Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2003, 08:35 PM   #151
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

The People's Republic of Vegastonia
"If you don't like it here leave!"

The People's Republic of Vegastonia is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 14%. A substantial private sector is led by the Soda Sales industry, followed by Information Technology and Pizza Delivery.

Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vegastonia's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:38 PM   #152
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer
The Commonwealth of Michatoria
"Home of the worldest largest squid trade market in the world!"

UN Category: Moralistic Democracy
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Good Political Freedoms: Average

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 40%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.

Voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Michatoria's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.

Michatoria is ranked 16,391st in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.

Jeez...I have a 40% tax rate. I feel like Sweden or one of the other Scanadania nations.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #153
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer
The Commonwealth of Michatoria

Heh, glancing at this quickly it looked like "The Commonwealth of Mitochondria".
Old 09-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #154
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Could be worse, could be the Midichlorians!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM   #155
tucker342
Pro Starter

The Republic of AJ Tucker
"Puff, puff pass"

UN Category: Left-wing Utopia
Civil Rights: Superb Economy: Fragile Political Freedoms: Superb

The Republic of AJ Tucker is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 45%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Furniture Restoration industry.

Crime is well under control. AJ Tucker's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the tuck.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #156
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One thing I wonder, if everybody's free to do what they want with their bodies.. who supplies the weed if Business is regulated to a mess ?
Old 09-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #157
mckerney
Coordinator

Am I the only one with no income tax?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:16 AM   #158
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The Rogue Nation of Ravnoria
"Who wears short shorts?"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Below Average Economy: Good Political Freedoms: Average

The Rogue Nation of Ravnoria is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning raven population. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The enormous government concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Healthcare and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 28%. A large private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, followed by Trout Farming and Furniture Restoration.

Crime is moderate. Ravnoria's national animal is the raven, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the starqual.

Hahah . . . Ok, what do I do now. I'm sure I'll figure it out after a couple of million deaths.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:35 AM   #159
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Am I the only one with no income tax?

I only have three percent...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:48 AM   #160
mckerney
Coordinator

Three percent!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #161
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

"In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Hattrickism's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that midfielders could be added to the menu."

If you play hattrick, you might find this pretty funny.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:03 AM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

"The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out."

Ahh there we go thats better...

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #163
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Made a thread over at NationStates

Click Me!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #164
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
"In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Hattrickism's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that midfielders could be added to the menu."

If you play hattrick, you might find this pretty funny.

That is quite funny. Quite a lot of work for the player with the "head" specialty

FM
Old 09-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #165
Franklinnoble
Banned

Their bulletin board software sucks... but I'll make inane posts there, too, just to bring a little FOFC flavor to the uncultured swine at NationStates.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:31 AM   #166
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I've only got a 6% flat tax.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #167
Franklinnoble
Banned

Our thread got locked.

What the hell for?
Old 09-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #168
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Our thread got locked.

What the hell for?

Insane posts?
Old 09-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #169
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven Hawk
Insane posts?

Who said sanity was a requirement to post on the internet?
Old 09-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #170
Franklinnoble
Banned

I've ressurected the FOFC thread in their "General" forum... somebody bring the peanut butter - the Crawfish are getting restless.

FOFC Thread at NationStates
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM   #171
vex
Grizzled Veteran

These people just don't know us. Once they really get to know us, then yeah, maybe THEN there would be a reason to lock one of our threads
Old 09-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #172
Swaggs
Coordinator

If they make fun of the colossal squid, it's on!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #173
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My issue of the day :

SirFozzie Decides:
Refugees Want To Call SirFozzie Home
The Issue

After several bloody conflicts in nearby regions, a stream of asylum-seekers and refugees has been spotted heading for SirFozzie's shores.
The Debate

1. "Some of these people have endured terrible hardships to reach our borders," says International Red Cross spokesperson George W. Jefferson. "We must welcome these unfortunates with open arms. Let the world see that SirFozzie does not turn its back on those in need!"
[Accept]

2. "These grasping freeloaders will swamp our culture and traditions!" argues talk-radio host Hope King. "First they want welfare, next thing you know they're taking our jobs -- and you know they won't bother to learn our language. I say charity begins at home -- and this isn't their home. This is the world's problem, not ours."
[Accept]

3. Economics Professor Jazz Dodinas offers an alternative. "There is no question that we have to help those who reach out to us in their darkest hour. But on the other hand, we cannot help everybody. So let's just take the ones who are willing to keep our streets clean and our drains flowing in return for a subsistence wage."
[Accept]

I take option 3. Strange how many Potato Farmers want a new life in a SANE nation, eh Coffee?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:16 PM   #174
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie

1. "Some of these people have endured terrible hardships to reach our borders," says International Red Cross spokesperson George W. Jefferson. "We must welcome these unfortunates with open arms. Let the world see that SirFozzie does not turn its back on those in need!"

THAT does NOT sound like something George Jefferson would ever say! (unless George W. is a different Jefferson altogether).
Old 09-25-2003, 01:37 PM   #175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie

I take option 3. Strange how many Potato Farmers want a new life in a SANE nation, eh Coffee?

