Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #101
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think I'll play a few normal franchise seasons first, then I'll dig into Superstar mode.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #102
Philliesfan980
Banned

Most of the early impressions on OS are completely underwhelming. What a shame, I really want to go out and get a 360 for this game, but right now there's no reason to do so.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Most of the early impressions on OS are completely underwhelming. What a shame, I really want to go out and get a 360 for this game, but right now there's no reason to do so.

There are a few.. BUT the two people I read had low post counts.. which I know doesn't mean a whole lot.. but I'll wait for more credible sources before drawing any conclusions. I'll have it Tuesday and I'm sure Troy and EF will as well. So, if you're on the fence, wait until then.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:20 AM   #104
SFL Cat
College Starter

If EA were smart, they wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel each season like they seem to try to do. I'd set a three to five year cycle for complete new game engine releases and try to base them around the development of console technology as much as possible. Once I released a new game engine, I'd spend the interim releasing annual roster updates, gameplay tweaks, a few new animations, and maybe one new feature per release. I'd also charge about half price for the annual updates until the next generation game engine is released at the end of the development cycle.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 08-19-2006 at 09:22 AM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #105
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
If EA were smart, they wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel each season like they seem to try to do. I'd set a three to five year cycle for complete new game engine releases and try to base them around the development of console technology as much as possible. Once I released a new game engine, I'd spend the interim releasing annual roster updates, gameplay tweaks, a few new animations, and maybe one new feature per release. I'd also charge about half price for the annual updates until the next generation game engine is released at the end of the development cycle.

Look, the fact of the matter is that would be DUMB.

Yeah, it'd make us fans all happy and glowing inside. And the profits from Madden and NCAA (Two of EA's big cash cows) would suffer greatly. Madden and NCAA will be in the top ten until Christmas as it is. Do you really think EA would be smarter as a company by charging half that amount?

Yeah, they piss us all off. The game could be something special and a lot of times misses the mark. (though I think NCAA2007 and last years Madden are two incredible football games) But their business model will stay the same so long as there are droves of us who will drink their kool-aid every year.

I'll be out of town next week, so I'll get a chance to read the reviews and pay attention to operation sports and here before I decide if it'll be in my collection or not. As much as I love Madden, I think it'll get heavy play from me for about a month. . . until NBA2K7 comes out.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
There are a few.. BUT the two people I read had low post counts.. which I know doesn't mean a whole lot.. but I'll wait for more credible sources before drawing any conclusions. I'll have it Tuesday and I'm sure Troy and EF will as well. So, if you're on the fence, wait until then.

I'll only get to play for a few hours on Tuesday night, and then no play until Sunday with my mom visiting. I'll post some brief initial impressions on Tuesday, but it won't be much until I've had more time to dig into it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #107
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

Awesome. Yeah, I like OS as much as the next guy, but I agree, some of the sources are "questionable" at best. Even some of the higher post count guys can tend to be "fanboyish" (not the majority though). I think some of those guys spend so much time psyching themselves up for it that they over look at lot of things.

In short, I value your, EF and Troy's impressions probably more than anyone's (as well as SI's) regarding console games.

Either way, your impressions of Oblivion probably pushed me to the "purchase" stage anyway .

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 08-19-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #108
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Somehow this has already been leaked onto Usenet, for every platform no less. Seems like that would have to be an inside job, no? So much for that Madden Holiday.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #109
caspanky
Mascot

Well, the game is arriving in stores. My Gamestop got it yesterday. So all it would take is one shady manager/employee to "borrow" a copy, and upload it. Or maybe some reviewer uploaded theirs. And, i guess you also have to consider the disgruntled EA employee.
caspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #110
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have read from people I trust over at DS that the superstar mode is so much fun, they haven't played anything else in the game. All you do is control your player - which sounds incredibly cool. I loved that mode in The Show.

They said the camera angles for SS mode is excellent. One guy was a CB and was put on the kicking team and when he was just about to lay a hit on the returner, from nowhere he got smacked to the ground by an opposing player. Cool stuff...
Old 08-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #111
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I hope there more than one camera angle.

