Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #101
larrymcg421
Head Coach

To give credit to Boise St., Petersen clearly wasn't happy with the action of his player there. He's scolding him even before the punch.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #102
molson
General Manager

Coming in as neutral fan (maybe leaning towards Oregon), and deducting for the 1st-game sloppiness you can expect, I think Boise St looked fine and Oregon was a disaster. Boise St should have won this game by a lot more, and sloppiness can be fixed.

LeGarrette Blount has to be gone for good, what an embarrassment to the school. The Boise St player was surely a punk as well, he he should probably sit out the next game

Last edited by molson : 09-04-2009 at 08:48 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #103
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Good article about Blaine Gabbert for the Mizzou fans...........

Gabbert stepping into Missouri quarterback spotlight - Columbia Missourian

As the article says, he's no Chase Daniel. He's 6'4", 235 lbs. and was the #1 QB in the nation coming out of HS. No pressure.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #104
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I think Blount should be gone for the rest of the year. I hate to say that because I believe in second, third and fourth chances. However the totality of his actions really are shocking. Yes, he threw a punch. He was also prepared to throw more if someone else approached him. He also tried to go into the stands, and finally finally was beyond the control of his teammates, his coaching staff, or even the police. His actions went far beyond the emotions of the game IMO.

He also shoved an Boise St. Coach, and his own teammate. This wasn't a second of losing himself, he's basically a dangerous, wild dog.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #105
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
He also shoved an Boise St. Coach, and his own teammate. This wasn't a second of losing himself, he's basically a dangerous, wild dog.

...who also backpedaled like crazy after throwing a sucker punch.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #106
Blade6119
Coordinator

He has to wear those ugly ass Oregon jerseys, isnt that punishment enough?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #107
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

... You definitely need to work on your language skills.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #108
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
... You definitely need to work on your language skills.

You're right, I shouldn't have capitalized the "C" in coach.

Last edited by molson : 09-04-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #109
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

The Boise player is a asshat who should have never smack Blount's jersey/pad. That being said I hope Blount is kicked of the team for that behavior because he could have started a riot.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #110
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
You're right, I shouldn't have capitalized the "C" in coach.

You know what I'm talking about so I won't entertain it anymore with you.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #111
molson
General Manager

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about so I won't entertain it anymore with you.

I know, you're calling me a racist, which is what you do (without actually saying it). Like how we were all racist in the Micahel Vick thread for criticizing him.

For what it's worth (nothing to a bigot like you), the player who lost his mind in a high school game last year in Idaho (white) and punched out his coach, and was charged with a felony, also acted like a wild dog.

I really, really, have no tolerance for a human being losing control of themselves physically like an animal and putting other people in danger. I really don't care what race he is. It's a personal characteristic, not a racial one. Some humans are just closer to animals than others. That's what it is - animalistic. A human being should be able to control themselves physically. A punch is an unfortuante mistake, when it goes on for 10 minutes its something worse.

Last edited by molson : 09-04-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #112
wade moore
lolzcat

CARD ALERT! CARD ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #113
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
The Boise player is a asshat who should have never smack Blount's jersey/pad. That being said I hope Blount is kicked of the team for that behavior because he could have started a riot.

Agreed here. The Boise St. player is a douche, but we wouldn't be talking about him today if Blount doesn't turn into a maniac. And as others have said, if it was just the punch you might look past it with a short suspension - but the way he tried to go at the fans afterwords is inexcusable.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #114
spleen1015
Coordinator

Please don't let this thread degrade into some BS about racism.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #115
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Please don't let this thread degrade into some BS about racism.

Sorry. I've lost my patience with Noop and his race baiting. Everyone just usually ignores him, and I'll go back to doing that to.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #116
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Sorry. I've lost my patience with Noop and his race baiting. Everyone just usually ignores him, and I'll go back to doing that to.
fwiw, others (myself included) have called him out on it numerous times.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #117
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
I know, you're calling me a racist, which is what you do (without actually saying it). Like how we were all racist in the Micahel Vick thread for criticizing him.

For what it's worth (nothing to a bigot like you), the player who lost his mind in a high school game last year in Idaho (white) and punched out his coach, and was charged with a felony, also acted like a wild dog.

I really, really, have no tolerance for a human being losing control of themselves physically like an animal and putting other people in danger. I really don't care what race he is. It's a personal characteristic, not a racial one. Some humans are just closer to animals than others. That's what it is - animalistic. A human being should be able to control themselves physically. A punch is an unfortuante mistake, when it goes on for 10 minutes its something worse.

