Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2001, 12:22 PM   #151
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

There is one in Bangor and several in the Cleveland area.

At Hiram, I had a prof who worked his way through U of Chicago working at a pizza place. He made us a deep dish spinach pizza--the best I have ever had!!
Old 03-23-2001, 12:55 PM   #152
Daimyo
College Starter

I've heard the Pizzeria Uno "franchises" aren't very good compared to the real one in downtown Chicago, but I never tried one so i don't know... We do have a Giordano's franchise in Evanston (and all around Chicagoland I think) and I know its pretty awesome... especially on Mondays when all pizza is half price!!
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 01:00 PM   #153
Wilzone
n00b

Thumbs down

Since when did this turn into the pizza thread?

I think calzones have rights too...
Old 03-23-2001, 01:07 PM   #154
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilzone:

Well, there is also a Pizzeria Uno in Georgetown (in DC; at least a couple years back) and in Williamsburg, VA...

Haven't seen any Calzoneria Unos around, Wilzone... Sorry...

------------------
Speaking as a Cubs fan, let me be the first to say...

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 01:20 PM   #155
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:

Didn't we have a talk earlier about people turning perfectly good threads into calzone discussions?

(Ah, I ain't mad at you Wilzone...who can stay mad at such a tasty snack? )
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 01:21 PM   #156
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz:
I though ALL the games were sold out. I assumed you had "connections", or season tickets, or a friend with season tickets.

Well, Fritz I do have connections. As a matter of fact I am now going to the game on April 7. As of five minutes ago . . .

Can't afford season tickets yet . .. but that is a goal of mine.

I have a lot of friends that get tickets all the time . . .so do I for that matter.

However, I usually don't know until a few days before the game.

Actually, that is how I scored tickets to two browns' games this year--although I wisely passed on the season finale against Tennessee.
Old 03-23-2001, 01:27 PM   #157
Da Bears Fan
Mascot

Quote:

Yeah, this thread was about C-Town's lovelife. Geez!
Old 03-23-2001, 01:27 PM   #158
QuikSand
lolzcat

Giordano's pizza is really something special. Worth the trip to Chi-town, even if you don't catch Sue.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 01:48 PM   #159
Wilzone
n00b

I can actually see why this thread turned into a pizza discussion though. Think about how boring his story is. No wild and crazy sex. No dirty talk. No discussions of booze, drugs, or handcuffs. His "nice guy" routine was boring us to death and pizza actually became a more exciting topic. I just wish calzones could have been included. I apologize for including the calzone but he hadn't been heard from in a while.

Wilzone
Old 03-23-2001, 01:56 PM   #160
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Wilzone,

There is a place called Calz in Norfolk. Unfortuately the sell chicken wings.
----

You have to wonder if this woman went back to her place after the date, looked at her room mate and said "there was No wild and crazy sex. No dirty talk. No discussions of booze, drugs, or handcuffs. His nice guy routine was boring me to death. A pizza would be more interesting. Want to order a pie?"
Old 03-23-2001, 02:08 PM   #161
Wilzone
n00b

You really do have to wonder, Fritz.

Oh...to have been a fly on the wall in her apartment when she arrived home. Then we would know the truth...whoops...I forgot that flies are incapable of communicating with humans. Well at least the fly would know.

I'm sure she was disappointed that he didn't at least mention anything about handcuffs. I thought that was standard conversation on a first date. Maybe that's why the girl gave me the Dominoes number.
Old 03-23-2001, 03:13 PM   #162
simms34

Since we're talking about Pizza, maybe some of the other DC folk can back me up on this.

For my money, the best pizza I've ever had was at Bugsy's (nee "The Penalty Box" -- I think it also used to be an Armand's) in Old Town Alexandria. It's a dinky little place on King St. that was primarily a sports bar upstairs, but the restaurant downstairs had the most unbelieveable pizza. We used to eat there just about every Sunday for their all-you-can-eat buffet, but none of the friends or relatives I took there ever left their meal with quite the same sense of enthusiasm. They thought it was pretty damn good, but always stopped short of calling it the "best."