The more i read the impressions, the more I want Madden 2007 for the xbox 360.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #112
Terps
College Prospect

I'm pretty sure there's just one camera angle. In Superstar Mode there are camera angles specific to your position.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, everything I've read states that there is only 1 camera angle in the "franchise" and regular games. There is a player specific camera in SS mode games. As long as it is similar to the camera in NCAA, I don't mind. That camera was almost perfect with my widescreen setup.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #114
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Sim stats for the season.

Quote:
Passing
Yards: Peyton Manning; 5,246
TDs: Peyton Manning; 49
INTs: Tom Brady/Josh McCown; 14
Completions: Peyton Manning; 381
Attempts: Peyton Manning; 565
Completion Percentage: Peyton Manning; 67%

Rushing
Yards: Clinton Portis; 1,998
TDs: Rudi Johnson; 17
Attempts: 372; Clinton Portis

Michael Vick had 352 rushing yards, so I think we're good there.

Receiving
Receptions: Marvin Harrison; 97
Yards: Marvin Harrison; 1,744
TDs: Marvin Harrison; 16

Defense
Tackles: London Fletcher; 133
Tackles For Loss: Jevon Kearse; 14
Sacks: Jevon Kearse; 15
Interceptions: 4 players; 8
Forced Fumbles: Bart Scott/Dan Morgan; 6
Fumble Recoveries: Gerald Sensabaugh; 7
Touchdowns: Justin Miller/Brian Urlacher; 3

Kicking
FGM: Jay Feely; 34
FGA: John Carney; 46
FG%: Jeff Wilkins/Mike Vanderjagt; 87%
FG Long: 5 players; 56 yards

Returning
Dante Hall had 4 KR TDs
Roscoe Parrish had 3 PR TDs

Kansas City Chiefs beat the Washington Redskins (what a politically incorrect SB) 34-31 in the Super Bowl.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I looked at those yesterday. Nothing looks too bad, except interceptions seem a bit low if 14 is really the most anyone in the league threw.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Sim stats for the season.

UMMM...TOM BRADY WOULD NOT LEAD THE LEAGUE IN INT'S!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #117
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Accerlation clock still there I hope.

I love playing with that on.

12min accerlation clock gave the correct NFL average # of plays in the past.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #118
jbmagic
Pro Starter

One thing people are saying a lot is too much fumbles in the game.

Hopefully that due to the fatigue bug.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #119
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

No acceleration clock, but 9 mins should do you just fine, just like NCAA.

No in game saves either, why is it so hard to put this in a sports game??? Sheesh... in oblivion I can save at any point.

Not sure if I want to start a franchise or mess around with SS mode first. Seems like these modes like SS are getting better every year.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-19-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm not worried about the lack of acceleration clock. 9 minutes should be fine for me too (maybe 10 until I get used to the playbooks) but the lack of in game saves is rather annoying.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #121
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wish I was one those lucky few who have the game for the 360 already.. patch or no patch.

I'm jonesing for some football while watching my first Rams pre-season game tonight. Guess I'll load up FOF.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #122
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Yeah, I looked at those yesterday. Nothing looks too bad, except interceptions seem a bit low if 14 is really the most anyone in the league threw.

Since one of them is Tom Brady, I took it as 14 was the fewest that any QB threw.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Since one of them is Tom Brady, I took it as 14 was the fewest that any QB threw.

In another post in the thread that jb quoted, I think the original poster said it was the highest. Which does bring up a good point of why is Brady throwing 14. However, I might be mistaken.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-19-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #124
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
In another post in the thread that jb quoted, I think the original poster said it was the highest. Which does bring up a good point of why is Brady throwing 14. However, I might be mistaken.

Brady throwing 14 is just fine, it's what he usually throws. (in his five full seasons he's thrown 14 three times and 12 twice, the last two years are both 14)

The problem is that there should be a lot more in the 20 territory. While Brady has finished in the top ten in INT's the last couple of years, he's near the bottom of the top ten, not at the high point of it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:57 PM   #125
Kodos
Resident Alien

I played Madden 2006 PS2 last night after having played NCAA 2007 (360) for the last week. What struck me is how feature-rich Madden 2006 is, and that it really plays well. It's truly fun to play. I'm thinking I may just stick with it and wait for the 360 version to become more feature filled.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #126
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156077.html

8 hours of Madden! ..the 360 is up first.. goofy guys, but at least you get to see streaming video of the game on the 360
Old 08-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #127
Terps
College Prospect

Good to see some footage but those guys are terrible at playing.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #128
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Madden 2007 on the Xbox 360 will be on sale at Circuit City on release day.

