Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2007, 06:11 AM   #101
Blade6119
Coordinator

Yes, i assume them not responding means their too deep in gameplay to come here..must resist the urge!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #102
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, after my old friend and liege, the King of Denmark, decided to go batshit for the Crusades, trying to take me with him into war, we regretfully broke off the Duchy of Sjaelland from the Kingdom.

Alas, our worst fears proved true about this foolish crusade. The Poles invaded Denmark, overthrowing the King and crowning themselves King of Poland and Denmark. Finding the lands hard to rule, the Polish King passed ownership of Denmark to the Church, and the fractured realm of Denmark is now ruled by the Archbishop.

In Sjaelland, now the last piece of free Danish soil, we wait. Denmark will be reunited by the famed Duke of Sjaelland, and the crown shall return to Danish hands. Oh yes.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-05-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #103
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's worth it IMO. Much better gameplay and I havent seen a Muslim Germany yet

Scotland held part of the holy lands and they lost it when the kingdom declared independence becoming a Muslim country again.

But the wife finder is super helpful. The rivals friends doesn't seem to play that big of a piece though. But annointing your court has been made so easy. You don't have to scan through every courtier but just click the spot you want ot fill and it lists all your courtiers and their attribute for that role.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-05-2007 at 01:32 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #104
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm finding it hard to get into the game, although all the new changes are quite refreshing. I've had 3 CTD's so far. It's frustrating, specially when you're midway through a sweeping crusade.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #105
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Did you guys start from a clean install of CK or just install it over any mods you might be using?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #106
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm finding it hard to get into the game, although all the new changes are quite refreshing. I've had 3 CTD's so far. It's frustrating, specially when you're midway through a sweeping crusade.

The first game I played, about 7 minutes into it, it froze on me. No ctd's, just froze. Most of the time when I get ctd's it's when playing and using the "die" cheat when it happens.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #107
SunDevil
College Prospect

Yep, I will be waiting for at least 2 patches to come out before I pick this up. Then again, I will probably be waiting a year.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

There actually isn't a lot of problems from what I gather; not on a normal paradox release at least

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-05-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #109
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The "send gift" exploit is still there.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #110
path12
Coordinator

I just reinstalled the original game and the patch. Now I have to decide if I actually like the game enough to buy the expansion.....

.....who am I kidding? I'll have it by the end of the weekend.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #111
MrBug708
Head Coach

Anyone been playing extensively? I'm getting a bad run of CTD errors so I'm hoping for a patch semi soon
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 AM   #112
Izulde
Head Coach

I don't have the expansion, but I know a lot of people have remarked about the CTDs and the fact that the vassal system seems to be broken at current.

So hopefully both things will be fixed in a patch.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #113
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The CTDs have taken me away from the game. The vassal issue doesn't bother me as much. When they get it patched I'll jump right back in. In between crashes it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:49 AM   #114
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've been playing old CK for now, once they patch DV to get rid of the CTD issues that everyone is complaining about, I'll pick it up.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #115
John Galt
Pro Starter

Can someone tell me how to run DV in windowed mode? I've read the instructions in the manual, but I can't figure out how to change the command line on my Windows shortcut. I also don't know if there is supposed to a "/" or "-" or some other character added to the line. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #116
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Anyone play Crusader Kings MP?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #117
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Anyone play Crusader Kings MP?

Never tried it and unfortunately won't get a chance to until I'm back in the States. Would be cool to try though.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #118
MrBug708
Head Coach

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=331766

Beta patch released
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #119
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I'm cautiously optimistic about the pledging being fixed, though reviews naturally need forthcoming and I still need to finish my current AAR before picking up DV.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #120
MrBug708
Head Coach

I played about 5 years quickly and didn't have a problem with a coach
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #121
sabotai
General Manager

I saw there is a mod to convert CK games to EU3 games. Anyone have a chance to try it out? I plan on buying the Napoleon's Ambition expansion for EUIII (after I'm done with my Aragon dynasty). It'd be great to start off with CK (haven't played it yet, but sounds pretty good) in 1066 and then go from there.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #122
Groundhog
Coordinator