You're a fucking idiot. I was point out your use of language is questionable and I know you could have picked a better word then the one you used. If anyone is a racist or harbors those tendencies its not me its you. Go look at the thread about the police to see you at your best if you wondering.

I question where some people on this board are coming from with their comments and over the years I have come to understand people are just different. I am not a racist nor a bigot never have been but according to you I am which is great because you decide who is what in this place.

As for your story that is still suspect but then again its hard to see your own nose without a mirror.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I didn't watch, just followed the game online, so could someone confirm this account from an Oregon columnist

Kelly was disrespected multiple times on the Ducks sideline during the game. Players scoffed in his face. Another shouted at him. Bellotti undermined him, too, by walking up in front of Kelly's players to offer the new guy input in the second quarter. And so we're learning calling the plays is one thing, and leading the program is another.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #119
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Can we at least make the arguments in this thread revolve around rivalries to keep it relevant?

For example, f%@# the Beakers.

(sterlingice and DataKing enter the thread in 3......2.....1.....)
Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Looking forward to Indiana's season opener this Thursday night. Although if we lose to Eastern Kentucky, I will cry.

The game actually was still in question until the final gun. It's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season for IU. We could not run the ball against an FCS team. Coaching staff cannot make adjustments at the half. Why do we have to be the Detroit Lions of the Big Ten?

At least our newly renovated stadium looks great. I'll just focus on that as we get our ass kicked by Western Michigan next week.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #121
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Kelly was disrespected multiple times on the Ducks sideline during the game. Players scoffed in his face. Another shouted at him. Bellotti undermined him, too, by walking up in front of Kelly's players to offer the new guy input in the second quarter. And so we're learning calling the plays is one thing, and leading the program is another.

I can confirm that Bellotti went up to him during the game to give him advice. During an interview in the 2nd quarter, Bellotti admitted to the sideline reporter that he did go up to Kelly to give his advice on what to do.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #122
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The game actually was still in question until the final gun. It's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season for IU. We could not run the ball against an FCS team. Coaching staff cannot make adjustments at the half. Why do we have to be the Detroit Lions of the Big Ten?

At least our newly renovated stadium looks great. I'll just focus on that as we get our ass kicked by Western Michigan next week.

At least for your sake Purdue sucks too.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Maybe it was mentioned already & I overlooked it but did everybody catch who the assistant coach caught in the scrum at the end was? Former Nebraska QB Scott Frost.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's way too early for any sort of judgement like that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they will probably both get better as the season goes along

SI

I agree it's early but even at this stage they didn't look great.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #125
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

The difference being that at least Purdue has a good basketball team to fall back on come November.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #126
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Yes. But I guarantee that they will kick the shit out of us again this year, just like they did last year. We are world class bad.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #127
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
I didn't watch, just followed the game online, so could someone confirm this account from an Oregon columnist

That's a pretty shit thing for Bellotti to do because as the article states he undermined Kelly. If I'm Kelly I am thinking of making my exit from Oregon after the season is over because that environment is not one he can be successful.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #128
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The difference being that at least Purdue has a good basketball team to fall back on come November.

Get your swipes in while you can. IU is on the way back up in basketball. I have total faith in Coach Crean.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Greg Schiano hasn't publicly named his starting QB, but odds are it's Natale. He released his 2 deep chart earlier this week and had a bunch of ORs

My inside source at RU says it will be Natale but all 3 QB's probably see time at some point unless Natale is lights out.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #130
wade moore
lolzcat

FCS Villanova (from the CAA) upset Temple last night. Way to go Nova! Not a HUGE win as Temple isn't a football powerhouse, but any FCS over BCS win is good for the division.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #131
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Get your swipes in while you can. IU is on the way back up in basketball. I have total faith in Coach Crean.

Like I said a few years ago when Mizzou finished 11th in conference, there's nowhere to go but up.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #132
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I imagine there has to be a lot of pressure on the Oregon staff to do something about Blount, and quickly. Not only was Bellotti in attendance last night, but so was the new Pac 10 Commissioner. Talk about poor first impressions.

Quote:
Can we at least make the arguments in this thread revolve around rivalries to keep it relevant?

This made me LOL.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #133
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
I can confirm that Bellotti went up to him during the game to give him advice. During an interview in the 2nd quarter, Bellotti admitted to the sideline reporter that he did go up to Kelly to give his advice on what to do.