Circuit City will have the game for $47.99 Regular price is $59.99
Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #129
dervack
College Prospect

And Fry's for 46.99. At least in my area.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #130
Coop
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Madden 2007 on the Xbox 360 will be on sale at Circuit City on release day.

Circuit City will have the game for $47.99 Regular price is $59.99

I'm getting it before I go to work..hopefully they have some copies left. I wish I had a frys in my area, they get all the good prices
Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 AM   #131
SegRat
High School Varsity

Madden 07 PSP seems like a huge upgrade from last year. First doesnt seem to be the shutdown problom from a year ago. The game flows a lot faster. Unfortunately no superstar which I was really hoping for.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 AM   #132
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

For some unknown reason, I was at GameSlop at midnight to pick up my copy. When I got home, I decided to "try the game out" for 10 minutes, and it ended up being an hour. I was playing superstar mode, and I created myself as a WR out of Tulane. I completely stunk it up in my pre-draft workouts. The Jets, Packers, and Patriots gave me chances, and I was just terrible. I did end up getting drafted in the 4th round by the Saints, and they actually have me at #1 on the depth chart going into the first preseason game.

I've been working on my blocking in practice, and since I created a very small player, I'm basically just doing cut blocks. I had Mike McKenzie defending me, and I tried to hold him up, but he just pushed me aside. The cut block works for me sometimes, though. Next practice, I'll work on running some seam routes and see if Brees can get the ball to me. I'm a small target, so he'll have to be accurate.

I had fun playing the game this morning, but now I'm practically asleep at work.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #133
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I was thinking about heading up to my local Gamestop last night to get Madden but thank god I didn't. Glad to hear you had fun playing - anything will be better than '06 for the 360!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #134
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So anyone with a verdict?

Yeah or Nay
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #135
thesloppy
Pro Starter

It's fun.

Superstar mode is very interesting. You obviously don't get to pick who drafts you, and it's a real challenge to have the computer calling plays for you. My first attempt resulted in me getting drafted by the Browns, which then quickly resulted in a restart, after too many draws to Lee Suggs made me realize I didn't want to deal with a career as a Brown. Next I was drafted by the Texans, which I THOUGHT was comparatively great....until Domanick Davis, Antoine Smith, AND David Carr were out for the season by week 3, leaving me running computer-selected plays with Sage Rosenfelds and Vernond Morency. Lee Suggs wil you ever forgive me?

At first glance seems like exactly what you'd expect if you've played this year's NCAA. In my few games it doesn't seem that there is the fumblitis that is in NCAA, and a little slider tweak immediately fixed the problem of too many INTs over the middle, so I think it might even play a little better.

Superstar mode is definitely worth playing, and I never really said that about any of the otehr Madden-modes in the past. Having the computer call your plays is a lot more fun than I would have thought, as you can no longer rely on money plays, can't go for it, or run out the clock whenever you want, and in general it jus tmakes the game a lot more challenging AND fun to remove the playcalling duties from the player, which is a big surprise to me (well the FUN part is a surprise).

On my very very limited experience I'd say it's a definite 'buy' if you enjoyed this year's NCAA. I hear it's $37.99 at Walmart, although I wasn't able to verify that myself.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #136
Bee
Pro Starter

Can anyone go into detail about the Superstar mode? I know you just control your guy and the computer calls the play, but what else is involved?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #137
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok got the game, PC version (umm... err... let's say the unlimited demo... I couldn't wait until the game is sold in lace w:st="on">Spainlace>, that can be a few months from now as it's not a popular game here).

Early impressions:

The graphs are so great, probably the best madden until now. The public is more detailed etc. Some guys have complained about some clothes not being 100% accurate but i don’t really care about that stuff. The animations are better, the only thing a bit weird are the long bombs as they travelled so high, like a punt or even more, but maybe that was just the cam angle.