I finally picked up CK and the expansion last week and have been having a blast. I picked a count in Ireland to start with and after around 70 years I was King of Ireland. I made a few screwups though, as my #1 heir had an intenstinal worm and was 'stressed' since the age of around 8. I figured he'd die young, and I had two other eligible heirs beside him. Unforunately, he lived a long, long life. I made a horrendous choice with him when he was in his 30s (and still alive...) and ended up getting excommunicated, which, so it turns out, is a very, very bad thing. My court members began leaving in large numbers and my two heirs (brothers of my ruler, as the intenstinal worm meant that my ruler had no children) who I had granted count titles to both turned against me and declared war on me. I destroyed them, leaving me with no heirs. My ruler was 'seriously injured' in the battles, leaving him 'stressed', 'intestinal wormed', and 'seriously injured', yet he still lived to be 52 before dying, and bringing my game to an end.

My next game I want to start as an independant single-province count in a decent European province, any suggestions? Ireland was a lot of fun, but I'd like to be somewhere that opens the possibilities of dealing with the Islamic nations.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #123
Groundhog
Coordinator

dola

The CTDs have been VERY annoying however. I usually get one every 5 years or so. Turning auto-save on after each year helps, but more times than I care to recall I've lost out big thanks to these crashes, most memorably when two of my heirs got the "prodigy" trait.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #124
Izulde
Head Coach

I haven't touched DV myself because while the patch has fixed a lot of the CTDs and the vassalage problems, it hasn't fixed all of them. Oh and there's the small matter of not being able to continue vanilla CK games in DV for obvious reasons.

As for a good indy county to play with to deal with the Islamic nations, I'd go with Salerno.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #125
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Yep, I will be waiting for at least 2 patches to come out before I pick this up. Then again, I will probably be waiting a year.

Still waiting.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #126
path12
Coordinator

OK, I'm trying this out again. I'm a count in Ireland starting in 1066. There has been very little to do so far in the first dozen years -- I don't have enough of an army to invade anyone, research hasn't come up with anything so far, a thieves guild is killing my income, and my family is fucked up beyond belief with rivalries and idiot sons convinced they're better than the folks I have appointed (they are most decidedly not), but hopefully when my initial guy dies the successor looks to be a bit more capable.

So my question is this: is this normal? Is there more I should be doing? I tried to assassinate my rival in prep to invade, but failed and took the big prestige hit.

Other questions: Is there an easier way to find marriages than just clicking on each country? How can I get rid of the thieves guild?

This is Deus Vult with the 2.1 beta patch.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #127
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ireland can be kind of boring once you unite it. You can try to get involved with the other battles because you are fairly safe from invasion and can pick off different provinces as you go. If you can vassalize the Welsh provinces, you can start to pick apart England, especially if Scotland/France are on your side.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #128
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Ireland can be kind of boring once you unite it. You can try to get involved with the other battles because you are fairly safe from invasion and can pick off different provinces as you go. If you can vassalize the Welsh provinces, you can start to pick apart England, especially if Scotland/France are on your side.

How long might it take to unite it? I can't even expand past my one county right now, much less the entire island......
Old 01-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #129
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
How long might it take to unite it? I can't even expand past my one county right now, much less the entire island......

Generally when you start, you need to pick a county to go after as some of them start off not vassaled to anyone else. It's more or less luck. If you can pledge to England early, you can also get their help. I'm not sure which of the counties start with claims on other counties but it should be fairly easy. A lot of quick play needs to be involved with Ireland
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #130
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I saw there is a mod to convert CK games to EU3 games. Anyone have a chance to try it out? I plan on buying the Napoleon's Ambition expansion for EUIII (after I'm done with my Aragon dynasty). It'd be great to start off with CK (haven't played it yet, but sounds pretty good) in 1066 and then go from there.

I havent tried the mod, but it apparently does a fairly good job.

