost certainly be relegated. They have 1 win on the year. Their defense has a little bit of skill, but their offense is absolutely anemic. They have 16 league goals in 29 games. Keeper Danny Greaves has played well at times, but he is the only one on the team who seems to be giving maximal effort every night. The leading scorer is Ben Cleverley who has 3 goals.

Reflecting back, somewhat embarassingly, we gave up 2 of those 16 league goals in our last match with them. We tied them 2-2.

Furthermore, they are 4:5 favorites!

It's going to be wet and cold today with temperatures in the mid 30's.

DC: Morley (Barnett needs rest)
DC: Shepherd (Wall needs rest)
SC: Smyth (is still in good shape.. I consider resting him, but decide we need this win too bad and he is not in need of rest.)

S3: Atkins (despite total lack of speed, played good last game.. I might give him a bit more time this game.)
Old 01-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

28 minute mark: Darren Davies slides two footed into Collett.. referee blows his whistle.. calls Davies over.. Red Card! He is out of here.

33 minute mark: Palmer gets the ball in the right corner of the field.. centers a pass to the far post.. Smyth and Greaves are there.. Greaves outjumps him and punches the ball.. right to Wright in the box! Wright shoots.. lower right corner.. wide open net.. just inside the post.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead.

55 minute mark: Smyth gets it in the left corner.. centers for Kelly.. Kelly shoots.. nice block by Greaves.. Palmer gets the rebound.. wide OPEN net.. shoots.. hits the crossbar! Matthew Gadsby clears the rebound.

58 minute mark: Smyth is tired. Farrell on for him. Collett looks like he is limping from that earlier tackle that caused the red card. I decide to put Baker in for him.

75 minute mark: Atkins on for Surey.

91 minute mark: Kelly gets the ball just outside the box.. draws two defenders.. passes between them to Farrell in the left side of the box.. Farrell shoots.. Greaves saves it. Nice save!

Game over. 1-0 win.

We outshot them 17-3 (9-1 on goal)

Danny Greaves wins MoM
Old 01-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We are now only 3 points out of 1st place. My physio thinks 4 different guys need rest: Barnard, Wright, Palmer, and Smyth. I don't have a game for 10 days and I decide that our next opponent is too good to rest most of these guys. Hopefully, I don't damage these guys long term, but we need to win now. If they start deteriorating, I'll pick up some new guys.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 31st, 2007 -

NO! Today Black strained his quadriceps in practice. He will miss around 2 weeks.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 AM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 1st, 2007 -

Scarborough's Tommy Coyne won English Conference Manager of the Month with 5 wins in his last 7 games.

John Cunningham of Dag & Red came in 2nd, John Keeley of Kidderminster came in 3rd.

Hornchurch's Lee Matthews won Player of the Month. Mark Bentley of Dag & Red came in 2nd. Keith Gilroy of Scarborough came in 3rd.

Stevenage's Owen Price won young player of the month. Alex Tiesse of Woking came in 2nd. Charlie Taylor of Hornchurch came in 3rd.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 7th, 2007 -

Benjamin Collett made English Conference Team of the Week.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb. 10th, 2007 -

Today we are in 3rd place. We are 3 points behind the leader. Today we host 7th placed Burton. They are fighting to work their way into the playoffs. Burton's Robbie Talbot has been a beast with 17 goals and 6 assists. He has played very well, and has been a major factor in the team's success. He is an extremely dangerous striker. Darren Stride is an above average centreback who has played very well this year. Left wing Aaron Webster has also played well this year. Keeper Neil Thomas has an impressive 15 clean sheets on the year.

We tied them 0-0 earlier in the year.

They are 4:6 favorites.

It's going to be muddy with temperatures in the high 40's.

DR: Morley (has to play with Black's injury)
SC: Smyth (This game is too important to rest him.)
SC: Palmer (Ditto.)

S3: Atkins (surprisingly solid in limited action in the last 2 games.)