Superstar mode: I'm having a blast!! Finally it's like i always wanted it to be. The off the field stuff is more or less the same than past year, but where the game shines is on the field. You can set it up to CPU control until you are in the field and that way, If you are not in the field, you watch the game CPU vs CPU (you can play it also if you want to) and once you are brought in the field, you are shown the next play, then the cam view is under your player and your route is drawn on the field for the whole play, so you don't need to memorize the plays, you can just follow them drawn on the field. It's really great, you only control your player as i always dreamed about a rpg game, also to watch your team mates play while you are in the bench is a great experience. The superstar mode is the main reason I’ll buy this game because as real sim i still prefer a text sim like FOF.

About simmed stats i have not tested them, but one thing i saw that looks cool is different injury sliders for played and simmed games, that can help to get more injuries in the simmed games, that was a problem in the past. Can't remember if this was this way in 2006 too.

Mini dynasty: I started as a RB from Toledo. Before the draft, i had to hire an agent (the worst one was the only who wanted to sign with me). Then i started my workouts. I decided to try the 40 yards and ground attack, getting silver medals on both, so i could raise a bit my attributes. I was drafted in the 3rd round, the 27th pick by Carolina. My GM told me that RB Foster was going to be the starter but that i would get some playing time to develop myself for the future. We had some practices before the game. Then we had the first game of the preseason vs the Bills. RB Foster started and took the first runs, and then...he got injured for 8 weeks!! It was my chance, as i was the main RB for most of the game. I had some good runs to outside, running inside was so hard, mainly 1 to 3 yards gains unless a nice block was picked and i could run for 5 to 10 yards (rare as it should). It was really fun to play, not only when i was running but also when my job was to just pass or run blocking. Also to watch the game CPU vs CPU when i was in the bench was so exciting.

About the game stats, well i only played one game so far, INT's looked a bit high and the completion % too low, also the sacks a bit high. I guess i'll need to raise the QB accuracy and pass blocking. The game was played CPU vs CPU unless my RB Ivan Carrillo was in the field, in that case i controlled only my RB.

This is a log from my first game of the preseason. Ivan Carrillo is the RB i created in the superstar mode.

If you have any doubt about the game just ask and i'll try to test them.