That absolutely floored me when he said that during the game. He couldn’t even make it through the first half without completely undermining Kelly in front of the entire team. Kelly better hang 50 on Purdue next week or he’s in serious trouble. Belloti obviously would have no trouble stepping right back in as head coach on an emergency bases.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #134
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I seem to remember a pretty good game last year but I can't remember who won... who was that again?

November 28th this year.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #135
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Belloti obviously would have no trouble stepping right back in as head coach on an emergency bases.

Sounds to me like Kelly might be better off in the long run if he let him.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #136
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
He has to wear those ugly ass Oregon jerseys, isnt that punishment enough?

I thought the jerseys weren't that bad. I liked the feathers on the shoulders. They were 10x's better than those old Oregon jerseys with that fake chainmail pattern or whatever it was.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #137
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
FCS Villanova (from the CAA) upset Temple last night. Way to go Nova! Not a HUGE win as Temple isn't a football powerhouse, but any FCS over BCS win is good for the division.

It can be argued that Temple should be a FCS....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #138
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
It can be argued that Temple should be a FCS....

True..

If my Tribe can pull off the win over UVA tomorrow I'll crow a lot louder .

Quote:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #139
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
... Blaine Gabbert .... He ... was the #1 QB in the nation coming out of HS.

Seriously, he came out the same year as Terrelle Pryor. You need to stop saying this.

ESPN had him as the #5 QB, rivals.com #2 and Scout.com #7.

I get, all those numbers mean he was a stud recruit. But I cannot find a single publication that did not have Pryor the #1 QB, if not player.

Last edited by Samdari : 09-04-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #140
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I seem to remember a pretty good game last year but I can't remember who won... who was that again?

November 28th this year.

SI

Who'd you play in the B12 championship the next weekend?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #141
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Seriously, he came out the same year as Terrelle Pryor. You need to stop saying this.

I get, all those numbers mean he was a stud recruit. But I cannot find a single publication that did not have Pryor the #1 QB, if not player.

Maybe #1 dropback qb?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #142
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post

I'm going to assume that the article is using the differentiation that Rivals uses to separate dual-threat QB's and pro-style QB's. Pretty sure that Pryor was classified as the #1 dual-threat QB and Gabbert was the #1 pro-style QB.

I'm not sure that it matters all that much in the end. There's not a lot of difference when you're dealing with players that highly ranked. It's more of a pissing match than anything.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #143
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Maybe it was mentioned already & I overlooked it but did everybody catch who the assistant coach caught in the scrum at the end was? Former Nebraska QB Scott Frost.

That is an great catch. The kind of useless, irrelevant information that I love.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #144
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who'd you play in the B12 championship the next weekend?

I know we didn't lose by 40, sending our best team in years to the Alamo Bowl.

And here is a picture of our coach one bowl into devouring Florida's entire orange supply.

(to others fans, we all know we don't have national titles to fight over but we all have our own little squabbles)

SI

Old 09-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #145
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

And here is a picture of our coach one bowl into devouring Florida's entire orange supply.

SI

I no longer will bitch to the cashier when I go the grocery store wondering why oranges are so damn expensive this summer. Supply is obviously scarce.

Which Sisters of the Poor school is KU playing this week?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which Sisters of the Poor school is KU playing this week?

That made me curious myself, so I went & looked.

They start a trip through murderer's row with Northern Colorado, followed by UTEP and Duke.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #147
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's the Northern Colorado (School of the Blind) Bears, thank you very much.

Say hello to those powerhouses of Bowling Green and Furman the next two weeks

SI

Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #148
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

They start a trip through murderer's row with Northern Colorado, followed by UTEP and Duke.

Don't forget Southern Miss, too. It's our tour of C-USA. And that's *AT* UTEP!

SI

Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #149
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

I'm going to be in El Paso for the UTEP-KU game. I'm expecting the result to be the same as the last time the Miners played the Jayhawks in a major men's sport...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #150
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
That's the Northern Colorado (School of the Blind) Bears, thank you very much.

Say hello to those powerhouses of Bowling Green and Furman the next two weeks

SI

I'm thinking that Illinois and @Nevada provide more challenges than any on the KU slate. We deserve a couple of easy ones. But as you mention, KU managed to make a BCS bowl despite not even winning a division championship/making the championship game in their own league, so I guess there's something to scheduling no one in your non-conf schedule.