I shall hunt down all those who wish to escape my fields. They are my little playthings.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:44 PM   #176
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

LOL.. you guys are INSANE over on the NationStates boards.

They're going to ban us all, you know that?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:59 PM   #177
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Very few have a sense of humor, I will say that. But then again, what do you expect on a political forum.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:36 PM   #178
The_herd
College Starter

Back Stabbers's national animal is the snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation...

Take that you tree huggers!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:59 PM   #179
heybrad
Norm!!!

A little late to the party as usual, but....

The People's Republic of Heybrad
"Conspiracies Abound"

UN Category: Right-wing Utopia
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Very Strong Political Freedoms: Excellent

The People's Republic of Heybrad is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.

The small government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7%. A large private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.

Crime is a serious problem. Heybrad's national animal is the box turtle and its currency is the puck.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:27 PM   #180
heybrad
Norm!!!

I received this interesting telegram shortly after signing up...

all new nations at our request,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Confederation of Gustafo.

I would like to request your membership in our region. We currently have many members ranging from tiny to huge. We hope to form a base of smaller members from which we can grow together as a region, of course larger regions are welcome to, and when sufficiently grown, begin actively participating in world politics with size to back us up

Should you be interested in joining our region, either reply to this telegram or to our founder and leading nation, the Confederation of Gustafo.

Your presence would be much appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. I would hate to see such a small nation wiped out this quickly. it is time ,we want you

With the highest regards,
Das Furer Timothy Ellison
"In war we trust"-the password is "hitler"
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:34 PM   #181
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We meed to blow them up
Old 09-25-2003, 06:50 PM   #182
CAsterling
High School JV

The Dictatorship of CAsterling
"Do unto others before they do unto you"

UN Category: Iron Fist Consumerists
Civil Rights: Outlawed Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Dictatorship of CAsterling is a tiny, pleasant nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

The tiny, corrupt, moralistic government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A substantial private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, followed by Basket Weaving and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Crime is a problem. CAsterling's national animal is the jackal and its currency is the sterling
Old 09-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #183
mckerney
Coordinator

as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.

Excellent, they're learning to police themselves.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:37 PM   #184
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by heybrad
its currency is the puck.
You need to change the currency to the "brad". So, y'know, when the citizens get their paycheck, they can properly say their "hey, brad!"
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:53 AM   #185
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2 days in a row as #1... Feel the power!

Old 09-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #186
Franklinnoble
Banned

I couldn't resist...

I Feel Like A Thread Killer...

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 09-26-2003 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:37 AM   #187
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I couldn't resist...

Uh oh. I have a feeling we're going to get Burninated...
Old 09-26-2003, 11:39 AM   #188
RendeR
Coordinator

I am soliciting input from UN members on the current "No Rights" Act. I want to get as much input from you as possible before I enter my vote.

Remember that when I vote, as the UN delegate I get 1 vote for myself along with 1 vote for each of the UN members in FOFC.

All UN Members can also cast their individual votes on their own, make yourself heard, VOTE!

Rendland
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:46 AM   #189
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Armed Republic of PotatoFarmers simply tell our people that they have no rights. We do not care for all of the wording of this bill, however nothing in it appears to try to give my workers any freedoms that they do not deserve. We will support this bill in the effort to further spread the proper mindset through the rest of the UN.

Old 09-26-2003, 11:56 AM   #190
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I say AGAINST because of these two articles:

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don’t be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don’t be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won’t have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

I'm more for making the guillotine the regional lethal device.

Last edited by vex : 09-26-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #191
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Then again, I'm open to changing that if any of the nations endorsing me think differently.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #192
Franklinnoble
Banned

Good point... I'd like to have the right to physically harm people.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:22 PM   #193
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I couldn't resist...

Huurah! My life has meaning again....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #194
KWhit
Coordinator

The Dictatorship of KWhit
"Do you really want to hurt me?"

UN Category: Father Knows Best State
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Reasonable Political Freedoms: Few

The Dictatorship of KWhit is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The large government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 23%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Furniture Restoration industry.

Crime is moderate. KWhit's national animal is the colossal squid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kwhit.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #195
Castlerock
High School Varsity

I urge a 'No' vote.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:29 PM   #196
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Endorse this and do it now.

Lock and Key
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament Strength: Significant Proposed by: HFPland

Description: All UN countries must agree to begin disarming programs and begin to turn in all current weapons and weapon technologies to the beautiful nation of HFPland for inspection and safekeeping.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: Mon Sep 29 2003

That is all. Page 14.
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #197
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Sure, sure I'll agree to that HFP
Old 09-26-2003, 12:48 PM   #198
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah. You go first, HFP.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:49 PM   #199
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Well, he has to be a regional delegate first.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:53 PM   #200
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not so sure about HFP's propsal, but the one below should pass in a heartbeat:

Fdsafdsa
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental Industry Affected: Automobile Manufacturing Proposed by: Shteynbuk
Description: free prostitution!!!!!!

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: Mon Sep 29 2003