Paradox released an official converter for Victoria to Hearts of Iron II, that works pretty well. I've been playing as the US in HoI II with a game that started as a Victoria game, it'll be interesting to see how/if a World War kicks off when most of Europe is already split between Germany, Turkey and Austria and where the UK is too busy occupying China and Africa to bother with anything else.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #131
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I havent tried the mod, but it apparently does a fairly good job.

Paradox released an official converter for Victoria to Hearts of Iron II, that works pretty well. I've been playing as the US in HoI II with a game that started as a Victoria game, it'll be interesting to see how/if a World War kicks off when most of Europe is already split between Germany, Turkey and Austria and where the UK is too busy occupying China and Africa to bother with anything else.

Wow.

So is there a way now that you could start with Crusader Kings and go all the way through to HoI II?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #132
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Wow.

So is there a way now that you could start with Crusader Kings and go all the way through to HoI II?

Yep, in fact there's a few Mega-Campaign AARs floating around the Paradox boards that set out to do that.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #133
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
OK, I'm trying this out again. I'm a count in Ireland starting in 1066. There has been very little to do so far in the first dozen years -- I don't have enough of an army to invade anyone, research hasn't come up with anything so far, a thieves guild is killing my income, and my family is fucked up beyond belief with rivalries and idiot sons convinced they're better than the folks I have appointed (they are most decidedly not), but hopefully when my initial guy dies the successor looks to be a bit more capable.

So my question is this: is this normal? Is there more I should be doing? I tried to assassinate my rival in prep to invade, but failed and took the big prestige hit.

I very very rarely use assassinations myself. The risk factor is too great for me. Honestly I find Ireland pretty boring to play in unless you have one of the stronger counties or are a duchy.

Quote:
Other questions: Is there an easier way to find marriages than just clicking on each country? How can I get rid of the thieves guild?

This is Deus Vult with the 2.1 beta patch.

There's supposed to be a ledger in DV to make it easier to find brides in DV, IIRC. I know in vanilla CK I go through all the different counties to find someone.

As for the thieves guild, build a court of justice. It won't eliminate the thieves guild right away, but it'll shorten the time it takes for the guild to disband.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #134
Groundhog
Coordinator

I like this game. A lot.

I've been playing with Salerno and having a lot of fun, and strangely I haven't had a single crash and I'm around a century in. I conquered 4 provinces around me in Italy before my superb king died at age 70, leaving me with a not-so-superb king who didn't have the ability to rule more than 2 provinces. I granted the title of duke to two of my court members to take over the provinces (didn't want to give any one of my courtiers both provinces, as the provinces have about 2-3k soldiers each) which has cut my monthly income a bit.

For the past decade or so I've been bidding my time, waiting for the nearby County of 6 or 7 provinces to split up or be attacked so I can make a move and look at becoming a king.

One problem I've had is my courtier's loyalty dropping down to 0.0 fairly frequently, and I haven't worked out a way to prevent that happening. Often wives I bring in for my men START with 0.0 loyalty, and that's understandable enough I suppose, but it's frustrating when one of my king's grandsons grows up to be an ace military genius, only to see his loyalty quickly plummet month after month until he leaves to another court. Anyone got any tips on how I can help prevent that?

Last edited by Groundhog : 01-15-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #135
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I like this game. A lot.

I've been playing with Salerno and having a lot of fun, and strangely I haven't had a single crash and I'm around a century in. I conquered 4 provinces around me in Italy before my superb king died at age 70, leaving me with a not-so-superb king who didn't have the ability to rule more than 2 provinces. I granted the title of duke to two of my court members to take over the provinces (didn't want to give any one of my courtiers both provinces, as the provinces have about 2-3k soldiers each) which has cut my monthly income a bit.

For the past decade or so I've been bidding my time, waiting for the nearby County of 6 or 7 provinces to split up or be attacked so I can make a move and look at becoming a king.