Anybody else really like their pizza, or is it just me?

FWIW, Pizzeria Uno in G-Town or Bertucci's (if you're into Italian pizza from a wood-burning oven) in Old Town or Tyson's Corner came a close second. But I always went back to Bugsy's.....

There's just nothing here that really compares.

------------------
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
--Bill Peterson, football coach

[This message has been edited by simms34 (edited 03-23-2001).]
Old 03-23-2001, 03:29 PM   #163
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Uno's = bad pizza.
Old 03-23-2001, 03:30 PM   #164
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Not to bring this back to the original subject matter

But I think she is playing waiting games with me!

Anyhow, I sent her an email when I got up this morning telling her what a wonderful time I had, ans asking to see if she wanted to get together this weekend.

I have yet to hear back. What kind of student doesn't check their email at least once during the day?
Old 03-23-2001, 03:44 PM   #165
Da Bears Fan
Mascot

she might have checked it, but was running late and didn't have the time to reply with an appropriate message.

Think positive and expect a call later!

Besides, don't get too anxious too quickly, don't want to come on too strong.

A candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long...

And as a warning, I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but I am sure it can be related to something within this reply....

and when did I move over 400 posts?
Old 03-23-2001, 03:51 PM   #166
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally posted by Ctown-Fan:
I have yet to hear back. What kind of student doesn't check their email at least once during the day?

I want to echo Da Bears Fan's good advice--don't get too anxious too early. If you call/email really soon after your dates (like the next day when it's a non-um-physical date) you're going to seem obsessive. She's not playing waiting games--she's either not around, or she wants to wait a bit to see if you're as psycho as you're starting to come off . Just DON'T appear obsessed--interested and obsessed are two different countries, my friend, and the penalty for crossing the border is usually death.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 03:51 PM   #167
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Not to bring this back to the original subject matter

But I think she is playing waiting games with me!

Anyhow, I sent her an email when I got up this morning telling her what a wonderful time I had, ans asking to see if she wanted to get together this weekend.

I dunno C-town, I would of let her make the next move. Don't worry, maybe she has things to do, just don't try to read into things it makes it worse.

BTW I got a strange e-mail today, from www.CrushLink.com

Somebody has a "crush" on me and the used the above website to send me an e-mail saying I have a secret admirer. The give me like a number for this e-mail. They say if I enter this # I can find out who it is.

So I go to the website, put in the #, and hope to find out who it is. You must first make a list of who you think it is. If one of them is the people who sent it, then you find out. If not, those people get the same e-mail as you did, "You have a secret admirere..."

I am curious who this person is. I am feeling my friends are playign a joke on me, which it kinda funny if they do, but Ido think it could be a few girls. I do not want to put them in the list because it seems like I would have a crush on them, but I don't. I guess I will never know. I thought the internet made these things easy.
Here is the link to whay crushlink is all about. http://www.crushlink.com/about.php3

BTW it might be that chick from ZanesvillE!
Old 03-23-2001, 04:06 PM   #168
Wilzone
n00b

Simms - Never been to that place but my girlfriend lives off of King St. so I'll have to have HER take ME there.

C-Town - While I've veered slightly off-topic again, I have also stayed on-topic. Notice my use of caps. She will take me there. I am in command right now in this relationship.....who am I kidding? I'll stop by the pizza place on the way to her house, get one large with everything that she likes on it and bring it to her door. What is my point? Like the dominoes story, I don't know what my point is. Oh yeah, my point is that pizza is the devil. That is why I like calzones. And don't get too involved too early, or you'll end up a confused mess like me. Sorry, it has been a long day.....

Wilzone
Have a good weekend!!!
Old 03-23-2001, 04:16 PM   #169
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:

Oh yeah, my point is that pizza is the devil.

Ok Mr. Boucher

---
Ctown, stop being nurotic. Look at it this way, if she does not call you that will be one less person to laugh at your penis.
Old 03-23-2001, 04:19 PM   #170
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Look at it this way, if she does not call you that will be one less person to laugh at your penis.