Code:
Quarter Length: 8 minute(s) Slider Human CPU QB Accuracy 50 50 Pass Blocking 50 50 Receiver Catching 50 50 Running Ability 50 50 Offensive line Run Blocking 50 50 Defensive Awareness 50 50 Defensive line Knockdowns 50 50 Interceptions 50 50 Defensive Break Blocks 50 50 Tackling 50 50 Fieldgoal Length 50 50 Fieldgoal Accuracy 50 50 Punt Length 50 50 Punt Accuracy 50 50 Kickoff Length 50 50 Weather Forecast: Fair Wind: 8 mph Temp: 72 degrees Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT FINAL Bills 0 0 10 6 0 16 Panthers 10 12 3 6 0 31 Game Statistics: Bills Panthers First Downs 8 16 Third Down Conversions 3 4 Third Downs 21 20 Third Down Percentage 14.3% 20.0% Forth Down Conversions 1 0 Fourth Downs 4 0 Fourth Down Percentage 25.0% 0.0% Two Pt Conversions Made 0 0 Two Pt Conversions Attempted 1 0 Two Pt Conversion Percentage 0.0% 0.0% Offense Redzone Num 1 7 Offense Redzone TDs 1 0 Offense Redzone FGs 0 5 Offense Redzone Percentage 100.0% 71.4% Rushing Attempts 29 40 Rushing Yards 91 144 Rushing Average 3.1 3.6 Rushing TDs 0 0 Passing Yards 94 195 Passing Completions 7 14 Passing Attempts 41 39 Completion Percentage 17.1% 35.9% Passing Average 2.3 5.0 Passing TDs 1 1 Offensive Pass Interceptions 4 4 TOTAL OFFENSE 185 339 Defensive Pass Interceptions 4 4 Punt Return Yards 2 29 Kick Return Yards 135 52 Punts 10 6 Punt Avg 46.4 37.3 Fumbles 1 1 Fumbles Lost 1 1 Penalties 4 4 Penalty Yds 25 25 Turnovers 5 5 TIME OF POSSESSION 12:42 19:18 Individual Stats: Panthers PASSING CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACK TD INT LONG RATING Jake Delhomme 8 20 169 40 8.4 5 1 1 47 66.4 Chris Weinke 6 19 57 31 3.0 2 0 3 16 1.3 RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM Ivan Carrillo 30 91 3.0 20 0 1 DeShaun Foster 6 57 9.5 19 0 0 Brad Hoover 3 -1 -0.3 1 0 0 Chris Weinke 1 -3 -3.0 0 0 0 RECEIVING REC YDS AVG LONG TD DROP YAC Keyshawn Johnson 4 110 27.5 47 1 0 7 Keary Colbert 2 44 22.0 32 0 1 10 Drew Carter 2 28 14.0 16 0 0 1 Teyo Johnson 1 10 10.0 10 0 2 1 Brad Hoover 1 9 9.0 9 0 0 8 Steve Smith 1 9 9.0 9 0 0 3 DeShaun Foster 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 3 Karl Hankton 1 7 7.0 7 0 0 0 DeAngelo Williams 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0 Kris Mangum 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 KICKING FGM FGA PCT FGSBLOCKED XPA XPM PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS John Kasay 8 9 88 0 1 1 100 0 3 0 Jason Baker 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 PUNTING ATT YDS AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS Jason Baker 6 224 37.3 41 0 0 0 KICK RETURNS ATT YDS AVG TD LONG DeAngelo Williams 3 52 17.3 0 20 Steve Smith 0 0 0.0 0 0 Teyo Johnson 1 0 0.0 0 0 PUNT RETURNS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD Steve Smith 2 29 14.5 17 0 Teyo Johnson 0 0 0.0 0 0 DeAngelo Williams 0 0 0.0 0 0 DEFENSE TOT LOSS SACK FF FREC YDS TD INT RET AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES Dan Morgan 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Al Wallace 5 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Na'il Diggs 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Richard Marshall 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 2 0 Ma'ake Kemoeatu 4 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Chris Draft 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Kevin McCadam 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Reggie Howard 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 22 22.0 1 0 Thomas Davis 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Adam Seward 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Kris Jenkins 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Keith Adams 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Mike Rucker 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Mike Minter 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Kris Mangum 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Teyo Johnson 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Nate Salley 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 2 0 Drew Carter 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Shaun Williams 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 3 0 Colin Branch 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Brad Hoover 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Chris Gamble 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Julius Peppers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 6.0 0 0 Ken Lucas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 -1 -0.5 0 0 BLOCKING PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED Jordan Gross 8 2 Kris Mangum 7 0 Mike Wahle 6 0 Justin Hartwig 6 1 Chad Beasley 4 0 Travelle Wharton 3 0 Scott Peters 2 0 Brad Hoover 1 0 Evan Mathis 1 2 Keyshawn Johnson 1 0 Dave Kadela 1 1 Individual Stats: Bills PASSING CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACK TD INT LONG RATING J.P. Losman 6 24 111 25 4.6 6 1 1 36 42.9 Kelly Holcomb 1 17 12 5 0.7 0 0 3 12 0.0 RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM Willis McGahee 12 43 3.5 10 0 0 Shaud Williams 11 41 3.7 17 0 0 J.P. Losman 3 11 3.6 9 0 0 Daimon Shelton 2 3 1.5 4 0 0 Kelly Holcomb 1 -7 -7.0 0 0 1 RECEIVING REC YDS AVG LONG TD DROP YAC Andre Davis 4 67 16.7 36 1 1 2 Josh Reed 2 46 23.0 34 0 1 3 Brad Cieslak 1 10 10.0 10 0 0 0 Peerless Price 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 Lee Evans 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 Roscoe Parrish 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0 KICKING FGM FGA PCT FGSBLOCKED XPA XPM PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS Rian Lindell 1 1 100 0 1 1 100 0 0 0 Brian Moorman 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 PUNTING ATT YDS AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS Brian Moorman 10 464 46.3 59 0 2 3 KICK RETURNS ATT YDS AVG TD LONG Terrence McGee 6 94 15.6 0 26 Roscoe Parrish 3 41 13.6 0 15 PUNT RETURNS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD Terrence McGee 1 2 2.0 2 0 Roscoe Parrish 1 0 0.0 0 0 DEFENSE TOT LOSS SACK FF FREC YDS TD INT RET AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES Chris Kelsay 7 3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Jabari Greer 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 12 12.0 3 0 Takeo Spikes 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Donte Whitner 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Mark Word 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Liam Ezekiel 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.0 1 0 London Fletcher 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Jeff Posey 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Ryan Denney 3 1 1 0 1 20 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Nate Clements 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 44 22.0 2 0 Matt Bowen 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Troy Vincent 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Tim Anderson 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Angelo Crowell 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Larry Tripplett 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Terrence McGee 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Ko Simpson 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 J.P. Losman 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Mario Haggan 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 1 0 Coy Wire 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Kelly Holcomb 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Eric King 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Peerless Price 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 Daimon Shelton 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 BLOCKING PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED Mike Gandy 11 0 Robert Royal 3 0 Aaron Gibson 3 2 Bennie Anderson 2 0 Chris Villarrial 2 0 Ross Verba 1 0 Liam Ezekiel 1 0 Melvin Fowler 1 0 Justin Geisinger 1 0 Duke Preston 1 2 Jason Thomas 0 2 Game Log Ends ------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Icy : 08-22-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #138
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm so excited about getting home and continuing my superstar mode game. I have a 98 speed rating, so I'm hoping to stretch defenses. I just don't know how Brees is going to get the ball to me, Horn, and Stallworth enough. Since I'm only a rookie, I won't complain much, but Brees had better be looking downfield because I'm going to be burning cornerbacks ALL DAY, BABY.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #139
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I'm so excited about getting home and continuing my superstar mode game. I have a 98 speed rating, so I'm hoping to stretch defenses. I just don't know how Brees is going to get the ball to me, Horn, and Stallworth enough. Since I'm only a rookie, I won't complain much, but Brees had better be looking downfield because I'm going to be burning cornerbacks ALL DAY, BABY.