One problem I've had is my courtier's loyalty dropping down to 0.0 fairly frequently, and I haven't worked out a way to prevent that happening. Often wives I bring in for my men START with 0.0 loyalty, and that's understandable enough I suppose, but it's frustrating when one of my king's grandsons grows up to be an ace military genius, only to see his loyalty quickly plummet month after month until he leaves to another court. Anyone got any tips on how I can help prevent that?

Hover over the loyalty thing and find out -why- loyalty is dropping. It'll give you a mouseover screen that shows the pluses and minuses to loyalty.

Things it could be: (Keep in mind I don't have DV):

1. Your reputation
Solution: Get your piety up by church donations, making bishophorics, etc.

2. Your diplomacy score
Solution: Find a better chancellor

3. Character traits of person loyalty is dropping in
Solution: None, really.

4. Realm Law. If you have Royal Peragatory (sp), your vassals' loyalty will drop over time.
Solution: Change to Feudal Contract

General Tips for Raising Loyalty
1. Change Realm Law to Feudal Contract
2. Bribe people with gifts of money
3. Grant people titles
4. Raise your piety to ensure your reputation is as spotless as possible. Note, it could take many months or even years to raise your reputation up again, depending on how bad it is.
5. Find the best chancellor you can get.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I haven't touched DV myself because while the patch has fixed a lot of the CTDs and the vassalage problems, it hasn't fixed all of them. Oh and there's the small matter of not being able to continue vanilla CK games in DV for obvious reasons.

As for a good indy county to play with to deal with the Islamic nations, I'd go with Salerno.

Remembering my CK dynasty are ya?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #137
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Now I know why I missed this place...cool information like this.

Speaking of Paradox expansions, did anyone get the one for Victoria?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #138
Groundhog
Coordinator

BTW, the ledger is FANTASTIC for finding good brides. Sure beats clicking on 100 shields until you find one.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #139
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Remembering my CK dynasty are ya?

That and it's simply the best position to start in for that kind of setup, in my opinion. You can pick off the independent Muslims in Sicily one at a time if you can beat the damn de Hautevilles to the punch (I hate them more than any other dynasty in the game), because you're both militarily powerful enough and rich enough to where you don't have to worry -too- much about money and winning wars.

You can also eat independent neighbor Capua too, to give you a stronger base in Italy, though if I was playing Salerno, I'd probably be more inclined to conquer Sicily, as there's no badboy to worry about and it gives you a stronger base to go foraying into some of the weaker North African Muslim territories.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #140
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Now I know why I missed this place...cool information like this.

Nope, I just have vanilla Vicky on my desktop. It's the one Paradox game I want to try really hard to love, especially after a course I took in 19th C Latin American History with the most amazing professor I've ever had, but I just can't do it.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #141
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Nope, I just have vanilla Vicky on my desktop. It's the one Paradox game I want to try really hard to love, especially after a course I took in 19th C Latin American History with the most amazing professor I've ever had, but I just can't do it.

Really? I love Vicky, although I admit I get bored when the games get to tanks/planes. I love the time frame and the warfare of that era. Although, frankly, if it's Paradox I'll give it a try. A friend and I are going to start a little MP EU3 now that I have a computer that can run it. And CK is great...though I haven't got it reloaded on this comp yet. Great CK dynasty btw.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to let you guys know that in a few minutes i intend to d/l DV and install it and patch it if needed. Then I'll be starting a new dynasty, and no, I don;t know who I'll be.

Just in case you don;t see me around for a few days...

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #143
chesapeake
College Starter

I've been looking for a new game to play after being so disappointed with Pirates of the Burning Sea, so I dropped the $30 for CK and DV. I was a little worried about all the instability issues I read about on the Paradox boards, but had no problems in the 3 hours I logged last night.

I'm playing as the Duke of Leinster to learn the ropes. About the only noteworthy event I've had in 10 years has been a falling out with my wife who subsequently met with an unfortunate accident involving a falling gargoyle.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #144
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The CTDs have pulled me away from CK even though I think DV is fantastic. I was crashing multiple times an hour and I just got tired of it.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #145
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't know why, but I haven't had a single crash in my 7+ hours of using Salerno.

When I was playing as an Irish nation, I was getting one every few years of game time.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #146
Groundhog
Coordinator

What exactly is the vassal bug? I haven't noticed it, but then I probably just don't know how vassal's are supposed to work.

Also, this game REALLY needs a "find province" button like in EUIII. Too many times I find myself alt-tabbing out to wiki to search for where some province is located.

I'm still playing as Salerno, but I think I should have cranked up the difficulty. It's 1211 and I'm King of Sicily and King of Egypt, and by far the strongest nation in the game (my score is about 18,000, next closest is a few Islamic nations at around the 4,000 mark). No other Kingdom really exists close to their historical size. England is broken up amongst the Scottish, English, and Norwegians. France is controlled by the the King of England, but many other European nations have territory there. Germany is busted up. The Papal States and the Kingdom of Italy are about to be absorbed by me on my quest to conquer all of Italy.

I know the Mongols aren't far off however, and I've yet to see them in action. I'm expecting that to make life tough for me, especially as there is no strong Russian nation. The Byzantines might be the best hope at stopping the Mongols from delving too close to my territory, but if the Mongols are as insanely numerous as I've heard, I don't see it happening.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #147
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
What exactly is the vassal bug?

It might be one of many issues/opinions with how vassals should work, but my best guess would be that it is a reference to vassals making "historically" unlikely pledges. See the following thread for details and an unofficial event fix.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=326287

Edited to add: It is also discussed in this older thread.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=325460

Last edited by twothree : 01-27-2008 at 06:03 PM.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #148
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post

I have the expansion for Victoria, it doesn't add much but it's only $10. Most of the addition is to the end of the game, it adds 15 years plus a converter so you can carry the game on in HoI (the reason I bought it).

Other than that there are a few tweaks to the military, political and economic systems. Nothing huge, other than the extra years it's more of a patch than an expansion.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #149
Critch
lolzcat

dola: I've only played 1 game with the Victoria expansion, I went from 1836 to about 1915 with the vanilla game before switching over to the expansion to get through to 1936 and the start of HoI2. In 1915 everything looked pretty much like you'd expect on the World map, the main European powers were all still there, all their borders were roughly in the "correct" place. North America was much as you'd expect other than the US border with Mexico was a little further north, Nova Scotia was British and independent from Canada, and Arizona was French (don't know what happened there) but nothing hugely ahistorical.

Within a couple of years of switching to the expansion, everything changed. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence (only one game is a small sample size I know), or if the AI was trying to force a World War at roughly the correct time, but the AI powers went war crazy. There wasn't a true World War, but lots of little wars broke out. The Austrians and Germans crushed France and Italy a few times til Italy all but vanished and France was about 1/3 it's size, The Ottoman Empire and Persia invaded into Russia from the south, The British and Americans "liberated" all of France's African and Asian colonies, The Russians and their Swedish allies invaded Japan while fighting off the Ottoman/Persian alliance, the Dutch invaded the newly reduced and defenseless France, and finally the Austrian and German allies turned on each other before settling for stalemate.

For about 14 years all the major powers other than the British fought war after war, fighting themselves to a standstill until they ran out of manpower. The British had other things on their mind, there were constant uprisings starting in Scotland and sweeping all the way down to London. It was like the Jacobites turned up nearly 200 years late. Other than the anti-French colonial wars in Africa and China, the British kept themselves to themselves.

So based on this one game, the AI may be more warlike in the expansion. Or maybe it isnt, who knows. One other thing the expansion added was CTDs in my game, everything was fine til about 1934 but then I had to inch slowly through constant CTDs saving every couple of weeks to get to 1936 and HoI2.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #150
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm on a huge game as the Duke of Mechenburg (or however it's spelled). The vassal bug can get annoying at times though and unless you start out in Spain (which is my next game) the first senario always has Spain ending up as Muslim and all but wiping out any Spanish influence