It could be worse...they could shreik. Although I guess that could be a good thing too.

One time - at band camp...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 04:21 PM   #171
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Monty Burns: "Thank you for not making fun of my genitalia."

Marge: "I thought I did."

------------------
"Will teach for TCY"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 12:44 AM   #172
Morgado
High School JV

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by simms34:
For my money, the best pizza I've ever had was at Bugsy's (nee "The Penalty Box" -- I think it also used to be an Armand's) in Old Town Alexandria.

My sister and I went down to Old Town Alexandria once to hunt down a comic shop that was located there. I'm guessing the place you're talking about is the crowded restaurant that had the biker gang outside... about halfway down the main street. I think I might go check it out since I still have two days on my Short Rail pass...

There is a Pizzeria Uno in Georgetown a few blocks from the main campus and there is also one upstairs in Union Station. I've only eaten at the Georgetown location once because i'm never in Georgetown (except at my sister's graduation - the only time I ate there). Me, my sister, and her roommate used to always eat at the Union Station one though. Somehow I always ended up eating the barbecue chicken thin crust pizza even though I never ordered it (my sister always dumped about three pieces on me because it was too big for her).

------------------
The 64 Dollar Question: What *is* The FOF Journal?
Somebody set up us the draft bust.
Old 03-24-2001, 03:04 AM   #173
Anthony
Banned

Lightbulb

i took such a nasty smelling shit before it was obscene.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 10:59 AM   #174
Passacaglia
Coordinator

If we're talking Old Town Alexandria, there's a great place there called Bilbo Baggins. As if the name wasn't cool enough, the food is great, too! Kind of costly, but worth it, in my opinion!

------------------
"Will teach for TCY"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:06 PM   #175
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Fritz -> SOL = shit outta luck

Ed's a pretty good show, although sometimes his weenie tendencies are a little hard to believe.
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 05:21 PM   #176
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by OldSchool:
Fritz -> SOL = shit outta luck

I was trying to bait a new line of conversation. I know all about being SOL.
Old 03-24-2001, 06:26 PM   #177
simms34

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgado:
I'm guessing the place you're talking about is the crowded restaurant that had the biker gang outside... about halfway down the main street. I think I might go check it out since I still have two days on my Short Rail pass...

I've never seen any bikers in or around Bugsy's, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same place. "Bugsy" is actually a former NHL hockey player (primarily w/ the Canadiens), and all in all the atmosphere is nice, whether you're up or downstairs. The restaurant is about a half a block north of the Torpedo Factory, so it's pretty close to the waterfront. Not sure if that qualifies as "half way down the main street."

------------------
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
--Bill Peterson, football coach
Old 03-25-2001, 01:52 AM   #178
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

C-Town, what's up? Did she call you back? Did you call her and spoil the whole "game"? Out with the goods, man!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 11:22 AM   #179
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Well, there really isn't an update at this point. I sent her the email on friday and have yet to hear back from her.

My thought is this . . . I will wait until thursday. If I haven't gotten an email or call by then, I will call her.

Persistent, but not crazy
Old 03-25-2001, 02:18 PM   #180
FishFan
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by petrochile:
BTW I got a strange e-mail today, from www.CrushLink.com

Somebody has a "crush" on me and the used the above website to send me an e-mail saying I have a secret admirer. The give me like a number for this e-mail. They say if I enter this # I can find out who it is.

I got this same email, too. You didn't put me on your list, did you?

What makes it more weird? I'm married.
FishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 05:23 AM   #181
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

bump - because I am married and this thread is quite a diversion.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:07 AM   #182
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Ok Fritz,

You read the scenario. When we last parted, on thursday, I got positive feedback that there would be a second date. I sent the email, but have received no response.

How long do I wait until I call?
Old 03-26-2001, 08:13 AM   #183
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

well, considering my habit of dating law students . . . the future looks good

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nyt/200...tudents_1.html
Old 03-26-2001, 08:20 AM   #184
Da Bears Fan
Mascot

I say Wednesday. Enough time to make it look like you were somewhat busy those other days, and not sitting next to the phone waiting for a phone call.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:23 AM   #185
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Ok Fritz,

How long do I wait until I call?

(I had this big long message full of my life's philosophy and canned it for this. If you want a longer version e-mail me direct.)

Just call her later today.

She may be dodging you, or may just have some other reason for not getting with you. She may not read her e-mail all that often.

If she wants to out with you again it will not matter that you both e-mailed and called, and if she does not want another date you will know soon enough.

The only place you may face a problem is if she has some "baggage" unknown to you that deals with persistence.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:48 AM   #186
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

You know what, I am going to subscribe to the theory that I usually follow.

Life is to short to screw around with games.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:31 AM   #187
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
You know what, I am going to subscribe to the theory that I usually follow.

Life is to short to screw around with games.

I wouldn't say it's a game yet. Maybe her dog got sick and she went home. Or maybe she went out of town with her girlfriends. Maybe she wised up and decided there are too many lawyers in this country already and took the weekend to figure out that she wanted to go to clown school. Who knows? I say wait until Tuesday. That will give her a chance to call you today, and you won't look like a stalker. Whatcha think?
Old 03-26-2001, 10:11 AM   #188
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71:
Maybe she wised up and decided there are too many lawyers in this country already and took the weekend to figure out that she wanted to go to clown school.ctown emphasis

That would be awesome. I would propose on the spot. Well, maybe not but it would be really cool.

You have a point, but I don't know. I am really waffling on the issue.

[This message has been edited by Ctown-Fan (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old 03-26-2001, 10:49 AM   #189
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

C-town I would wait until tomorrow or Wed. Like people have mentioned before she could be busy, or just hasn't checked her e-mail.

She might be playing games, who knows, but I do agree with you life is too short to play games, unless it is FOF, or TCY!

Man, this is reaching close to 200 posts. Wow!
Old 03-26-2001, 12:08 PM   #190
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz:
If you want a longer version e-mail me direct.

Are you trying to teach me a life lesson? Or was that your point

Old 03-26-2001, 12:20 PM   #191
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Are you trying to teach me a life lesson? Or was that your point

I am a Jedi Master.

To Quote a webpage once written about me by a former student assistant "Fritz = Love."

I had quite the following.
Old 03-26-2001, 01:02 PM   #192
The David Reborn
n00b

Do NOT call until atleast Wednesday. I would recommend Thursday. No reason, I just follow my gut feeling in stuff like this. My gut definately says Thursday.
The David Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 01:19 PM   #193
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by The David Reborn:
Do NOT call until atleast Wednesday. I would recommend Thursday. No reason, I just follow my gut feeling in stuff like this. My gut definately says Thursday.

My gut speaks louder. It is bigger than yours.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:29 PM   #194
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:

Less red meat and more vegetables might help cure this problem Although Beno would definatly help.

Oh yeah, lay off the miller light and colby cheese combo--that is a killer.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:08 PM   #195
The David Reborn
n00b

Quote:

There is only one way to find out - navel depth

CTown - A discussion about your love life has turned into two guys talking about their guts. I hope this isn't a trend for you. That would suck.
The David Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 09:10 PM   #196
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Haha! Hey! My car keys!
Old 03-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #197
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by The David Reborn:
There is only one way to find out - navel depth

There shall be NO discussion of the military in this thread

------------------
"I should write myself a reminder."
Old 03-27-2001, 06:13 AM   #198
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Ctown

Call 1 800 ANXIETY and talk to a specialist TODAY about removing [this] stress from your life.

[This message has been edited by Fritz (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 09:17 AM   #199
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Well, you are justing framing me as Woody Allen here. I am much taller and heavier than he is--however in the 70's he did get a lot of booty, didn't he?

Hmmm, maybe that is the route I should go . .

------------------
"I should write myself a reminder."
Old 03-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #200
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Well, you are justing framing me as Woody Allen here. I am much taller and heavier than he is--however in the 70's he did get a lot of booty, didn't he?

Hmmm, maybe that is the route I should go . .

Would they let a single male adopt a daughter?

Critch is offline   Reply With Quote