That's until you meet me as a SS CB!!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #140
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

The one gripe I have about superstar mode is that no matter how crappy you are, they make you the starter. Obviously I guess nobody wants to sit on the bench for a year, but with all the other realism type things it seems a little out of place...
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #141
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
The one gripe I have about superstar mode is that no matter how crappy you are, they make you the starter. Obviously I guess nobody wants to sit on the bench for a year, but with all the other realism type things it seems a little out of place...

That is not true, if you read my post above, after being drafted as 3rd rounder, i was the second RB in CAR after Foster and only gained the main RB spot after he got injured.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #142
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
That is not true, if you read my post above, after being drafted as 3rd rounder, i was the second RB in CAR after Foster and only gained the main RB spot after he got injured.

I missed that bit - but from what they said on gamestop pre-release (they said youre always the starter) I thought it was that way. Anyway, glad I'm wrong here.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #143
Bee
Pro Starter

Yep, always being the starter would stink.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #144
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

IGN has their reviews of Madden07 up now - concerning the bugs people have discussed earlier here is a little tidbit from the PS2 review.

Quote:
This means that many of the bugs and glitches that you've probably become accustomed to from last year are still around. Cutscenes still have a stuttering hitch every now and then during playback. Players will still have blatant animation issues, like having the animation of a quarterback's arm throwing to the right side of the field and the ball accurately being thrown to the left. There's also what I refer to as the "Electric Slide," where a receiver will sometimes stop their animation, slide to the ball and then make a jump for a pass. Apart from the visual issues, there are still AI problems, including the lack of tackling in some games. Other times, the number of injuries present, particularly on big name players, feels completely unbalanced and unrealistic. But perhaps one of the most striking is the fatigue bug present in the game, which will let anyone play indefinitely without the effects of exhaustion. Something like this should've been fixed before it was released, but for some reason it still seems to be in the game.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #145
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I got the HOF edition this morning. I only played it for about a quarter before I had to go to work and it seemed much like Madden 06 on the Xbox 360 with some added animations.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #146
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

The fatigue bug still exists? Fucking terrible.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #147
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
The fatigue bug still exists? Fucking terrible.
It's a bug no doubt. But it's not like they could have pulled back the masters and just redo them. I trust that by the time I get to play the game late tonight/early tomorrow morning, a patch will be released for the 360.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #148
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
It's a bug no doubt. But it's not like they could have pulled back the masters and just redo them. I trust that by the time I get to play the game late tonight/early tomorrow morning, a patch will be released for the 360.

I'm hoping this as well.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #149
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is the fatigue bug only present in the 360 version or all platforms?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #150
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack

I'm pretty surprised that anyone is defending this.

To not check for a bug that existed last year is inexcusable imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote